PDA

View Full Version : Raider buff

HerZnait
05-17-2017, 10:41 AM
So anyone feels any different playing raider?
I really cant see much difference.

Maybe a little bit easier to finish low hp dudes with zone -> stp combo... (still high risk involved)
That wall run still only 30 dmg (not sure regarding stamina cost for yourself - i mean if it is worth doing it over "guaranteed" gb->zone)
it seems wall splat is now more reliable? (anyone checked this?)

flakkz
05-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Ye it's pointless. So tired of having to play my best everytime to even have a chance, and with the new Shinobi just running away all the time and turtle meta that punishes us everytime we attack I'm getting bored as hell. Keep trying to find openings and getting punished, don't even get me started on Orochis.

HerZnait
05-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Well i kinda feel the same =) But not sure what can be done to change that...
That run thing drains not enough stamina and usually when i do that i barely have any stamina left myself (coz getting a gb requires you to use some mixup).
However wall throw seems to be more reliable (pretty much guarantees heavy it seems).

KingAshram
05-22-2017, 08:22 PM
The change-up is nice. but they got rid of negative throw distance on gear so stamina punish is harder. weird change off. still gotta use those wall throws. though i do like the new change and knee. at least i can get about a heavies worth of damage overall using a light attack afterward. also i miss sprint speed on gear =/.

Stahlrusse
05-24-2017, 04:06 PM
That buff made raider definitely better than before but still not a game changer

Lyskir
05-29-2017, 12:06 AM
the mixups are good but.....its fcking pointless when light attacks interrupt every singe feint because he is too slow, even when u can get a nice mixup combo its too easy to parry....just too obvious

the only thing he is good at is out of stamina punish, thats all

TheTool85
06-04-2017, 08:27 PM
I like playing raider!
And you guys are right by saying his attacks are too slow and stuff...
But i think raiders biggest problem is the change of his defensive direction( left, right,top). I just feel like after every successful hit from the enemy(light or heavy) it takes too much time to regain control for devensive actions. Thats why i think raider is a really good victim for fast combo strikers such as Cent, Valk, etc.
But ok. Thats my opinion and yes i know: git gud^^ and so on ...

SplugeKing
06-06-2017, 10:21 PM
The buff definitely helped. It still sucks tho when you gb away from a wall and cant throw them into it for a heavy. But his high damage makes up for it. Mastering opponents stamina and getting good at blocking lights (gives you a free heavy) it essential for being a good raider. It still kinda sucks tho because for half the classes you have to still completely out play and out smart them to win

VoIume Control
06-06-2017, 11:47 PM
i think the main problem is he is to easy to block, Maybe have his zone harder to parry? because if you block up he cant stun so you win. so full time with block up he can't stun and guard breaks are to easy. He cant hit heavys on really skilled players and his light attacks still suck... i main raider and you really have to give 100% to win. He needs something i agree maybe a side stun? to add more switch ups? or a faster first heavy swing on the sides?