PDA

View Full Version : Def penetration

Plutonium Bug
05-17-2017, 09:36 AM
I really want to know how this stat works.
Does anyone have an idea?

Cause as how I see it this might be one of the most important stats and would make the attack+ useless.
Like if the opponent has +10% def but you have +16% def pen do you do like 6% more damage??

I need help with this. Thanks in advance

Kalsiner
05-17-2017, 09:50 AM
If your def pen is higher than your oppenent def, you will just negate his def, you won't do more damage.

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 10:09 AM
If your def pen is higher than your oppenent def, you will just negate his def, you won't do more damage.

If his defence is no longer reducing your damage done, then your damge done is greater, no?

If Defense Pen has a greater effect on how much damage is delivered vs a couple of % more in Attack, then that would be important to know. I guess it depends heavily on how much defense your opponent has in the first place.

Kalsiner
05-17-2017, 10:13 AM
If his defence is no longer reducing your damage done, then your damge done is greater, no?

If Defense Pen has a greater effect on how much damage is delivered vs a couple of % more in Attack, then that would be important.

I agree but that's not what he's asking.

He's saying that if you got like 16% def pen and the oppenent 10 %
He'll do his attack% + 6% (the difference def pen/def)

Devs already said that if the oppenent has < 0 def the def pen will no réduce more the def.

Plutonium Bug
05-17-2017, 10:23 AM
So this is a real important stat.
But what if you have negative def pen? do you do less damage or just as their def is?
So lets say I fight a char with 14% def and I have -16% def pen but 15% attack what happens then?
And what if I have +16% def pen and the rest the same?
I really want to know this.

Plutonium Bug
05-17-2017, 10:25 AM
If I read this I think this is the most important stat of them all.

I am still a bit confused

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 10:33 AM
If I read this I think this is the most important stat of them all.

I am still a bit confused

It all depends on the proportion of damge reduced by defense, how much more damage that means you do if they don't have any defense left because your penetration cancels it out, and whether or not that effect on your damage is greater than the effect of trying to deal damage against defense with a higher attack stat.

How do we know this?

Kalsiner
05-17-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm confused too. There is not enough data about the new gear stats, i don't know what happen with negative def pen.

Yarzahn
05-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Defense penetration depends on your enemy gear. If your enemy has zero defense, your penetration will not have any effect (every character starts with a little defense though, like 2%).
Of course there are the feats that add defense (for warlord, peacekeeper and shugoki, I think). Warlord and Peacekeeper get 20% defense as a rank 2 feat.

I do not know if negative penetration on your gear does anything. To be fair, it should not (since you also cannot inflict negative armor on the enemy wby having more penetration than them).