PDA

View Full Version : So after going 76 rounds with a level 3 centurion.....

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 06:54 AM
I found them to have an amazing mixup game and some real rough punishes. I feel They are definitely up there tier wise but until I play against a human I really won't know for sure. So I just want to clarify I know a level 3 isn't going to abuse a lot of the tactics players will, I only did this to get a feel against the hero and this is the most concentrated way I could do it. Also with the amount of times I hear people say "ai goes mlg pro," I figured this was a good way to test this out.

At first I got stomped pretty bad which is what I think is happening to most people. I went 11 losses in a row before getting my first win but then I went on to win 50-26. This I feel is a microcosm of the communities frustrations. Not enough time has passed to learn how to counter this guy but instead of people learning these counters they rush to the forums. If there are any confident cents on PSN please let me know because I would love to spar

I used my rep 1 warden, a class I don't have a ton of experience with but have been wanting to get a bit better with to also learn their weaknesses. What the centurion has going for him is pressure and tons of it, but he lacks range and the knee/punch is punishable at least for warden and gives a free SB. Keeping your distance against him is the best thing you can do since it limits his options to the kick or his lunge attacks, the latter being a pretty easy parry. His lights feel as fast as pks initial so I know this may be hell for some players.

Dashing really is going to be your friend against him since that short range will cause him to whiff often and open him up for a light/gb. It's really rough missing those charged heavie parries though. They lead into a guaranteed knockdown and then that pounce attack. I don't know the exact damage but I think the initial heavy is 25 and the pounce on knock down has got to be at least 30 since I died while having a bar plus a little more. His parry game can lead to some pretty rough mixups since it'll often lead to you being dazed.

My tier list In order preseason 2 was warlord, pk, warden, lb, orochi, valk and then who cares because the rest suck. If I was going to place him now it would be hard but it would definitely be higher than LB and I'd say somewhere between pk and warden. Again my opinion could very well change tomorrow but it's just what I gathered, nothing I want more right now than a cent to spar with.

TLDR: he's pretty damn good but not as good as warlord still.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 11:38 AM
the issue for me is the 120 dmg wall splat punish..

The unblockable CC spam in Dominion..

The guaranteed (or nearly) dmg from landing one attack..

Honestly If you cant see why and what UBI did here you must be slow...

Alustar.
05-17-2017, 12:00 PM
I don't have a roblem with those tings. But I stayed out of range till I could decipher a move set better. It's almost like I gauged each player as an individual

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 01:06 PM
the issue for me is the 120 dmg wall splat punish..

The unblockable CC spam in Dominion..

The guaranteed (or nearly) dmg from landing one attack..

Honestly If you cant see why and what UBI did here you must be slow...

Yeah.... infinite wall splat is crap. I hadn't known about this until afterwards. I haven't played dominion yet but I can see him dominating group fights.

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah.... infinite wall splat is crap. I hadn't known about this until afterwards. I haven't played dominion yet but I can see him dominating group fights.

The UB spams are quite a headache for classes with slow dodges as well.

It's relatively easy to counter with all those eaher Centnubs spamming it like crazy, if you have useful dodges. Like, even the Kensei is fun to use against Centnubs...

...but why, u guys really should try dodging UBs with a Shugoki! :D

IMO the UB spams aren't anything special, considering we've already seen a billion of those with other classes already -- but the stam useage is too lenient IMO.

Like, maybe a good opener once in a while... but pseudo-infini push against those who can't dodge out like Shugoki.... yeck.. ;)