PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Lawsuit

Ryacol
05-17-2017, 05:34 AM
I have reason to believe that Ubisoft purposely made these new characters extremely OP just so you would have to buy the season pass to play as them to keep up. I guarantee you that in 2 weeks the new characters will be nerfed the game.

Just remember these guys don't care about us they care about money and that making the new characters OP was a business plan to suck more money out of us.

All in favor of this symbolic class action lawsuit reply "I"

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 05:39 AM
Except that next week anyone can buy them for 15k steel each.

Also, they aren't overpowered.

P.S. Complaining about a company trying to make money is like complaining about a restaurant making food.

Alustar.exe
05-17-2017, 05:43 AM
I just did a match where I was the top performing player on my team against a team consisting of 2 Centaurians, a Shinobi and a Valkerie. I came out with 12 kills and 8 deaths during this skirmish match. We pushed it to the wire, both sides breaking. Yes we lost. And yes, I was getting CCed like its going out of style! HOWEVER, individually I outperformed my entire team, and I think the other team as well I'm not sure, the video cut off early. (Also they made sure to put me down first after breaking)

The difference is that I made sure to practice against bots before I just ran into matches not knowing what I was doing.

Also, good luck with this lawsuit? I guess you and Rhodri would have a lot in common. XD

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 05:43 AM
they will be nerfed at release with the excuse that the player base wanted the nerfs.
Blizzard did the exact same thing over and over in HoTS, that game is dead now, nobody likes p2w even if its only a week once in a while...

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 05:46 AM
:rolleyes: I have no words.

Truly, idiocy is like nuclear power. It can be a power for good, or for evil.

Alustar.exe
05-17-2017, 06:09 AM

It's threads like this that remind me just how close we are to a literal zombie apocalypse. Base hominid at it's finest.

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 06:15 AM
The sad part is, if people go into a class action lawsuit... it'd probably not be even admitted since...

"9. CHANGES TO THIS EULA OR TO THE PRODUCT.

UBISOFT reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise, update, change, modify, add to, supplement, or delete certain terms of this EULA for security, legal, best practice or regulatory reasons. Such changes will be effective with or, as applicable, without prior notice to You. You can review the most current version of this EULA by clicking on the “EULA” link located on the Product or on ubi.com. You are responsible for checking this EULA periodically for changes. If any future changes to this EULA are unacceptable to You or cause You to no longer be in agreement or compliance with this EULA, You may terminate this EULA in accordance with Section 8 and must immediately uninstall the Product and destroy all copies of the Product. Your continued use of the Product following any revision to this EULA constitutes Your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.

UBISOFT may modify the Product for any reason or without any specific reason, at any time and at its entire discretion, in particular for technical reasons such as updates, maintenance operations and/or resets to improve and/or optimize the Product. You agree that the Product may install or download the modifications automatically. You agree that UBISOFT may stop to support previous versions of the Product upon availability of an updated version. UBISOFT’s channel partners and associated service providers shall have no obligation to furnish any maintenance or customer support with respect to the Product. UBISOFT also reserves the right to amend the Rules of Conduct set out in Section 1 to place limits on the use of the Product."

..we all signed one of these when we bought the game. So Ubi's doesn't have any contractual obligations at all. :D

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 06:20 AM
fyi eulas mean **** in the EU
we kinda have consumer protection around these parts

Alustar.exe
05-17-2017, 06:21 AM
The sad part is, if people go into a class action lawsuit... it'd probably not be even admitted since...

"9. CHANGES TO THIS EULA OR TO THE PRODUCT.

UBISOFT reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise, update, change, modify, add to, supplement, or delete certain terms of this EULA for security, legal, best practice or regulatory reasons. Such changes will be effective with or, as applicable, without prior notice to You. You can review the most current version of this EULA by clicking on the “EULA” link located on the Product or on ubi.com. You are responsible for checking this EULA periodically for changes. If any future changes to this EULA are unacceptable to You or cause You to no longer be in agreement or compliance with this EULA, You may terminate this EULA in accordance with Section 8 and must immediately uninstall the Product and destroy all copies of the Product. Your continued use of the Product following any revision to this EULA constitutes Your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.

UBISOFT may modify the Product for any reason or without any specific reason, at any time and at its entire discretion, in particular for technical reasons such as updates, maintenance operations and/or resets to improve and/or optimize the Product. You agree that the Product may install or download the modifications automatically. You agree that UBISOFT may stop to support previous versions of the Product upon availability of an updated version. UBISOFT’s channel partners and associated service providers shall have no obligation to furnish any maintenance or customer support with respect to the Product. UBISOFT also reserves the right to amend the Rules of Conduct set out in Section 1 to place limits on the use of the Product."

..we all signed one of these when we bought the game. So Ubi's doesn't have any contractual obligations at all. :D

Holy ****, imagine that!? You mean to tell me the intellectual property of Ubisoft is subject to alteration based on Ubisoft's discretion?

But I bought this game! I have RIGHTS to it! And my rights trump Unisoft!
amidoinitrite?

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 06:26 AM
EULAs are hardly fair, and problem riddled in most cases. But unless the plaintiff is willing to prove the changes via updates of the game somehow correlates to any of the issues which might be granted penalties or damages, they can't win. Consumer protection isn't a do-all-be-all tool to argue arbitrary penalties and damages.. .so... :rolleyes:

dekot11
05-17-2017, 06:27 AM
I wonder if people who have problems with connectivity have a case. And how is idiocy ever a power for good?

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 06:34 AM
im not a lawer but if a big enough class act about the practices done by the corporation responsible by the game is filled then ubi will lose even if they win the case because consumer laws will be reviewed. and when it comes from this side of the fence it usual means better laws for the consumer....

Bjron_Ironside
05-17-2017, 06:46 AM
I see someone hasn't changed their diaper today...

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 06:56 AM
He is just venting.
Ofc he and those in his situation wont fill a class act against ubi.
hes a p2w player, they like things easy and a class act would be a hard journey

Bjron_Ironside
05-17-2017, 07:00 AM
He is just venting.
Ofc he and those in his situation wont fill a class act against ubi.
hes a p2w player, they like things easy and a class act would be a hard journey

Exactly. If he can't even take the time and energy to learn how to fight the new hero's, how the **** is he gonna take a "class action suit" any further? OP needs to put his big boy pants on and take off his bib.

LucasLoci
05-17-2017, 07:53 AM
They're not even op.. they've been out less than a day and they have really big weaknesses to contradict their kits, stop whining

IDubbaDownI
05-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Clicked on thread for a laugh. Was not disappointed. New characters are new. Crying OP is just...sad. Do better

Obdach01
05-17-2017, 08:38 AM

With the difference that stupidity is limitless ;)

XxHunterHxX
05-17-2017, 09:30 AM
fyi eulas mean **** in the EU
we kinda have consumer protection around these parts

This guy is right....

PDXGorechild
05-17-2017, 10:05 AM
In truth, companies probably do this. A new class is bound to be a bit overpowered so it's new and fun, and draws players to it. Coupled with the fact impatient players will complain before learning how the new class works means they seem crazily overpowered, at least initially.

If they're overpowered, people complain. If they're underpowered, people complain.

The reality is, that they just added two all new classes into a game that now has 14 classes. If you expect them to get it all nice and balanced with that many variables on the day of release, you're delusional.

Do you know how difficult it is to balance games like this? In my extensive experience any game with more than 3 or 4 different classes will have ongoing issues with balance. It's just the way it is.

Yarzahn
05-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Blizzard did the exact same thing over and over in HoTS, that game is dead now, nobody likes p2w even if its only a week once in a while...
Blizzard released as many UP that no one bought heroes as OP ones. Stop with the ******ed conspiracy theories. The reason HotS died was the less-interesting/ oversimplied mechanics (compared to LoL, DotA and Smite) and the lack of a sense of personal impact on the game outcome (since you can't carry games and overlevel by yourself if you do well, and depend heavily on team performance for all objectives).
The Butcher, Artanis, Cho + Gall, Lunara, Greymane, Chromie to namy a few from while I was playing it, all were UP on release and received significant buffs AFTER their price dropped. The opposite of the tinfoil hat theory you propose.
The only truly broken characters on release while I was playing were Kael'Thas, Leoric and Li-MIng. All others were mostly middle of the spectrum. That was 3 characters in 1 year worth of releases.

The_B0G_
05-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Shinobi isn't OP, but centurion vortex is a little much. His stab unblockable is a little late glowing gold too, it shows as an unblockable half way through the animation which is kind of cheap.

I had to stop using my main LB because of all the Centurions doing their vortex, dodging is the only way I know how to deal with it and LB is too slow. I switched to my kensei and did a lot better but if you're not the greatest at CGB he is a pain in the a**.

As far as a class action suit over it? Give me a break guys.

saddlebum
05-17-2017, 03:15 PM
kweassa,
excellent points on the class action suit. My concern would be false advertisement. They advertised a product based...yes loosely, on realistic combat. Remember they went to actual people who did this to get input. Show me a person that can magic that fast from one place to another such as the shinobi....not complaining just making a statement. There have been cases against the industry that have succeeded along these lines. Just asking as you seem well versed in this.

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 03:34 PM
kweassa,
excellent points on the class action suit. My concern would be false advertisement. They advertised a product based...yes loosely, on realistic combat. Remember they went to actual people who did this to get input. Show me a person that can magic that fast from one place to another such as the shinobi....not complaining just making a statement. There have been cases against the industry that have succeeded along these lines. Just asking as you seem well versed in this.

Please tell me you're not suggesting you can pursue a case against a games company for not having realistic combat in a G A M E? :rolleyes:

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Please tell me you're not suggesting you can pursue a case against a games company for not having realistic combat in a G A M E? :rolleyes:

He's gonna probably have to go through the process of establishing what constitutes as "realism" in the first place. Of course, being a game, the odds are any sane lawyer would argue the term "realism" in game naturally implies within limits and restrictions of the game environment, alongside innumerable amount of factors that would allow different definitions of "realism".

So, unless he can prove UBI promised a specific version of "realism" which can be clearly defined... lol

Let them try the lawsuit. LOL if they want to live the rest of their lives in mortgage, why not.

Udonitron
05-17-2017, 03:51 PM
http://rs949.pbsrc.com/albums/ad335/justpolitics/8531.jpg~c200

buhahh125
05-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Except that next week anyone can buy them for 15k steel each.

Also, they aren't overpowered.

P.S. Complaining about a company trying to make money is like complaining about a restaurant making food.

LoL! PREACH!

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 03:52 PM
That's because its only unblockable when fully charged. If you do not charge it fully, its just a heavy. It only turns orange late because of that.

Shinobi isn't OP, but centurion vortex is a little much. His stab unblockable is a little late glowing gold too, it shows as an unblockable half way through the animation which is kind of cheap.

I had to stop using my main LB because of all the Centurions doing their vortex, dodging is the only way I know how to deal with it and LB is too slow. I switched to my kensei and did a lot better but if you're not the greatest at CGB he is a pain in the a**.

As far as a class action suit over it? Give me a break guys.

Neversetdrums
05-17-2017, 03:58 PM
That's because its only unblockable when fully charged. If you do not charge it fully, its just a heavy. It only turns orange late because of that.

Yes, those heavy attacks go through 3 phases. Regular heavy, charged heavy, charged unblockable heavy. The wind up is VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY long. I'm honestly surprised people didn't dodge or parry me more often. I'm chalking it up to unfamiliarity of his moveset.

edit: it's only during the 1st phase that it can be feinted. If the sword flashes, it's going to let rip into a charged heavy.

Shadow.A07
05-17-2017, 04:12 PM
I have reason to believe that Ubisoft purposely made these new characters extremely OP just so you would have to buy the season pass to play as them to keep up. I guarantee you that in 2 weeks the new characters will be nerfed the game.

Just remember these guys don't care about us they care about money and that making the new characters OP was a business plan to suck more money out of us.

All in favor of this symbolic class action lawsuit reply "I"

Your logic is horrible its day 1 ofcourse the new characters are gonna be a challenge, I just stopped my 8 hour session and I have figured out how to punish the centurion and shinobi in fights.
I got recked by centurion at first and thought just like you, but ofcourse common sense kicked and I didn't come on here and myself look ******ed. I played it out and now centurion to me is easy to own and punish. Not quite there for shinobi but the same process will apply.

Pathetic.

Vordred
05-17-2017, 04:14 PM
well i don't like the new characters or the direction they are going with the game.

but GTFO of here with a lawsuit. how much of a self entitled tit do you have to be to want to do that, just because some new characters came out that you don't like, or you don't have access to for a week.

TheLastPandaa
05-17-2017, 04:14 PM
It has no sense to talk about nerfing this 2 new heroes after 24h of their release. Give you guys a few weeks to understan the new mechanics. I got the feeling that both are very easy to counter allready on 1vs1 but im not sure because i did not try them yet.

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Good luck with that. By the time you even get to court it will be years down the road and it would just cost you too much time and money and this game would have been on the f2p list or dead by then. So is it really worth it? Your better off just uninstalling the game and move on.

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 04:39 PM
It has no sense to talk about nerfing this 2 new heroes after 24h of their release. Give you guys a few weeks to understan the new mechanics. I got the feeling that both are very easy to counter allready on 1vs1 but im not sure because i did not try them yet.

Panda is actually doing the right thing here. Hes stepping back trying to pin point counters in the first 24hrs. Hes not going right into pvp getting owned and crying for nerfs after a few fights. Hes trying them to find weaknesses. Now hes not saying there should or shouldnt be nerfs. Hes researching them first before jumping to conclusions.

At first I thought that chain pull mechanic the shinobi has was going to be OP in this game. Tho after playing vs a lvl3 bot most of last night. My thoughts changed. Using her own chain to pull her down to the ground is awesome. Once I started punishing her on that move I went to punishing the next move and I starting winning more against her. I was a Conq so it was a pain in the a$$.

buhahh125
05-17-2017, 06:01 PM
http://rs949.pbsrc.com/albums/ad335/justpolitics/8531.jpg~c200

HAHA omg that is EXACTLY how I feel.

ufuoot
05-17-2017, 08:12 PM
"I"

I will fall in line for this class action lawsuit.

Number 1 I used to work as a cold sslesmen for A1A Solar my job was to close a sale in solar technology iade tuns of money more money then even the richest in thr world made in only a week.

My worst week was over 4 thousand dollars an that was sitting in my appartment on my *** calling leads an closing sales.... So simple i got so good that the company could afford to pay me so they moved me to a desk in the mall where eventually i started making even more money then before.

I am well informed... I know these marketing tactics very well an these are attempts to keep you content.

Do not be fooled spend your money wisely wait for all characters to be released, wait for all gears to hit its max. Then spend money.

If i am not refunded i will press charges... If not i will cause problems.

This is my last warning to ubisoft.

Thank you.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Companies dont exist to make make money they exist to provide a service and in turn they are compensated.
When money is put above the service, the exploiting and unethical providing of that service begins.

Vingrask
05-17-2017, 11:33 PM
Rate this thread: 1 star - Terrible.

Ubisoft did indeed something wrong: 4v4 game modes where the lack of skill reign. I bet this game being only Duels (and maybe Brawls), 90% of those cries would gone.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Companies dont exist to make make money they exist to provide a service and in turn they are compensated.
When money is put above the service, the exploiting and unethical providing of that service begins.

They exist to to make money by providing a service or good. The money has always came first in any for-profit organization. When unethical/illegal practices begin to appear, they should be called out. This is 100% neither unethical or illegal. Sure, the revamp of gear was, for a lack of a better term, "a D move," as the previously obtaindd gears stats had no correlation to what they were assigned under the new system, but thats hardly illegal.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Companies that put money making above the service cannot provide that service fairly since the most profitable way to provide any service is by doing it badly to save costs. (edit: competition is supposed to keep this in check, thats why cartels are forbidden but when there are only a few companies providing that, things get murky)
Ofc the latitude we should allow the companies to tend more to profiteering depends on the service itself.
Ubi is a digital entertaining company, obviously not essential. So yeah they can be all about profit and no one will care. but the correlation will still be there: more profit=worse service

Alustar.exe
05-17-2017, 11:55 PM
"I"

I will fall in line for this class action lawsuit.

Number 1 I used to work as a cold sslesmen for A1A Solar my job was to close a sale in solar technology iade tuns of money more money then even the richest in thr world made in only a week.

My worst week was over 4 thousand dollars an that was sitting in my appartment on my *** calling leads an closing sales.... So simple i got so good that the company could afford to pay me so they moved me to a desk in the mall where eventually i started making even more money then before.

I am well informed... I know these marketing tactics very well an these are attempts to keep you content.

Do not be fooled spend your money wisely wait for all characters to be released, wait for all gears to hit its max. Then spend money.

If i am not refunded i will press charges... If not i will cause problems.

This is my last warning to ubisoft.

Thank you.

Just took a look at A1A and I have to say, nothing in your statement holds water. From the supposed wages, down to the company itself. Can't imagine it was a great place to work.

All of that aside good luck with your suit. I hope for your sake that you kept most of that theoretical money, cause I bet Ubisoft has excellent lawyers on retainer.

The_B0G_
05-18-2017, 12:11 AM
Rate this thread: 1 star - Terrible.

Ubisoft did indeed something wrong: 4v4 game modes where the lack of skill reign. I bet this game being only Duels (and maybe Brawls), 90% of those cries would gone.

Unless you're fighting noobs, duels are a staring contest, they're awful. No one attacks because its too easy to get punished. Brawls aren't much better, you still get the same type of boring fights as duels but it's not as bad.

4v4 is the only reason I played this game more than a week. Duel and brawl modes have by far the smallest populations out of every mode, so your statement is completely false. Without 4v4 this game would be dead.

Rithuamh
05-18-2017, 12:20 AM
P.S. Complaining about a company trying to make money is like complaining about a restaurant making food. This arguement is synonymous with "This guy is always trying to **** my wife, but I can't complain because he has a sex drive and I expected that he would want to **** my wife"

Father_Giliam
05-18-2017, 01:08 AM
This arguement is synonymous with "This guy is always trying to **** my wife, but I can't complain because he has a sex drive and I expected that he would want to **** my wife"

No, its not. A company is meant to make money. A restaurant is meant to make food (and money by making said food). Complaining about them trying to make money is complaining about them doing what they are made to do. Now, you can complain about HOW they make money (or food), but, that doesn't mean your complaint is relevant. The OPs argument is most definitely not relevant.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:13 AM
> Class Action Lawsuit because the new heroes are cool and people haven't learned to fight them yet so they are calling them OP

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre_serious_futurama.gif

You people have officially lost your minds. Not only could you not do this, but you sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it for such a blatantly biased and uninformed reason.

Also trying to claim that them wanting to make money is wrong is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

"How dare this multi million dollar company try and make money off their own creations!!!"

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-18-2017, 01:22 AM
> Class Action Lawsuit because the new heroes are cool and people haven't learned to fight them yet so they are calling them OP

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre_serious_futurama.gif

You people have officially lost your minds. Not only could you not do this, but you sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it for such a blatantly biased and uninformed reason.

Also trying to claim that them wanting to make money is wrong is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I believe the op beef was with the loss of value of gear.

"Also trying to claim that them wanting to make money is wrong is the dumbest thing I have ever heard" i may be stereotyping but u sound american...

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:24 AM
I believe the op beef was with the loss of value of gear.

"Also trying to claim that them wanting to make money is wrong is the dumbest thing I have ever heard" i may be stereotyping but u sound american...

These days American is about the worst thing you can call anyone so that actually hurts lol

But the gear value needed to be adjusted anyway. Gear gave players WAY too much help. Gear is meant to HELP you win. Not hand it to you.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-18-2017, 01:30 AM
These days American is about the worst thing you can call anyone so that actually hurts lol

But the gear value needed to be adjusted anyway. Gear gave players WAY too much help. Gear is meant to HELP you win. Not hand it to you.

i agree,
and honestly i dont even understand the op, i mean he p2w and now after he stopped giving money(didn't bough more crates) is complaining about the new p2w...

Father_Giliam
05-18-2017, 01:41 AM
i agree,
and honestly i dont even understand the op, i mean he p2w and now after he stopped giving money(didn't bough more crates) is complaining about the new p2w...

I can understand where they're coming from. With the switching/removal of certain stats, alot of people were worried about how the stats would be redistributed after the patch. The devs said it was based on the person's choice for the stats that were on the armor at the time, and it would try to match. What actually happened seemed to be the complete opposite, and they compensated people with a measly 4 crates. For people with multiple characters with maxed gear, this was a slap in the face.

With all that being said, the OP was ridiculous, talking about legal action over it.

Vingrask
05-18-2017, 01:53 AM
Unless you're fighting noobs, duels are a staring contest, they're awful. No one attacks because its too easy to get punished. Brawls aren't much better, you still get the same type of boring fights as duels but it's not as bad.

4v4 is the only reason I played this game more than a week. Duel and brawl modes have by far the smallest populations out of every mode, so your statement is completely false. Without 4v4 this game would be dead.

Nah, the staring only happens when someone just block, and this kind of player didn't appear so much. It is possible to deal with an enemy who can parry even lights (well, I deflect lights, so...) with a good feinting game (when the mindgames really starts). Defense need a patch, but the scenario isn't that bad as you say.

Now the 4v4 modes are indeed boring. Run to here and there, kill ppl who don't know nothing about duel, die helpless against 3+ enemies spamming attacks without the need for coordination. I played some Dominions today and logout almost with a headache.

About Duel population, I didn't wait in queue more than 2 minutes (this week, 30s).

Without 4v4 the game would have a different public and the reviews which push ppl away would be much better. The majority of 4v4 players know nothing about fight, and you can see the complains over the foruns about OP/Nerf/Honor, bla bla bla, are made by those players. Duelists tend to complain about gameplay.

The new heroes are awesome and I'm sure any good player facing them can agree with me (I do not have season pass). This topic (and the General Discussion front page) just prove how bad 4v4 players are.

The_B0G_
05-18-2017, 08:16 PM
Nah, the staring only happens when someone just block, and this kind of player didn't appear so much. It is possible to deal with an enemy who can parry even lights (well, I deflect lights, so...) with a good feinting game (when the mindgames really starts). Defense need a patch, but the scenario isn't that bad as you say.

Now the 4v4 modes are indeed boring. Run to here and there, kill ppl who don't know nothing about duel, die helpless against 3+ enemies spamming attacks without the need for coordination. I played some Dominions today and logout almost with a headache.

About Duel population, I didn't wait in queue more than 2 minutes (this week, 30s).

Without 4v4 the game would have a different public and the reviews which push ppl away would be much better. The majority of 4v4 players know nothing about fight, and you can see the complains over the foruns about OP/Nerf/Honor, bla bla bla, are made by those players. Duelists tend to complain about gameplay.

The new heroes are awesome and I'm sure any good player facing them can agree with me (I do not have season pass). This topic (and the General Discussion front page) just prove how bad 4v4 players are.

I only play brawls for contracts but I come across guys who only block all the time, wardens usually. 4v4 is chaos, that's why it's fun for me. Fighting 3v1 and winning is the most fun you can have in this game in my opinion, for me any other modes are just boring; I never was a big fan of 1v1 fighting games like mortal kombat though.

We just enjoy the game differently, neither of us are wrong, just different tastes. The same goes with the rest of the community.