PDA

View Full Version : Singleplayer/Multiplayer Discussion Thread

AlterBro.Doge
05-17-2017, 05:24 AM
A few questions from my side are:

Will it have multiplayer?

Will it have a Map Editor?(It's an important addition because it's really fun with friends IRL)

Will it be another tower unlock fest?

Have we really ever left the Island?

Will it have regional pricing and not a STEEP(pun here) price in regions like India?(It's a make or break the bank situation for me)

AlterBro.Doge
05-17-2017, 05:25 AM
If possible, please correct the numbering, mods.

HorTyS
05-17-2017, 08:24 AM
A few questions from my side are:

Will it have multiplayer?

Will it have a Map Editor?(It's an important addition because it's really fun with friends IRL)

Will it be another tower unlock fest?

Have we really ever left the Island?

Will it have regional pricing and not a STEEP(pun here) price in regions like India?(It's a make or break the bank situation for me)

1) Hopefully. I never really got into the MP of the previous games, to me it was never very good MP, but I know there is a significant part of the community that would like it. I'd give it a try, I always do, if it's good, great, if not, well, it'll basically be like the last few tries..

2) Again, I hope so, if only to keep the vocal minority who use it sated. I always give it a try, but end up not using it much because I don't know alot of people to get together and play on a creation of mine, and the MP as stated above is usually pretty sub-par, so...

3) Probably. Personally I don't have huge issues with the tower mechanic, but it is a bit tired at this point. They could do something else as a way to open the map up, or at least make the thing you do to do it more varied....

4) Seeing as how all the most recent rumors & leaks seem to imply the Montana & Northwest regions as the setting, it seems like, yes, we have...

5) Impossible to know at this point, but i doubt theres reason to think the pricing structure would change. Also, Ubi isn't really in control of how much stores in your area charge, your store buys it from Ubi, and marks it up according to how they want...

If possible, please correct the numbering, mods.
There should be an edit button in the lower right of all your posts, you can fix the numbers (and avoid double posts) all on your ownsome.

Ubi-KitKoumal
05-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Hello AnkanDas22,

I would advice for you to keep an eye out on our official pages so you won't miss any announcement when they will be made. Concerning your observation on the price, I am afraid that HorTyS is indeed right. Have you considered maybe getting the games from our online store to avoid any issue maybe?

Thanks for joining the hype anyway!

KitKoumal

Farcryisdead
05-18-2017, 02:03 PM
What are your hopes for multiplayer if it's included in far cry 5 ?

My hopes are for just the basic tdm,dm,dom style modes and none of that far cry 4 stuff.

JakeyChappers
05-18-2017, 02:17 PM
It needs original modes, something different than other FPS shooters otherwise it will just be compared to those and get boring quickly.

Maybe some sort of mode where one team sets up defenses at a base, the other then attacks and then vice versa.
Your Day-Z idea could be done, huge map with lots of obstacles and foliage, free-for-all last man standing (1 death then you're out of that round)

If it just has team deathmatch and all the other bog standard FPS modes it wont be too exciting

Fallen-Champ
05-18-2017, 02:21 PM
If it's the same crap that was Far Cry 3 or 4's multiplayer I won't be playing it, that is if there even is a multiplayer.

My own personal favourite modes are in this order.
Solo DM
CTF
Last Man Standing Solo or Team
Seek & Secure from Instincts Predator or a Domination mode if done properly.

Least favourite for me is Team Death Match which is the most popular mode in Far Cry.

JakeyChappers
05-18-2017, 02:28 PM
To be honest i'm really not that bothered if there is no multiplayer. I'd like MapEditor and the ability to play multiplayer/co-op on those maps. Other than that though I feel as if Far Crys multiplayer is irrelevant, Single Player is the biggest focus and there's plenty of FPS multiplayer shooters out there already

Fallen-Champ
05-18-2017, 03:05 PM
What are your hopes for multiplayer if it's included in far cry 5 ?

What are your hopes?

Lillestoel
05-18-2017, 03:53 PM
It needs original modes, something different than other FPS shooters otherwise it will just be compared to those and get boring quickly.

I agree 2000%.

Back when Far Cry 2 was new, I loved playing on huge custom maps with only a few people in the lobby, running around with sniper rifles trying to pick each other off. It was fun, but the game wasn't really designed for that, so a "sruvival" or "last man standing" mode would be perfect for this. If you look at some of the big games these days, you'll notice that all of them become popular by creating fun and original gameplay. Battlegrounds for an example is blowing up on Steam right now, and what they did was essentially just steal the potential of Far Cry 2's non-existing survival mode. If Ubisoft would take some creative risks by developing these fun modes, they would benefit sooooo much, and the multiplayer modes popularity would explode exponentially.

Also, when Far Cry 3 was new, the modes we got were really bad and not creative, original, inventive or fun at all. TDM, DOM and DM were just a part of their trying to copy the Call of Duty recipe, and the game would be so much more fun if they had good modes. Sure, TDM worked in COD, but those games are all about fast paced, constant action with fluid movement and responsive gameplay. Far Cry doesn't have that, and even if it did (which it should, I might add...) that's not the kind of modes that should define Far Cry gameplay, and it's not what the game is about. Far Cry is better than that....

I remember I even tried to create a list of my own suggestion for new and better modes when Far Cry 3 came out. I wish I still had the list, but what I can remember from it was as follows;

Last Man Standing
A mode where all players get one life, and when they die, they will get to spectate other players or the map through cameras that are placed by the map creator (like those blue cameras that FC2 had for overviews while spectating in the pre-match loading phase). You then spectate until only one player is left alive. You are then given points based on your performance, and begin a new round. Each match would consist of X amounts of rounds, and whoever has the most points at the end, win.

You also get a stamina bar in this mode, that slowly runs out, and can be replenished by eating, drinking or using syringes. The creator of the map can also add multiple playable zones, so that the map gets smaller over time, to prevent camping and too long matches.

Gold Rush
In this mode, the creator of the map places gold all over the map. He can place between 50 and 500 kilos of gold, by placing individual piles of either 2, 5, 10 or 20 kilos all over the map. Gold can be picked up by players, which will occupy their equippables, so they can't shoot or throw grenades while carrying gold. The heavier the gold, the slower you move. You can also place your gold in a vehicle and drive it. Bigger piles of gold may require bigger vehicles, such as trucks, to be carried faster. Both teams gets a base in this mode where they have to place their captured gold. When the time runs out, the team with the most amount of gold captured, wins.

Siege
This mode is heavily inspired by Ubisofts game "Rainbow Six" and it would allow for some super fun gameplay, and completely new types of maps. The mode is assymetrical, in the sense that one team is a defending team, and the other team is on the offense. The defending team spawns in a base they have to defend, by ensuring the enemies don't destroy their objective. They can defend by placing C4's, using mounted guns or by waiting with powerful guns aimed down entrances and hallways. Bases would also benefit from a scouting tower where one or multiple players can use sniper rifles to look at the surrounding horizon, to see where players are coming from, how many they are, what weapons they hold. This sniper position would be strengthened by NOT giving the enemies sniper rifles, although, they would have assault rifles that are good at medium to long range combat. The creator of the map would of course determine what strategies are possible to use, and how many ways of playing there will be. It would also be cool if they could let us rebuild/respawn destructible items such as windows through an animation.

Attackers, would get three rounds to attempt destroying the enemy objective, and they spawn farther away, and with different weaponry. Whether or not the mode allows players to respawn and use a timer to end each round, or each round ends when one entire team is wiped out, would be all the same to me, or preferably optional.

What I really like here is the idea of giving the team that is defending their base, sniper rifles (for long range) and SMG's (for short range). This would make the defending team strong at defending withing their base in close quarters combat, and strong at sniping enemies as they approach from afar. They get that, while the enemy gets assault rifles that are very versatile, powerful and good for medium range and can be adapted to most scenarios, which allows them to be elaborate and creative in their choice of tactics.

Snitch
This mode is inspired by a desire for something intense and slow paced where players have to think. It may already exist in other games, because I've seen somebody do this in a custom-game-mode in Black Ops 2 a few years back.

The game mode would put all players on the one and same team, with friendly fire. And one player, is the snitch. Only the snitch himself knows that he is the snitch, and it is everyone elses job to identify and kill the snitch. However, if you think you know who the snitch is, and you kill him, but then turn out to be wrong, you yourself die, and the snitch will still be out there... Erroring and killing innocents will also deduct 100 XP from your score.

During the match, players must complete objectives, such as transporting goods to allied NPC camps, which rewards you with XP and standing with your NPC allies. While players are doing this, the snitch is passing information on to hostile NPC's (such as pirates in FC3). The information that is passed onto the enemy NPC's, directly result in them performing certain actions, such as attacking the friendly NPC bases, resource location, or attacking other players.

The snitch can however only pass this information along by using his radio, which activates an animation and sound. Players will then have to identify the snitch by catching him in passing on information.

When the snitch is dead, a new round begins, where all players keep their standing with the allied. Each match consists of 3 to 6 of these rounds. The amount of rounds could be determined by the creator of the map.

Fallen-Champ
05-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Also, when Far Cry 3 was new, the modes we got were really bad and not creative, original, inventive or fun at all. TDM, DOM and DM were just a part of their trying to copy the Call of Duty recipe, and the game would be so much more fun if they had good modes..

Far Cry 3 didn't have DM mode unfortunately, it forced shared spawns after the initial team spawn - those shared spawns would have been perfect for DM mode and I might have enjoyed the game had it done that.

It had TDM - no explanation needed.
Domination - should have allowed the game to finish a lot quicker - the matches just went on and on and it was misery for a losing unorganised team.

FireStorm which was a con, sounded good on paper but was a massive lie, only the Ubisoft maps could use fire to block off areas and then we didn't really see it in action as the spawns forced the player past the fire so it wasn't that often thay you had your path blocked forcing you down a different route - could have been a cool mode but failed because the green spawns gave the losing players hope by spawning very close to the final objective - most games were either draws or one team won as the other didn't have a clue what was going on.

Transmission could have been great but again the matches played until the time ended.
So with this an objective marker pops up and everyone rushes to it so one team can capture it - at first only one at a time, later on it throws up 2 then one again - If it wasn't for the timer if a team dominating could capture say 3 or 5 times to win I would have enjoyed it.

Then there was this massive fail called OVERRUN which could have been a good laugh but it was DLC at a cost and is almost impossible to get a game on this mode.
I played it and the capturing area is huge, was very disappointed and didn't want to play it again.
Far Cry has amazing vehicles and should have a mode where vehicles are used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=70&v=a8v2ngl_a3c

Gold Rush seems interesting.

Lillestoel
05-18-2017, 04:18 PM
Far Cry 3 didn't have DM mode unfortunately.

The fact that I can't even recall the modes just shows how memorable they are, haha :P

Gold Rush seems interesting.

Thanks. What do you think of "Snitch"? It may be hard to implement due to NPC involvement, and would also be demanding for map creators, but I think it's got to be the most inventive one on the list, and possibly the most fun.

Fallen-Champ
05-18-2017, 05:16 PM
The fact that I can't even recall the modes just shows how memorable they are, haha :P

Thanks. What do you think of "Snitch"? It may be hard to implement due to NPC involvement, and would also be demanding for map creators, but I think it's got to be the most inventive one on the list, and possibly the most fun.

;)To be honest I played quite a lot of Far Cry 3's multiplayer only on the maps that came with the game, I looked at lots of other peoples maps in the editor but playing them was such a pain that I gave up.
Snitch is interesting but I think it would end up like the end of The Hunger Games where everyone just kills each other quickly and the last 2 one would be the snitch and the other would then duel it out - Think it would be too confusing to understand for a lot of people or they might not have the patience, It seems a little like a cross between FPS / RTS if that makes any sense, not for me but would be interested to see what others think.

Lillestoel
05-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Snitch is interesting but I think it would end up like the end of The Hunger Games where everyone just kills each other quickly.

Friendly fire is always a bit controversial and scary considering that one person gets the ability to ruin someone elses fun. But most games manages to make it work. Rainbow 6 has friendly fire in every single game mode, and it actually works. Which probably is because if you kill friendlies enough, you get banned for a certain amount of time. A system like this could also be used in Far Cry, or potentially even putting team killers together in matchmaking, and not put them in teams with those who play like they should. Also, considering that you die yourself when killing innocents, means people will not wish to attack anyone until they are certain.

I do agree however that it may seem complicated at first glance, but hopefully a pre-game lobby interface would do a better job at describing the mode briefly and accurately. And after a couple of matches, people will get the hang of it I'm sure :) There's a lot of games that seem complicated at first, a lot more than this, but if it's fun, then people will learn it :D

Fallen-Champ
05-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Isn't Rainbow Six more simulation in it's style - Far Cry was always fun in multiplayer when it first started, unsure if they push it more tactical if that would force a lot of those who loved the game away and bring in new flesh but then it wouldn't be the same game.

They pushed a lot out with FC2 when it switched to weapon classes and dropped weapon placement but most games had gone that way, I hear Overwatch is very popular I think serious play is not really a trait of Far Cry, people do play in a competitive way but the overall mood is crazy fun from what I have witnessed.

Steve64b
05-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Although I think the editor should be kept as simple as possible, I have always felt that the "Object Properties" window is a bit underused. It should be relatively easy to add more properties to it.

For a fact, the engine can already overrule Materials (textures), sounds and colors for objects, it just isn't in the editor. But aside from this, imagine having somewhat more "interactive" objects that allow for some basic scripting logic. If done right, it would allow for all sorts of interesting options, including custom game-modes, only limited to a map maker's imagination.

For instance, imagine having these 3 Object Properties, optional on all objects:

Trigger: when one or more event/conditions are satisfied with the object... (like player pressing/holding 'use', comes close to it, object is hit by bullet/explosion/light, proximity, hasininventory, team A/B/C/D is the initiator, etc.)...
Action: ...perform 1 or more actions... (spawn, despawn, explode, rotate/move, scale, colorize, opendoor, closedoor, endmap, etc.)...
Target: ...on 1 or more target objects (another 'Interactive' object, or door, rock, npc, vehicle, tree, branch, health, etc).

With this, you can make your own scripted events, quests and even gametypes, like:

Racing: Place a "proximity" object with a large radius, that despawnsitself&spawns another proximity object when player comes close to it: this can be chained and used for 'racing' style maps with checkpoints following each other up.
Capture the Flag/Diamond/whatever: Place a "proximity" object with low radius to simulate player 'picking up' the object, and have another object be the "dropoff" sector that checks for Proximity and hasinventory, allowing the object to be 'dropped' to score a point
'Secure' doors: have a "player use" object, that target a door object, to open it remotely.
'Destructible' doors: have a "hit explosion" object, that despawns when it's hit, to make an item destructible.
Ambushes: have a "proximity object" that triggers an enemy AI spawn around the corner when you approach it.
Objective-based (UnrealTournament-Assault-type) map: have team Red 'guard the base', and team Blue attack. If object 'Door Lock' is destroyed by Blue team, open door. Then Blue Team can get through the door & target the 'Red Base' object; when destroyed, Game Over.

If we had this sort of power in the map editor, game modes would transcend the game, and enter the domain of mappers.

HorTyS
05-18-2017, 08:00 PM
The problem is people all want the editor & then they also want these complex, convoluted modes to go with it. Just keep the modes simple and let the map editor be the draw. IMO all they need to do is put in like 4-5 simple, standard FPS MP modes, DM, TDM, CTF, Domination/ King of the hill types, and then let the map makers create a never ending pool of maps to play those modes that no one really needs to learn the rules of because every one knows what to do...

WID992007
05-18-2017, 11:11 PM
i wanna see it have DM or as it was in FC1 called free for all mode
it would be nice to be able to host our own servers again too so we can KICK and ban cheating at the server level

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 12:56 AM
The thing they need to really nail is just performance. FC3 & 4's MP modes were janky AF. They need to have a solid consistent foundation. I still think they should just go bare bones on the modes and keep it simple, not only will that streamline development, but it would help put the editor front and center and make that the defacto reason to play the MP in the first place.... not some gimmicky mode thats supposed to be great.....

Farcryisdead
05-19-2017, 09:14 AM
All it really needs is tdm,dm,dom. it also needs tight and responsive controls. a game can have novelty mode thrown in for good measure, but that mode should never be the centre piece of the multiplayer.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
05-19-2017, 01:45 PM
That's the one problem I had with FC2. It's response time is slow in multiplayer. Also the vehicles could hardly take any damage.They would start smoking after you hit a bumper or tapped a tree.

Far Cry instincts predator has a quicker response time. The vehicles were able to absorb more damage and controls were more responsive.

I would be happy if Far Cry 5 has an editor with Multiplayer in it.. hopefully with better response time and sturdier vehicles.

On the lines of FC3 with vehicles and with a list of custom maps you can host with.

Fallen-Champ
05-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Far Cry 2 had only 6 vehicles, Predator had 12 there was a massive difference with that and a lot more fun.
Been playing some Far Cry 3 MP lately on PC it looks quite nice compared to how it was on PS3 / XB360
Some of the maps on that game look really sweet like SubPen, I also liked MudSlide, The one with wrecked ships on it and the Ruins one - shame it was full of bugs and tried to be COD because it could have been excellent.

NickMuffin1234
05-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Everyone bashed FC3 multiplayer yet to this day that was one of the most fun Fps I have ever played. Not to mention, had some of the best maps ever created for a FPS. However, Ubi changed it for FC4 and it ended up be horrible. They really need to get back to the standard format for FPS, and then add their own twist as usual. Map editor was awesome but really stripped the player base. More people spent time creating them than playing in a server and it slowly killed the multiplayer for FC3. Maybe if it was executed differently it could be a positive. Far Cry is my favorite franchise out there! I would love them to just come up with a good/ stable multiplayer. I'll settle for a Remastered FC3 for ps4 though.

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 07:09 PM
All it really needs is tdm,dm,dom. it also needs tight and responsive controls. a game can have novelty mode thrown in for good measure, but that mode should never be the centre piece of the multiplayer.

Agreed, though I'd also throw in some sort of CTF like mode, always like those types. I think MP with just some simple core modes that is stable, consistent & responsive is all they need to do and just let the ME and all the map maker's work be the selling point of MP. No need to get to crazy with elaborate modes no one plays or skill trees. Just have a simple progression system that unlocks new items for custom loadouts and such...

I'll also say boo to the continued talk of remastering/ remaking past games, piss on that, those games still exist, no sense wasting dev's time & energy on making something thats come & gone and won't sell half as well as it did the first time...

Bessas.
05-22-2017, 07:49 PM
If no multiplayer in this game I will pass it...Like the new AC game, who cares about a single player game in 2017 where you cant play with friends or against real players in multi.
Same for FarCry Primal no multi not buying it....Good luck Ubi!

HorTyS
05-22-2017, 08:24 PM
No MP makes more sense in AC, but a lack of MP in FC would be a bummer for alot of people. I'm not necessarily one of them, the MP has always, always been sub-par and not very good in FC so not having it isn't a huge deal to me... Would check it out if it's there but not a deal breaker for me either...

WID992007
05-22-2017, 09:44 PM
looks like no MP :nonchalance:

see the vid here it says at the end of the vid 15 insane Single player games coming in 2017 - 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ezsRN8Mnw

SlabofRage
05-23-2017, 12:20 AM
I ended up playing the multiplayer of FC3 more than the actual campaign. I really enjoyed it. I even got a run through from start to finish with the same two players one night. Unfortunately my PS3 finally crapped out, so I agree with the person up there who said a remastered version for the PS4 would be great.

Seeing as how Ubi like to stick with the same old things, I think it will end up being like the Showdown mode in Watch Dogs 2

WID992007
05-23-2017, 12:35 AM
and you better bet i am gonna ask why i am at E 3 //so far we know nothing i will get to ask the dev team ..and yes i will press for MP to be added but for that ..it may end up a blocked road ..as that would take alot of Dev time + costs

as well as a decent solution for anti cheat , that they may not wish to pay for or be able to support since the game came out so quick

again..... my guess it'll be SP only ..no co op same as FC primal was . since it has been such a short DEV time line .... of only a yr yep .. it will use Dunia 2 engine again

but possibly a new modified version to make use of DX 11.2 and possibly DX 12 .0 but only on newer graphics cards and the PS 4 Pro to make it look pretty ..then a visual downgrade... post E 3 to make it run on low end systems that at least have a quad core... Minimum CPU and decent DX 11 vid card

x_maxpower204
05-23-2017, 02:49 AM
As long as its traditional MP modes and we have a public lobby again for hosting maps, count me in.

HorTyS
05-23-2017, 03:01 AM
looks like no MP :nonchalance:

see the vid here it says at the end of the vid 15 insane Single player games coming in 2017 - 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ezsRN8Mnw

That is just a link to related videos by the uploader, and even if FC5 is in the list it doesn't necessarily mean that the game has no MP element. Not only that but that channel that uploaded the 2 videos in question would have no way of knowing if FC5 has MP any more than we do...

D.DVD
05-23-2017, 08:23 AM
If no multiplayer in this game I will pass it...Like the new AC game, who cares about a single player game in 2017 where you cant play with friends or against real players in multi.
Same for FarCry Primal no multi not buying it....Good luck Ubi!

Me too.

D.DVD
05-23-2017, 09:15 AM
Won't buy it without a multiplayer

angstik
05-23-2017, 12:33 PM
Who cares about singleplayer games in 2017? Well... People who like to enjoy storylines, sense of dread (horror games for example), who enjoy challenge or simply don't like multiplayers aspects of games. Some of the biggest games of those last years were only SP, or had a major focus on (and were bought because of) SP. Games old and new like Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero dawn, Resident evil 7, Prey, Final Fantasy XV, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex Human revolution, Watch Dogs 2, Dead rising 4 or upcoming games like Days Gone, God of War 4 etc. So there is still some audience for SP games. I can understand why a SP only game can be frustrating, but a MP only game is even worse.

FC4 had an original and refreshing multiplayer, yet everyone (almost everyone) bashed it. I know the map editor was a thing back then but honestly, it wasn't that bad.

I think the game will get multiplayer and coop but sadly, multiplayer will surely be "classic". FC3 had good ideas (match endings, friendly fire drug, battle cries...) while FC4 had asymetrical fights including wildlife... I just hope FC5 MP will not just be "cops vs cultists" free for all.

Robert223333
05-24-2017, 02:26 AM
My main issue with the Coop in Far Cry 4 was that it got boring after a while. You do the same **** over and over without progressing in the main story, but I really like playing together with a friend it's a lot more fun than doing it alone.

I really hope that Ubisoft changes the Coop in Far Cry 5 to include main story missions in the Coop.

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 02:41 AM
My main issue with the Coop in Far Cry 4 was that it got boring after a while. You do the same **** over and over without progressing in the main story, but I really like playing together with a friend it's a lot more fun than doing it alone.

I really hope that Ubisoft changes the Coop in Far Cry 5 to include main story missions in the Coop.

I disagree that the coop got boring, while you cannot progress in the campaign, the majority of most time spent in the game is not on the campaign, at least for anyone who actually enjoys the open world nature of the game. Having just specifically the campaign disabled allowed them to make the campaign and still allow for the coop, if they had to design it with coop in mind in the missions that'd double the work load on all the cutscenes and require characters addressing the coop player... it's alot more work to fit in. T'would be nice to have it but if the campaign missions have to be sacrificed i'd rather that than have the crappy separate coop from FC3 or no coop at all....

Robert223333
05-24-2017, 03:28 AM
I believe that they should design the whole game around Coop with singleplayer being their 2nd priority...

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 08:22 AM
I believe that they should design the whole game around Coop with singleplayer being their 2nd priority...

well you're free to believe that but I can say with confidence that that will never happen. I would love for the coop to be a primary feature and something that can be done through the entirety of the game, but when it's not something that every player will even utilize it's understandable that it's not going to be the main focus of the developer. Assuming the game has coop (a big assumption in it's own right) if it is set up just like FC4, thats awesome, thats great! I would love that. If it's everything the coop in FC4 was and we can also play the campaign missions with a friend, even better, a bit of an upgrade on 4's coop, but to expect it and even more to think that that sort of structure should be prioritized is, I think, asking a bit much.... We'd be lucky to get coop on par with FC4's, but there is no indication we'll even get that...

Robert223333
05-24-2017, 03:17 PM
If it's like FC4 with the addition of including campaign missions I'm happy. :)

angstik
05-24-2017, 04:07 PM
I guess you can't just think about the fact that the campaign would be in coop.

No way fights like the ones against Vaas/Hoyt/Yuma could be rendered by player 2 different characters (who gets the kill? The other stands and watches?). Same for simple things like chatting with the villains or the characters. In previous games, we've been the "saviour" and when coop was around, Hurk was just the deranged dude helping you. In terms of scenario, it's extremely hard to imagine sequences where 2 players could be in. Like when we're stunned from behind (so do it for both players?), receiving a bullet stopped by a lighter (oooh! lucky are we!) or other big blocbkuster moments. It would need a bunch of dedicated cinematics, fights and all for that, while only a part of the gamers would do the campaign in coop.

mistados
05-24-2017, 08:11 PM
There's no point even bothering with multiplayer with the likes of COD and Battlefield around.

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 08:24 PM
I guess you can't just think about the fact that the campaign would be in coop.

No way fights like the ones against Vaas/Hoyt/Yuma could be rendered by player 2 different characters (who gets the kill? The other stands and watches?). Same for simple things like chatting with the villains or the characters. In previous games, we've been the "saviour" and when coop was around, Hurk was just the deranged dude helping you. In terms of scenario, it's extremely hard to imagine sequences where 2 players could be in. Like when we're stunned from behind (so do it for both players?), receiving a bullet stopped by a lighter (oooh! lucky are we!) or other big blocbkuster moments. It would need a bunch of dedicated cinematics, fights and all for that, while only a part of the gamers would do the campaign in coop.

Yes, this is what I was getting at being the challenges of campaign coop but never felt the motivation to actually type out. well put angstik

There's no point even bothering with multiplayer with the likes of COD and Battlefield around.

Well FC has something those games don't, the map editor. So putting that front & center, while it wouldn't over take those games by any stretch of the imagination, could carve out a niche for a specific crowd whose desire for such features are not met by any other game...

The4orTy67
05-24-2017, 08:35 PM
10 bucks say there will be no multiplayer, only coop, and map editor will be non-existent. Just my gut feeling.

mistados
05-24-2017, 08:50 PM
The map editor in FC2 was pretty solid, but I barely touched it in FC3

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 12:02 AM
10 bucks say there will be no multiplayer, only coop, and map editor will be non-existent. Just my gut feeling.

Primal didn't even have coop, to get even that would be a blessing.....