PDA

View Full Version : I hope we never really left the island

AlterBro
05-17-2017, 05:13 AM
You know what I mean? :cool:

HorTyS
05-17-2017, 06:45 AM
You know what I mean? :cool:

Assume you mean you hope 5 is a prequel or sequel to 3 and set on Rook Islands again? Wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen, but a new location could potentially be more interesting imo...

eccool24
05-17-2017, 05:21 PM
I would love a FC3 remaster myself, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

akilyoung
05-17-2017, 05:53 PM
I could do withut a FC3 remake, the story was WAY too cheezy.

I would MUCH prefer a FC2 remake, with much improved next gen graphics!

HorTyS
05-17-2017, 08:33 PM
I am so over remasters/ remakes I don't want any of it. I'd rather they just make NEW games. I've played the hell out of FC2/3/4, I don't want to re-play them with purdy graphics, I'd rather get a new FC game set in those locations than a remake of one I've played to death. FC going back to Africa is what I think would be one of the best directions they could go... but I don't want to just play FC2 again with better graphics... I want a new game... This generation has seen far to many remasters already, thats the last thing we need more of...

EdEddnED-E
05-19-2017, 02:23 AM
I could do withut a FC3 remake, the story was WAY too cheezy.

I would MUCH prefer a FC2 remake, with much improved next gen graphics!

I agree with this but not a remake, just set in the same place, and I just remembered how much I liked being able to choose from several characters and having the ones I didn't choose to appear as buddies! And if the protagonist would please check tripadvisor or read a brochure or something so he/she rememebers to take a malaria vaccine before entering the country... that would be great...

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 08:02 AM
I agree with this but not a remake, just set in the same place, and I just remembered how much I liked being able to choose from several characters and having the ones I didn't choose to appear as buddies! And if the protagonist would please check tripadvisor or read a brochure or something so he/she rememebers to take a malaria vaccine before entering the country... that would be great...

QFT, NO REMAKES, FC2 & 3 still exist, we don't need developers wasting time & resources making the same thing again. My dream FC game now is a return to Africa but with the gameplay style (though improved & iterated on obviously) of the last few games FC3 & 4. I'd love to see the return of weapon jamming, rebalanced & made with more counters & alternatives for fixing it. Bringing back a new & improved buddy system could be awesome.... I think a return to africa offers the most potential for FC in my mind, but I guess we'll just have to see what Ubi do..

. Its so strange, I remember Clint Hocking, CD (creative director) of FC2 saying that Far Cry means you're in an exotic location, somewhere you'd never actually go, and now the rumor is the next iteration takes place in the very state in which i reside....Not a complaint by any means, in fact i think it's awesome that one of my fav. franchises might be set in my own back yard, but it's a "far cry" from the way Hocking described the series.....