PDA

View Full Version : VSing Shinobi is UNFUN

Mia.Nora
05-17-2017, 03:38 AM
I am not complaining about whether new characters are overpowered or not. Because power can be tweaked through stats/recoveries.
I am not even complaining how their high fantasy kit does not fit the game either, I am fine with ubi making a few bucks over naruto fans.

What I am complaining is that Shinobi simply take out what whis game had: Melee combat based on Art of Battle thingie as devs call it.

Nobushi was supposed to be the long range character in this game, and she fits perfectly. She is one dash away from other champions while attacking, and without great moblity. So she has to be calculated in the way she fights.

And here we have Shinobi. More than 2 dashes away when he can engage. If you attempt to close the gap he double dash and there is simply no way of reaching that as long as he decides to stay out of range. I had a game where it can be summarized as below;

1. I sprint, lock, he double dashes away. I sprint lock, he double dashes away.

2. Rinse and repeat #1 for 40 seconds before I say screw this and leave him be, but then he tries to catch me from back no way to outrun him.

3, I say ok lets fight, and we are back to #1

Whoever thought putting a high mobility ranged character in a melee only game is a ******.

Going back to Injustice 2, at least it is fun to play and even better it actually works without errors.

Egotistic_Ez
05-17-2017, 03:44 AM
Can't disagree. Which is unfortunate since I liked the dash in then out concept. Just shouldn't let him attack from range.

xLeapingLizardx
05-17-2017, 04:04 AM
I understand what you are saying but if you parry the ranged attack or counter gb the ranged gb they fall and come directly to your feet for a free heavy..
A Shinobi only playing far ranged is taking a big risk.

Mia.Nora
05-17-2017, 06:08 AM
I understand what you are saying but if you parry the ranged attack or counter gb the ranged gb they fall and come directly to your feet for a free heavy..
A Shinobi only playing far ranged is taking a big risk.

Yes but what you said is only relevant when it comes to discussing whether it is a strong move or not.

It does not change the fact that it is cancer in terms of destroying the fun of a melee game. A character you can never catch unless they decide to let you, who has ability to attack from long range, who also is so fast that would never let you go away if you decided to say *** this and move on to other enemies.

This is pure aids.

Alustar.exe
05-17-2017, 06:17 AM
Have any of yoiu tried fighting a bot or two to practice to learn the reactions needed? I say that because if you haven't you should. Also you should keep in mind that assassins are by nature counter attackers. Don't be mad that the ASSASSIN was waiting for you to make a move that he could turn against you and punish.

If you are another assassin, watch his movements. The direction we move tells you a lot about which direction we could attack from.

If you are anything else, watch your flanks. You have one side guarded at all time. Just wait. Your opportunity will present itself.

SerArthur-Dayne
05-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Couldnt disagree more. It breaks up the turtle meta and is so much fun fighting against/ with them.

Bjron_Ironside
05-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Already complaining when the hero just came out today, and you and EVERYONE else needs to put in the time to learn how to adjust and fight them... smh.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 07:26 AM
Couldnt disagree more. It breaks up the turtle meta and is so much fun fighting against/ with them.

And here is the problem.

The shinobi cracks the turtle. To fix the turtle meta, you need a bit more than that. Btw. the shinobi bears the meta in an unnerving way. Free unblockable, uninterruptable damage is lame and a pretty lady way.

Again, a hero was designed and balanced based on PC data. A fast attacking hero, that attacks too fast to deal with (or at least far more difficult) on console and that uses cheap moves who need very precise timing to dodge them. This hero will be far worse on console, where players even struggle to counter guard break.

Knight_Raime
05-17-2017, 07:31 AM
IMO the only annoying thing about him is people who will literally wait around for you to do something. then they react kick you for a free heavy. but they never attempt anything else since nothing else but light light is safe. and that is risky. Most don't know how to handle the kick yet. So bad players are abusing this while shinobi is fresh.

It's a technique that's counterable. but it's pretty annoying. Fighting an actual good shinobi (only fought 2 today) is fun but fair.