PDA

View Full Version : Is this gear fair if its based on a % increase?

SerArthur-Dayne
05-17-2017, 03:02 AM
Overall I like the new DLC and gear change, but just an observation; If gear is based off of a % of base Damage/health does that make it crazy unfain on light classes like shinobi at max gear score?

Taking Warlord & Shinobi as an example, if both say have 30% extra defence & 30% exta damage off of their high end gear (im not sure what max damage/ defence % is), dosent that almost offer nothing to shinobi (given his attack damage is fairly low, and his HP is the lowes in the game), but a giant increase for warlord?

Am I missing something or is that a bit unfair? Cheers

Vordred
05-17-2017, 03:05 AM
but it has always been that way, they just changed the way it displayed, so you can see it better, rather than the bars, which they openly admitted were meaning less graphics, as they didn't correspond to the actual values

bmason1000
05-17-2017, 03:18 AM
I liked the bars though...much easier to tell which stat got the dominant boost.

SanaMinatozaki-
05-17-2017, 03:21 AM
Overall I like the new DLC and gear change, but just an observation; If gear is based off of a % of base Damage/health does that make it crazy unfain on light classes like shinobi at max gear score?

Taking Warlord & Shinobi as an example, if both say have 30% extra defence & 30% exta damage off of their high end gear (im not sure what max damage/ defence % is), dosent that almost offer nothing to shinobi (given his attack damage is fairly low, and his HP is the lowes in the game), but a giant increase for warlord?

Hi sir. very well said. i almost forgot about this if u never mention. i am very particular with build and i want my build to be the most optimal.

So how? choose def penetration? as max stats and attack as 2nd?

Tundra 793
05-17-2017, 03:24 AM
I liked the bars though...much easier to tell which stat got the dominant boost.

I agree, somewhat. With the bars, our eyes were trained to look simply horizontally, and the biggest bars along that angle was what we went for.
With the new system, the stats are displayed vertically, both with colors, numbers and visualization via the small arrows next to the numbers.

It takes a bit to get used to after so long with one system, but if you just spend a bit of time with it, it's just as clear what stats gets boosted as with the old system.

I am very confident this exact issue was raised before Season 2 launched. It could have been a thread, it might even have gotten mentioned on a Stream, I cannot for the life of me remember where or when, but I'm sure we got a developer response to it, 'cause you do make a good point.

bmason1000
05-17-2017, 04:04 AM
I agree, somewhat. With the bars, our eyes were trained to look simply horizontally, and the biggest bars along that angle was what we went for.
With the new system, the stats are displayed vertically, both with colors, numbers and visualization via the small arrows next to the numbers.

It takes a bit to get used to after so long with one system, but if you just spend a bit of time with it, it's just as clear what stats gets boosted as with the old system.
So using these visuals, how do you know which stat is the dominant bonus without just comparing pieces side by side?

Tundra 793
05-17-2017, 04:13 AM
So using these visuals, how do you know which stat is the dominant bonus without just comparing pieces side by side?

Just fired up the game to double check, apparently the visualizations only appear during active comparisons between gear. Looking at equipped gear you'll have to rely on the numerical values.

SuomiKissa
05-17-2017, 05:39 AM

This is now a problem for which the new system will bring.

The numbers are not reliable,
because the talent percentage values are not directly comparable with each other.

I saved the change due to a lot of different items, which can be 9 different / arms, head ...
Comparisons between them are very difficult to compare now, which gives just the desired gear,
* Where ++, +, - or -, ++, + each metric meter reported by one view.

Tyrjo
05-17-2017, 08:07 AM
How do I upgrade gear with smaller boosts so no stat is punished so hard? Does it have to drop that way?

Obdach01
05-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Shinobi still has the speed advantage... and agility... with old stats would've been the exact same, if they both had the same gear (as you use it here too). Teake a step back, think about the situation you created and you will find out, that it would've been the exact same situation with the old gear. Whatever increase you use or whatever system, if you take the exact same gear (as suggested in you post), you will always end up in this situation.

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 08:55 AM

If the applied percentage is the same, your relative strengths between the two classes don't change.

WL deals 30 damage, SHB deals 10 = 3 : 1 → ** 30% damage buff ** → WL deals 39 damage, SHB deals 13 dmg...

= it's still the same 3 : 1