PDA

View Full Version : Don't really like where this game is going

Vordred
05-17-2017, 02:14 AM
it's turning into MMO PvP. just stun locking.

it's all knockdowns, shoves and bashes, grabs. stuns.

it was bad before, but the new characters just make it worse. i said a long time ago despite maining the LB at the time, i don't like the idea of Disablers. anything that takes away control over your character, is just not fun.

fighting multiple Cents is just stupid, might aswell put your pad down, as you are just going to get bounced around like a pinball.

hell even the Ninja can slide and knock you down, or grab with a ranged grab that you can't see if your fighting someone else.

Udonitron
05-17-2017, 02:17 AM
Yep...already been there for a while and they are only nurturing those movesets more so now IMO.
There should be an additional meter for these moves and it needs to recharge after using once so they cannot be spammed into hell and back.

Vordred
05-17-2017, 02:59 AM
yeah, just had a fight with a cent and a shinobi, again all just kicking, the shinobi teleporting in and out using his kick, the cent using his.
was nothing i could do about it. was perma stunned so couldn't really see anything either.

Also who thought having a character teleport about like a mortal kombat character was a good idea?

i get maybe the idea of giving them stuff to combat the defence meta. but that in it's self makes them imbalanced when the rest of the cast are still stuck in that meta. and i don't want more of this stun locking nonsense, make some chance to the core system to fix the defence issue, not put in new characters than can just spam and lock you down

Netcode_err_404
05-17-2017, 03:05 AM
it's turning into MMO PvP. just stun locking.

it's all knockdowns, shoves and bashes, grabs. stuns.

it was bad before, but the new characters just make it worse. i said a long time ago despite maining the LB at the time, i don't like the idea of Disablers. anything that takes away control over your character, is just not fun.

fighting multiple Cents is just stupid, might aswell put your pad down, as you are just going to get bounced around like a pinball.

hell even the Ninja can slide and knock you down, or grab with a ranged grab that you can't see if your fighting someone else.

Yes I agree, it seems they are trying to fix the turtling meta giving classes as much unblockables > free damage as possible. And I do not really like it. If with the next couple of patch they do not fix this spam and the fact yopu need to NOT actually take any initiative to win, I may think to stop playing and just uninstall, because I will be honest, duels are not funny.

Vordred
05-17-2017, 03:35 AM
the Cent really needs the Stun removed from his kick, having a unblockable Stun is Just BS.

i also think the first attack on his ZA should be counted as a light.

Wolf-Heathen
05-17-2017, 03:51 AM
And yet in the last dev stream, a dev was all, "For us, this game is always about skill, not stats..." :rolleyes:

If it's about skill first, why are there stats? Why is there revenge? Why are there so many damn unblockable moves???

Nobody wants your ****ty moba version of For Honor ubisoft. Take out stats and revenge, put friendly-fire to 100% to prevent ********s and make this game truly about skill.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 03:52 AM
Yes I agree, it seems they are trying to fix the turtling meta giving classes as much unblockables > free damage as possible. And I do not really like it. If with the next couple of patch they do not fix this spam and the fact yopu need to NOT actually take any initiative to win, I may think to stop playing and just uninstall, because I will be honest, duels are not funny.

Exactly this. I have no problems with the new characters but the way this game is going with the unblockables is just lazy design.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 12:17 PM
I agree 100% with this thread..

Pay To Win ********!!!

Vordred
05-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Exactly this. I have no problems with the new characters but the way this game is going with the unblockables is just lazy design.

yeah, it seem that way, but at the same time for the Cent, they took almost everything people complain about as op in other classes, and throw it all into one class.

Netcode_err_404
05-17-2017, 02:37 PM
yeah, it seem that way, but at the same time for the Cent, they took almost everything people complain about as op in other classes, and throw it all into one class.

Yes I do not know if he is op or not ( nsurely not more broken than warlords), but the unblockable spam and the fact you won't have a melee fight with a centurion is weird design.

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Shinobi vs Conq.........I felt like a snail trying to catch a cheetah and the shinobi wasnt running away. lmao. Tho using her own chain against her and pulling her to the ground is awesome.

Netcode_err_404
05-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Shinobi vs Conq.........I felt like a snail trying to catch a cheetah and the shinobi wasnt running away. lmao.

The best imho are shugoki/LB vs shinobi.

Its almost impossible to hit a shinobi with a heavy as both classes. LOL.

WIth kensei is a lot easier to punish him.

kbvlcvfkhgc
05-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Yea,

i think i'm done too, turned the game on last night and everything was changed .....again,

what is the point in investing time and energy into something when the developers keep shifting the goal posts?

Brologna_Xeno
05-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Yeah ideally I think they should have done the stat change in 1.06 then this DLC would have been more prepared for the new gear tier and characters that are flooding PVP.

On topic I agree with OP 100%.

Was worried they'd go the UI/UB spam route.

Sir_rage_quit
05-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Playing since beta finally quit , i hate the new dlc they lunch 2 new classe without balancing the old one... finally over this game , i wont be the guys that cry fr change on the forum since i know people may like the way it is . So enjoy and bye bye

Knight_Raime
05-17-2017, 05:24 PM
So you enjoyed the patient wait and bait game? Sorry. that's not what for honor should be about. and i'm glad it's moving away from it.
also. 4v4 will never be competitive. So of course silly stuff like hero stacking is in. Until feats get rebalanced, ranked is in, a gearless 4v4 is added, and they create a seperate search that limits hero choice to one per hero I wouldn't expect anything serious from 4v4.

Elim is the closest thing to 4v4 competitive. but even there feats are still imbalanced and available at the start of each round.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 05:28 PM
So you enjoyed the patient wait and bait game? Sorry. that's not what for honor should be about. and i'm glad it's moving away from it.
also. 4v4 will never be competitive. So of course silly stuff like hero stacking is in. Until feats get rebalanced, ranked is in, a gearless 4v4 is added, and they create a seperate search that limits hero choice to one per hero I wouldn't expect anything serious from 4v4.

Elim is the closest thing to 4v4 competitive. but even there feats are still imbalanced and available at the start of each round.

No one said they enjoyed the turtle meta. The devs hinted that solutions to the turtling included nerfs to parry, chip damage, etc etc. They never said adding more unblockables was the solution. And anyway, that's a dumb and lazy solution. It makes more than half the cast completely un-viable.