PDA

View Full Version : Something has to be said.

DuhSavagePickle
05-17-2017, 01:56 AM
The patch has been out for only half a day, and people are already complaining on everything.

I don't understand.

First everyone complains that the gear difference was to much and they couldn't start new characters without being destroyed.

Now they're crying because those 108+ geared people can no longer destroy a new character.

Hypocritical?

Also, if anyone watched the streams or read anything about the game they would know that the Devs made it easier for low geared players to compete with maxed out gear players by increasing the gear stats for lower level players(to even the playing field BECAUSE THATS WHAT EVERYONE ASKED FOR).

Now I see people complaining on centurion and shinobi, about how the kick from Centurion is undodgable even though I'm dodging and punishing them without a hitch.

And how Shinobi is to fast and the new mechanic about attacking/GB from a distance is to over powered. Even though I CGB/Parry that 90% of the time and punish the shinobi severely.

Why doesn't everyone just calm down, relax... It's new characters and new mechanics. You will not be parry gods and you will not stomp new characters as much as you believe you will and here's why.

You are fighting an all new character with different timing, different moves, different animations. Everything is new to you.

The person playing the new characters are used to your character because they are old characters, they know all the timing etc.

Before anyone tries to tell me they're overpowered, I will send yous all multiple videos of me killing and dodging those "Impossible to dodge and punish moves" you all seem to be complaining about.

Also, I've already said it but I will say it again. Your maxed out characters aren't as strong as they were before compared to low geared characters and here's why.

Devs gave the lower geared characters some help to compete with the maxed out geared players because US AS A PLAYER BASED ASKED FOR THAT.

They closed the gap between max and low level gear. THAT is why you are dying by the new characters that are low gear, THAT AND because they're all completely new to you.

That is all.
Sorry for the typos if there are any because I'm on my iPhone.

Also, Ubisoft. Thank you for the new season and the new gear setup. It shows you've been listening to the player base.

Cheers.

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 02:00 AM
Friend SavagePickle -- it's simply due to the fact that those who are satisfied and thankful to the developers, usually keep quiet to ourselves and don't go SHOUTING AROUND AND BANGING ON DOORS that it's awesome.

On the contrary, the nature of whiners are to be loud and obnoxious as possible to draw attention. So in these boards, you only see the whiners complaining about season2. But that doesn't mean the silent majority agrees with the obnoxious loudmouthed minority

Me, I'm having a blast. Sure, I see some cringey stuff -- nobody is perfect, problems will be needed to be grinded out, but overall, it's a great fun new patch and I thank the devs for giving it to us. :)

p00k.
05-17-2017, 02:10 AM
some people are probably complaining because it took a ton of steel to get their characters to 108 gear, and now their character who was spec'd for max attack is now -15% attack. or people spec'd for max defense are now -15% defense.

and keep in mind, it took over 9k steel to get one set of purples to 108
people with a couple items maxed, or a couple characters at 108, could easily have lost 50k+ of steel

and then there's people like me, for whom the game simply broke (at a technical, not gameplay/balance) standpoint, because our super rare hardware of an i7-7700 and 1080GTX were apparently not tested before patch release

Fenrirwolf24
05-17-2017, 02:11 AM
Im not bothered by the gear at all im actually happy about it. Now Shinobi and Cent are just ridiculous. Cent shouldnt be able to spam his kick. That move alone should cost atleast half his stamina. Shinobi ranged gb/attack is crap. When he charges it it glows blue/red. You would think blue would mean a gb but its actually an attack. If its red its an attack. I wanna say this is a bug (i hope it is) but really either way it needs to be fixed.

Sir_rage_quit
05-17-2017, 02:15 AM
Im not bothered by the gear at all im actually happy about it. Now Shinobi and Cent are just ridiculous. Cent shouldnt be able to spam his kick. That move alone should cost atleast half his stamina. Shinobi ranged gb/attack is crap. When he charges it it glows blue/red. You would think blue would mean a gb but its actually an attack. If its red its an attack. I wanna say this is a bug (i hope it is) but really either way it needs to be fixed.

i agree it feel those 2 new classe are a mix up of everything people were cry about in the forum

DuhSavagePickle
05-17-2017, 02:23 AM

Regarding the Centurion kick, you would actually want him to spam it because it's extremely easy to punish and very telegraphed.

If you have Xbox One I can show you how to do it. It's extremely easy.

Also on the shinobi GB/Attack at long range. That's also not that hard to counter. When the shinobi is charging(I know this will sound counter productive) but put some distance between yous. It will give you a major advantage against them by giving you more time to parry/CounterGuardBreak and punish them.

Again, I play Xbox one and I am willing to help anyone that is having trouble against these characters because I find them quite easy to counter.

I always see a lot of negativity in these threads but we all need to realize when it comes down to it. This is just a game and we should all get along and help eachother play it instead of mocking and insulting.

So if anyone would like help, feel free to ask me.

Fenrirwolf24
05-17-2017, 02:30 AM
Regarding the Centurion kick, you would actually want him to spam it because it's extremely easy to punish and very telegraphed.

If you have Xbox One I can show you how to do it. It's extremely easy.

Also on the shinobi GB/Attack at long range. That's also not that hard to counter. When the shinobi is charging(I know this will sound counter productive) but put some distance between yous. It will give you a major advantage against them by giving you more time to parry/CounterGuardBreak and punish them.

Again, I play Xbox one and I am willing to help anyone that is having trouble against these characters because I find them quite easy to counter.

I always see a lot of negativity in these threads but we all need to realize when it comes down to it. This is just a game and we should all get along and help eachother play it instead of mocking and insulting.

So if anyone would like help, feel free to ask me.
I have figured out Shinobi's range but what i said still stands. Seems like a bug or something with the charge. Im on xbox to so add me i guess. AoDaFenrisulfur

pure_energist
05-17-2017, 02:38 AM
The patch has been out for only half a day, and people are already complaining on everything.

I don't understand.

First everyone complains that the gear difference was to much and they couldn't start new characters without being destroyed.

Now they're crying because those 108+ geared people can no longer destroy a new character.

Hypocritical?

Also, if anyone watched the streams or read anything about the game they would know that the Devs made it easier for low geared players to compete with maxed out gear players by increasing the gear stats for lower level players(to even the playing field BECAUSE THATS WHAT EVERYONE ASKED FOR).

Now I see people complaining on centurion and shinobi, about how the kick from Centurion is undodgable even though I'm dodging and punishing them without a hitch.

And how Shinobi is to fast and the new mechanic about attacking/GB from a distance is to over powered. Even though I CGB/Parry that 90% of the time and punish the shinobi severely.

Why doesn't everyone just calm down, relax... It's new characters and new mechanics. You will not be parry gods and you will not stomp new characters as much as you believe you will and here's why.

You are fighting an all new character with different timing, different moves, different animations. Everything is new to you.

The person playing the new characters are used to your character because they are old characters, they know all the timing etc.

Before anyone tries to tell me they're overpowered, I will send yous all multiple videos of me killing and dodging those "Impossible to dodge and punish moves" you all seem to be complaining about.

Also, I've already said it but I will say it again. Your maxed out characters aren't as strong as they were before compared to low geared characters and here's why.

Devs gave the lower geared characters some help to compete with the maxed out geared players because US AS A PLAYER BASED ASKED FOR THAT.

They closed the gap between max and low level gear. THAT is why you are dying by the new characters that are low gear, THAT AND because they're all completely new to you.

That is all.
Sorry for the typos if there are any because I'm on my iPhone.

Also, Ubisoft. Thank you for the new season and the new gear setup. It shows you've been listening to the player base.

Cheers.

Thanks for providing positive feedback... As for the whiners any amount of logic and proof and nice guy support isn't going to make them satisfied. For Honor 2.0 has been designed to encourage more skill based play... they lost the casual players gear and now are upset the game they loved because it gave them ego boosts every time they won and got to use obscene emotes in victory is now gone. NOW they see themselves being decapitated, skewered and chopped to pieces...no hump thrusts...no ego boost...= Pouting...pouting leads to outbursts....which is today's society leads to the presidency...soooo... Yeah..guess they know better after all.

Wolf-Heathen
05-17-2017, 02:38 AM
The last thing anyone asked for were more characters that could spam unblockables. It's like the rule of cool is their design philosophy, and they can't comprehend balance. People waited this long for a Raider buff, and they didn't even address the fact that you do one mix-up+heavy and you're out of stamina completely. Meanwhile Warden, Warlord, LB and Cent can spam that **** for days.

DuhSavagePickle
05-17-2017, 02:52 AM
The last thing anyone asked for were more characters that could spam unblockables. It's like the rule of cool is their design philosophy, and they can't comprehend balance. People waited this long for a Raider buff, and they didn't even address the fact that you do one mix-up+heavy and you're out of stamina completely. Meanwhile Warden, Warlord, LB and Cent can spam that **** for days.

What people wanted and asked for was a way to open up turtles. That's what we got. Those "Spammable" moves that you're talking about are extremely punishable.

Unblockable spam is something that would have to be impossible to dodge and get looped in.

That's not what this is, it's just new to everyone.

Also, each character is made to play differently. The Raider is a very good character if played correctly. The problem is that to many people play him the wrong way.

I myself have found raiders that are amazing.

And the reason Raider runs out of stamina faster is because 1 heavy from him is extremely powerful.

The Warden and Warlord are very good characters, I do not deny it.

But Roman from Ubisoft has said they do not want to Nerf good characters anymore, they would rather increase the lower level ones.

DuhSavagePickle
05-17-2017, 02:55 AM
Thanks for providing positive feedback... As for the whiners any amount of logic and proof and nice guy support isn't going to make them satisfied. For Honor 2.0 has been designed to encourage more skill based play... they lost the casual players gear and now are upset the game they loved because it gave them ego boosts every time they won and got to use obscene emotes in victory is now gone. NOW they see themselves being decapitated, skewered and chopped to pieces...no hump thrusts...no ego boost...= Pouting...pouting leads to outbursts....which is today's society leads to the presidency...soooo... Yeah..guess they know better after all.

I see a lot of people complaining, but truth be told it hasn't even been 1 day yet.

They said this about Nobushi in the beta, and Orochi when the game first came out. But given time, everyone learned how to play against them.

Now look at how everyone talks to them.

I'm just trying to bring positivity back to the forums.

Also, if anyone still believes it's impossible to escape the kick from Cent or the long range attack from Shin.

I will be more that happy to send you footage of me doing the "impossible."

CrimsonWolf753
05-17-2017, 03:07 AM
Great post, really needed to be said.

The people should be careful what they wish for.

Wolf-Heathen
05-17-2017, 04:06 AM
What people wanted and asked for was a way to open up turtles. That's what we got. Those "Spammable" moves that you're talking about are extremely punishable.

Unblockable spam is something that would have to be impossible to dodge and get looped in.

Also, each character is made to play differently. The Raider is a very good character if played correctly. The problem is that to many people play him the wrong way.

And the reason Raider runs out of stamina faster is because 1 heavy from him is extremely powerful.

You forgot to mention that it's also extremely slow and telegraphed. Whereas the Warden/Warlord/LB's aren't, AND COST NEXT TO NO STAMINA. No one else has a lateral unblockable, they are all straight thrusting/lunging attacks.

Wolf-Heathen
05-17-2017, 04:08 AM
I see a lot of people complaining, but truth be told it hasn't even been 1 day yet.

They said this about Nobushi in the beta, and Orochi when the game first came out. But given time, everyone learned how to play against them.

Now look at how everyone talks to them.

I'm just trying to bring positivity back to the forums.

Also, if anyone still believes it's impossible to escape the kick from Cent or the long range attack from Shin.

I will be more that happy to send you footage of me doing the "impossible."

They also said the PK wasn't overpowered, and that according to them, the Raider was a pk killer...the people making this game have no idea what balance is.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 04:35 AM

The Warden and Warlord are very good characters, I do not deny it.

But Roman from Ubisoft has said they do not want to Nerf good characters anymore, they would rather increase the lower level ones.

Spammable unblockables are a lazy way to fix the turtle meta. And it's not even a real fix. Turtles can dodge as well as block. Not to mention, the characters with the spam unblockables are the best turtles.

They were talking like they were really going to fix the meta. By doing things like nerfing parry, chip damage, etc etc. Putting more brainless skills in the game wasn't the way to go. And I call ******** on bringing up low tier characters. The raider buff hardly did anything and they flat out said kensei was fine. The biggest difference between the top tier and everybody else is spammable unblockables. They're part of the problem and they sure as hell shouldn't be considered the solution.

CandleInTheDark
05-17-2017, 10:05 AM
They also said the PK wasn't overpowered, and that according to them, the Raider was a pk killer...the people making this game have no idea what balance is.

People keep bringing this up, but how much data did they have when they made that claim? The game was around a month old, maybe less, in terms of having been released to the general public as a whole. So while we know now that it is hardly the case, tell me, if there had been a thousand pk vs raider battles and raider won 700 of them, what does that suggest? With what we know now it suggests the raider players were good and the pk players not so good, but with the game so young, I contest that they made a reasonable assumption for the data they had that the raider was a hard matchup for the pk.

Bjron_Ironside
05-17-2017, 10:16 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2XhfQ8oCkm1Ts4/giphy.gif