PDA

View Full Version : 44Hr download?

watsonclan335u
05-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Went to fire up the game after getting up this AM on my PS4 only to see a 44hr download time, WT actual F?

My connection speed is above average easily, anyone else have this issue?

TheMalakith
05-16-2017, 11:00 PM
Took me roughly 30 minutes on PC. Perhaps something with the ps4 network? I can imagine quite a bit of people are downloading it.

tbtsrjc
05-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Went to fire up the game after getting up this AM on my PS4 only to see a 44hr download time, WT actual F?

I woke up annoyed because I forgot to leave my PS4 in Rest Mode to download 1.07; but after firing it up and putting it in Rest Mode the update only took 2 hours to download and install. I don't know the actual time it took, I came back at the 2 hour mark to check its progress. Definitely not a 44 hour download, I believe the patch was only 14 Gigs

Gundevilnl
05-16-2017, 11:03 PM
ps4 15 min. 300 mb internet speed btw

pure_energist
05-17-2017, 12:09 AM

I can only imagine you are a new ps4 user or never bothered looking up download times...... The reason behind this speculation is that PS4 will always drastically increase a background download when attempting to run any other internet based software... So to maximize your download time.. close all games, apps that require internet. Pause the download and restart... as long as you are not having any internet issues you should see the more appropriate download estimation.. you can play offline while you wait without effecting the download time.