PDA

View Full Version : Centurion pleases the emperor

IesooMI
05-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Ubisoft my hats off to you, this DLC is amazing. The amount of warlords and wardens I have crushed under my centurions fist is beautiful. Closing in on rep1 with him and his mixup game is a thing of beauty, i honestly don't know why people are already crying it's day 1 lmao. These 2 are defiantly going to help break the meta with their heavy offensive pressure style. It's fun learning the new matchups against aswell, shinobi is a monster but once you get your hands on them it goes fast. Haven't tried him yet, saving him for more of a guilty pleasure to bring the salt. Community thoughts?

Knight brethren the emperor had sent his best to help us crush those cowardly samurai and filthy Vikings.

Xynrex
05-16-2017, 08:47 PM
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/94977996563848027/DD6440696D5DBEB889A9B3C0BBE7CB8B627C7A47/

Epoqx
05-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Have only played centurion until now, rep 18 atm.

Huge mix up game, huge pressure, i'm sometimes getin absolutely raped by other cent's while they are comboing me. He is quite more complicated than i expected, and that's perfect. Like you can actually cancel any charged heavy to GB by simply pressing... GB. Huge mix ups.

He is quite low on health tho, but the damage compensate.

His Front Kick Unblockable is easily avoidable, giving a free GB. So we still need to be carefull. He got a slow guard change speed too.

A lot of his main moves are nearly the same as some other characters tho :
- Opener : WL headbutt - Cent front kick
- Wall vortex : Conq shieldbash - Cent punch
- Jump Attack : Clearly the same as WL

Exactly the type of character i wanted, even with his feats : a mix of vanguard and assassin (and tanks moveset). The design and animations are really badass. I only mained chars without openers before. Centurion is quite straightforward and at the same time requires some finesse, especially with his charged attacks.

I LOVE IT.

Oh and btw : Thanks to ubisoft, they are actually going the right direction, and that patch is really damn good. Not a single DC today for me. WP devs !

Dr-KaBoom
05-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Starts off by saying he is destroying people who are playing veteran characters with a brand new hero.

Than finishes by saying he doesn't understand why people are calling new character op.

Epoqx
05-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Starts off by saying he is destroying people who are playing veteran characters with a brand new hero.

Than finishes by saying he doesn't understand why people are calling new character op.

They don't know how to counter new characters. Period.

buhahh125
05-16-2017, 09:22 PM
Thank god finally a non salty thread.

IesooMI
05-16-2017, 09:29 PM

If I already know how to handle the matchup it's just a matter of implementing the new characters tools, and it helps when people don't know how to counter the new heros yet, my understanding of the mechanics are still there aswell as my ability to parry. They aren't OP it's a L2P issue.

Epoqx
05-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Thank god finally a non salty thread.

I thaught the same, reason why i exposed my thaughts =D

IesooMI
05-16-2017, 09:32 PM
I've seen it so many times over the years of playing different fighting games everytime new chars are added to the roster. Casuals be casual man.