PDA

View Full Version : Things we'd love to see in the game.

Woodshack12
05-16-2017, 07:05 PM
What things would you like to see in the game?

Personally, I loved the whole setting of Far Cry 3. A return to that wouldn't be a shame. Especially with the famous burning drug mission! :cool:

Farcryisdead
05-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Map editor and multiplayer.

GMAK2442
05-16-2017, 10:44 PM
I wish a fast crouched stealth like in Shadow of Mordor. This make the stealth much more fun in my taste.

Steve64b
05-16-2017, 11:34 PM
The engine is capable of hiding players in bushes, having interactive&dynamic lights and destroyable objects. It should be trivial to make the game combine those aspects, so AI in a cave will see you less clearly when you're in the dark. And you'll have to destroy the lights to get past them undetected.

HorTyS
05-17-2017, 07:20 AM
A more realistic and less sci-fi approach.

Whats been sci-fi about the last few games? I haven't gotten much of any sci-fi vibes from 2/3/4 and certainly not primal...

I would like to see more depth to the outposts, improved upon navigational options (increase the dang fall damage threshold Ubi, enough is enough gaul'dernit!) expanded upon takedown system (alternate takedowns specific to weapon types, various melee weapons with differing takedown animations etc) Wider variety of weapon customization (doesn't need to get to Ghost Recon gunsmith levels, but more options for sure, and why have weapons with no customization allowed? especially when there is a visible mod rack on the AK but we can't attach a red dot? weak)

PureNomad
05-17-2017, 07:39 AM
The son of gulo, another blood dragon spin-off and a perma death Bear Grylls survival mode.

HorTyS
05-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Realism.

Have any specific examples?

fbrigadeiro
05-17-2017, 09:17 AM
one functional co-op engine!!! That would be a nice upgrade! NO BUGS, NO CO-OP S#!TtY AUDIO!

JakeyChappers
05-17-2017, 09:56 AM
It might not fit into the setting of the game (wherever that is) but Far Cry's Bow gameplay is brilliant, Please give us a Bow again!

Free-roam co-op would be good

Ubi-KitKoumal
05-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Hello everyone,

I second that.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for joining the hype, so good to see all your feedbacks already!

Cheers,

KitKoumal

Klossel
05-17-2017, 11:07 AM
All I want is guns, vehicles, explosions and a bow plus more features would be great and not a reskin of the past 3 games also please, do something new there are some pretty cool new features on this thread that I'd love to be added in :)

LoPsoZ
05-17-2017, 01:14 PM
If the game contains a good co-op like FC3, I'm happy.

HorTyS
05-18-2017, 01:08 AM
one functional co-op engine!!! That would be a nice upgrade! NO BUGS, NO CO-OP S#!TtY AUDIO!

Huh, you must've had a bad coop experience, I never really had those issues in FC4..

It might not fit into the setting of the game (wherever that is) but Far Cry's Bow gameplay is brilliant, Please give us a Bow again!

Free-roam co-op would be good

All I want is guns, vehicles, explosions and a bow plus more features would be great and not a reskin of the past 3 games also please, do something new there are some pretty cool new features on this thread that I'd love to be added in http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

If it is modern day MT, it would be very easy for them to justify the character stumbling across someone's hunting bow. Would actually be pretty cool if they had compound bows in this one!!

I've noticed many sci-fi elements. The ink monster, the magic compass, not to mention syringes to enhance perception since Far Cry 3.
I'm not quite sure that those are realistic elements. Any thoughts?

Oh ok I guess I don't consider those things "sci-fi" so much as supernatural, a small distinction I know, but to me sci-fi sort of implies advanced technology and space age stuff... aliens and lazer guns, stuff like that.... I wouldn't mind them getting rid of that stuff, but the syringes can stay, I just think they need to have more useful effects. A syringe that has a slow mo effect would be awesome....

If the game contains a good co-op like FC3, I'm happy.
Whhaaaattt?? I thought the coop in FC3 was terrible, FC4's coop was a blast though. My vote is for Coop like FC4, maybe with the ability to even coop the story missions....

karofskyk
05-18-2017, 03:17 AM
just do not make a game like BLOOD DRAGON... couldn't even finish the game..

HorTyS
05-18-2017, 03:19 AM
just do not make a game like BLOOD DRAGON... couldn't even finish the game..

Whaaaat /? dude blood dragon was awesome!! hahaha, maybe just because of how small of a dose it was, dunno if they could maintain a full game of it....

akilyoung
05-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Hello everyone,

I second that.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for joining the hype, so good to see all your feedbacks already!

Cheers,

KitKoumal

I know Sab, and I am guessing he means a combination of graphics and storyline. Something based on history like past wars. Not the odd looking cartoony graphics and characters and vehicles. FC has NEVER looked realistic, compare it to other games, its half way to being cell shaded cause of the shaders.

Fallen-Champ
05-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Whaaaat /? dude blood dragon was awesome!! hahaha, maybe just because of how small of a dose it was, dunno if they could maintain a full game of it....

I also liked Blood Dragon, although it felt unfinished and skills unlocked for virtually doing nothing at times.
It would have been a lot of fun if they had included the map editor in Blood Dragon as lots make sci-fi type maps so they could have gone crazy, the few items they gave free for the editor from Blood Dragon were costly on the budget.

I also liked the player speed beena little faster than normal when running and swimming, made me feel like a modern day Far Cry Instincts Predator if that is at all possible.

MrCascadian
05-18-2017, 06:51 PM
A more expansive armory with greater customization (as in GR Wildlands).

xylem237
05-18-2017, 06:59 PM
I want to see a mystical Jungle Trip in South America with aztecs, rebels, mercenarys .. Blackhawks, Apache Helicopters, laserguided airstrikes,....
A mixture of FAR CRY 2, FAR CRY 3, FAR CRY 4 ....in South America.
Ghost Recon Wildlands as a First Person Shooter.
And some freaky mystical aztecs missions like Shangri La.

But i think that won't happen.

HorTyS
05-18-2017, 08:20 PM
I also liked the player speed beena little faster than normal when running and swimming, made me feel like a modern day Far Cry Instincts Predator if that is at all possible.

I also LOVED that there was NO FALL DAMAGE! I wouldn't want it to go that far in a regular FC game, but I really hope they DOUBLE the fall damage height threshold in these games. We should be able to fall more than 3 feet before taking damage, it makes exploring more fun to just run & jump off stuff when you're not quite as worried you'll die if you jump off a 8 foot drop...

EdEddnED-E
05-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Lots of Immiersion!!!

Things I loved about FAR CRY 3-4... the combat and the world design. But FAR CRY 2???? I loved the fact that you had an actual map you used to get around instead of a pause\map screen. Also the guns breaking down was really nice but happened abit too fast IMO. Finally the malaria thing. The idea of having a dependant use of something (the pills) to stay alive, (apart from getting shot) was awesome. The only problem is that it happened to fast.

In this new game having that same map and a compass would be cool, plus having to stay alive with food and water would be cool. Not keeping up to date with your health would be less punishing and more managable as it doesn't kill you right away (like the malaria). Unlike having to trade for pills, you would need to just explore to find water and hunt to find food (which is already kind of touched on in far cry games now). If the rumours are true and its set as a western then these things really are needed in a game about surviving the frontier (camping, hunting etc)

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 12:59 AM
Lots of Immiersion!!!

Things I loved about FAR CRY 3-4... the combat and the world design. But FAR CRY 2???? I loved the fact that you had an actual map you used to get around instead of a pause\map screen. Also the guns breaking down was really nice but happened abit too fast IMO. Finally the malaria thing. The idea of having a dependant use of something (the pills) to stay alive, (apart from getting shot) was awesome. The only problem is that it happened to fast.

In this new game having that same map and a compass would be cool, plus having to stay alive with food and water would be cool. Not keeping up to date with your health would be less punishing and more managable as it doesn't kill you right away (like the malaria). Unlike having to trade for pills, you would need to just explore to find water and hunt to find food (which is already kind of touched on in far cry games now). If the rumours are true and its set as a western then these things really are needed in a game about surviving the frontier (camping, hunting etc)

Its looking more & more like the game is a fictionalized modern day Montana-esque setting actually, but i suppose you could still use the hunting mechanic... I grew up eating primarily elk/deer/antelope meats...

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Thanks for all your feedback, stayed tuned for more information :)

Mercenary1
05-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Ubisoft, weapons misfiring or jamming happened too often in FC2 but I liked that it added another variable to combat and an unexpected challenge you suddenly had to overcome. I'd like to see this return.

phxrider
05-19-2017, 06:14 PM
A little bit better enemy detection AI, with lighting and visibility taken into consideration.... An upgraded graphics engine on the level of GRW.... Lots of attention to details on how vehicles feel and so on (I loved the rickety feel of the FC3 jeeps, the vehicles in 4 feel bland by comparison).... Upgrades to the player's interaction with the environment and animals, already probably the best in FC3-4-Primal over any other games I've played, but keep finding new things to add and add in abilities you'd have in the real world (like shooting from vehicles was added in FC4 - an obvious thing you'd do if someone was shooting at you, but you were incapable in FC3)... upgraded non-enemy NPCs - again, they are already pretty damn good (much better than, say, GRW), but there's always room to make them behave more realistically. Litle stuff....

And yes, WORKING co-op.

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 07:21 PM
Little additions/ improvements I'd love to see:

- A fall damage threshold that if anything airs on the side of unrealistically high rather than laughably low
- Arrows are not auto collected from bodies but instead when you loot the corpse
- An almost entirely replaced arsenal of weapons rather than only a few additions, of which only a small percentage of are actually cool (FC4)
- Ability to fire weapons whilst sliding
- Reload animations that actually change after you buy the faster reload perk (assuming its an option again) not just the same animation 15% faster
- Side missions with their own narrative arcs separate from the campaign (though maybe intertwined in some ways)
- Wider variety of side activities
- If there is a racing activity, it should be against other AI, not just timed checkpoints
- Increased navigational options & abilities.
- Even more types of takedowns!!

terry427
05-20-2017, 03:41 AM

I'll give a couple from FC4:
When approaching an outpost (for example), using a silenced weapon (sniper rifle) from a concealed position at almost maximum range. If you miss a target or someone sees a body fall then instantly, instantly everyone in the outpost knows exactly where you are down to the millimeter (without being seen, no detection meters). I've tested this a number of times, deliberately missed, it sets off the guards and I then move around to the other side of the outpost and there is everyone gathered at the spot I just left, even if they never actually saw me. ps I know "silenced" isn't totally silent but from that range it certainly would be.
There are other instances too where no one has actually seen me but again know exactly where I am after shooting with a silenced weapon.

Animal behavours:
Some are excellent such as the cats squatting down and stalking you but others are just unrealistic. e.g. you're in the middle of a firefight, shots/explosions everywhere and some animal attacks you, seriously. That amount of noise will have any wild animal heading for the hills, and Rhino's that are actually attracted by explosions, I don't think so. (btw when seeing Rhinos I just toss a land mine at them, that sorts them out haha)
And the Eagles, no Eagle will attack something 3-4 times it's size unless protecting a nest, maybe it's breeding season all year round in Kyrat? even in the Himalayas?
Yaks, they are naturally placid by nature (but again can attack to protecting their young) with wild Yaks avoiding humans where possible or simply running away but not those in Kyrat, they are possessed by some demon or other and attack you for no apparent reason every time?

Climbing:
The ability to climb small crests or hills (slightly steeper than the norm but not cliff faces if you get my meaning) and other small obstacles that in real life you would just step over (not actually jump) yet you simply can't do this unless with the actual climb function active on that location, or hitting the space bar to 'jump' over such as with small rises on a cave floor for example.

Spotting:
The AI seems slightly off as all soldiers just know it's me even if they don't actually see me, example. driving a captured truck back to an outpost and soldiers behind me (can't actually see into the cab) yet start yelling out "it's ghale" x-ray vision or something. there are other instances where without actually seeing me they seem to know it's me?

I know some of those are to make the game more intense or harder but don't quite cut the realism stakes IMHO.

HorTyS
05-20-2017, 09:53 AM
I'll give a couple from FC4:
When approaching an outpost (for example), using a silenced weapon (sniper rifle) from a concealed position at almost maximum range. If you miss a target or someone sees a body fall then instantly, instantly everyone in the outpost knows exactly where you are down to the millimeter (without being seen, no detection meters). I've tested this a number of times, deliberately missed, it sets off the guards and I then move around to the other side of the outpost and there is everyone gathered at the spot I just left, even if they never actually saw me. ps I know "silenced" isn't totally silent but from that range it certainly would be.
There are other instances too where no one has actually seen me but again know exactly where I am after shooting with a silenced weapon.

True, not very realistic, but that seems more about balancing the gameplay & maintaining some level of challenge. If you could just sit back & silently snipe an entire outpost from range that would really hinder the sort of experience they're going for. Also, how would that even be fun?...

Animal behaviors:
Some are excellent such as the cats squatting down and stalking you but others are just unrealistic. e.g. you're in the middle of a firefight, shots/explosions everywhere and some animal attacks you, seriously. That amount of noise will have any wild animal heading for the hills, and Rhino's that are actually attracted by explosions, I don't think so. (btw when seeing Rhinos I just toss a land mine at them, that sorts them out haha)
And the Eagles, no Eagle will attack something 3-4 times it's size unless protecting a nest, maybe it's breeding season all year round in Kyrat? even in the Himalayas?
Yaks, they are naturally placid by nature (but again can attack to protecting their young) with wild Yaks avoiding humans where possible or simply running away but not those in Kyrat, they are possessed by some demon or other and attack you for no apparent reason every time?

I don't know if you've ever seen how big golden eagles are, but lets just say we humans are not 3-4 times bigger. I've seen videos of them attacking wolves & deer. At any rate, while it may not be absolutely realistic, eagle attacks were just another way the game kept you on your toes. They were kinda cool once or twice, and a bit of a nuisance after that, but if you stand under a tree or something they can't get you so I never got super frustrated with them. Don't know that I ever had as much trouble with the animals as you did. Yaks never attacked me unless provoked or their space was invaded, rhinos never came at me after the sound of explosions... I s'pose I can see those things getting frustrating if they happened often...

Climbing:
The ability to climb small crests or hills (slightly steeper than the norm but not cliff faces if you get my meaning) and other small obstacles that in real life you would just step over (not actually jump) yet you simply can't do this unless with the actual climb function active on that location, or hitting the space bar to 'jump' over such as with small rises on a cave floor for example.

Climbing & navigation in general in FC could use a bit of a facelift. I'd love to see a fair addition of improvements in this regard. Jumps could be higher, I REALLY think they should increase the height you can fall before taking damage, something I've been saying since FC3. One other idea i had was that on slopes, there could be areas that are visibly muddy or slick with loose rock, and if you sprint & slide on those areas you would do an extended slide as the mud/ rock would give way under you for a longer slide... obviously this would go hand in hand with my suggestion of shooting whilst sliding, and those slide areas should be peppered around, and placed in combat areas as well. If multiple ideas i had came to fruition, we could pop a slow-mo syringe, slide down a muddy slope & pop a guy in the face with an arrow, how bad-@$$ would that be?

Spotting:
The AI seems slightly off as all soldiers just know it's me even if they don't actually see me, example. driving a captured truck back to an outpost and soldiers behind me (can't actually see into the cab) yet start yelling out "it's ghale" x-ray vision or something. there are other instances where without actually seeing me they seem to know it's me?

I know some of those are to make the game more intense or harder but don't quite cut the realism stakes IMHO.

This one is kinda hard to justify, I guess it's just a limitation of enemies response to the PC (player character). I don't think theres anything in the AI scripts that would make the enemy see you as an unknown or friendly, so if you're within their vision/ awareness cone I guess they're going to see you as a hostile.. It does seem like it'd require some complex enemy AI to allow for that and perhaps such things are not within the AI budget? Who knows, would be cool to get more complex AI to account for that sort of thing, but it's not something I take huge issue with myself...

I can see your point on some of those things, but some of them are sacrifices to realism for the sake of keeping the gameplay active & exciting and so I have no issue with some of those things being less than realistic... but thats me...

Fallen-Champ
05-21-2017, 09:30 AM
Ubisoft, weapons misfiring or jamming happened too often in FC2 but I liked that it added another variable to combat and an unexpected challenge you suddenly had to overcome. I'd like to see this return.

Lots of times I thought I was tough enough in the Far cry 2's world to not go and refill ammo or change weapons then I get in a situation where the gun blows up and I am left thinking oh fook my reserve weapons are not good for this situation.

That game really made you feel quite desperate at times, I went back to it recently and thought it had aged badly but still some of the things it had were very cool, imagine guns jamming or exploding in multiplayer that would even put fear into the best of players making them vulnerable, would love to see that back.

HorTyS
05-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Lots of times I thought I was tough enough in the Far cry 2's world to not go and refill ammo or change weapons then I get in a situation where the gun blows up and I am left thinking oh fook my reserve weapons are not good for this situation.

That game really made you feel quite desperate at times, I went back to it recently and thought it had aged badly but still some of the things it had were very cool, imagine guns jamming or exploding in multiplayer that would even put fear into the best of players making them vulnerable, would love to see that back.

I would also love to see weapon degradation & jamming return. I had a few thoughts on how they could better balance it, the primary idea being that you can buy a "field cleaning kit" which could be a consumable or maybe a one time purchase that you use between engagements. Basically you activate it and it would show a short animation of you doing a quick cleaning of your gun restoring its integrity to maybe just like 75-90%, that way you are still incentivized to replace the degraded weapons in your loadout from time to time.

I'm big on animations, I love seeing well done and unique animation, and I think the jamming animations in FC2 were great, would love to see more variants of those. FC2 had alot of cool animation in general, I still specifically remember being impressed the first time I reloaded the makarov & saw that the character did a little flick with the gun as he ejected the clip to fling it away, always thought that was kinda cool... FC2 also had a wider variety & less repeats of the same exact healing animation unlike 90% of the time in FC3/4 when you get wrapping your wrist over & over....

Fallen-Champ
05-21-2017, 10:26 AM
I hope they have some new animations for Far Cry 5 I also liked them, the cleaning kit is an interesting idea.
One thing I liked in Dying Light was weapon crafting, the weapons only last so long, they can be repaired but eventually fail, this kept people re-making weapons so they could use their favorite ones.

The guy who mentions going prone, I have been thinking this for a long time, loved going prone in multiplayer with the Far Cry Instincts games - even though it has not been a part of the single player game with FC2, FC3, Blood Dragoon, FC4, FC Primal there is no reason why it couldn't be a part of multiplayer - this is one issue in that single player always dictates and multiplayer gets the animations and weapons etc what are in SP so if it were detached then you could add in different things rather than been told you can only use what they have in the SP game.

angstik
05-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Got 2 main issues with the whole US/Montana location.

First, it's hard to imagine ourselves "lost, alone in 'paradise turned hellhole", as it was in every single FC since FC1. We can hardly imagine ourselves not being able to contact friends/civiliization (I assume we're in modern day FC). So clearly I'd like the game to be located elsewhere.

Second is the fauna. What do we have in US/Montana in terms of wildlife? Wolves(FC4/primal), mountain lion (FC3), bears (FC3/4/Primal), boars (FC3/4/Primal), deers (FC3/4/primal)... Unless we're adding bobcats, buffalos and mooses, most of the wildlife would have already been met in multiple FC games, meaning re-using animations while getting out of the pictures the most interesting animals (very big cats like tigers and lions, big predatory fish, crocodiles, pachyderms like rhinos and elephants...). Since the animals are an essential part of what FC has become, I sure hope we'll get some post apocalyptic future or mesozoic menagerie, as the 2014 poll proposed.

HorTyS
05-21-2017, 08:37 PM
Got 2 main issues with the whole US/Montana location.

First, it's hard to imagine ourselves "lost, alone in 'paradise turned hellhole", as it was in every single FC since FC1. We can hardly imagine ourselves not being able to contact friends/civiliization (I assume we're in modern day FC). So clearly I'd like the game to be located elsewhere.

Second is the fauna. What do we have in US/Montana in terms of wildlife? Wolves(FC4/primal), mountain lion (FC3), bears (FC3/4/Primal), boars (FC3/4/Primal), deers (FC3/4/primal)... Unless we're adding bobcats, buffalos and mooses, most of the wildlife would have already been met in multiple FC games, meaning re-using animations while getting out of the pictures the most interesting animals (very big cats like tigers and lions, big predatory fish, crocodiles, pachyderms like rhinos and elephants...). Since the animals are an essential part of what FC has become, I sure hope we'll get some post apocalyptic future or mesozoic menagerie, as the 2014 poll proposed.

I agree about the bewilderment about how they'll justify you being "cut off from civilization" so to speak if the setting truly is modern day MT. Perhaps our character is there with a purpose and doesn't want to leave, or maybe something else, The reasoning for being 'stuck' without the ability or desire to get out or get help is one of the things that intrigues me though, so we'll just have to see.

As for the wildlife, I addressed this in the other thread but I don't have as much of a attachment to the wildlife as you seem to. They're a means to keep the player on their toes (predators) and a way to add a bit to gameplay & progression (hunting & crafting), beyond that, I wouldn't say they've ever been a focus of the game. They leaned into it more with primal because the time period necessitated them doing something to maintain some level of depth to the gameplay, but they're hardly the core feature of the games and so I"m not to miffed about not really seeing much new in terms of the animals. I definitely don't care enough about getting new ones that I'd want to take the game in a post-apocalypse or sci-fi/ other planet direction, I think that would be rather lame.

by the way, the plural of deer is deer & the plural of moose is moose... haha

angstik
05-21-2017, 11:19 PM
HorTyS: I'm not a native english speaker so I'm already haooy to be able to name them.

HorTyS
05-22-2017, 03:23 AM
HorTyS: I'm not a native english speaker so I'm already haooy to be able to name them.

Apologies, those spelling "corrections" were not meant as spiteful but instead I wrote that with the intention of edification.

angstik, if we take Montana as the scenario it's probably true that the number of human predators will be limited but it can be a fictitious place and therefore have a quite different amount of species.
A little disclaimer here: i always thank people when they correct me so that next time i'm less likely to make that same mistake again ;)

True, the guy from the film crew said the game was based not only off MT but also everything from there to California. However admittedly I don't know of a wide range of new animals that would realistically open up for use unless they started really taking some liberties with it. At any rate, I don't base my purchase of a FC game on what animals it does & doesn't have, so it's not an issue with me....

As to the subject of this thread & things we'd like to see added to the game, I was thinking that if we are actually playing as a police officer, it might be cool if there was elements of evidence gathering and building a case. Not some sort of "detective mode" like the Batman Arkham games, but just more of like, search this hideout & look for clues that could be used against the enemy in some way, it could also be another reason to use the camera, taking photos of characters performing 'bad deeds' and maybe this time it actually saves the photos in an evidence file or something...

Also the ability to perform arrests. A Cop's main goal is not to kill people (though some of today's headlines may seem to contradict that) so arresting characters could also be a new feature. I imagine that would pertain specifically to higher profile targets, but that might be a cool type of side-quest as well... " Arrest X for theft" etc...

angstik
05-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Apologies, those spelling "corrections" were not meant as spiteful but instead I wrote that with the intention of edification..

That's exactly how I understood it. So obviously, thank you. I'll go to sleep being less stupid tonight, as we say.

phxrider
05-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah, one last thing... Enemies shouldn't be able to instantly line up shots at sniper rifle w/ high-powered scope range with an AK-47 or POF P416 with iron sites. That kinda defeats the purpose of sniping.

BattlePHILd
05-22-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm a huge fan of the immersion factor. FC2 was the best at it. All the weapon degradation and jamming, along with the vehicle repairs and such added to that immensely. But one of my favorite things that it did was make the map hand-held. I love the fact that I never really went into a screen that wasn't first person unless I went to sleep (or paused it). Trying to read a map while driving, or even just when walking around, really made me feel like I was in the game. I don't think there is any way they would add that back in, but I would be really impressed if they did!

HorTyS
05-22-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm a huge fan of the immersion factor. FC2 was the best at it. All the weapon degradation and jamming, along with the vehicle repairs and such added to that immensely. But one of my favorite things that it did was make the map hand-held. I love the fact that I never really went into a screen that wasn't first person unless I went to sleep (or paused it). Trying to read a map while driving, or even just when walking around, really made me feel like I was in the game. I don't think there is any way they would add that back in, but I would be really impressed if they did!

One of my favorite aspects of the FC games has been that you never leave first person. They don't show cutscenes with your character or anything, you're always "in it"... Would love if they brought back the physical map, and was thinking that for the more modern context, and especially since it's in modern America, the map could just be on your phone, so you hold that up and when you zoom you see the character "pinching" the screen to expand & zoom in & stuff... could work right?

I really hope Co-Op akin to what they had in FC4 is back. Would've been a fun addition to Primal and given me a bit more reason to play it more for sure... as it is I played that one less than any FC before it... Co-Op like FC4 but maybe even able to play the story missions together would be sweeeeet!!!

angstik
05-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Primal's crafting and weapon breaking was a good step towards FC2 weapons jamming, though.

HorTyS
05-23-2017, 03:05 AM
Oh yeah, totally agree with the in-game physical map.

Why not? Keeping both the complexity and the immersion, it's still achievable (at least on a keyboard / mouse combo).
It's just a matter of making it work also on game controllers but they've been lazy or didn't care since FC3.
As a last resort they could still make it full screen without detaching from the atmosphere by keeping the in-game sounds going.

Nothing about the map being physical & open in real time is harder or different to do on a controller than on a mouse....

angryfudgepop
05-23-2017, 03:41 AM
More weapon customization, Bullet drop, Vintage guns, Hurk, And have Michael Mando be a voice actor for one of the characters.

HorTyS
05-23-2017, 08:04 AM
More weapon customization, Bullet drop, Vintage guns, Hurk, And have Michael Mando be a voice actor for one of the characters.
bleeech i really don't want any more old timey guns in there than they've had already, even that is too much IMO...

I was thinking with the setting, it wouldn't be unrealistic to have a horse as a ride-able animal, maybe that cold be one new mode of transport... much more than a horse though dirtbikes would be a helluva lotta fun...

angstik
05-23-2017, 12:47 PM
I definitly think we'll get at least one old rifle, along the sawed off and revolvers and all.

Surely you're right for horses. Will be great for crossing rivers.

JakeyChappers
05-23-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm intrigued to hear more

If we are a lawman it wouldn't make sense to include Crafting, a lot of Skill Tree items and certain weaponry so if that is the case I hope they can make it work

BattlePHILd
05-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Would love if they brought back the physical map, and was thinking that for the more modern context, and especially since it's in modern America, the map could just be on your phone, so you hold that up and when you zoom you see the character "pinching" the screen to expand & zoom in & stuff... could work right?

YES! THIS! Smartphone map would be awesome! I can understand how you couldn't do all the waypoint stuff and fast travel on a paper map like in FC2, but there are no features in the FC3 or FC4 maps that couldn't be done on a handheld digital map. PLEASE LET THEM DO THIS!!!!

HorTyS
05-23-2017, 08:35 PM
With the kind of map interactions provided since FC3 it certainly needs at least one or two more buttons to comply. Buttons are easy to map on a keyboard but not as easy on a controller.

Well really all they need is to make it so you press the map button and that brings it up in the character's hand, but not totally obstructing your view, but if you want to fast travel or do some other interaction on the map, then he should pull it up to look at it in a more full screen type view, and then you have full control like the maps from past games... but you don't need to have the ability to interact much with the map while it's just in his hand at the bottom of the screen, and any time the map is open it should remain a real time interaction, theres a pause button if you need to pause the game, no reason accessing the map should do it as well...

I'm intrigued to hear more

If we are a lawman it wouldn't make sense to include Crafting, a lot of Skill Tree items and certain weaponry so if that is the case I hope they can make it work

Well it would still depend on the context they establish for why you're there and why you're not trying to get out or bring in re-enforcements. crafting, skill trees and weapons don't need to be scaled back just because you're an official law enforcement officer. If that is what the player's background even is, maybe he's a cop from another state who was just on vacation? (thatd certainly help justify why he's new to the area and not aware of the goings on) or maybe he's sent there on a mission to dismantle the enemy faction by any means necessary, and if so on site weapon procurement wouldn't be out of the question if it was a special op type thing... there are many scenarios where being a cop or government agent would not invalidate crafting, skills & any & all weaponry...

HorTyS
05-23-2017, 10:29 PM
No there are definitely standard police as well, but they are relegated more to the bigger towns.
I'm not entirely sure how it's separated, I know for instance that just the other day police and the sheriff's dept. both responded to a shooting and they had to bring in the police dept. from another county to do the investigation...

Robert223333
05-24-2017, 02:22 AM
Coop main story missions...

EdEddnED-E
05-24-2017, 04:08 AM
With the kind of map interactions provided since FC3 it certainly needs at least one or two more buttons to comply. Buttons are easy to map on a keyboard but not as easy on a controller.

Don't see why they can't use the touch pad for PS4 just like in FARCRY 4, you could even 'immersively' flick the touchpad and it would zoom or change the map section! Oh wait... because Xbox... lol joke

On a serious note, Xbox still has a button they can use for the map, but they would have to replace the shoulder buttons functionalities so that they adjust the map parameters intstead of the 'changing menus' function. They could throw all the crafting/skill tree stuff into the pause menu like in FAR CRY 3.

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Don't see why they can't use the touch pad for PS4 just like in FARCRY 4, you could even 'immersively' flick the touchpad and it would zoom or change the map section! Oh wait... because Xbox... lol joke

On a serious note, Xbox still has a button they can use for the map, but they would have to replace the shoulder buttons functionalities so that they adjust the map parameters intstead of the 'changing menus' function. They could throw all the crafting/skill tree stuff into the pause menu like in FAR CRY 3.

what about tap the back button/ track pad/ whatever keyboard button to bring up the map/ phone just in the lower section of the screen, visible enough that you can see what you're actually doing but also reference the map when you need, as unobtrusive as a mini-map would normally be, and with the same amount of info displaying as the traditional mini-map would have. HOLD button to full screen it, you should only have to hold for maybe 2 seconds or so, enough that you won't accidentally full screen map if you don't mean to but also not so long that its annoying just to bring up the map in full when you want to. From there, full menu control, swapping through "apps" on the phone that control the other menus like skills & inventory shtuff... (if the map & such were displayed via a phone in this hypothetical that is)

Another improvement I was thinking about was what if weapon customization were a bit deeper. I can think of a few ways to make it a bit more interesting.

1- enemy weapons should be randomized from among the entire selection of weapons. not every enemy should just carry the basic AK (or in the later half of the game with the "tougher" enemies, the p-416) enemy loadouts should be random, not just one of each type.

2 - Enemy weapons should randomly have attachments. Some enemies could drop an AK with an extended clip (because AKs should also be customizable, never got why they weren't, especially given that the model for them always had that mod rack on it) maybe one guy drops a FAMAS with a reflex sight, or one guy drops the MP5 with no attachments, it should be random, maybe favoring few to no mods, but sometimes dropping with them.

3 - Mods have to be bought or found before able to use in when customizing your weapon. You should be able to buy them like normal but if you find a weapon with an attachment and bring that weapon to a shop (via whatever form the shops take this game) then you should then have access to that mod from then on.

4 - Mods could be found in the loot chests or as mission rewards, maybe some missions rewarding specific rare/ expensive or even exclusive mods.

angstik
05-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Another improvement I was thinking about was what if weapon customization were a bit deeper. I can think of a few ways to make it a bit more interesting.

1- enemy weapons should be randomized from among the entire selection of weapons. not every enemy should just carry the basic AK (or in the later half of the game with the "tougher" enemies, the p-416) enemy loadouts should be random, not just one of each type.

Once again, you are totally right. i'll put a handful of my Most Wanted elements.

. Having specific and unique loot in the "landmark" areas.
In FC4, you had no reason to explore these places unless you wanted to get your full demon mask collection or just watch mangled corps in funny positions. Primal had unique paintings to gather in caves: I hope FC5 will have a little something (objets, paintings, drawings...) in some places. Maybe to customize our hideout (FC4 had a hideout to customize but it was very limited).

. Being drived by allies
One of the most funny moments I had while playing FC4 was when you needed to defend trucks, and also when you managed to get at the back of a car and explore alongside the drivers (quite hard to do since most of the time, they'll get out of the vehicle as soon as you come by).

. Crafting that matters/breakabke weapons
Primal was perfect as far as crafting goes. Simple yet efficient, and vital to our survival since weapons could break. I hope we'll get something maybe not as extreme (survival mode was perfect in Primal) but something quite like it.

. More ennemies able to truly deal with wildlife
In FC3, a single tiger could clean an outpost. In FC4, only 3 ennemies were able to deal with a bear/tiger: molotov guy, flamethrower dude and shotgun bro (this one is weak against us but can one shot middle sized animals). In Primal, beasts were rulers but it was normal. In FC5, I truly hope more ennemy types will be able to survive animal attacks and actually kill the animal without having 5 guys shooting at the save bear for 2 min.

. Have ennemies wear different weapons/gather guns on the ground
As said in upper posts, "ennemy types" are part of FC, yet some diversity could matter. All the guys having the same 6-8 guns is pretty boring in the end.

. Have at least one exotic animal in the mix
FC3 had leopards, mountain lions, galapagos tortoise and thylacine. FC4 had demon fish from Congo. Primal had jaguar and african wild dog. Who knows, maybe crazed fanatics in FC5 will have built a new ark and started filling it?

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Once again, you are totally right. i'll put a handful of my Most Wanted elements.

. Being drived by allies
One of the most funny moments I had while playing FC4 was when you needed to defend trucks, and also when you managed to get at the back of a car and explore alongside the drivers (quite hard to do since most of the time, they'll get out of the vehicle as soon as you come by).

. Crafting that matters/breakabke weapons
Primal was perfect as far as crafting goes. Simple yet efficient, and vital to our survival since weapons could break. I hope we'll get something maybe not as extreme (survival mode was perfect in Primal) but something quite like it.

. Have at least one exotic animal in the mix
FC3 had leopards, mountain lions, galapagos tortoise and thylacine. FC4 had demon fish from Congo. Primal had jaguar and african wild dog. Who knows, maybe crazed fanatics in FC5 will have built a new ark and started filling it?

Being able to set a way point and get in the passenger side of a car and have an ally drive to the waypoint would be pretty cool.

Crafting breakable weapons in a modern context doesn't really make as much sense but if the brought back weapon jamming I guess that is sort of similar in a way...

Wolverines could be the game's exotic animal I guess... we have regular badgers in Montana, but they should make wolverines the big new pain in the @$$, hahaha also look forward to hunting down a moose with the compound bow!!

angstik
05-24-2017, 10:26 PM
Being able to set a way point and get in the passenger side of a car and have an ally drive to the waypoint would be pretty cool.

Crafting breakable weapons in a modern context doesn't really make as much sense but if the brought back weapon jamming I guess that is sort of similar in a way...

Wolverines could be the game's exotic animal I guess... we have regular badgers in Montana, but they should make wolverines the big new pain in the @$$, hahaha also look forward to hunting down a moose with the compound bow!!

i've looked at wikipedia's wildlife concerning Montana and the wolverine is there. ^^

angstik
05-24-2017, 11:03 PM
They're a mix between a badger and a bear. Also very brave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ4tyowlVUM

Oh I know what a wolverine is. Actually, since I'm a biologist specified in zoology, I'd be ashamed not to know what it is. ^^ (yeah, now you know why I care so much about wildlife).
My research lab at the national museum is near a zoo where we've got some europoean wolverines. Smaller than their american counterparts yet pretty ferocious.

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 11:35 PM
Oh I know what a wolverine is. Actually, since I'm a biologist specified in zoology, I'd be ashamed not to know what it is. ^^ (yeah, now you know why I care so much about wildlife).
My research lab at the national museum is near a zoo where we've got some europoean wolverines. Smaller than their american counterparts yet pretty ferocious.

Your career certainly does give better context to your adamant desire for varied wildlife. I am not as bothered about it because new animals wouldn't really change much, we'd still just hunt/ be hunted by them and skin them for crafting.... this animal or that being or not being there wouldn't change to much about the gameplay itself so thats why i was as dismissive as i was about it. I will say antelope & moose being there would be new, but not necessarily with new animation skeletons (though maybe for the moose with their very tall long legs, longer than an elk's would be).

But am i right or am i right that the wolverine should be the new "dreaded encounter" you have in the wild? Seeing as how one guy in the promo art clearly has a trained wolf I wonder if stuff like that will affect the gameplay in some way. I don't want Primal like animal taming, but maybe he's an underboss who'll use animals against us or somethin'....

angstik
05-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Clearly the crossed wolf will have its role. I wonder if we'll have to kill it, or make a choice (like DePleur in FC4).

Maybe that's also a way to show that "wild" side is still there, since we could have easily understood that they gave up on it after seeing such artwork.

Nzgw
05-25-2017, 03:34 AM
to reduce or remove mature content such as language, violence, nudity.

Games from Treyarch (http://www.treyarch.com/) has this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOMyYyHnYQ
You could be better by giving us separate options for the different categories of mature content.

Language includes mild profanity too. If you don't know what they are you could go to ESRB (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx) and look at Rating Summary for E rated games with language as a Content Descriptors.

Don't replace words in subtitles the way posts below do (which might get removed since they are working around the forum's language filter)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675160-Why-not-Islam-Ubisoft-appealing-to-liberals?p=12664471#post12664471
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1669311-Things-we-d-love-to-see-in-the-game?p=12664716#post12664716
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1669311-Things-we-d-love-to-see-in-the-game?p=12643369&viewfull=1#post12643369
So don't use similar looking symbols to replace letters. For example #!+ for hit. Or have some letter of the word stay. For example h-- and h-t for hit.

Same with the audio. Remove the word completely. Don't leave part of the beginning or the end.

Don't replace the word with a similar sounding word in a unnatural ways.

http://ytcropper.com/cropped/9k592623c310f00
Something is better than nothing. If you can't or don't want to do this, the least you could do is have the option that just mutes the F-word.
http://c.statcounter.com/11352873/0/013459a1/0/#.jpg

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 04:53 AM
to reduce or remove mature content such as language, violence, nudity.

Or ya know, you could just, not buy M rated games that feature mature content. If you want a game with the content of an E rated game, buy an E rated game. I'll never understand the flawed ideology that playing a game where you shoot someone in the face is perfectly acceptable but if an NPC says $#!+ after you do it, that isn't.... or god forbid you see a boob at some point on your 96 victim killing spree....

angstik
05-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Or ya know, you could just, not buy M rated games that feature mature content. If you want a game with the content of an E rated game, buy an E rated game. I'll never understand the flawed ideology that playing a game where you shoot someone in the face is perfectly acceptable but if an NPC says $#!+ after you do it, that isn't.... or god forbid you see a boob at some point on your 96 victim killing spree....

Most of our modern day blockbusters in terms of videogames are rated M/PEGI 18. These are meant to treat mature themes. That's kinda weird to buy a game where your main goal is to kill life forms, and want it to clean of any blood splatters/other gruesome details.

Weirdest thing I ever saw was a complaint about Metro Last Light asking the devs to remove a scorpion like creature of the game called "spiders" because the people asking couldn't stand watching such creature. At one point, it becomes truly annoying.

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Most of our modern day blockbusters in terms of videogames are rated M/PEGI 18. These are meant to treat mature themes. That's kinda weird to buy a game where your main goal is to kill life forms, and want it to clean of any blood splatters/other gruesome details.

Weirdest thing I ever saw was a complaint about Metro Last Light asking the devs to remove a scorpion like creature of the game called "spiders" because the people asking couldn't stand watching such creature. At one point, it becomes truly annoying.

we live in a world of special snowflakes where something that someone just decides in their own mind is offensive to them should not exist or that there should be shields in place for them to avoid having to deal with them in any capacity whatsoever, as if the world should cater to their specific ideas of what is and is not offensive. If something offends a person, it is in that person's power to avoid it, not the world's responsibility to make sure they don't have to deal with it.

Anyway, topic at hand, I was thinking maybe, to sort of ease (or expound) upon some of the racial tensions folks seem to be having with the game, what if we don't play as a white person, but what if we played as a Native American who works for the area's sheriff's office. There're a couple of reservations in MT and I would assume there is probably a Native American within law enforcement somewhere in the state so it's not inconceivable... Just a thought...

Also, and this is a small improvement that doesn't seem like it'd be difficult to fix. I want to be able to individually adjust the game's music volume separately from the game's dialog & sound effects. I find that ambient music in games is often louder than I would like & i usually adjust it to 50-75%, but since FC3, the only audio adjustment the FC games have had is a master volume, which is pointless. our televisions/ pcs already have adjustable volume. In addition, i would like to have multiple save slots so I can start a new game without over-writing my other playthrough. FC3 gave us 3 save slots but in FC4/ Primal, we had to overwrite our files to start the game again. WEAK... give us multiple save slots again!!!

angstik
05-26-2017, 09:42 AM
^ FC3 gave us 3 save slots but in FC4/ Primal, we had to overwrite our files to start the game again. WEAK... give us multiple save slots again!!!

Had to erase my 260+hours file in Primal to start a new game to get one trophy. One single trophy that took me 30 min to get... Lame. Hope we'll got new save slots.

As far as native americans are concerned, i'd like and old guy with a funny name like "stoned owl" or "drunk bison" to give us some drug induced sequences. yet, since the original leak talked about a burned out hippie, I guess we know what to expect.

Nzgw
05-27-2017, 05:10 AM
we live in a world of special snowflakes where something that someone just decides in their own mind is offensive to them should not exist or that there should be shields in place for them to avoid having to deal with them in any capacity whatsoever, as if the world should cater to their specific ideas of what is and is not offensive. If something offends a person, it is in that person's power to avoid it, not the world's responsibility to make sure they don't have to deal with it.So if I was colorblind and didn't know English or other language this game is localised for, it's my problem that I can't enjoy the game. And I should avoid it and not exist or bother them about it.

Why is violence ok but language, nudity is not might be because others are considered taboo while violence is not. Language is something that easy to copy, might get stuck on the user's head and be used accidently (or purposefully). If they don't know it they will not use it. Even if they know it they don't need more examples on how to use it. I play games for fun, not to learn bad habits, be offended or disturbed by.

PS, try not to bypass the forum word filter.

hallower1980
05-27-2017, 06:04 AM
As I said elsewhere, an exotic wildlife ranch could be a cool and realistic location for some missions or DLC.

I don't remember much about the old map editor. But I prefer PvE... or some mix of PvE and PvP. So I hope the FC5 map editor allows for bot modes and inclusion of wildlife. Not just a small arena like Kyrat's, but open environments. I've read that Doom's map editor enables creation of mini campaigns. That would be awesome.

The best DLC for explorers and action junkies like me is stuff that can refresh the entire game with new dynamics, rather than a short scripted story. Crackdown's harpoon gun is an example. Wildlife additions might make sense in Far Cry.

If we could adjust some elements in the game in addition to the general difficulty level, that would be awesome. For example, being able to adjust the frequency or aggression of wildlife. Giving enemies better weapons or more explosives is another.

And remember the old cheat modes of games like Goldeneye64? You could refresh the entire game and add hilarity to co-op by crrating zany variations of the core game mechanics.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 08:27 AM
Had to erase my 260+hours file in Primal to start a new game to get one trophy. One single trophy that took me 30 min to get... Lame. Hope we'll got new save slots.

As far as native americans are concerned, i'd like and old guy with a funny name like "stoned owl" or "drunk bison" to give us some drug induced sequences. yet, since the original leak talked about a burned out hippie, I guess we know what to expect.

I'm actually kind of hoping there are no hallucinatory drug sequences... It really wouldn't make sense since you're playing as a deputy to have him blazing down on some Montana meth or getting stoned with some hippie...

So if I was colorblind and didn't know English or other language this game is localised for, it's my problem that I can't enjoy the game. And I should avoid it and not exist or bother them about it.
I don't remember saying they should remove or not implement hearing or vision impaired accessibility options.

Why is violence ok but language, nudity is not might be because others are considered taboo while violence is not. Language is something that easy to copy, might get stuck on the user's head and be used accidently (or purposefully). If they don't know it they will not use it. Even if they know it they don't need more examples on how to use it. I play games for fun, not to learn bad habits, be offended or disturbed by.

PS, try not to bypass the forum word filter.

You actually touched on my points here in your reply. I do not understand the logic that hearing the dreaded "F" word is taboo, but shooting a character in the face is perfectly acceptable. That is just a train of thought that I cannot wrap my head around. Blasting a guy in the gut with a shotgun? eeh, whatever man... Seeing a nipple? HOW DARE THEY!, it just doesn't make any sense to me, I don't fuggin' get it. I just cannot reconcile the idea that someone is offended by the word "b!tch" and yet not disturbed by shoving a machete through someone's chest..... virtual or not, the violence in these games should by comparison be far more offensive and disturbing than some words society has deemed "bad" or exposed parts of human anatomy....

BonafideBacon
05-27-2017, 04:13 PM
The element I see from this game's universe screams zombie mode dlc. ( in a RD Nightmare way )
Coming from a guy who's burned out on the zombie theme, I'm hopeful to see it incorporated here.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 05:18 PM
The element I see from this game's universe screams zombie mode dlc. ( in a RD Nightmare way )
Coming from a guy who's burned out on the zombie theme, I'm hopeful to see it incorporated here.

Could work, and I'd rather they do zombies in a blood dragon esque DLC expansion than make a whole game based on it...

BonafideBacon
05-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Could work, and I'd rather they do zombies in a blood dragon esque DLC expansion than make a whole game based on it...

Decided to make a thread regarding it. Seems poll worthy.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Yeah honestly I wasn't thinking about the map editor at all in my response so....

angstik
05-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Blood Dragon did have zombies.

And as far as zombies are concerned (wait for the logic link), talking about exotic wildlife: one of the antagonists (lets say wolf guy) could have a pet tiger.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 10:52 AM
I've been thinking alot lately about the protagonist's role as a deputy. So I've been wondering ever since that started as a rumor if there was going to be ways to take enemies non-lethally and arrest them or something. I've also been curious if there will be any sort of investigation oriented gameplay. Perhaps in this game we'll actually have to use the camera in a less trivial way and snap photos of enemy wrong doing to gather evidence & build a case... Things like that would certainly be new and serve to freshen up the gameplay a bit from the standard "go here, get this, kill everyone along the way" fare we're accustomed to.

Speaking of the camera, while I personally like the enemy tagging mechanic and the whole scouting/ recon phase of pre-combat, I do think they should make it so that we actually have to press a button to tag enemies. That way individual tags could be toggled on/ off and we would have a far lower risk of accidentally tagging enemies (and also the means to correct it if we do). I was thinking while the camera is up, LB/L1 to tag, RB/R1 to snap a photo (LT/RT is zoom levels) In addition, the game should save copies of the photos we took so you can examine them in your journal or whatever....Whatchy'all think?

angstik
05-28-2017, 11:13 AM
I've been thinking alot lately about the protagonist's role as a deputy. So I've been wondering ever since that started as a rumor if there was going to be ways to take enemies non-lethally and arrest them or something. I've also been curious if there will be any sort of investigation oriented gameplay. Perhaps in this game we'll actually have to use the camera in a less trivial way and snap photos of enemy wrong doing to gather evidence & build a case... Things like that would certainly be new and serve to freshen up the gameplay a bit from the standard "go here, get this, kill everyone along the way" fare we're accustomed to.

Speaking of the camera, while I personally like the enemy tagging mechanic and the whole scouting/ recon phase of pre-combat, I do think they should make it so that we actually have to press a button to tag enemies. That way individual tags could be toggled on/ off and we would have a far lower risk of accidentally tagging enemies (and also the means to correct it if we do). I was thinking while the camera is up, LB/L1 to tag, RB/R1 to snap a photo (LT/RT is zoom levels) In addition, the game should save copies of the photos we took so you can examine them in your journal or whatever....Whatchy'all think?

This was probably the best part of Battlefield Hardline: recovering evidences and clues.

Steve64b
05-28-2017, 11:48 AM
I've also been curious if there will be any sort of investigation oriented gameplay. Perhaps in this game we'll actually have to use the camera in a less trivial way and snap photos of enemy wrong doing to gather evidence & build a case...Yes! FC3 had missions that required you to snap a photo of a corpse as evidence. So the basics are there already.

Speaking of the camera, I do think they should make it so that we actually have to press a button to tag enemies.Yes! Recon is so easy in FC4, sometimes enemies are tagged that I wasn't aware of.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Yes! FC3 had missions that required you to snap a photo of a corpse as evidence. So the basics are there already.

Yes! Recon is so easy in FC4, sometimes enemies are tagged that I wasn't aware of.

I think that was the "eye for an eye" side-quests in FC4 actually but yeah. Accidental tagging was also why I always disabled the ability to tag via aiming weapons. I do think they should make it so it saves the photos we take and we can go back and look at them. They could also introduce a side activity related to photography. You have to take photos of various animals for someone working on an expose about how the current turmoil is affecting the local wildlife or something? Just a thought...

Canadian Beer42
05-29-2017, 12:48 AM
-New animations for animal attacks and reloading.

-Hopefully the enemies have a weapon over than the AK-47, some other primary for them would be better.

-Snapping turtles should be the new crocodile, or an extra to the crocodiles (idk if Montana has crocodiles). Though snapping turtles can be sitting on logs near lakes or in the lake.

HorTyS
05-29-2017, 02:09 AM
Do you have crocs up in canada? we share a border bro, no we don't have crocs, haha. I am wondering what, if any, the amphibious threat will be... won't be bummed if there isn't one honestly... To be able to swim & use water without fear of attack would be fine by me...

I am absolutely with you on new animation in general but especially for reloading. I don't even recall the thread but I talked about all sorts of animation stuff they could do for reloads. I think they should copy the game BLACK and have different animations depending on whether or not you are under fire or safe. I think that if there is a "faster reloads" perk/ skill, that unlocking it should actually change the animation rather than just speed up the one they have before. Someone else mentioned & I agree that if you press the reload weapon with a fully loaded gun that it should initiate a little "weapon check" animation, stuff like that would be really cool. Guerilla games said back during development of Killzone 2 that reloads are something the player sees constantly in a FPS so they would go the extra mile with the animations to make sure they were really good. I think expanding on all the first person animation would be a great way to really kick the immersion up and just overall feeling of the game in first person...

They should strive to do alot more non-syringe healing animations as well. I don't want to see the same gauze wrap of my wrist 90% of the time again... FC2's healing animations were far more varied... poppin' bullets out of your leg, or cracking your elbow back into place... great stuff.. not to mention the jamming animations...

strigoi1958
05-31-2017, 11:21 PM
I would like a mission where the music makes me want to got gung ho again.... just like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyLzwvZ3J-4

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 01:11 AM
I would like a mission where the music makes me want to got gung ho again.... just like this....

You know, it's highly probable that the cult could be growing/ manufacturing drugs to fund their operations, maybe there will be a similar mission. Don't know what song they'd set it to though... hopefully not more skrillex....

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't mind "house of the rising sun" by The Animals

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 06:49 AM
Seems like a low tempo song for what we're describing as a high-octane, bombastic mission...

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 12:19 PM
Yes that might make a good track for the start or end of the game, but I love the keyboard solo in it :)

Going back to my youth in south east England.... Motorhead's The Ace of Spades is a definite gung ho song.

and, I guess (If it's not controversial) American idiot by green day. it gets the adrenaline going. Great song for a revenge killing mission :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_uujKuJMI

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 08:33 PM
I would suggest something with a bit of a rock vibe but also a bit of a hick type sound. VOLBEAT has alot of what I refer to as "Rockabilly" sounds to many of their songs, but I can't think of one that I think would be a good fit for such a scene. Lonesome rider maybe but... kinda doesn't gel with what I'm envisioning...

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 10:14 PM
I know what you mean about volbeat.. Hallelujah goat would be good.... I never mentioned them as I thought most people would consider them more heavy metal, not knowing they used to cover Elvis Presley songs.... but the underlying rhythm of a lot of their songs is definitely rockabilly and would be perfect as a mission track for FC5 considering the setting of the game.

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Thats what I was thinking, it just sort of fits the vibe I feel like....

BonafideBacon
06-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Two words.
Banjo weapon.

CorporalFly
06-02-2017, 06:39 PM
I want to see a mystical Jungle Trip in South America with aztecs, rebels, mercenarys .. Blackhawks, Apache Helicopters, laserguided airstrikes,....

I was looking forward to a South/Central American setting myself. But this new installment should suffice.

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 06:48 PM
A more expansive armory with greater customization (as in GR Wildlands).

Do you really think it would be necessary to have a level of customization where we are messing with triggers & barrel lengths? I"m all for more customization but going that far with it you start dealing with customization for customization's sake and diminishing returns on it's usefulness...

I'm all for FC games having a supernatural element in a minor way, but Shangri-La was the worst part of FC4 by far. Mystical missions, yay, like shangri-la, nay...

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Oh man, i was really looking up to you but after this sentence http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/talking-to-god-smiley-emoticon.gif

So you'd rather there be no supernatural element what-so-ever? That's fine, and if the game had none I wouldn't view that as a negative, I'm simply not 100% opposed to it. As I said, I don't mind it's inclusion in a minor way, but I certainly would be against it being a deep seeded element throughout the entire experience. I believe there was a bit too much of it in FC3, & FC4 had even more, so I would certainly prefer a reduced level of it, but if there was a short series of side-quests that involved a small level of supernatural twist to it, it wouldn't sour me to the game as a whole. If a trivial difference of opinion changes your view of me in that way I don't suppose there is much I can do about it. haha, sorry bruh....

Fallen-Champ
06-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Realism.

Yeah considering we have not been able to go prone in Far Cry games since 2008 I would like to be able to lay on the ground sometimes and crawl along to be more stealthy.

The original in 2004 and the Instincts Series 2005 - 2006 allowed this.

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 08:17 PM
I've never understood such strong desire for going prone. Maybe just because my play style never necessitates it, but I don't even use prone when it's an option. I'm not much of a sniper either though, prefer the up close, takedown focused stealth, or when I am picking them off, I'm a bow man... Never bad to have options though aye?

I did think of something they could add to the game that doesn't seem to complicated. They should make it so that collectable milestones unlock various rewards at your safehouses. So like, collecting the first 20 of whatever the collectable is, now you have an ammo crate at your safehouse, maybe 10 more and you have body armor freely available... 10 more and maybe some alternate melee weapons are spread round... and these little upgrades could apply to all the safehouses you've unlocked...

Canadian Beer42
06-05-2017, 04:25 AM
No damn drugs

Nitrotoluene
06-06-2017, 01:49 PM
I'd like to see the enemy soldiers express an emotion other than anger when they get shot at or their compatriots get killed.

How about a cry of horror, an outpouring of grief, a complete breakdown with mad laughter or some heartfelt weeping? I'd like to hear one express doubt as to the righteousness of their cause. Or stop firing and rush to give comfort to the fallen. Or possibly for the first time in any game, the enemy turn and run or even surrender if things get really bad for them. Just anything to make it seem that they're humans and that your attacks are having an effect on their morale as well as their numbers.

It would be nice too if the enemy's clothing and physical condition deteriorated as you gradually make progress against them during the game.

HorTyS
06-06-2017, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see the enemy soldiers express an emotion other than anger when they get shot at or their compatriots get killed.

How about a cry of horror, an outpouring of grief, a complete breakdown with mad laughter or some heartfelt weeping? I'd like to hear one express doubt as to the righteousness of their cause. Or stop firing and rush to give comfort to the fallen. Or possibly for the first time in any game, the enemy turn and run or even surrender if things get really bad for them. Just anything to make it seem that they're humans and that your attacks are having an effect on their morale as well as their numbers.

It would be nice too if the enemy's clothing and physical condition deteriorated as you gradually make progress against them during the game.

Some of these reactions would be unbelievable behavior for being in the middle of a gunfight. why would some brainwashed fanatic breakdown in grief while still under fire from the person responsible for causing said grief? I'd love to see a increase in enemy AI and behavior, but some of these suggestions would take the reactions in an opposite direction. Comforting the fallen, fleeing or surrendering all just make the enemies easier targets. The enemies need to adopt behavior that make them more compelling enemies to fight...

Canadian Beer42
06-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Far Cry 5: Blood Dragon, basically Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon only in Far Cry 5. Instead of being on an island, experiencing Sergeant Rex Power Colt's battles. You are a different cyber commando and you are facing the troubles of the sci-if version of Montana.

Canadian Beer42
06-07-2017, 12:47 AM
Some of these reactions would be unbelievable behavior for being in the middle of a gunfight. why would some brainwashed fanatic breakdown in grief while still under fire from the person responsible for causing said grief? I'd love to see a increase in enemy AI and behavior, but some of these suggestions would take the reactions in an opposite direction. Comforting the fallen, fleeing or surrendering all just make the enemies easier targets. The enemies need to adopt behavior that make them more compelling enemies to fight...

Now while I don't like the idea of the enemy getting shot and then having a mental breakdown. Like I think they should just continue shooting, or else it would be stupid if you shot some guy once and they just cry and stopped shooting, making it easier for you to kill people. So that's not that great.

Though I do wish they'd bring back the Far Cry 2 system where if one guy gets shot they can possibly get downed, and then some nearby comrades will assist the fallen guy.

Nitrotoluene
06-07-2017, 01:57 AM

Not unbelievable at all. Real humans do such things under extreme stress. I'm not advocating that these be common reactions. They should only happen occasionally, but just enough to add some color, some degree of emotional complexity to the otherwise robotic AI.

HorTyS
06-07-2017, 02:15 AM
Not unbelievable at all. Real humans do such things under extreme stress. I'm not advocating that these be common reactions. They should only happen occasionally, but just enough to add some color, some degree of emotional complexity to the otherwise robotic AI.

I guess I just started imagining every fire fight starting with me shooting someone and 1 or 2 other enemies just running away or coming to console the one victim... The frequency of these reactions would need to be very low, like .003%. I'm curious about the new resistance meter and how it will affect the AI in the game. Wondering what sort of tactics they'll employ when we fill it, however it's calculated and depending on it's implementation....

Also, this video (https://youtu.be/9cCtgYDAs68?t=4m22s)confirms the return of enemies having an injured state that causes other enemy characters to attempt to help them!

Update: Bullet drop confirmed guys!

Gameinformer.com/5-ways-farcryisdifferentthanitspredecessors (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/far_cry_5/b/playstation4/archive/2017/06/13/five-ways-far-cry-5-differentiates-itself-from-its-predecessors.aspx)

Steve64b
06-20-2017, 08:38 AM
I just saw a trike, and somehow felt it could work well in the game. Perhaps even have some good/bad biker gang in the world. Seeing a group of bikers rolling in on the action (reinforcements?) may provide an awesome spectacle!

HorTyS
06-20-2017, 09:03 AM
I just saw a trike, and somehow felt it could work well in the game. Perhaps even have some good/bad biker gang in the world. Seeing a group of bikers rolling in on the action (reinforcements?) may provide an awesome spectacle!

I'm holding on to a sliver of hope that dirtbikes make their debut in FC5. There are plenty of people in MT who ride. Growing up a neighbor of mine was all into moto-x and had a makeshift track in the woods next to my house. In general I'm hoping vehicles have a increased sensation of speed, especially considering they seem to be pumping an unrealistic amount of classic style muscle cars into the game. If they want to have an accurate ratio of vehicles in the game it would need to be like 60% trucks & SUVs, 20% subaru outbacks and the rest a random assortment of standard cars & sedans... haha. Thankfully I know they won't feel beholden to that, but I would love it if the game had dirtbikes. They should be both faster and yet squirrely-er than the quad bikes. Mix that with some mountain trails riddled with jumps and thats a helluva good time right there boy, I tell you hwhat.

One other thing I've been thinking of recently is that from the way various producers & directors have spoken in interviews, it seems that we may know of only a small fraction of the various "for hire" characters. I kept hearing Dan Hay refer to a "Casey" who to my knowledge we know nothing about. So it got me thinking about what other sort of characters we'll be able to recruit.

The whole GFH thing is not exactly my favorite, it's actually sort of a bummer to me that they're doubling down on AI companions as to me FC was always sort of about being alone in an unfamiliar frontier. I prefer the idea of helping a group of people but sort of having to fend for myself and not have all sorts of AI tagging along with me, but we're beyond that now, so I've been trying to imagine what sort of other GFH type characters we might get. I wonder if there will be some sort of big "tank" like character or crazy melee-centric guy (or gal, I suppose). Mary May looks to be sort of the molotov throwing type while I got the impression Pastor Jerome was a shot-gunner. Oooh actually I just thought if there was a melee type GFH it should be a lumberjack guy who wields an axe, and axes should totally be a melee weapon in the game. Now that I say it it would be a gross over-sight for a lumberjack type not to feature in the game as logging is still a huge industry in MT and my dad was a 'timber faller" as he would've called it for 20+ years.

Steve64b
06-20-2017, 09:17 AM
Oh right, we mentioned the dirtbike previously at http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675217-Picture-Analysis?p=12668175&viewfull=1#post12668175
I hope we'll be seeing some. :)

HorTyS
06-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Oh right, we mentioned the dirtbike previously at http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675217-Picture-Analysis?p=12668175&viewfull=1#post12668175
I hope we'll be seeing some. :)

Dirtbikes & horses are the 2 "rides" I am still hoping get revealed.

Steve64b
06-20-2017, 10:41 AM
If horseriding is in, I'm SO gonna check if I can mod in riding cows! Would be great fun in coop! :)

scrapser
06-21-2017, 09:58 PM
I'd like to see the realism and immersion achieved in Far Cry 2. I know the majority of people will not agree with this but we have all had this discussion before. There is in fact a segment of the community that agrees with me so I know what I speak of is not an anomaly. Some people are looking for emulation of real life instead of a fantasy experience. That's it plain and simple.

HorTyS
06-22-2017, 12:59 AM
FC2 had plenty of cool elements, but there were a fair share of aspects to it that were frustrating as well. I think a balance somewhere in the middle would be optimal. I like FC2's weapon jamming, I just think it should be balanced better & implemented with more options for combating the effects of weapon deterioration. I've described my idea before of a field cleaning kit that I believe would go a long way in achieving such things. I did not like the bullet-sponge enemies or their hive-mind AI that basically negated stealth viability for larger groups & encampments. I did enjoy the healing and idle animations, I did not find any entertainment value in malaria pill popping, which weapon jams basically addressed that sort of mid-fight unpredictability, so it seemed redundant. I liked the superior fire propagation and the landscape of the world, I did not think restrictive fast travel or near instantaneous respawning checkpoints were additive to the experience.

I find the takedowns and stealth elements of the more recent entries to be a ton of fun. I find the xp & unlocking of skills to be very enjoyable. At the same time, I think hands tend to be held for far to long and I think they tend to give the player to much while requiring very little. Towers are a perfect example, all we had to do was jump to a few ledges & climb a ladder or 2 and we get all sorts of location info and a free weapon or 2. It should have unlocked a semi-difficult mission that rewarded us with a new weapon, rather than making it freely available instantly. I'm not a huge fan of the focus on AI companions as to me FC had always been about the player's isolation and progression that that character goes through in becoming a survivor/ warrior/ fighter by gaining the skills you learn throughout the game, however with the setting of FC5 it makes a bit more sense to be acquiring allies and creating a resistance.

scrapser
06-22-2017, 01:52 AM
FC2 had plenty of cool elements, but there were a fair share of aspects to it that were frustrating as well. I think a balance somewhere in the middle would be optimal. I like FC2's weapon jamming, I just think it should be balanced better & implemented with more options for combating the effects of weapon deterioration. I've described my idea before of a field cleaning kit that I believe would go a long way in achieving such things. I did not like the bullet-sponge enemies or their hive-mind AI that basically negated stealth viability for larger groups & encampments. I did enjoy the healing and idle animations, I did not find any entertainment value in malaria pill popping, which weapon jams basically addressed that sort of mid-fight unpredictability, so it seemed redundant. I liked the superior fire propagation and the landscape of the world, I did not think restrictive fast travel or near instantaneous respawning checkpoints were additive to the experience.

I find the takedowns and stealth elements of the more recent entries to be a ton of fun. I find the xp & unlocking of skills to be very enjoyable. At the same time, I think hands tend to be held for far to long and I think they tend to give the player to much while requiring very little. Towers are a perfect example, all we had to do was jump to a few ledges & climb a ladder or 2 and we get all sorts of location info and a free weapon or 2. It should have unlocked a semi-difficult mission that rewarded us with a new weapon, rather than making it freely available instantly. I'm not a huge fan of the focus on AI companions as to me FC had always been about the player's isolation and progression that that character goes through in becoming a survivor/ warrior/ fighter by gaining the skills you learn throughout the game, however with the setting of FC5 it makes a bit more sense to be acquiring allies and creating a resistance.

I agree with the critiques of Far Cry 2. But I always thought of the game as a work in progress and expected the next release to be an improvement...which is why I was so disappointed with Far Cry 3 and beyond. For me, anything that creates realism (and I don't mean graphical realism) and promotes immersion should be the bottom line. But this has been analyzed so many times by now.

I think the developers are trying hard to keep the game interesting and entertaining. I think the challenge is how to have an open world game and prevent it from becoming bland. This is not a problem with linear games of old because the environment scrolls as you progress through missions. You can go back but there's nothing to do and often the game prevents you from backtracking too far.

I hope they come up with a better solution for Far Cry than filling it with a slew of activities that are there for the sole purpose of keeping the player busy and entertained.

HorTyS
06-22-2017, 08:46 AM
I agree with the critiques of Far Cry 2. But I always thought of the game as a work in progress and expected the next release to be an improvement...which is why I was so disappointed with Far Cry 3 and beyond. For me, anything that creates realism (and I don't mean graphical realism) and promotes immersion should be the bottom line. But this has been analyzed so many times by now.

I think the developers are trying hard to keep the game interesting and entertaining. I think the challenge is how to have an open world game and prevent it from becoming bland. This is not a problem with linear games of old because the environment scrolls as you progress through missions. You can go back but there's nothing to do and often the game prevents you from backtracking too far.

I hope they come up with a better solution for Far Cry than filling it with a slew of activities that are there for the sole purpose of keeping the player busy and entertained.

What specifically was so disappointing about FC3/4 though? You say it is lack of realism but in what way that FC2 did it that 3/4 have not? I don't have the same hang ups so I just don't know what it is that 2 had you find 3/4 were lacking. I do think some games, FC included, can get a bit bloated. FC4 really suffered from never ending encounters in the world. All those karma events got to be a bit much. Sometimes it'd be nice to just be able to explore a bit without the hassle of constant enemy engagement. What sort of things are you alluding to when you say 'creates realism and promotes immersion"?

scrapser
06-22-2017, 03:40 PM
What specifically was so disappointing about FC3/4 though? You say it is lack of realism but in what way that FC2 did it that 3/4 have not? I don't have the same hang ups so I just don't know what it is that 2 had you find 3/4 were lacking. I do think some games, FC included, can get a bit bloated. FC4 really suffered from never ending encounters in the world. All those karma events got to be a bit much. Sometimes it'd be nice to just be able to explore a bit without the hassle of constant enemy engagement. What sort of things are you alluding to when you say 'creates realism and promotes immersion"?

I think the best way to answer your questions is to describe how I experience Far Cry 2, including my first run through the campaign. This will likely reveal the experience we all have is a personal one and I think that is part of the challenge with developing a game that pleases a broad segment of the community.

Far Cry 2 was to me a rather stark experience overall. The landscapes are empty which has the effect of making the player feel alone and without any help. The missions are simple without a lot of distraction. There is nothing in the game you would not find in real life. By that I mean fantasy elements. Also, every aspect of the game is cohesive. It all relates to the campaign so your attention is never really interrupted.

The towns have a distinct sense of squalor and give an atmosphere of despair. This combined with the sense of being alone in the game world raises the sense of immersion on an emotional level. So it connects the player to the game. The game design does not have anything about it that pulls you out of your immersion. You experience the feelings as part of the game world. It is these aspects that drew me to the game over and over again.

The fact there was very little wildlife caught my attention but did not detract me from focusing as I knew I would encounter human enemies frequently and that was the main point of encounters anyway. It's not a hunting game. I have played this game dozens and dozens of times. I know every mission and map like the back of my hand.

With Far Cry 3 I assumed the company would only build on this experience. But instead they removed the manual aspects and automated a lot of the game play. They filled the world with so many encounters and activities that have nothing to do with missions and are there only to keep the game world "alive" and the player busy. The fantasy elements, the unrealistic "crafting", screen prompts, tagging, dream sequences, boss battles and a host of other details all serve to break the immersion for me. I have tried several times to play 3 & 4 but within minutes I am overloaded with so much "noise" that I cannot maintain any immersion at all.

Take climbing a tower for example. You are already on a mission. You get to the top and immediately are subjected to a video that runs you out to the ends of each zip line in rapid succession with dramatic music in the background. None of the missions to be found at the end of each zip line have anything to do with your mission. And if you engage in them you usually end up being taken in directions on the map that leave you disoriented and overwhelmed with the central question, "What am I doing here?" The game does little to promote a cohesive experience where everything ties together.

I could go on but I think this conveys some sense of what my experience has been. I realize playing this game is personal for each of us and we all look for different things as reasons to play it. I wish the company would invest in making the game such that realism can be all that is experienced if the player chooses. Instead, as it comes across now it is more like going to a carnival to experience an arcade. So this is what I feel has happened to the franchise. I do not enjoy any of it but the Far Cry 2 experience keeps me hoping another similar release will one day come along.

HorTyS
06-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Wow, well... I can't say I find much I can relate to in that, and considering that FC3 alone outsold FC2 three times over I wouldn't expect for them to go back to what was far less profitable. I mean, to me it's a much less realistic that there would be nothing else to occupy your attention in the world but your current objective. Real life isn't like that, so how that adds to realism & immersion I don't know. I always felt the lack of open world activity and side content in FC2 was one of it's bigger failings, clearly with the success future installments that added such things I was not alone in that. I do think FC and many other open world games go a bit to far with constant in your face "do this, do this" sort of encounters, but I don't know that I'd prefer a huge open world...with nothing in it.

HorTyS
06-23-2017, 01:45 AM
How does a person ever forget they're playing a videogame while they're playing a videogame? That really doesn't explain anything to me... I can get super 'into' a videogame but I never forget what it is I am actually doing. I've agreed on a few points some FC2 superfans have made but I certainly don't agree with them all, it had just as, if not a higher, ratio of good to bad things as the newer iterations to me, so it's sort of a mixed bag, there are obviously plenty of people who didn't like 2 as much as the newer ones, sales makes that clear...

scrapser
06-23-2017, 04:02 AM
That's a very good question. You forget playing a game while you are playing the game. You also forget yourself! There is no player and game being played...there is just gaming happening.

Have you ever been watching a movie on TV in the living room and were so into it you never noticed someone else entered the room and sat down and at some point realized they were there...perhaps during a commercial? They may have even walked past the TV screen and you still didn't notice. Have you ever been focused on some thought that you forgot everything going on around you and at some point snapped back into the present?

In the movie industry they call this experience, "suspension of disbelief". Some movies are so poorly made they never manage to draw the audience in. They break suspension of disbelief. Maybe the editing was bad and you see the boom microphone hanging over an actor's head in a shot. Or maybe it's an outdoor scene on a street and you see the film crew in the rear view mirror of a parked car. Sometimes there is so much going on that is not cohesive your mind cannot let go of questions and it prevents immersion. I have witnessed these sorts of things and they break the spell. They are more than simple bloopers.

That's how I experience Far Cry 3 and beyond. They do not draw me in. It's what I miss most. I'm sure the developers are aware of what I'm talking about. And I bet many forum members are as well. It's an important quality.

I should add...I realize the bell curve of consumers supports the current game formula. But that's just a reflection of the average player who is not all that passionate about gaming. Some people just want something like Space Invaders. I know I'm a member of a small segment. It does suck but I continue to hold on to hope that what I experience in Far Cry 2 will one day appear again...probably by accident. From what I have gathered that's what happened with 2.

HorTyS
06-23-2017, 06:39 AM
In the movie industry they call this experience, "suspension of disbelief". Some movies are so poorly made they never manage to draw the audience in. They break suspension of disbelief. Maybe the editing was bad and you see the boom microphone hanging over an actor's head in a shot. Or maybe it's an outdoor scene on a street and you see the film crew in the rear view mirror of a parked car. Sometimes there is so much going on that is not cohesive your mind cannot let go of questions and it prevents immersion. I have witnessed these sorts of things and they break the spell. They are more than simple bloopers.

It seems to me that what you're describing is immersion, not suspension of disbelief. Suspension of disbelief (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief) actually seems more like something FC3/4 haven't been able to provide you. It is when something can make you willing to accept the unbelievable for the sake of entertainment or enjoyment. I can be immersed in a game/ show/ movie and yet remain fully cognitive of my surroundings, I never really become dulled to my other senses. I'll get really into game of thrones but I'd never not notice someone come into the room or something....

scrapser
06-23-2017, 02:06 PM
It seems to me that what you're describing is immersion, not suspension of disbelief. Suspension of disbelief (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief) actually seems more like something FC3/4 haven't been able to provide you. It is when something can make you willing to accept the unbelievable for the sake of entertainment or enjoyment. I can be immersed in a game/ show/ movie and yet remain fully cognitive of my surroundings, I never really become dulled to my other senses. I'll get really into game of thrones but I'd never not notice someone come into the room or something....

I think suspension of disbelief is at the core of our personal experiences and as such, is unique to each of us. I have had the experience of someone coming into the room while watching TV and not noticing it. The first time it happened to me I was quite amazed. When I was a teen I was into building model aircraft for a number of years. I can remember getting so engaged in the work that it was almost like being in a trance. I forgot the time. I forgot me.

Wikipedia has an entry for suspension of disbelief. It appears the definition has changed a bit since its inception in the early 1800's. Here is part of the definition as I experience it.

"According to the theory, suspension of disbelief is an essential ingredient for any kind of storytelling. With any film, the viewer has to ignore the reality that they are viewing a two-dimensional moving image on a screen and temporarily accept it as reality in order to be entertained."

So for me the issue with a game is whether it maintains suspension of disbelief or not. A poorly designed game is like driving down a road with a lot of potholes that keep jarring you out of your experience.

Fallen-Champ
06-23-2017, 02:23 PM
I really liked the guns jamming and if not looked after blowing up in FC2, the vehicles on land were good for single player but rubbish for multiplayer - too slow and oddly they took damage quicker in MP than SP.

So SP a lot didn't like the fact that you could scream through a checkpoint at night yet they almost always had a way to catch up - it worked for some and not others, had some fun driving chase scenarios and other times found it very annoying.

Yes you felt up against it an FC2 and there was that feeling of been alone but you have to look at some of the things that are huge factors - 1. There is no wing-suit, no grapple hook in fact Far Cry 2 was so bad in some areas that you could not walk up small hills and while swimming in shallow water sometimes you could not get out on foot when the land was almost flat so there were huge issues with collision detection.

Buddies often didn't react properly sometimes they helped and other times they caused more problems having them around, In fact they were often docile and died for no reason.
I did like the jackal and the way he popped in and out of the story, one thing I will say is that the boats were horrible to get on and off, water was flat and dreadful - I get that swimming in the water was filthy and you could get lost and drown quickly - it was brutal at times.

Far Cry 2 was a lot less accessible, if they had done that with FC3 and FC4 then they would have taken much longer to complete, some would like it and others would hate it - I was told about some immersion mod for Far Cry 4 maybe the way forward is to have the standard game then release another harder choice is this what was in Primal as survival or something?
Primal did it so why not in FC5.

scrapser
06-23-2017, 02:45 PM
I really liked the guns jamming and if not looked after blowing up in FC2, the vehicles on land were good for single player but rubbish for multiplayer - too slow and oddly they took damage quicker in MP than SP.

So SP a lot didn't like the fact that you could scream through a checkpoint at night yet they almost always had a way to catch up - it worked for some and not others, had some fun driving chase scenarios and other times found it very annoying.

Yes you felt up against it an FC2 and there was that feeling of been alone but you have to look at some of the things that are huge factors - 1. There is no wing-suit, no grapple hook in fact Far Cry 2 was so bad in some areas that you could not walk up small hills and while swimming in shallow water sometimes you could not get out on foot when the land was almost flat so there were huge issues with collision detection.

Buddies often didn't react properly sometimes they helped and other times they caused more problems having them around, In fact they were often docile and died for no reason.
I did like the jackal and the way he popped in and out of the story, one thing I will say is that the boats were horrible to get on and off, water was flat and dreadful - I get that swimming in the water was filthy and you could get lost and drown quickly - it was brutal at times.

Far Cry 2 was a lot less accessible, if they had done that with FC3 and FC4 then they would have taken much longer to complete, some would like it and others would hate it - I was told about some immersion mod for Far Cry 4 maybe the way forward is to have the standard game then release another harder choice is this what was in Primal as survival or something?
Primal did it so why not in FC5.

I have experienced everything you have described. I for one was really hoping each Far Cry release would be a polish of the previous version. In other words, they would have improved the items you have listed instead of apparently writing a completely new game from scratch. This doesn't mean they would have to stay in Africa but rather the way the game functioned would be retained and improved upon.

So enemies chasing you in vehicles would not catch up so easily and weather and time of day would impact how easily you were detected by enemies. The buddy AI would be tweaked...maybe introduce a new factor where some buddies were tougher or had better skills than others and you would get to know these qualities as you got to know each of them. The boats are sort of an anomaly. The player is always alone in boats and can only navigate or shoot the gun but not both. At least with the assault trucks you could toggle between the two while rolling. Why not set things up so buddies could ride with you when needed? The weather system in Far Cry 2 is superior to Far Cry 3 (I can't speak for the others since I haven't played them long enough). But I think you get my point here. The game could be treated as a work in progress instead of treating each release as an independent success or failure.

I'm surprised more players have not voiced this sentiment.

Fallen-Champ
06-23-2017, 05:22 PM
So enemies chasing you in vehicles would not catch up so easily and weather and time of day would impact how easily you were detected by enemies.
The buddy AI would be tweaked...maybe introduce a new factor where some buddies were tougher or had better skills than others and you would get to know these qualities as you got to know each of them.
The boats are sort of an anomaly. The player is always alone in boats and can only navigate or shoot the gun but not both. At least with the assault trucks you could toggle between the two while rolling. Why not set things up so buddies could ride with you when needed? The weather system in Far Cry 2 is superior to Far Cry 3 (I can't speak for the others since I haven't played them long enough). But I think you get my point here. The game could be treated as a work in progress instead of treating each release as an independent success or failure.

I'm surprised more players have not voiced this sentiment.

Sounds good but remember lots of us played multiplayer so it was often a nightmare with the speed of vehicles and getting to drive the boats in FC2 by the time you were transitioned over and accelerating often you went boom from a rocket launcher ;) I think sometimes they need those modifiers where you can make some changes as MP is always faster paced.

I like your ideas, also FC2 had amazing grass blowing in the wind, I liked the weather / time of day changing and also the fire was really nice and spread a lot.

I will say that IMO fire looked better in FC5 but unsure how far it spreads, sometimes though games companies can't win if they make changes not all of us like it and if they continue the same others complain.

Would be nice if they keep what works and change what people don't want and things from previous games that fans loved maybe find away to add them in if possible, I like the thoughts on buddies having upgradable skills and been tougher.

HorTyS
06-23-2017, 06:43 PM
I will say that IMO fire looked better in FC5 but unsure how far it spreads, sometimes though games companies can't win if they make changes not all of us like it and if they continue the same others complain.

Would be nice if they keep what works and change what people don't want and things from previous games that fans loved maybe find away to add them in if possible, I like the thoughts on buddies having upgradable skills and been tougher.

Not just sometimes, more like almost every time. Change too little, they're accused of copy & pasting or being a "game 1.5", change to much and people are like "this isn't the game I fell in love with!" Happens all the time.

To flip the thread around a bit, one thing I would like to NOT see in the game, is a series of gameplay interrupting screen prompts that explain various mechanics of the game. FC2/3/4/primal ALL had these and they are annoying AF. Maybe put a little icon that appears and fades in the corner of the HUD somewhere when you want to tell us something and put that info in the journal, but don't stop the game and make us read some obvious tutorial and then press or hold a button to confirm we "get it".

scrapser
06-24-2017, 03:08 AM
Sounds good but remember lots of us played multiplayer so it was often a nightmare with the speed of vehicles and getting to drive the boats in FC2 by the time you were transitioned over and accelerating often you went boom from a rocket launcher ;) I think sometimes they need those modifiers where you can make some changes as MP is always faster paced.

I like your ideas, also FC2 had amazing grass blowing in the wind, I liked the weather / time of day changing and also the fire was really nice and spread a lot.

Thanks for pointing out the multiplayer angle. I keep forgetting that can change the requirements and impact single player. You last sentiment is mine as well. Keep the stuff that works and improve or change the stuff that doesn't. Also make the game realism much more flexible/customize-able so people who enjoy stark reality can get a taste.

scrapser
06-24-2017, 03:10 AM
Not just sometimes, more like almost every time. Change too little, they're accused of copy & pasting or being a "game 1.5", change to much and people are like "this isn't the game I fell in love with!" Happens all the time.

To flip the thread around a bit, one thing I would like to NOT see in the game, is a series of gameplay interrupting screen prompts that explain various mechanics of the game. FC2/3/4/primal ALL had these and they are annoying AF. Maybe put a little icon that appears and fades in the corner of the HUD somewhere when you want to tell us something and put that info in the journal, but don't stop the game and make us read some obvious tutorial and then press or hold a button to confirm we "get it".

Just pointing out FC2 only has the pesky screen prompts during the tutorial. After that you only see a prompt when entering a vehicle or opening a door. When I played FC3 the first time I thought the beginning was a similar tutorial but the screen prompts never went away and only got worse.

HorTyS
06-24-2017, 04:16 AM
Just pointing out FC2 only has the pesky screen prompts during the tutorial. After that you only see a prompt when entering a vehicle or opening a door. When I played FC3 the first time I thought the beginning was a similar tutorial but the screen prompts never went away and only got worse.

Having been playing FC3 again recently, I can say that that is definitely an exaggeration, but the prompts in general were worse and more intrusive in 3/4/primal than they were in 2, but they did exist in FC2, its just that after a certain point fairly early on the last one basically said "you're on your own now" and let you go whereas in the more recent titles they keep happening every time you encounter the opportunity for a new mechanic. All told, all of those prompts never need to stop your game and take up the whole screen with hand holding pictures and text explaining everything....

scrapser
06-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Having been playing FC3 again recently, I can say that that is definitely an exaggeration, but the prompts in general were worse and more intrusive in 3/4/primal than they were in 2, but they did exist in FC2, its just that after a certain point fairly early on the last one basically said "you're on your own now" and let you go whereas in the more recent titles they keep happening every time you encounter the opportunity for a new mechanic. All told, all of those prompts never need to stop your game and take up the whole screen with hand holding pictures and text explaining everything....

Not an exaggeration I'm afraid. If you want to debate that I can quote Far Cry 2 chapter and verse. I have played the campaign at least 60 times by now. No brag...just fact.

HorTyS
06-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Quoting FC2 wouldn't disprove your assertion that the tutorial prompts in FC3 continue to "get worse" the further into the game you progress, which is what you claimed, which is what I called an exaggeration...which was accurate. And don't worry, I was never going to interpret the claim that someone has played the same game 60+ times as a boast of some sort...

Canadian Beer42
06-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Sharks, any kind of freshwater shark. Don't gotta be big *** sharks but at least they can attack you and kill you.

Canadian Beer42
06-24-2017, 10:54 PM
The camera/binoculars could have customizations in the skill menu. I don't more zooming in and stuff like that

HorTyS
06-25-2017, 12:03 AM
It does appear as though they are binos now and not a camera that we use for scouting.

http://i.imgur.com/akyr7VYl.png

So I would say that pretty much does away with any hopes of evidence gathering or photo taking sort of things, which I thought has potential for some interesting gameplay mechanics. Maybe a future game...

votography87
06-25-2017, 03:43 AM
I'd love to see two things,

1) Variation in challenges for the same towns, for instance guards are in different places, there are different security measures used etc for the same place. This would help co-oping with a friend be even more fun as well as the same locations would provide different experiences.

2) Higher difficulty levels should do more than just make you easier to kill and the enemy absorb more bullets. So this could mean that security weak spots would be closed up, for example a tower that's unguarded in lower difficulty levels would have a guard or two in higher difficulty levels. Or tunnels would have traps that would need disarming, more patrols in different areas of the town etc in higher difficulty levels. Too often I feel that enemy placement is generic and unimaginative, for example the tower in the E3 demo being unguarded irritated me because that would never happen in a situation where there was a human with even half a brain involved in guarding that town. So I hope something is done so I feel that the enemy has some intelligence and planning into how they are guarding a town, not just, lets stand around or just walk up and down the main street, if that happens it would be very disappointing. But I wasn't able to play myself, I just saw the videos so maybe others here can shed some light on this from what they experienced in the demo, or your general thoughts if other games you've played have done clever things with in these kinds of situations that could be used in this game.

I look forward to hearing what you all think :)

scrapser
06-25-2017, 03:54 AM
Quoting FC2 wouldn't disprove your assertion that the tutorial prompts in FC3 continue to "get worse" the further into the game you progress, which is what you claimed, which is what I called an exaggeration...which was accurate. And don't worry, I was never going to interpret the claim that someone has played the same game 60+ times as a boast of some sort...

Okay...good. I now see what you were focusing on previously with the word, "exaggeration". I shouldn't have said, "get worse". What I meant was it never stops occurring. So, my bad.

HorTyS
06-25-2017, 05:19 AM
I'd love to see two things,

1) Variation in challenges for the same towns, for instance guards are in different places, there are different security measures used etc for the same place. This would help co-oping with a friend be even more fun as well as the same locations would provide different experiences.

2) Higher difficulty levels should do more than just make you easier to kill and the enemy absorb more bullets. So this could mean that security weak spots would be closed up, for example a tower that's unguarded in lower difficulty levels would have a guard or two in higher difficulty levels. Or tunnels would have traps that would need disarming, more patrols in different areas of the town etc in higher difficulty levels. Too often I feel that enemy placement is generic and unimaginative, for example the tower in the E3 demo being unguarded irritated me because that would never happen in a situation where there was a human with even half a brain involved in guarding that town. So I hope something is done so I feel that the enemy has some intelligence and planning into how they are guarding a town, not just, lets stand around or just walk up and down the main street, if that happens it would be very disappointing. But I wasn't able to play myself, I just saw the videos so maybe others here can shed some light on this from what they experienced in the demo, or your general thoughts if other games you've played have done clever things with in these kinds of situations that could be used in this game.

I look forward to hearing what you all think :)
1) Yeah, I don't remember if it was in this thread or another but we were talking about something similar. There was discussion about how we had a desire for enemy raids on liberated outposts or towns should come with the potential of those towns being re-taken by the enemy faction. I think this would both keep the world from eventually being completely controlled by the player (and hence devoid of enemy encounters) and also provide the perfect opportunity to change up the enemy layout in an outpost/ town. So if an enemy attacks one of your outposts, and you either don't come to it's aid or you die during it, that town should be put back under control of the Pegi's, this time with a different patrol layout than the last, and maybe some other heightened defenses like a mortar or gun emplacement that wasn't there before... That could be a pretty cool little event....

2) On this point I sort of see things differently. For one, the enemy in this game are not military trained, tactically minded hostiles, they are aggressive, brain-washed civilians who were once just every day residents of the area, so I think not taking over the town in a militaristic fashion and having organized, disciplined patrols actually sort of makes sense. You also have to think that we do not know at what point in the game the e3 demo is taking place, if it is early in the game, the cult has no reason to suspect that there will be anyone coming to oppose them really, and even if they did, they would only think it's the player, so I doubt they'd feel like one guy (or girl) doesn't pose much of a threat. I don't think until late into the game the enemies should be acting like there is much of a threat because until the start of this game they've not had much opposition. For all we know that sort of hubris of the enemy could be addressed in the game at some point...

Okay...good. I now see what you were focusing on previously with the word, "exaggeration". I shouldn't have said, "get worse". What I meant was it never stops occurring. So, my bad.

Well, even saying that it never stops occurring wouldn't be all that accurate because it really only happens when you encounter something for the first time and so eventually it stops because you've encountered everything, and I'd say that happens less than a quarter into the game for the most part, at least until you get to the 2nd island and they teach you a few other things.

angryfudgepop
06-28-2017, 04:49 AM
Fortresses you can take over. Like the ones in Far Cry 4.

HorTyS
06-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Fortresses you can take over. Like the ones in Far Cry 4.

They potentially return, though nothing official, but similar to FC4 there are 4 total antagonists each controlling a quadrant of the map so maybe you make your way to a stronghold going through their story-lines and confront them at their fortress for a final confrontation... it's a possibility...

Gr4nt8r0dy
06-29-2017, 09:22 AM
i really like the kill moves with the machete they should make more of those in 4 they added them from cars and behind cover so in this one they could add one so if you run at a guy and crouch slide you can do a kill from the slide and we shud be able to shoot while we slide and maybe a perk were it does slow motion if we aim while sliding or jumping like that game horizon zero dawn

HorTyS
06-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Sliding takedowns and slo-mo actions? This dude is speakin' my language!

angryfudgepop
06-29-2017, 07:36 PM
They were a good addition to the game. Unlocking them should get you some weapon unlocks.

GameGuru2017
06-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Dear developers, please, don't make the game Childish! As I know Far Cry 5 is something like 18+!?! It means that mostly adults will play this game. It means that the game should be closer to reality! In all aspects. No Lure, as it was in Far Cry4, when you throwing it and bear is coming and killing half of armed avanpost - it so fake and far from reality. Don't go to far with animals! They must not constatntly attacking you......we are not in the Zoo! Realism will make the game more hardcore, more emotional, more juicy! We need game for adults! Tough situation, abusive language, sex, gripping storyline, suspense, thriller, tragedy....to overcome real difficulties in the game...not sensless Bang-Bang! Childishness will kill the game.

HorTyS
06-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Dear developers, please, don't make the game Childish! As I know Far Cry 5 is something like 18+!?! It means that mostly adults will play this game. It means that the game should be closer to reality! In all aspects. No Lure, as it was in Far Cry4, when you throwing it and bear is coming and killing half of armed avanpost - it so fake and far from reality. Don't go to far with animals! They must not constatntly attacking you......we are not in the Zoo! Realism will make the game more hardcore, more emotional, more juicy! We need game for adults! Tough situation, abusive language, sex, gripping storyline, suspense, thriller, tragedy....to overcome real difficulties in the game...not sensless Bang-Bang! Childishness will kill the game.

Going overboard on realism at the expense of fun & entertainment will kill the game for some. I can get behind pumping the breaks on animal aggressiveness & encounter frequency & such, but I enjoy the over-the-top, high-octane pace the game has (when you want it to). I also really love the stealth and how you can be stealthy yet still very aggressive about it and be super fast. I do think they could take far more advantage of the M rating and give the violence & gore a bit more 'umph' though. If I snipe someone with a .50 cal, their head should pop like a melon. Blasting someone in the leg with shotgun up close should pulverize that thing...

GameGuru2017
06-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Don't exaggerate! Total realism is impossible in the game (unfortunately). But making a childish charade of the game is unacceptable! If you are consumer of cheap entertainment......than o.k! But we are talking about the game as serious Art. For example, if Boomer kills armed enemies by biting them....it will be catastrophy for the game! As for stealth - it was not so good. We still can not crawling in the game. But it is so natural to crawl in the bushes when you are sneaking up on enemies. Armies of all countries teaches you how to crawl first. Crawling will let us to approach closer to enemies and listen their "filthy" dialoges. More about stealth - don't make stealth mathematically predictable, easily calculable, when you can easily calculate where will go an enemy. Unexpectedness will make the game more exciting! For example, someone may suddenly call the enemy or something may happen and you will force to act in unpredictable situation. And more, developers, don't let us to shoot down all the avanpost from the tower, like chickens! May be one man or two....but not more. Enemies also must have brains and hide in the shelter after first sniper killing. Please, give our enemies some IQ!

HorTyS
06-30-2017, 02:55 PM
Don't exaggerate! Total realism is impossible in the game (unfortunately). But making a childish charade of the game is unacceptable! If you are consumer of cheap entertainment......than o.k! But we are talking about the game as serious Art. For example, if Boomer kills armed enemies by biting them....it will be catastrophy for the game! As for stealth - it was not so good. We still can not crawling in the game. But it is so natural to crawl in the bushes when you are sneaking up on enemies. Armies of all countries teaches you how to crawl first. Crawling will let us to approach closer to enemies and listen their "filthy" dialoges. More about stealth - don't make stealth mathematically predictable, easily calculable, when you can easily calculate where will go an enemy. Unexpectedness will make the game more exciting! For example, someone may suddenly call the enemy or something may happen and you will force to act in unpredictable situation. And more, developers, don't let us to shoot down all the avanpost from the tower, like chickens! May be one man or two....but not more. Enemies also must have brains and hide in the shelter after first sniper killing. Please, give our enemies some IQ!

Now who's exaggerating? We already know that boomer can kill armed hostiles, so I suppose the game is a catastrophe already. I have heard that the full game may have the ability to go prone, not that that is something I'm particularly concerned with, but it sounds like it may be possible in the full game. If you don't like boomer being able to take down gun packing baddies, just don't use boomer in the game. For me, "total realism" would negatively impact the game and I'd probably lose interest in the series if they went that route with it, thankfully it doesn't look to be doing that so ....

scrapser
06-30-2017, 04:29 PM
I think the dog should be an asset where it enhances perception if near you (the dog has the ability not you). And the dog would be able to attack an enemy in a pinch sort of like a buddy. But please no tagging or stealth attacks. That is over the top. For recon either sneak around yourself or use a drone (the game should have drones). They could be made out of toy helicopters found at the local hobby store and available to be stolen just like tools, gear and weapons as I mentioned in the other thread. Make the game believable.

HorTyS
06-30-2017, 07:18 PM
I think the dog should be an asset where it enhances perception if near you (the dog has the ability not you). And the dog would be able to attack an enemy in a pinch sort of like a buddy. But please no tagging or stealth attacks. That is over the top. For recon either sneak around yourself or use a drone (the game should have drones). They could be made out of toy helicopters found at the local hobby store and available to be stolen just like tools, gear and weapons as I mentioned in the other thread. Make the game believable.

Yeah I gotta say FC5's whole focus on AI allies is not my favorite thing. To me thats probably the thing I'm most 'irked' about with this entry. I preferred the lone wolf style of previous entries but with the option for coop. I don't think I'll utilize the GFH/FFH much. The tagging is something that I use occasionally, but I do think it's implementation could use some improvements. My idea was for us to have to actually press a button to tag someone when using the camera/ binos. This would virtually eliminate accidental tagging, and make it a much more deliberate choice. I always disable aimed tagging with the weapons, but even using the camera it should not be automatic imo.

A hobby store existing out in rural MT is not really any more believable than a dog attacking someone on command though. I'd thought about drones as well but didn't think they'd fit this game considering its setting & premise. Maybe for a game that took place in a more militarized scenario where someone with that sort of tech could give you access. Maybe in FC5 if you met a friendly character who made his personal drone into a scouting tool for you after you do a mission for him? I guess that could work, as like a mission reward....

scrapser
07-01-2017, 04:45 AM
Yeah I gotta say FC5's whole focus on AI allies is not my favorite thing. To me thats probably the thing I'm most 'irked' about with this entry. I preferred the lone wolf style of previous entries but with the option for coop. I don't think I'll utilize the GFH/FFH much. The tagging is something that I use occasionally, but I do think it's implementation could use some improvements. My idea was for us to have to actually press a button to tag someone when using the camera/ binos. This would virtually eliminate accidental tagging, and make it a much more deliberate choice. I always disable aimed tagging with the weapons, but even using the camera it should not be automatic imo.

A hobby store existing out in rural MT is not really any more believable than a dog attacking someone on command though. I'd thought about drones as well but didn't think they'd fit this game considering its setting & premise. Maybe for a game that took place in a more militarized scenario where someone with that sort of tech could give you access. Maybe in FC5 if you met a friendly character who made his personal drone into a scouting tool for you after you do a mission for him? I guess that could work, as like a mission reward....

A loyal dog/partner would be cool...like the dog in Gladiator or if you're a John Wayne fan...Big Jake. If attacked and the dog was within detection range it would come to your aid automatically...else you would be able to call it if you have time. A hobby store or a toy store. I admit if the town is small enough it would probably be unlikely. But maybe the town would have a general store with a variety of goods. In any case I think with all the drone stuff in the news and available online it would not be out of place with this Far Cry release.

HorTyS
07-01-2017, 08:05 AM
I mean honestly I'm having a hard enough time buying that Falls End, which they say has a population of 38, has a full automotive mechanic's shop. A settlement that small would be lucky to have a tiny gas station, let alone it's own full fledged auto-repair and church. I suppose the bar makes sense since all there would be to do would be to drink.... Heck the tiny town I grew up in had 11 places to buy alcohol in the 2 mile stretch of town....

The dog is about the only companion I can see myself using but I kinda don't like that it's primary function is an auto tagging thing. Hopefully there is an option to make it so dogs cannot tag enemies....

scrapser
07-02-2017, 05:13 AM
I mean honestly I'm having a hard enough time buying that Falls End, which they say has a population of 38, has a full automotive mechanic's shop. A settlement that small would be lucky to have a tiny gas station, let alone it's own full fledged auto-repair and church. I suppose the bar makes sense since all there would be to do would be to drink.... Heck the tiny town I grew up in had 11 places to buy alcohol in the 2 mile stretch of town....

The dog is about the only companion I can see myself using but I kinda don't like that it's primary function is an auto tagging thing. Hopefully there is an option to make it so dogs cannot tag enemies....

I agree 100%...especially about the dog tagging. I really hope that can be turned off.

I lived in Belt, Montana for a about 3 months in 1976. Population was 600. The post office, grocery store, hardware and bowling alley were all in one building. There was one restaurant, a movie theater, a bar and a Fire/Police station. One school up to grade 8. I can't remember where high school was. Everybody knew everybody else.

Belt made the news that winter when a train derailed halfway up the side of the valley right next to a gas station that had an above ground fuel tank. One of the train cars was propane and another was petroleum oil. The propane car hit the fuel tank and both exploded, igniting the petroleum car which by then was leaking and running like a river down the road into town and eventually into Belt Creek. There were 2 people at the gas station. They were never found. The only thing that remained of the gas station was the hydraulic lift which had completely melted around the lift piston. My father was there and said even though it was 3 degrees that day you could have run around outside naked from the heat. It took several years to clean all the oil globules from the creek. I would find them while trout fishing. One of the train cars was blown 300 feet from the tracks.

Check this link:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2017/05/20/belt-holocaust-survivor-torn-down/333791001/

HorTyS
07-02-2017, 09:18 AM
I agree 100%...especially about the dog tagging. I really hope that can be turned off.

I lived in Belt, Montana for a about 3 months in 1976. Population was 600. The post office, grocery store, hardware and bowling alley were all in one building. There was one restaurant, a movie theater, a bar and a Fire/Police station. One school up to grade 8. I can't remember where high school was. Everybody knew everybody else.

Belt made the news that winter when a train derailed halfway up the side of the valley right next to a gas station that had an above ground fuel tank. One of the train cars was propane and another was petroleum oil. The propane car hit the fuel tank and both exploded, igniting the petroleum car which by then was leaking and running like a river down the road into town and eventually into Belt Creek. There were 2 people at the gas station. They were never found. The only thing that remained of the gas station was the hydraulic lift which had completely melted around the lift piston. My father was there and said even though it was 3 degrees that day you could have run around outside naked from the heat. It took several years to clean all the oil globules from the creek. I would find them while trout fishing. One of the train cars was blown 300 feet from the tracks.

Check this link:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2017/05/20/belt-holocaust-survivor-torn-down/333791001/

That whole story makes me think of the train mission on FC2 where a buddy mission has you helping him after he derails the train up the tracks from the station... I think the first time I played marty alencar was my buddy and he died on that mission....

scrapser
07-02-2017, 03:37 PM
That whole story makes me think of the train mission on FC2 where a buddy mission has you helping him after he derails the train up the tracks from the station... I think the first time I played marty alencar was my buddy and he died on that mission....

That's a tough mission sometimes. I always try to sneak up on the roof of the big building in the rail yard where the sniper is standing and crawl near him when he has his back to me. I drop down through the roofing onto a steel girder to get to the diamond case on top of a train car and while I'm there toss a grenade at the railroad car that is the mission goal. Then I quickly hightail it out of there, make my way through the big field on the other side of the tracks with all the huge boulders to get to the assault truck on the far side of the whole complex. If I can manage that the enemy usually gets into one of the big service trucks and chases me to the northwest corner of the map. After dealing with the truck I go to the safe house there and clear it if I haven't already, refresh and then drive over to the train derailment. I use the truck to run over some of the enemy and my M49 grenade launcher to take out the rest. My buddy clears the remnants if not wounded or killed.

I have always enjoyed how my strategies have evolved over playing the campaign many times. I'm at the point where I set my own personal goals to keep things interesting. I always try to keep my accuracy percentage as high as possible. I found you can take out 2, sometimes even three enemies with a single shot from the sniper rifle if you can position yourself and wait for them to line up one behind the other and aim for the head. It takes patience but can be done. You can also aim at one standing still and wait for another to walk in front of him...again aiming at the head. That's the only way it will work.

Canadian Beer42
07-06-2017, 05:11 PM
More dangerous aquatic animals.

-SNAPPING TURTLE, find them in/near lakes, rivers, and ponds, sitting on logs, replaces the crocodile

- SMALL FRESHWATER SHARKS, find them in lakes and rivers, swimmin about

- OTTERS, find them in/near lakes and rivers, typically in their den.

- BEAVERS, find them in/near lakes and rivers, typically in their lodges.

All of these having a sick *** animation with them.

scrapser
07-07-2017, 12:27 AM
According to information on how far Bull Sharks have traveled up the Mississippi river, they have only made it up to Illinois. Montana seems unlikely, especially since the Missouri has a lot of hydro-electric dams as well as regular dams. Turtles are to be found mainly in the eastern part of the state but not in the Rocky Mountain region. Most of the rivers and streams are fed by snow melt which tends to be pretty cold. I used to fish for Brook Trout in a beaver pond out near the town of Geyser. The water was so clear you could see the fish and know where to cast your line. Ran into a Black Bear one time but my dog chased it away. Lots of good memories in Montana. I hope the game does it justice.

HorTyS
07-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Really if they're going for any sort of accuracy there will be no dangerous aquatic creatures... Pike would be about the only thing close and they're not going to be aggressive nor are they very big...

scrapser
07-07-2017, 04:28 AM
Really if they're going for any sort of accuracy there will be no dangerous aquatic creatures... Pike would be about the only thing close and they're not going to be aggressive nor are they very big...

You're wrong! What about crayfish? Imagine having one of them latch on to your big toe while wading across a stream. LOL

HorTyS
07-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Aquatic dangers are just another reason Africa is the ultimate location. Imagine being in a small skiff & having a hippo chase you in the water and potentially flip you out of your boat! Then having to scurry to shore in order to fend it off... Man, Africa is just full of every potential great element.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7GkqwxG08

Oh and another "thing I would love to see in the game" is a New Game + mode! Would be great fun starting a new game with all skills & all weapons and just absolutely wrecking shop on the peggies..

MAN-OR-BEAR
07-10-2017, 03:58 PM
A choice of skins for Boomer! What would be cooler than to be able to take your own dog into battle... give me a bulldog skin!!!

HorTyS
07-10-2017, 07:05 PM
A choice of skins for Boomer! What would be cooler than to be able to take your own dog into battle... give me a bulldog skin!!!

Pretty sure you can have different dogs than just boomer, he's just the example in the trailer, though I doubt little bulldogs would be one of the options.

Steal the sample.

Best innovative game mode that only ever existed in a Far Cry game.

I remember it just being CTF basically...

HorTyS
07-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Pretty sure you can have different dogs than just boomer, he's just the example in the trailer, though I doubt little bulldogs would be one of the options.

Steal the sample.

Best innovative game mode that only ever existed in a Far Cry game.

Fallen-Champ
07-18-2017, 04:14 PM

With Far Cry 2's Capture The Diamond you had to press a key or button when prompted to pick it up, I know it doesn't sound like a lot but that blink of an eye animation was at times a pain as most situations you are under fire when this happens.

With Steal the Sample that was only available with the original Instincts and Far Cry Instincts Predator games you just ran up to the sample and it auto attached.
Now while carrying you could only use specific weapons which were small arms fire mostly so pistols and AK47 / P90 etc.

these games allowed us to duel wield so with some weapons we could hold and fire 2 at the same time, while carrying the sample this was also not allowed, you could throw the sample to the floor and then switch to a sniper rifle / grenade launcher or even duel wield while not carrying - once you pick up again those weapons can't be used, because of this you got a lot of players playing attack and defend because sharp shooters and those who like the power weapons tended to hold back where the run and gunners became sample carriers - it worked very well in my opinion.

The best part is that you could throw this sample, it only had a set height so no doubt the same height and distance as a grenade - most people as they were about to die would turn and throw it towards their team or away from the attacker.

Some of us would place the sample in the enemies base so each team started with it and only had to regain their own teams sample & make the steal, they worded this as double assault, another custom mode we called assault where only one team could score - this team again started with the enemies sample so it was attack and defend.

Throwing it down from height it would keep going until it hit something so this worked very well with multi height maps - I really hope one day that we get a mode like this back again, CTF was always a mode associated with Far Cry until Far Cry 3 which brought in forced random spawns (no good for that mode)

Far Cry 4 did the Demon Mask mode where the mask spawns and either team can pick it up, you then take it to one of two drop off areas, it was ok not a bad mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ExjCAkG_k&t=469s

Unfortunately the guy playing is more of an attacker and rarely carries the sample so you don't see it get thrown :(

HorTyS
07-18-2017, 06:13 PM
No. There were no flags in STS. Huge difference. You must be thinking of CTD which is similar but has diamonds instead of flags.

I think you could throw the sample or something.

Bomb Defusal would be a good mode like in CS.

I was speaking more generally. No flags but the rules are the same as CTF, it's just a sample instead of a flag. I recall the carrier would have a smoke flare effect when carrying the sample so you know who had it?.. and yeah you could throw it, you could throw the flag in some Halo games. My point is, the basics of the game were CTF rules.... it wasn't some huge new innovative mode that had never been conceived of before....

Maybe for FC5 it could be a neutral "flag" that is instead the Eden's Gate cult's bible we have to try to steal back as the cult or to deny it from them as the resistance! haha

Fallen-Champ
07-18-2017, 09:29 PM
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1579/15794034/3247306-fc5_screenshots_cult_170612_215pmpt_1497256399.jpg

Funny as I thought that when I 1st saw that picture above.
With FC2 there was colored smoke depending which team you were and with Instincts the sample glowed quite bright, easy to spot at night.

MikeJDRW
07-23-2017, 04:27 AM
According to information on how far Bull Sharks have traveled up the Mississippi river, they have only made it up to Illinois. Montana seems unlikely, especially since the Missouri has a lot of hydro-electric dams as well as regular dams. Turtles are to be found mainly in the eastern part of the state but not in the Rocky Mountain region. Most of the rivers and streams are fed by snow melt which tends to be pretty cold. I used to fish for Brook Trout in a beaver pond out near the town of Geyser. The water was so clear you could see the fish and know where to cast your line. Ran into a Black Bear one time but my dog chased it away. Lots of good memories in Montana. I hope the game does it justice.

Also in the rivers- beaver to trap, snapping-turtles, snakes of all sorts - poisonous and non. Bald/Golden eagles, red tail hawks, Grizz and black bear...Wolves a-plenty, and since they're becoming a nuisance almost everywhere how about some wild hogs - the type with the razor incissors like we had in FC4? Lots of cattle, their horns can be deadly in a stampede.

HorTyS
07-29-2017, 09:03 AM
Another thing I'd really enjoy in a FC game would be NewGame+! Being able to start the game over with all our upgrades/perks/ weapons would be highly enjoyable, if not massively over-powered, but it's a 2nd playthrough, it's all in fun...

HorTyS
07-29-2017, 08:42 PM
With tougher enemies since the beginning.

Eh, either way. Playing on new game + would be more about the power fantasy, so whether the enemies are stronger or not you're going to be OP starting the game with everything.

HorTyS
07-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Would you go even further and play the game in god mode?

No. :nonchalance: What I just described basically already would be, but no sense in completely eliminating the possibility of dying....

Gr4nt8r0dy
07-30-2017, 02:55 AM
Another thing I'd really enjoy in a FC game would be NewGame+! Being able to start the game over with all our upgrades/perks/ weapons would be highly enjoyable, if not massively over-powered, but it's a 2nd playthrough, it's all in fun...

oh that would be fun i know when i replayed far cry 4 like the 8th time with a friend in coop who had beat the game i had him get me all the weapons early on so i had all the best guns when taking all the early outposts and it was a lot of fun sometimes just barging the enemy with overwhelming force and with the best gear is a blast

HorTyS
07-30-2017, 08:49 PM
I can imagine it would be fun just killing everything but I would personally be bored without any objectives or challenges. The game would be dead to me apart from the map editor of course.

However, if I beat the game on the hardest level - I would want an even more difficult level. Once you have all the perks and skills and weapons, why not continue a new game with all of those but make all the AI and outposts and everything else much harder to beat?

For me, just randomly walking around shooting animals and looking for fun moments is just a complete waste of my time. I want to achieve something.

Often times I give my self objectives or goals to achieve and set my own personal challenges. Take this outpost using only X weapon, or only takedowns, things like that.

Oh and I just thought of another thing I'd like to see, what if when we do a drag takdown, if we held the R3 button down as we're draggin we pick the enemy up and that way can move that little bit faster? Seems like an easy enough addition...

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-01-2017, 02:36 AM
there is a game called dishonored that does that you can stealth kill or choke an enemy and pick them up right away without the body falling over first

HorTyS
08-06-2017, 01:05 AM
there is a game called dishonored that does that you can stealth kill or choke an enemy and pick them up right away without the body falling over first

That's right, and it should work very similar to that if they were to do it. Great example, that's exactly what I'm talking about.