PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order exclusive items are now part of the season pass?

ScarIette
05-16-2017, 03:52 PM
This stuff was advertised as not being available any other way. Also, the colors have been broken for months. I feel a bit cheated here.

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 04:07 PM
This stuff was advertised as not being available any other way. Also, the colors have been broken for months. I feel a bit cheated here.

Wait, they stole them from people who are genuinely entitled to them for pre-ordering the game, and now they are season pass only?

Seriously? :eek:

ScarIette
05-16-2017, 04:08 PM
Wait, they stole them from people who are genuinely entitled to them for pre-ordering the game, and now they are season pass only?

No, people who pre-ordered them still have them, but now you can buy the season pass to get them too. I'm just disappointed that they told us it was only available for a limited time when that is clearly not true now. I mean I wouldn't have pre-ordered it otherwise.

Patient_Fodder
In our old pre order colour missing topic:

Did they really make them part of the "season pass"? (And is it me or is Knight Attack now 2 red instead of 1 red and 1 grey, plus white? Could be mistaken.)
Seriously?

Father_Giliam

No. The colors were missing from everyones inventory until that was fixed this patch. They (may have?) added the pre-order bonus to the season pass as an extra incentive. If you pre-ordered the game, you still have access to the colors and symbols/paints.

Also to answer Patient's question, no, Knight Attack was always 2 red and a white. I'm sure of this, as it was a hard choice between using it and Red Wine, as Knight Attack has a better shade of white and red, but Red Wine has black for its symbols.

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 04:10 PM
No, people who pre-ordered them still have them, but now you can buy the season pass to get them too. I'm just disappointed that they told us it was only available for a limited time when that is clearly not true now. I mean I wouldn't have pre-ordered it otherwise.

Where are you getting that info from? Not saying you're wrong, but I can't find anything that says they have changed the Season Pass.

Did 1.07 put the colours back anyway? Like you say, they've been missing for ages with no sign of a fix, so I guess it's a bit redundant worrying about who can get them if it's not been fixed yet (my patch is still downloading, just got in from work).

Patient_Fodder
05-16-2017, 04:11 PM
No. The colors were missing from everyones inventory until that was fixed this patch. They added the pre-order bonus to the season pass as an extra incentive. If you pre-ordered the game, you still have access to the colors and symbols/paints.

Also to answer Patient's question, no, Knight Attack was always 2 red and a white.

With which they just took the "exclusive" part out of the preorder bonus. They were just too bloody lazy to create 3 new colour schemes as an incentive for buying the season pass.

ScarIette
05-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Where are you getting that info from? Not saying you're wrong, but I can't find anything that says they have changed the Season Pass.

Did 1.07 put the colours back anyway? Like you say, they've been missing for ages with no sign of a fix, so I guess it's a bit redundant worrying about who can get them if it's not been fixed yet (my patch is still downloading, just got in from work).

If you hover over the items in-game, it used to say "Available from pre-ordering the game."

It now says "Available from owning the season pass." or something similar.

Patient_Fodder
05-16-2017, 04:13 PM

The colours are back, be it that the attack one changed to double red. When you hover over them, they now however show as "part of the season pass".,

Father_Giliam
05-16-2017, 04:14 PM
With which they just took the "exclusive" part out of the preorder bonus. They were just too bloody lazy to create 3 new colour schemes as an incentive for buying the season pass.

Boo hoo, its color palettes. Also, the "exclusive," was never fully detailed. Could of very easily been a "timed exclusive," like most pre-order bonuses.

The colours are back, be it that the attack one changed to double red.

No it didn't, has always been double red.

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 04:15 PM
The colours are back, be it that the attack one changed to double red. When you hover over them, they now however show as "part of the season pass".,

Ah okay, cheers for the info :)

Patient_Fodder
05-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Boo hoo, its color palettes. Also, the "exlusive," was never fully detailed. Could of very easily been a "timed exclusive," like most pre-order bonuses.

That's where you are wrong, I still have the screenshot of the "exclusive preorder offer" page on Uplay. As for the rest, not worthy of any response.

Father_Giliam
05-16-2017, 04:22 PM
That's where you are wrong, I still have the screenshot of the "exclusive preorder offer" page on Uplay. As for the rest, not worthy of any response.

Provide the screenshot where it explicitly goes into detail what the offer itself is. It was purposely vauge so they could change it later on.

Also, "not worthy of any response," meaning you aren't sure yourself. I'm guessing you thought it was grey initally because you used it with the Templar Crosses? They have a black/dark grey tint to them regardless of what pallete used

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Also to answer Patient's question, no, Knight Attack was always 2 red and a white. I'm sure of this, as it was a hard choice between using it and Red Wine, as Knight Attack has a better shade of white and red, but Red Wine has black for its symbols.

This is old Knight Attack, as modelled by my Berserker. Screenshot taken weeks ago when people first started to complain about them being missing.

http://i64.tinypic.com/ek54yt.png

There was a patch that came out a week early for PC (1.05?) and that removed the colours for PC players. When those guys began to complain one of the mods seemed to have no idea what colours people meant, so I took this shot in case I needed it later, assuming when the patch hit it would also remove them from my console, which it did.

Anyway, you can see it was Red, White and Grey.

Patient_Fodder
05-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Provide the screenshot where it explicitly goes into detail what the offer itself is. It was purposely vauge so they could change it later on.

Also, "not worthy of any response," meaning you aren't sure yourself. I'm guessing you thought it was grey initally because you used it with the Templar Crosses? They have a black/dark grey tint to them regardless of what pallete used

The screenshot will be added to my open support ticket. I am not going to argue with, nor prove anything on this forum, to any user. The only emblems which changed were the ones on the shoulders as far as I could see. Valid remark with regards to the crosses, I did not specify the items.

Patient_Fodder
05-16-2017, 04:27 PM
This is old Knight Attack, as modelled by my Berserker. Screenshot taken weeks ago when people first started to complain about them being missing.

There was a patch that came out a week early for PC (1.05?) and that removed the colours for PC players. When those guys began to complain one of the mods seemed to have no idea what colours people meant, so I took this shot in case I needed it later, assuming when the patch hit it would also remove them from my console, which it did.

Thank you kindly sir.

Monstrance
05-16-2017, 04:28 PM

I don't think anyone is denying it was purposely ambiguous to mislead people but that doesn't make it less scummy. Also, I'm guessing he said it wasn't worthy of a response because your personal value of the items ("just color palettes") is irrelevant to the situation.

Father_Giliam
05-16-2017, 04:28 PM

Mine has always been Red? Was this a difference in PC vs Xbox then? That seems extremely weird.

Wait a minute, thats on a Viking. They have a seperate one named Viking Attack that is red/white/black, atleast on console. Why is it named Knight Attack there?

Patient_Fodder
05-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Mine has always been Red? Was this a difference in PC vs Xbox then? That seems extremely weird.

I play on PC.

Father_Giliam
05-16-2017, 04:32 PM
I play on PC.

There may have been a disparity between the two. Whats weird is thats the correct color pallete for Vikings, called Viking Attack, but it has the name of Knight Attack. The Knight's color pallete has always been 2 red 1 white on console. Possible on PC the Knight Attack was copied from the Vikings for awhile?

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 04:36 PM
There may have been a disparity between the two. Whats weird is thats the correct color pallete for Vikings, called Viking Attack, but it has the name of Knight Attack. The Knight's color pallete has always been 2 red 1 white on console. Possible on PC the Knight Attack was mislabeled or something..

They were always like that on mine. I assumed that was just the name of the colour scheme. Same for the defense ones. I have another screenshot of her wearing the defense colour scheme and it is called 'Knight Defense'

Father_Giliam
05-16-2017, 04:43 PM
They were always like that on mine. I assumed that was just the name of the colour scheme. Same for the defense ones. I have another screenshot of her wearing the defense colour scheme and it is called 'Knight Defense'

Hmm. Definitely check when your download is done. Just took this picture a few minutes ago.

http://i.imgur.com/bxYeSwy.jpg

Its correctly labeled now. Seems as though what happened was that Viking Attack was mislabeled (never noticed the name myself while looking at Vikings/Samurai), and on PC was on the Knights instead of the correct Knight Attack pallete, but this wasn't the case on console. I would love it if the Viking Attack were on Knights. Its not as though the choice was due to Red Wine, as the other Factions have that aswell and they both get a red/black/white pallete from the Legacy Pack (although the red on Samurai is leaning a bit toward orange).

DarkOmen.
05-16-2017, 07:28 PM
The preorder outfits and ornaments or basically everything that was preorder, now says its unlocked with the season pass.

DrExtrem
05-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Great.

Another broken promise.

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Kinda lame. It's superficial fluff so I'm not about to threaten a lawsuit or anything (forum in-joke) but yeah, selling something as a pre-order bonus then later changing it to be a something else bonus undermines the nature / exclusivity of the pre-order bonus, surely.

Valor_Ash
05-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Was actually about to open a ticket as I thought my game got bugged with new patch (alongside the sound execution, character doesn't perform the full emote - gets interrupted etc..)

Is this intended or a bug?

I also pre-ordered the game. Now everyone has their own opinion here, but my main reason was to show off with my pre-order bonuses (don't judge me ;p).

If its intended, well.. doesn't make much difference for me, but still would like a reply from the devs to clear things out.

ScarIette
05-19-2017, 12:41 AM
Was actually about to open a ticket as I thought my game got bugged with new patch (alongside the sound execution, character doesn't perform the full emote - gets interrupted etc..)

Is this intended or a bug?

I also pre-ordered the game. Now everyone has their own opinion here, but my main reason was to show off with my pre-order bonuses (don't judge me ;p).

If its intended, well.. doesn't make much difference for me, but still would like a reply from the devs to clear things out.
I think it's intended. Slap in the face to the most loyal players but they already took our money so that's that.

Link0327
05-19-2017, 01:44 AM

I disagree. I pre-ordered the game and I loved the Attack/Defence/Neutral colors that came with, but now the game has taken them away from me and the only way I can access them is by buying the season pass

Father_Giliam
05-19-2017, 02:22 AM
I disagree. I pre-ordered the game and I loved the Attack/Defence/Neutral colors that came with, but now the game has taken them away from me and the only way I can access them is by buying the season pass

Do you have the legacy pack still installed? If you do and you no longer have access you should contact support.

Gray360UK
05-19-2017, 03:39 AM

They came back with the Season 2 patch, in case you haven't checked.

I pre-ordered and I have all of them again :)