PDA

View Full Version : Centurian

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 02:21 AM
Does anyone know why the centurian is using pants?
i mean thats barbarian fashion...
imagining a roman with pants its weird :nonchalance:

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 02:38 AM
Does anyone know why the centurian is using pants?
i mean thats barbarian fashion...
imagining a roman with pants its weird :nonchalance:

Romans began wearing pants around late 3rd century C.E. The Western Empire lasted 300 more years after that, and the Eastern Empire 1,300 years... Rome has a REALLY long history, and pants are certainly a part of it :)

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 02:50 AM
true but while rome history is huge the staple point was the time of the fall of the republic. and at that time pants, long hair and beard were barbarian features highly disliked by roman..

Bjron_Ironside
05-16-2017, 02:56 AM
Yea I wish he didn't have them. I want to show the world them THICC thighs!

xLeapingLizardx
05-16-2017, 03:58 AM
Why is the Centurian being called Centurian instead of Centurion? :p

I'd guess it is mostly because they take the Centurion and apply their style to him. Their style includes adding pants.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 04:03 AM
well in my language is Centurião so i ​misspelled it in english :\ sorry :P

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 06:03 AM
true but while rome history is huge the staple point was the time of the fall of the republic. and at that time pants, long hair and beard were barbarian features highly disliked by roman..

Staple point according to Holliwood and popular imagery maybe, but not historians and history buffs! :D

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 07:28 PM
so pray tell, what do your historians think is the staple of roman history is, if not the period between punic wars and the first emperor...
because your historians must be different from mine. maybe byzantines ones..

AkenoKobayashi
05-16-2017, 09:16 PM
The Samurai are all wearing hardened wood armor instead of plated steel, so....deal with it.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 09:32 PM
so if something is wrong we do nothing, just accept it?
dark times ahead for humanity with that ideology...

TheMalakith
05-16-2017, 09:39 PM

Not really true. Beards where fashion when the emperor had a beard, so there were times the soldiers actually had them. Pants were also worn in the cold north as they would otherwise freeze to death. And not only at the fall of the republic. Later on it became more common.

Saying it's inaccurate of them to wear pants is just as silly as calling it inaccurate because he's not wearing red.

xLeapingLizardx
05-16-2017, 09:41 PM
so if something is wrong we do nothing, just accept it?
dark times ahead for humanity with that ideology...

Bruh it Is just a game with their ideas and art direction based off of historical information but not historically accurate...
To equate being ok with something in a game that we may not like to dark times for humanity is just ridiculous..

That's like if I drew a knight holding a pistol and you say I cant do that and that just because it has a knight it must be historically accurate... It is my art and my vision for my art, you can't tell me what it can and cannot be...

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Not really true. Beards where fashion when the emperor had a beard, so there were times the soldiers actually had them. Pants were also worn in the cold north as they would otherwise freeze to death. And not only at the fall of the republic. Later on it became more common.

Saying it's inaccurate of them to wear pants is just as silly as calling it inaccurate because he's not wearing red.

dude ur mixing your roman history alot, first emperor to use beard was hadrian 100 years after the staple period. at the time of the fall of the repuplic, gallia was a recent addition to the empire so not many romans lived up north and pants were considered a barbarian attire.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Bruh it Is just a game with their ideas and art direction based off of historical information but not historically accurate...
To equate being ok with something in a game that we may not like to dark times for humanity is just ridiculous..

That's like if I drew a knight holding a pistol and you say I cant do that and that just because it has a knight it must be historically accurate... It is my art and my vision for my art, you can't tell me what it can and cannot be...

ofc you are correct but its is still annoying to see pants on a roman :(

TheMalakith
05-16-2017, 10:29 PM
dude ur mixing your roman history alot, first emperor to use beard was hadrian 100 years after the staple period. at the time of the fall of the repuplic, gallia was a recent addition to the empire so not many romans lived up north and pants were considered a barbarian attire.

Beards were normal for romans and it's soldiers untill king Lucius Tarquinius Priscus (6th century B.C.), which encourage people to shave. Before that trimmed beards where normal for soldiers. Fully shaven wasn't a fashion untill the late Roman Republic, including soldiers.

And i'm talking about the fact that romans DID wear pants, i'm not discussing the period because it really doesn't matter a whole lot. It's odd that you're even bothered by him wearing trousers while his armor isn't even Roman and that he fight's without a Scutum.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Beards were normal for romans and it's soldiers untill king Lucius Tarquinius Priscus (6th century), which encourage people to shave. Before that trimmed beards where normal for soldiers. Fully shaven wasn't a fashion untill the late Roman Republic, including soldiers.

And i'm talking about the fact that romans DID wear pants, i'm not discussing the period because it really doesn't matter a whole lot. It's odd that you're even bothered by him wearing trousers while his armor isn't even Roman and that he fight's without a Scutum.

6TH CENTURY? :)
ok u forgot the bc. besides that your 1st paragraph is correct wich only reinforces whay im saying....
as for the pants only cavalry used them in the late republic, and we all know the mighty cavalry of the romans ;)

as for the armor i see the for honor centurion more like a gladiator who stole a army helm than a soldier ;) i just want him to look more roman...

TheMalakith
05-16-2017, 10:46 PM
6TH CENTURY? :)
ok u forgot the bc. besides that your 1st paragraph is correct wich only reinforces whay im saying....
as for the pants only cavalry used them in the late republic, and we all know the mighty cavalry of the romans ;)

as for the armor i see the for honor centurion more like a gladiator who stole a army helm that a soldier ;) i just want him to look more roman...

Well, since i'm talking about a Roman king before the Roman Republic, you could guess its BC, but my bad.

Anyway, I agree that Centurion doesn't really fit the character, Gladiator would have fitted the character more...but people would probably start complaining that it doesn't look like a Gladiator. I personally like him wearing pants, he would look out of place if they made him to historically accurate since the rest of the characters aren't either.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 10:56 PM
Well, since i'm talking about a Roman king before the Roman Republic, you could guess its BC, but my bad.

Anyway, I agree that Centurion doesn't really fit the character, Gladiator would have fitted the character more...but people would probably start complaining that it doesn't look like a Gladiator. I personally like him wearing pants, he would look out of place if they made him to historically accurate since the rest of the characters aren't either.

I could but anyone not knowledgeable in history will not, if presenting a fact never leave relevant data.

"he would look out of place if they made him to historically accurate since the rest of the characters aren't either" i cant think of an argument on that one :)

TheMalakith
05-16-2017, 10:58 PM
I could but anyone not knowledgeable in history will not, if presenting a fact never leave relevant data.

"he would look out of place if they made him to historically accurate since the rest of the characters aren't either" i cant think of an argument on that one :)

I am actually pretty annoyed each time I see that naruto ninja guy running though. Do you like that one more? :P

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 11:04 PM
hehe not really
but i guess im more protective of my ancentral cultures like romans or knights.
it would be great if a piece of entertainment like FH would also spread tiny bits of true history to the masses instead of disinformation but hey, first world problems...