PDA

View Full Version : Season Two World Premiere

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 09:45 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144080628 The youtube video no longer works but the whole stream is still on twitch.

So, world premiere, There isn't all that much to blow by blow for the most part, the bulk of the stream was 1v1's with the new patch. Four groups of four and top two advancing to the dominion are below for any interested.

Stream is LIVE

Round Robin, sixteen players split into four groups, top two of each will be split into team Shadow and Team Might for dominion.

Group A
PeteMoo
Strippin
Fatal-Feit
Fairlight Excalibur

Petemoo 1st Fatal-Feit 2nd

Group B
Avarustyrannus
Scottjund
Sypherpk
Durandal_Craft

Sypher 1st Durandal 2nd

Group C
Sacriel
FSD Rikuto
Iskys
Karnage_Apollo

Iskys 1st Rikuto 2nd

Group D
Anthony Kongphan
Cartoonz
Rpgzieg
Tru3Ta1ent

Tru3Ta1ent 1st Cartoonz 2nd

They were split into Team Shadow and Team Might.

Team Shadow
PeteMoo, Durandal_Craft, Cartoonz, Iskys

Team Might
Tru3Ta1ent, Fatal-Feit, Sypherpk, Rikuto

Matchmaking is being improved, adding rep parameter. They are also wanting to add to the UI showing what is going behind the logic. There is no set date on this, they are working on it.

They are working on management of communication between players in the game.

They are testing tournament and ranking features. You have to go into tournaments to be ranked. They are working on test servers for tournaments and ranking as they roll those out, then they will try to use it for other things.

For me the duels were a bit meh, all the bad things that the community has been complaining about for ages in terms of the defensive meta. As a peacekeeper main I was pleased to see how Sacriel used her but it was also sad that he used about 90% more of her kit than Durandal did and got wrecked for it. The raider was a highlight, he looks a lot more viable now for me. They played a series of dominion games where one player on each team had the new heroes on a rotation basis, the new maps look very interesting and so do the new heroes, the dominion highlighted both just how little room for error the shinobi has and how dangerous they can be in the right hands, the centurion looks killer as well, I don't claim to be a tier expert but I suspect they will both be up there. They did a best of seven series that went all the way to match seven, this was so much better than the duel series, a lot of close games with teams in and out of breaking and 500 point swings from both teams.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 09:47 PM
So when EXACTLY does it drop for us in the US?

(I'm in the Central Timezone)

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 09:52 PM
I think they said 8 eastern, I know patches usually drop around 1 in the UK which is five hours ahead of eastern, no idea about central compared to eastern. If anyone sees the live video on youtube by the by let me know, it is usually up by now. I have google searched the title they gave it on twitch so might be missing it searching for the wrong thing.

Hillbill79
05-15-2017, 09:52 PM
8 mins

TheLastPandaa
05-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Where can we watch the stream? Can someone put here the link please?

Hillbill79
05-15-2017, 09:57 PM
2pm PDT is 10pm GBT. Which is 5pm est

3 minutes

I think they said 8 eastern, I know patches usually drop around 1 in the UK which is five hours ahead of eastern, no idea about central compared to eastern. If anyone sees the live video on youtube by the by let me know, it is usually up by now. I have google searched the title they gave it on twitch so might be missing it searching for the wrong thing.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 09:58 PM
2pm PDT is 10pm GBT. Which is 5pm est

I think he meant the patch.

This is the twitch link, I am keeping refreshing google looking for the youtube. https://www.twitch.tv/forhonorgame

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Video is now in the top post

Hillbill79
05-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Its on!

The dev stream anyway

Hillbill79
05-15-2017, 10:02 PM
3 hours of fights?

Night guys!

TheLastPandaa
05-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Thank you very muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch! <3 <3 <3

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Rooting for my man Sacriel.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:11 PM
That...was brutal. Sort of half watching it since I am listening for the news, but they spoke this guy up so much, I don't see him losing.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:21 PM
I wanna punch this Pete dude in the face.

The smugness on his face and the BMing is just pathetic.

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Wow, lookit how those good players dodge shove-lights and counter vortex. :rolleyes: ROFL

Guess things are a lot different when it's not practice bouts and fixed choreographed moments for YouTube movie magic, huh? :D

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:25 PM
This is just embarrassing to watch.

"Pro" players lol Yeah okay

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Fatal took Pete to the deciding round, should have won it or come closer, he lost an OoS punish chance.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:34 PM
I thought they fixed the feint into GB crap?

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:37 PM
I put the groups in the first post. Mostly it seems to be about fights, I know they said they would have interviews which is pretty much what I am listening for.

JibletHunter
05-15-2017, 10:38 PM
This is just embarrassing to watch.

"Pro" players lol Yeah okay

Tell me about it. Just finished my breakdown of the second match. Petemoo: 43 shoves into top light, 20 shoves into GB, 35 pure GB attempts, 2 zones, 0 pure heavies (without an initial GB or knockdown), 3 pure lights. With knockdown, 1 light, 1 heavy, and one feinted UB overhead.

The warden's numbers are even more pathetic, with more SB's (warden's shove equivalent) and 5 zones. No heavies, no lights without some sort of setup.

All in all, essentially only 3-4 moves were used . . . with more of the same in other rounds. The warlord rounds have even less variety.

TwinStiletto
05-15-2017, 10:41 PM
The commentators are so bad it isn't even funny.
Good luck to Fairlight and Sacriel!

Kraxers
05-15-2017, 10:42 PM
I was expecting new heroes gameplay. Such a shame. Let's face it. For most of people it is not fun to watch tourneys. Samw warden spam etc. etc. It is not like something we dont see every match. They just do it a little better. I just wanted to watch new heroes not headbut, vortex, shove spam.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:44 PM
I was expecting new heroes gameplay. Such a shame. Let's face it. For most of people it is not fun to watch tourneys. Samw warden spam etc. etc. It is not like something we dont see every match. They just do it a little better. I just wanted to watch new heroes not headbut, vortex, shove spam.

That is what the tournament is about, top two of each group will play the new heroes on the new maps in dominion.

I really like the look of excalibur's warden >.> I have mine at rep 1, might revisit him in the future >.>

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 10:47 PM
who are these guys playing ? I just watched vak vs warden. I can claim I play better than both. They are not tourney players don't they ?

Kraxers
05-15-2017, 10:48 PM
That is what the tournament is about, top two of each group will play the new heroes on the new maps in dominion.

I really like the look of excalibur's warden >.> I have mine at rep 1, might revisit him in the future >.>

Well then I hope it won' take long. Such a shame they didn't call people from forums. There are lots of people know exactly how to counter and punish warden, lb, warlord spams.They are all over forum teaching people how to play. Now we need to watch these noobs(!)

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:48 PM
This is so bad lol I don't claim to be better than them straight out, but I am willing to bet I could compete and win more than I lose.

Also the amount of GB spam is just embarrassing.

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 10:49 PM
What the community should be realizing is just how much bullshi* the "it can be countered, it's not OP" arguments are, that try to defend certain spam skills.

Obviously the "pros" seem to have real problems with it. So, maybe being a famous "pro" player doesn't necessarily mean they're the best :rolleyes:, but if players like them have trouble with it on average, just at which level are those people who say things like "oh, I avoid them all the time, it can be countered"? Some sort of hidden gods walking among us or something?

It's funny to think even after showing games like this in public, they'll still be spewing the same bullshi* all over again.

I guess that means we'll be seeing that person sitting in one of those chairs, showing us how all that countering and dodging UB+UP spams are done, huh? :D

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 10:49 PM
This is so bad lol I don't claim to be better than them straight out, but I am willing to bet I could compete and win more than I lose.

Also the amount of GB spam is just embarrassing.

So they are just random guys ?

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Well then I hope it won' take long. Such a shame they didn't call people from forums. There are lots of people know exactly how to counter and punish warden, lb, warlord spams.They are all over forum teaching people how to play. Now we need to watch these noobs(!)

My sentiments exactly :D Just who are these "hidden, godly players" among us that counter all that OP stuff easily? Boy would we like to see it with our own two eyes.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:51 PM
So they are just random guys ?

I have no idea who they are or how they were chosen. I only know Sacriel. He is a well known Twitch Streamer.

But these guys are just plain bad. This is not how the game should be presented to the public in a tournament setting.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 10:53 PM
I have no idea who they are or how they were chosen. I only know Sacriel. He is a well known Twitch Streamer.

But these guys are just plain bad. This is not how the game should be presented to the public in a tournament setting.

That valk was bad to say the least. The warden, well spammed SB, so nothing new here

TheLastPandaa
05-15-2017, 10:54 PM
I think ubi is doing a great work with this event. It looks well planed, +- well comented and with the clear porpouse to give one ast push to FH b4 the S2. I just see a problem: TODAY IS MONDAY and i have to work tm and is late in my country allready. :(
I would reall love to watch the entire streaming.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:56 PM
I think ubi is doing a great work with this event. It looks well planed, +- well comented and with the clear porpouse to give one ast push to FH b4 the S2. I just see a problem: TODAY IS MONDAY and i have to work tm and is late in my country allready. :(
I would reall love to watch the entire streaming.

The video will be staying up here if you want to watch the other side of sleep. I put them up in Dev streams so I don't have to mess around with twitch or youtube so started loaving them on the thread lol.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 10:56 PM
If the goal of this event is to hype up the playerbase and convince the public to play the game they are doing a terrible job.

You are showing only the worst mechanics of the game being used by mostly average players.

Like I said before the amount of GB spam is embarrassing and thats not even talking about the Shoulder Bash fest

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 10:59 PM
At some point Roman will be in the montreal studio talking about what is ahead.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Oh look, sypher is using the warlord. He should know Lb's are more broken now :o

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 11:07 PM
this doesn't represent the way the game is played AT ALL lol

If people are watching this thinking this is how you play the game they are gonna be shellshocked when they actually get into the game.

You walk into Dominion playing like this Orochi you are gonna end up as fingerpaint

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:11 PM
this doesn't represent the way the game is played AT ALL lol

If people are watching this thinking this is how you play the game they are gonna be shellshocked when they actually get into the game.

You walk into Dominion playing like this Orochi you are gonna end up as fingerpaint

Have you seen the sypher warlord cheese ? LOL

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:12 PM
I am hoping Durandal does more than the light spam he did in the Den a few weeks ago. That was honestly painful to watch.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 11:13 PM

I tried my best to ignore it.

This PK light spam! Are you serious?!?!

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:14 PM
He got a Heavy-Heavy, that was impressive enough.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:17 PM
It annoys me, I am actually of te opinion counter attackers, so peacekeepers, orochi as well as warlords and lawbrigners, shouldn't have safe openers, they are counter attackers, they should be reading the opponent and getting damage off a punish. I tend to try and play reactively if they don't turtle, gb if they do..

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:23 PM
As much as the axe hump rocks, Sypher should have followed up the knee rather than taunt.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:23 PM
It annoys me, I am actually of te opinion counter attackers, so peacekeepers, orochi as well as warlords and lawbrigners, shouldn't have safe openers, they are counter attackers, they should be reading the opponent and getting damage off a punish. I tend to try and play reactively if they don't turtle, gb if they do..

Yeah LOL

LB great counter attackers when half of the conboes are broken and blind justice is useless.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:25 PM
I tried my best to ignore it.

This PK light spam! Are you serious?!?!

The pk light spam was the best thing i've seen tonight

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:27 PM
That pk is giving me AIDS LOL

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 11:28 PM

Yep. About as smelly as Lawb spams.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Yeah LOL

LB great counter attackers when half of the conboes are broken and blind justice is useless.

Maybe needs some bugfixes looking at. Honestly I would rather they have put the peacekeeper's attack speed around the other light characters (keep the dashes ifyouwant her to stay 'fast') rather than mess with her bleed opportunities, all of the nerfs other than the spam and the zone attack have pushed towards sending of two lights being the safest option. I am hoping this changes some with the defensive meta patch.

To balance it, I now nothing about balancing games or their original vision for the peacekeeper,just the way I would have done it.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:30 PM
Yep. About as smelly as Lawb spams.

Add me, I will show hw to counter LB. Since you are not able to do it alone.

SHove from block ? Conq is the way lady

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 11:30 PM
This stream is genuinely making me angry lol

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:32 PM
That last round was a decent patient round.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Maybe needs some bugfixes looking at. Honestly I would rather they have put the peacekeeper's attack speed around the other light characters (keep the dashes ifyouwant her to stay 'fast') rather than mess with her bleed opportunities, all of the nerfs other than the spam and the zone attack have pushed towards sending of two lights being the safest option. I am hoping this changes some with the defensive meta patch.

To balance it, I now nothing about balancing games or their original vision for the peacekeeper,just the way I would have done it.

He needs to be FASTER, is insane having 1100 ms top heavy in THAT meta. Make him faster, give him better and faster combows, remove che block mixups starters, and buff shove from neutral. GG you have now a playable character.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 11:33 PM
This stream is genuinely making me angry lol

That last orochi vs pk literally gave me AIDS

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 11:38 PM
I wanna see the Devs team on camera watching the way this scrub is playing the PK and tell me that its okay.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:39 PM
That was a better match than the other two I think, peacekeeper can't be in your face aggressive against the berserker, as the first round showed,it goes very quickly against you.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:40 PM
pk beat zerk... console pks stop crying you can't deflect zerk now.

You can, but do that on the uninterruptable and you are eating at minimum a light for your bleed, trading a heavy for bleed...I've done it, it isn't a great tradeoff.

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 11:55 PM
The tournament and ranking stuff was interesting, as well as that they are rolling out a test server for it.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:01 AM
iskies literally showed you why parry free damage has to go.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:07 AM
Man he is good with that deep gouge, I very much prefer that style to Durandal's.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:10 AM
I very much like Sacriel's play, this is more how I like to see the Peacekeeper played. he got deflects, deep gouge, got his triple stabs in, he used far more of the kit than Durandal did.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:11 AM
I very much like Sacriel's play, this is more how I like to see the Peacekeeper played. he got deflects, deep gouge, got his triple stabs in, he used far more of the kit than Durandal did.

Yes, and he got rekt istantly by iskies because he can parry. LOL at this game

EDIT: He got rekt even by this orochi, cuz apparently top light spam > pk complex comboes.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 12:14 AM
At least Sacriel is using the entire kit.

Not just spamming 1 or two moves like these other muppets. This whole thing just reeks.

The funniest part is Sacriel hasn't even played For Honor in awhile. He was just one of the original big streamers that streamed it at launch.

Ryumanjisen
05-16-2017, 12:14 AM
So... Am I the only one who thinks most of this guys are just plain bad? Haven't seen group A, but except for Iskies, I'm not watching FH at its highest level, to be honest.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 12:17 AM
So... Am I the only one who thinks most of this guys are just plain bad? Haven't seen group A, but except for Iskies, I'm not watching FH at its highest level, to be honest.

No you are not the only one.

These guys have NOTHING on some of the players I have ran into while playing. I know of a Raider that I have ran into a few times now that is plain godlike. He would run circles around these fools.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:17 AM
I am not a very high level but how Sacriel was using the peacekeeper, that is pretty much what I try to do. It is easier on console I would imagine, I land a lot of those dodge attacks for deep gouge.I love facing warlords with that style, I can read their headbutts and charging top heavies to get those side dodges in.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Yes, and he got rekt istantly by iskies because he can parry. LOL at this game

EDIT: He got rekt even by this orochi, cuz apparently top light spam > pk complex comboes.

Yeah he got hit a lot by those parries, hopefully with the defensive meta stuff coming the way Sacriel played will be more viable at higher level rather than spamming lights, as well as the kits of other heroes..

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:18 AM
At least Sacriel is using the entire kit.

Not just spamming 1 or two moves like these other muppets. This whole thing just reeks.

The funniest part is Sacriel hasn't even played For Honor in awhile. He was just one of the original big streamers that streamed it at launch.

Thats why he is losing basically all.

Even if he hasn't played the game in m onths, just press r1 and gg

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Thats why he is losing basically all.

Even if he hasn't played the game in m onths, just press r1 and gg

I watch Sacriel alot.

He actually has a soul. He prefers playing with skill rather than just spamming to win.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Iskyes is winning by just parrying LOL at this game

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 12:23 AM
This tournament is like a step by step explanation of everything that is wrong with the game

- Parries

- GB spam

- Shoulder Bash spam

- PK R1 spam

- Spam in general

- Only using a FRACTION of the kits

It is literally a live showcase of the games issues lol

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:24 AM
This tournament is like a step by step explanation of everything that is wrong with the game

- Parries

- GB spam

- Shoulder Bash spam

- PK R1 spam

- Spam in general

- Only using a FRACTION of the kits

It is literally a live showcase of the games issues lol

That stream is so embarassing, that I'm literally watching it to get a laugh. Basically months of threads, concentrated in a streaming.

Mia.Nora
05-16-2017, 12:24 AM
Here summary of whole thing: Two guys feinting then going for GB spam all day long.

That GB spams were cancer...

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 12:25 AM
That stream is so embarassing, that I'm literally watching it to get a laugh. Basically months of threads, concentarded in a streaming.

Exactly lol

Its like the forums wrote a script and the Devs brought it to life.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:30 AM
Here summary of whole thing: Two guys feinting then going for GB spam all day long.

That GB spams were cancer...

GB soam is no even a problem, spam CGB buton and gg. Parries are broken, defense is broken. Iskyes can be a top player all he wants, but he didn't attack once, just went for parry > free damage > parry > free damage > shoulder bsh.

Whats the point in having comboes ? LOL

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:33 AM
I watch Sacriel alot.

He actually has a soul. He prefers playing with skill rather than just spamming to win.

I might need to look him up, I have been lucky enough to 1v1 against a few peacekeepers that play like that, it gets to the point of who commits to the attack after the dodge first or who catches a gb sometimes, there are still the two lights crowd but they at least get less reward out of it.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 12:36 AM
I might need to look him up, I have been lucky enough to 1v1 against a few peacekeepers that play like that, it gets to the point of who commits to the attack after the dodge first or who catches a gb sometimes, there are still the two lights crowd but they at least get less reward out of it.

He doesn't constantly stream FH

He is a bit of a variety streamer.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Dirteh raider!

Ryumanjisen
05-16-2017, 12:44 AM
GB soam is no even a problem, spam CGB buton and gg. Parries are broken, defense is broken. Iskyes can be a top player all he wants, but he didn't attack once, just went for parry > free damage > parry > free damage > shoulder bsh.

Whats the point in having comboes ? LOL

Sadly, that's how you play this game if you want to win, specialyl on PC. Why attacking if you risk being parried and eat a heavy attack?

Egotistic_Ez
05-16-2017, 12:47 AM
I is awake! So did I miss anything before these duels or has that been it?

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:50 AM
I is awake! So did I miss anything before these duels or has that been it?

just been the duels, there will be dominion after this group, Roman is due on some time I think. Damien spoke of test servers being rolled out for tournament and ranked mode. Ranked mode is tied into tournament mode when they both drop. Damien gave some mention to improving communication between players but was light on detail.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Sadly, tru3's ego was boosted on this cause he didn't go against the real players.

He seems the only one who actually play. Mix ups, takes some risks. Its easier pick an orochi and start spamming za and top lights

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:52 AM
That stunning tap mixup really helps the raider,coming into and moves out of it really adds options.

Egotistic_Ez
05-16-2017, 12:52 AM
just been the duels, there will be dominion after this group, Roman is due on some time I think. Damien spoke of test servers being rolled out for tournament and ranked mode. Ranked mode is tied into tournament mode when they both drop. Damien gave some mention to improving communication between players but was light on detail.

Appreciate the update. Hope they drop more tourney mode info.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:54 AM
raider just got buffed. so yes he was able to do more. but pit him vs skys or sypher... he wouldn't be smiling and giggling.

Sypher will probably cheese his warlord, and Iskys well,, he probably will be passive the whole time in parry god mode on

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 12:57 AM
More orochi top and zone, can't wait for the flicker to be fixed on that.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Can't wait to see all the muppets coming to the forums over the next few days

"SEE THE LB IS SO OP CUZ THAT 1 DUDE IN THE STREAM DID GUUD NERF IT NOW MAN"

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 01:00 AM
They have more skill even if no cheese.

Sure. But they decide to not show their skill to the public.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 01:01 AM
Can't wait to see all the nubs coming to the forums over the next few days

"SEE THE LB IS SO OP CUZ THAT 1 DUDE IN THE STREAM DID GUUD NERF IT NOW MAN"

That last LB is just AIDS. Sadly the orochi was not that good tho, if he would have dodged attacked he would have won 3-0

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 01:12 AM
Sounds like four dominion matches are coming if they are having one use the new characters each time.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 01:17 AM
That forge map!

Lumina-US
05-16-2017, 01:19 AM
So THIS is your infamous so called pro-gamers - those are the people you guys admire and want to be like?

Good god, i literally got bored of watching this after less than 5 minutes, none of them play any better than all the average joe's with masturbating pen1s emblems that i face on XBOX ONE each and every day.

So please do me and yourself a favor and go back to admiring real simgers, sports- or moviestars instead of whorshipping these fuags.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 01:24 AM
Oh man, you can whiff the first heavy to get the second fr the bleed triple light on the shinobi, that makes that move somewhat move viable.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 01:25 AM
So THIS is your infamous so called pro-gamers - those are the people you guys admire and want to be like?

Good god, i literally got bored of watching this after less than 5 minutes, none of them play any better than all the average joe's with masturbating pen1s emblems that i face on XBOX ONE each and every day.

So please do me and yourself a favor and go back to admiring real simgers, sports- or moviestars instead of whorshipping these fuags.

I think you are a bit salty, but overall I agree. Top gameplay is AIDS and boring as ****

CoyoteXStarrk
05-16-2017, 01:26 AM
That Centurian looks soooooooooo good.

The Shinobi looks flashy, but I have a feeling he is gonna get smacked around ALOT

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 01:27 AM
That Centurian looks soooooooooo good.

The Shinobi looks flashy, but I have a feeling he is gonna get smacked around ALOT

When the players will find out that cheese run on warlord is better than shinobi they will drop him. But on the first few weeks he is gonna be everywhere.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 01:29 AM
Centurian looks cool but IMO shinobi seems game breaking, ranged feats are allready cheese to max, the ability to attack at distance at will is too much

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 01:31 AM
Centurian looks cool but IMO shinobi seems game breaking, ranged feats are allready cheese to max, the ability to attack at distance at will is too much

At the same time he cannot just throw these out since he has the only punishable gb, his ranged heavies are punishable and he is squishy, I think they thought that out quite well there.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 01:36 AM
Case in point, one parry and he went from nearly full to dead.

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 01:46 AM
Case in point, one parry and he went from nearly full to dead.

Which brings out a certain prediction.

I've said this before, but in the higher, competitive levels, the "tricky/technical" style goes only so far, and usually "straight-forward/tough" is preferred. In the end, ultimately, I don't think the Shib's gonna be able to overcome the current Warden/Warlord styles. No matter how tricky and stylish you are, people don't just fall for a tricky style 100% of the time, and when you're squishy, the times that people don't fall for, is enough to get you killed, whereas tough, resilient classes have much more room to recover from mistakes.

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-16-2017, 01:53 AM
cent sure does LOOK good but im starting to fear its damage is on the LB scale :((((((

X.Openf1re
05-16-2017, 02:00 AM
how long till we can play season 2 garbage?

SerArthur-Dayne
05-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Man... I was really thinking about maining Shinobi, but I dunno... these dominion games are showing his serious weakness, he's almost dead after making one mistake! And simply cant go near an outnumbered fight. Pete moo just popped a revenge with him and died in like 1.5 seconds with it...

I dont think he'll be able to compete with the decent health, simple heavy hitters. Too many opportunities to get parried, and just one will take off most your health. I dunno, think Im leaning towards centurion.

Dry.Fish
05-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Great Show!

SerArthur-Dayne
05-16-2017, 03:23 AM
The maps looks really awesome, cant wait to play on em!

Mia.Nora
05-16-2017, 03:29 AM
Can't believe they gave shinobi an unblockable engage. Judging by the amount of tools available to him most PKs would go shinobi now especially after new nerf to 2 stab+kick.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 03:34 AM
Can't believe they gave shinobi an unblockable engage. Judging by the amount of tools available to him most PKs would go shinobi now especially after new nerf to 2 stab+kick.

He is listed as melee so it isn't that surprising that he has a melee engager. It looks like it should be dodgeable if you read it, Tru3 got a bit salty because no one was rushing to his side and he made the mistake of turning his back. You aren't going to outrun a shinobi with their double speed, your best bet is doing enough damage they use that speed to disengage.

MisterGuyMan
05-16-2017, 03:35 AM
Can some one give me an approximate timestamp for when the new gear was showcased? That's all I really care about to be honest.

SerArthur-Dayne
05-16-2017, 03:35 AM

Did you watch the stream man? Shinobi got stomped 95% of the time, while centurion was able to hold his own like the rest of the roster.

Mia.Nora
05-16-2017, 03:37 AM
He is listed as melee so it isn't that surprising that he has a melee engager. It looks like it should be dodgeable if you read it, Tru3 got a bit salty because no one was rushing to his side and he made the mistake of turning his back. You aren't going to outrun a shinobi with their double speed, your best bet is doing enough damage they use that speed to disengage.

Every character in the game is melee so I am not sure what you meant there?? but Shinobi is the only assassin in the game with an unblockable. And form what Ive seen his lights are no slower than PKs.

To be clear, I am not complaining that he has a better kit, I am complaining that other characters have an incomplete one with so small options.

Did you watch the stream man? Shinobi got stomped 95% of the time, while centurion was able to hold his own like the rest of the roster.

Yea because someone with almost no idea how to play the game apart form light spam played him, from what Ive seen. Can't wait to test out myself.
Edit: yea just watched second dominion game, now I get where he falls short.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 03:42 AM
Every character in the game is melee so I am not sure what you meant there?? but Shinobi is the only assassin in the game with an unblockable. And form what Ive seen his lights are no slower than PKs.

To be clear, I am not complaining that he has a better kit, I am complaining that other characters have an incomplete one with so small options.

Yea because someone with almost no idea how to play the game apart form light spam played him, from what Ive seen. Can't wait to test out myself.

Pk light spam works. Shinobi doesn't.

Thats enough

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 03:51 AM

I mean it is in his descr

What I mean is when we were shown his character screen last week, he was listed as melee and counter attacker, the centurion also got melee and another new one, mixup intensive. I am taking melee in this case to mean punches and kicks. And yeah I agree it is pointless judging him by someone new to him against people using their mains, there were a few guys that were absolutely wrecking people with him.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 04:04 AM
Looks like the video wasn't recorded, now it is no longer live it is reading as not available.

Knight_Raime
05-16-2017, 04:18 AM
my only 2 grips from the stream:

1) the visuals for triggering super sprint. I hope to god there is a way to turn that off.

2) it feels like they toned back centurions jump stab on a downed enemy by a bit. Maybe it's because a lot of the ones done on stream were on people who still had stamina. And everyone takes extra damage when OOS.

Tomas_Jari
05-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Where was Kensei? ;) hahaha

Dizzy4213
05-16-2017, 11:24 AM
my only 2 grips from the stream:

1) the visuals for triggering super sprint. I hope to god there is a way to turn that off.

Yes that seemed extremely obnoxious. I don't see why there needs to be any visuals in the first place. I hope they remove it, or at the very least, tone it down.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Where was Kensei? ;) hahaha

not even one.

Tons of orochis, pk's, some warlords and a shugoki which was completely destroyed in a couple of seconds because lights parries.

And a nobushi, same as shugoki, light parried to death without any chance to do nothing.

RatedChaotic
05-16-2017, 04:13 PM
I just gotta say WoW True Talent is definately a pro.....Run in die, run in die, run in try to ledge kick, try to ledge kick, try to ledge kick, then True Talent gets thrown off.
He tried it so many times and failed and end up baiting himself. That was the noobish thing I have ever seen from a so called good player. Tho he would say....I had something in my eye that whole match. I was laughing so hard during it I had to turn it off.

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 04:34 PM
I just gotta say WoW True Talent is definately a pro.....Run in die, run in die, run in try to ledge kick, try to ledge kick, try to ledge kick, then True Talent gets thrown off.
He tried it so many times and failed and end up baiting himself. That was the noobish thing I have ever seen from a so called good player. Tho he would say....I had something in my eye that whole match. I was laughing so hard during it I had to turn it off.

And the shinobi salt in the last game, watch the pro streamers rally their fans against him as they did the peacekeeper.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:48 PM
And the shinobi salt in the last game, watch the pro streamers rally their fans against him as they did the peacekeeper.

SHinobi is going to be anywhere in the next few weeks, then people will return to cheese with warlord and pk's because they are far better and more forgiving classes

Ofc UNLESS they nerf the current meta.

dekot11
05-16-2017, 05:52 PM
not even one.

Tons of orochis, pk's, some warlords and a shugoki which was completely destroyed in a couple of seconds because lights parries.

And a nobushi, same as shugoki, light parried to death without any chance to do nothing.

the 3 orochis were played by the casual streamers. the ones who really wanted to win picked warlord and warden. props to true for staying with raider, probably the only non-meta pick apart from the orochis and nobushi

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 06:16 PM
the 3 orochis were played by the casual streamers. the ones who really wanted to win picked warlord and warden. props to true for staying with raider, probably the only non-meta pick apart from the orochis and nobushi

Even sypher took the raider, but instead showing us the new moves, he just turled up and parried the nobushi slow attacks, same with Iskys, man, if they really will nerf the turtle gameplay, some "top players" will get reconsidered

CandleInTheDark
05-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Even sypher took the raider, but instead showing us the new moves, he just turled up and parried the nobushi slow attacks, same with Iskys, man, if they really will nerf the turtle gameplay, some "top players" will get reconsidered

That meta does need to go, yeah. I mean everyone gives the peacekeeper hell for light spam, but look at the two peacekeeper mains yesterday. One used mostly lights, got through, the other used pretty much her entire kit, very well at times, and got wrecked by parries. If there is anyone just starting peacekeeper who watched that stream, what does that tell them?

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 07:31 PM
That meta does need to go, yeah. I mean everyone gives the peacekeeper hell for light spam, but look at the two peacekeeper mains yesterday. One used mostly lights, got through, the other used pretty much her entire kit, very well at times, and got wrecked by parries. If there is anyone just starting peacekeeper who watched that stream, what does that tell them?

Amen