PDA

View Full Version : Here's a fun v1.07 poll for ya...!

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 03:41 AM
Every now and then, you have one of these moments... after staring at your lifless (...and often headless) body lying dead, you begin to wonder...

"Was it my bad timing....? Did I make a mistake? Or did that f***er just abuse the unlock glitch...??"

Now, finally, after a long await, the devs have finally implemented a fix to the unlock glitch abuse. :o
So what do you think?

● Do you think you will be noticing a considerable difference during normal game play (= a LOT of people were rampantly abusing it)

● ...or do you think you won't feel much difference at all (= it's mostly your mistake in timing, not a glitch abuse. You owe those people apologies)

Do you think you will be feeling the difference, or not?

bmason1000
05-15-2017, 03:56 AM
I don't understand what the exploit is anyway, so i definitely won't notice if it's gone haha

Felis_Menari
05-15-2017, 04:01 AM
I don't know what all attacks could be abused with the unlock "tech" (oh, the lulz). I've also been playing other games more often as of late, so I haven't even had the opportunity to see other players shred some fine cheese for us. Won't for a while longer too; m9ving halfway across the U.S. in a couple days...with a herd of cats.

RLTygurr
05-15-2017, 04:08 AM
Most of the people using the unlock techs were in high level play, in premade teams of 4 in either skirmish or elimination where it was actually useful because the whole team could sit in one spot and abuse it since the chaos of a 4v4 fight would make it almost impossible to counter. Played against quite a few streamers who abused the hell out of it. Glad to see that stuff go, it's just annoying.

As for the other tech, such as guard break feints and light feints, VERY glad to see those go. There's simply no way to properly react to those unless you never gb or parry and quite a few people can do them on command and never mess up, meaning they have a very powerful tool against you that you don't have. Not fair in the slightest.

pancakerz
05-15-2017, 04:12 AM
No, that's fine. Don't feel obliged to define this obscure term in the OP. I'm sure EVERYBODY already knows what it is.

Egotistic_Ez
05-15-2017, 04:21 AM
As this exploit became more well known my parry rates dropped lower and lower. Is that just coincidence? I doubt it. As someone who lives off parry and deflect and rarely blocks (I know I should, just never do, lol) this hurt me a lot. I guess the fix will just prove whether or not it's the exploit or if I'm just slowly getting ****. lol

Jasado
05-15-2017, 06:41 AM
Your poll is only advocating two extremes.

There's no reason an exploit like this that CLEARLY circumvents the intended mechanics of the game (and denies basically any realistic tell that an enemy is performing it) should be allowed to exist.

Yes, it did something to circumvent the cheese turtle meta. By cheating.

So, does it show the turtle meta is a problem? No one questions that.

That doesn't mean cheating should be condoned or that exploiters should just be "left alone" to continue exploiting for any reason.

If anything, all it does is notify the devs of the next balance steps to take in regards to what an exploit represents to the community, in this case, a solution to turtles.

But they are already doing that, so case in point. GOODBYE exploits, regardless of how many people used it. It's abuse by nature of using it at all, so.

SURESHOT22
05-15-2017, 06:57 AM
What the hell is the unlock glitch. Your poll makes no sense if most people have no clue what you're talking about.