PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft, can u nerf parry once and for all

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 04:03 PM
hey ubisoft , change how parrry mechanic works give it a maximum light guarantee

i play Nobushi and my light attack gets parried 90% of the time what am'i suppose to do watch and try to parry their attack , without being the aggresive

please get rid of that parrry mechhanic , i cannot play a defense festival i like the game to be fun so please do something

thanks

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Being nobushi is rough against anyone who knows how to parry, do you know how to feint your lights? It helps a ton with the mind games. Might be awhile before the parry gets a nerf so in the meantime I suggest trying this out if you aren't already.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 04:31 PM
it's not that eeasyy feinting them withh hidden stance cost a lot of stamina and puts me at disadvantage , i really feell nobushi needs a huge buff and she is lagging behind

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 04:56 PM
it's not that eeasyy feinting them withh hidden stance cost a lot of stamina and puts me at disadvantage , i really feell nobushi needs a huge buff and she is lagging behind

Ive never really looked at how much the stam cost is but I know that's definitely tricked me. I'll have to try it out but if it's anything like conqs it only takes a bit of practice. I agree she could use a bit of help but not certain what exactly.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 05:28 PM
the poblem with her, she has a very low health pool , low stamina pool , slow guardstance , huge stamina cost on hs , telegraphed light attack very easy to parry , kick that cost a llot of stamina and cant bee canceled ...

while i do llike her play style , she still way below some classes and needs help.

i did spend a lot of time watching the so called pro top twitch players playing her

and they were alll abusing the so called (tech) and by that i mean the unlocked zone attack or guardbreak feint into heavy ( exploiting the game )

if that's how Nobushi is played at high level , she is really in a very very bad spot at the moment and such a sad stat of the class

Netcode_err_404
05-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Nobushi s perfectly fine, the game is the main problem here.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Nobushi s perfectly fine, the game is the main problem here.

Well if she's not really doing well with how the game is played then she's not perfectly fine.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 05:45 PM
no she is not fine , and it's going to get ****tier with centurion coming on in 2 days from now even less , it's either buff her to match the level of some classes or take away 50/50 from everybody and bring them down to her level.

but u cannot give 50/50 to some classes and **** on the rest and say she is fine .

sadly i like the game but i cannot wait for them to act when there is abvious flaw in the game design , warden vortex i say hello to you , etc etc

Netcode_err_404
05-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Well if she's not really doing well with how the game is played then she's not perfectly fine.

Yes indeed, but the class is solid. The meta is broken. Fix the meta, and you will fix the nobushi. Amd probably the rest of the classes.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Lord-Micidial , u know very well that u cannot count on ubisoft to fix the meta , some of their decision made me think they are really out of touch ( i bet u saw the new centurion trailer )

so i would ask for Nobushi buff instead of them fixing the meta , i hope they will learn a thing or 2 form truetalent after the QA

Netcode_err_404
05-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Lord-Micidial , u know very well that u cannot count on ubisoft to fix the meta , some of their decision made me think they are really out of touch ( i bet u saw the new centurion trailer )

so i would ask for Nobushi buff instead of them fixing the meta , i hope they will learn a thing or 2 form truetalent after the QA

I know, but how are you gonna buff the classes ? Giving them more damage ? If Ican block without repercussions, all attacks, you can ever give her a one shot heavy, you won't hit anyone.

The class is weak because everyone turtle up and go for passive gameplay, but the class is far from beeing weak, because has some good mixups, awesome range and damage.

So yes the problem is the game, and if ubi won't fix it, Im afraid for honor won't have any future. They need to fix this ****, before they lose more players.

Too much players leave = No more focus on the game.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 06:06 PM
they can add chip damage and get rid of that parry mechanic , once u add heavy chip damage , the defender willl be forced to attack thus making more mistake and being more open , that's a good starting fix

parry needs to change into something else , i ****ing dislike loosing because i'am being aggressive .......

Helnekromancer
05-14-2017, 06:09 PM
hey ubisoft , change how parrry mechanic works give it a maximum light guarantee

i play Nobushi and my light attack gets parried 90% of the time what am'i suppose to do watch and try to parry their attack , without being the aggresive

please get rid of that parrry mechhanic , i cannot play a defense festival i like the game to be fun so please do something

thanks

Don't have problems with Nobushi and this is coming from a Rep 27 Nobushi main. You can feint your light into hidden stance and either hit them with 2 quick lights or kick them. Easily opening them up. Or if you have a problem with lights being parried using your zone attack as a gap closer or just to catch them slipping, your zone always hits from the right first so having your stance pointed to the lefted and swinging immediately right will catch them by surprise and canceling the second part of the zone attack into a left step side heavy instead of a light right will also leave them guessing where you are going to strke or even canceling it to a left light attack. And if you parry their attack and happen to get a gb you can hit them with one heavy, cancel the second one and if they try to dash left right or back to avoid your kick you will get a free grab to hit them with another heavy. Or instead of canceling the second heavy and press heavy again to give brief pause and now the enemy mistime their parry and now you just got another free heavy.

Nobushi has a ton of mix ups to make up for her lack of aggression tools, just have to play with the cards you are dealt and try to take full advantage of every situation to get out as much damage as you can.

*Btw if the player is parrying all your lights, throw a light and cancel using hidden stance, and strike in the opposite direction opening them up and making them think twice whether or not they want to parry or not. :)

Just won a match against a turtle Warden who parried everything i threw at him and the moment i light, cancel into hidden stance and struck back i opened him up and killed him. Nobushi has the tools to win you just have to use them.

And you don't want to nerf parry because Nobushi is one of the biggest benefactors from it. There are games where if you don't parry their attacks you will not be able to strike back.

Netcode_err_404
05-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Don't have problems with Nobushi and this is coming from a Rep 27 Nobushi main. You can feint your light into hidden stance and either hit them with 2 quick lights or kick them. Easily opening them up. Or if you have a problem with lights being parried using your zone attack as a gap closer or just to catch them slipping, your zone always hits from the right first so having your stance pointed to the lefted and swinging immediately right will catch them by surprise and canceling the second part of the zone attack into a left step side heavy instead of a light right will also leave them guessing where you are going to strke or even canceling it to a left light attack. And if you parry their attack and happen to get a gb you can hit them with one heavy, cancel the second one and if they try to dash left right or back to avoid your kick you will get a free grab to hit them with another heavy. Or instead of canceling the second heavy and press heavy again to give brief pause and now the enemy mistime their parry and now you just got another free heavy.

Nobushi has a ton of mix ups to make up for her lack of aggression tools, just have to play with the cards you are dealt and try to take full advantage of every situation to get out as much damage as you can.

*Btw if the player is parrying all your lights, throw a light and cancel using hidden stance, and strike in the opposite direction opening them up and making them think twice whether or not they want to parry or not. :)

Just won a match against a turtle Warden who parried everything i threw at him and the moment i light, cancel into hidden stance and struck back i opened him up and killed him. Nobushi has the tools to win you just have to use them.

Yes, you like your nobushi, thats cool, but people will see how hard is doing good with her,and will start to cheese run with a warlord, same effectiveness, less efforts.

UNLESS you actually make this game a fighting game. Where both opponents need to do something to win.

Netcode_err_404
05-14-2017, 06:13 PM
they can add chip damage and get rid of that parry mechanic , once u add heavy chip damage , the defender willl be forced to attack thus making more mistake and being more open , that's a good starting fix

parry needs to change into something else , i ****ing dislike loosing because i'am being aggressive .......

CHip damage abolutely needs to be a reality like in pretty much ALL others fighting game i have memory of. Then parry absolutely needs a rework.DO that, then the community will start to polish the whole gameplay.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 06:15 PM
you are an xbone player ( no offence there ) but if u play on pc u will be parried from inside hidden stance , and i'am speaking due to my experience against other Nobushi who play on pc , i parry their light when they feint it with hidden stance , it's stilll very telegraphed , inside or outside hidden stance same result at least on pc ,

console is a different story due to different fps

peeople play at 165fps/1ms response time , console don't have the luxury

different game

Helnekromancer
05-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Yes, you like your nobushi, thats cool, but people will see how hard is doing good with her,and will start to cheese run with a warlord, same effectiveness, less efforts.

UNLESS you actually make this game a fighting game. Where both opponents need to do something to win.

Then the same issue will be said for any other Fighter who isn't cookie cutter braindead easy to master. Completely ignore the fact that someone who ran into the similar problems and overcome them simply by thinking outside the box and actually using everything in their moveset to win is preposterous. Learning how to play a hard character from learning from someone else? Nah that's stupid just nerf or buff (___) and everything will be fine.

Netcode_err_404
05-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Then the same issue will be said for any other Fighter who isn't cookie cutter braindead easy to master. Completely ignore the fact that someone who ran into the similar problems and overcome them simply by thinking outside the box and actually using everything in their moveset to win is preposterous. Learning how to play a hard character from learning from someone else? Nah that's stupid just nerf or buff (___) and everything will be fine.

With the current meta, thinking outside the box, is risky, spamming miserum, is not. AT least not THAT much

So again, problem is the game, not the class, fix the game, and THEN you can see how classes perform.

NocturnalFox-
05-14-2017, 06:50 PM
Can you nerf it after I figure out how to even do it...

AlexHuaTian
05-14-2017, 06:57 PM
Game has so many weird mechanics that seem iun-intuitive. You lose stamina for attacking, but not blocking. You get parried, and lose stamina. You get blocked, you lose stamina. Your character cant even last a 30 second fight let alone a 12 round one. You get punished so hard just for attacking.

I understand its trying to adopt the Dark Souls reactionary combat formula. But Im pretty sure Dark Souls didnt have these kind of stamina penalties.

FinnOfTheHorde
05-14-2017, 08:02 PM
I guess u are new in game? Just learn how to play as Nobushi.

IesooMI
05-14-2017, 08:07 PM
The current parry system is fine, stop crying to have everything nerfed so you bad players can mindlessly spam attacks. Jesus it's getting so old seeing the crying every day on the forum.

FinnOfTheHorde
05-14-2017, 08:09 PM
^ Yup, kids are crying to much.

wethebishop
05-14-2017, 08:11 PM
They are testing a build that addresses the turtle meta. They indicated that it involves the parry, back rolling, and out of stamina punishing.

UbiJurassic
05-15-2017, 12:28 AM
Decreasing the reward of parrying is a change we are looking to make in the future to combat the defensive meta. Additionally, we are also looking at higher amounts of chip damage, making the OSS stte more dangerous, and giving offensive players more ways to open up a defensive player, other than guardbreaking and feinting.

Egotistic_Ez
05-15-2017, 12:42 AM
The nobushi is one of the best balanced characters in the game. There are maybe a couple of QoL changes she could use, but that's it.

The current parry system is fine, stop crying to have everything nerfed so you bad players can mindlessly spam attacks. Jesus it's getting so old seeing the crying every day on the forum.

Only scrubs defend the current meta. Any decent player knows the "sit there for two days" turtle meta is boring to play, the only people who enjoy it are those in the average or low tiers that turtle against new players who don't.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 02:53 AM

No, its not fine, when you see a final between people considered top players spamming headbutts, shoulder bashed for literally 3 minutes because they are afraid to be parried.

Or just warlord's running cheese 50/50 to try the push off the ledge.

May seems fine when you have inexpert players, when you have somone who trained to parry, you won't play unles your class has a sort of spammable attack that FORCE a guessing game or just pk light spam.

Check out the channel of praise the sun, you will see what I'm talking about. In the last stream he even admitted he is not hosting tourneys anymore because they are freakin' boring to watch And I agree, they are a pain in the ***. Is like watching 2 guys playing the waiting game.

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 02:58 AM
No, its not fine, when you see a final between people considered top players spamming headbutts, shoulder bashed for literally 3 minutes because they are afraid to be parried.

Or just warlord's running cheese 50/50 to try the push off the ledge.

May seems fine when you have inexpert players, when you have somone who trained to parry, you won't play unles your class has a sort of spammable attack that FORCE a guessing game or just pk light spam.

Check out the channel of praise the sun, you will see what I'm talking about. In the last stream he even admitted he is not hosting tourneys anymore because they are freakin' boring to watch And I agree, they are a pain in the ***. Is like watching 2 guys playing the waiting game.

Or, perhaps we should think reverse psychology, and ask the devs to make headbutt, shoulderbash, shieldbash, shove, sweeps parriable... and then let's ask them if they still think "parries are fine"...

Yeah, we should definitely try that.

dekot11
05-15-2017, 03:05 AM
Decreasing the reward of parrying is a change we are looking to make in the future to combat the defensive meta. Additionally, we are also looking at higher amounts of chip damage, making the OSS stte more dangerous, and giving offensive players more ways to open up a defensive player, other than guardbreaking and feinting.

How does making OSS state more dangerous help discourage turtling? Am I missing something? I feel like that would mostly screw over combo heroes like kensei and zerker and benefit the worst turtlers like warden and LB.

AzureSky.
05-15-2017, 03:11 AM

if you nerf the current stagger after parry nobushi will just run rampant because its a long range parry, thats not the solution, chip damage yeah but i prefer being killed after a parry than vs a light spammer.

Egotistic_Ez
05-15-2017, 03:12 AM
How does making OSS state more dangerous help discourage turtling? Am I missing something? I feel like that would mostly screw over combo heroes like kensei and zerker and benefit the worst turtlers like warden and LB.

In the current game state that would be true, but I'm assuming (read:hoping) there's some change that makes it warranted.

AzureSky.
05-15-2017, 03:14 AM

thanks

Im sure the biggest problem is nobushi, not the parry (yeah it has some problems with the rewards but its the only way to hit her because of long range)

The problem nobushi has is that she is too predictable in light / heavy attacks, you can tell from the 1rst frame if the attack is a light or a heavy, they are just too different, i can parry nobushi lights almost 90% of the time because of that, also she makes a timed shout before the attack and you only need to remember the timing of that and its gg.

Just play another character, for example orochi top light and heavys are nearly identicall in the first frames so thats what they use to spam top light (it needs a nerf in the form of more clear differences between lights and heavys animations)

nobushi the other way, mask the heavys a little more so they appear like lights in the first frames.

IesooMI
05-15-2017, 04:51 AM
That fact that you even mention praise the scrub proves my point, the guy does nothing but zone flicker and couldn't handle a post nerf conq. Also why do you players complain about the "spam" then complain about the defensive meta......it's either one or the other Jesus everything has to be made simple for this community. Ever play a fighting game before this? Fighting games have a long history of "matchups" not ever character does well against another, if that was the case the game would be completely
Stale. That's why I proposed a long time ago we should see our opponents characet selection pre match like any fighter. The community crys about learning different characters but doesn't want to acknowledge matchups, it's a joke. And the thought of a sword melee combat game without a parry system is a joke.

Kaotic_CipherTV
05-15-2017, 05:08 AM
Nobushi still has more options than an Orochi..

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 05:31 AM
Nobushi still has more options than an Orochi..

Minor correction -- "a good" Nobushi still has more options than "a sucky" Orochi..

Kaotic_CipherTV
05-15-2017, 05:42 AM
Minor correction -- "a good" Nobushi still has more options than "a sucky" Orochi..

Even smaller correction -- "a good" Nobushi still has more options that "a good" Orochi..

megamasa94
05-15-2017, 08:07 AM
hah didnt think guys like you are brave enough to defend parrying on forums...

Specialkha
05-15-2017, 11:43 AM
I was surprised they did not say anything about def meta in the last stream. Season 2 is coming and no fix yet?

vgrimr_J
05-15-2017, 12:47 PM
LMAOOO nerf this nerf that WHAAWHAAWHAA

IesooMI
05-15-2017, 01:39 PM
hah didnt think guys like you are brave enough to defend parrying on forums...

Why wouldn't I? There's nothing from with it. You shouldn't be rewarded for spamming attacks, this community is pretty bad about wanting everything dumbed down. Game needs chip damage and it would help a lot. Also like I've proposed since the beggining we should see our opponents character selection like every other fighting game and be able to learn our matchups.

Specialkha
05-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Chip damage alone won't do it. Good players do not block, they parry. As long as parry guarantees free damage, def meta will not be fixed.