PDA

View Full Version : Please, please help!! - Major install problems...!!

Phoenix2020
03-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Guys,

Following advice I've read the last few days regarding the installation of the Expansion Pack, I decided to uninstall IL2FB completely and do a fresh install in readiness for it.

That's where the problem lies! - After uninstall I rebooted, inserted the disc, and nothing happened. I located the autorun.exe in the 1033 folder on the disc and launched it - but on the FB splash screen I oony have the option to read the pdf's or exit. Install is greyed out!!

I'm running Windows XP Pro + SP1, and was able to install FB originally with no problems, including all the patches to v1.22 - what the hell has gone wrong?

I've also gone through the registry and removed all traces of FB that it it could find (relating to existing install path etc.), but to no effect - how can I install it now??

Please, please help guys - I'm collecting AEP in the morning and would like to have my PC ready for install.

Many thanks all!

Phoenix

Phoenix2020
03-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Guys,

Following advice I've read the last few days regarding the installation of the Expansion Pack, I decided to uninstall IL2FB completely and do a fresh install in readiness for it.

That's where the problem lies! - After uninstall I rebooted, inserted the disc, and nothing happened. I located the autorun.exe in the 1033 folder on the disc and launched it - but on the FB splash screen I oony have the option to read the pdf's or exit. Install is greyed out!!

I'm running Windows XP Pro + SP1, and was able to install FB originally with no problems, including all the patches to v1.22 - what the hell has gone wrong?

I've also gone through the registry and removed all traces of FB that it it could find (relating to existing install path etc.), but to no effect - how can I install it now??

Please, please help guys - I'm collecting AEP in the morning and would like to have my PC ready for install.

Many thanks all!

Phoenix

Thr0tt
03-21-2004, 11:46 AM
There is going to still be some uninstall information sitting in your registry.

Probably under HKEY_LM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall\ look at the information held in the keys here for IL2 and remove the ones (if you have def uninstalled).

Then you should be able to re-install.

Good Luck.

steve_v
03-21-2004, 11:51 AM
FB uninstall/reinstall resolution
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=314103891

Phoenix2020
03-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the reply.

But, I've already removed any IL2FB info from that registry hive.

I still can't get it to launch the install.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Phoenix

Thr0tt
03-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Hmmm weird, I had the same problem last year and it was the remaining uninstall information which was stopping it. Basically its the registry that tells the PC if it has the software installed or not so... unless you have not removed the directories and the registry components then stumped here.

Have you done a search for IL2 or did u just manually remove the entries btw ?

tonywijaszko
03-21-2004, 11:57 AM
I had this at first, I removed the UBISoft folder from the Programme list, just a thought.

RAF 307 Free Polish Night Fighter Squadron

http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v79/Tony_Wizzz/il2/RAF%20307%20Squadron%20Wijaszko/

pomak249
03-22-2004, 04:53 AM
Hi,

You mentioned you clicked on 'autorun.exe' - why??

You should double click 'setup.exe' to run the install and not in folder 1033 but in the main folder only.

Hope you've solved this already so my info may now be useless.

POMAK

owlwatcher
03-22-2004, 05:50 AM
FB has 2 CD's.
Are you using the 1st CD during install?

Zayets
03-22-2004, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pomak249:
Hi,

You mentioned you clicked on 'autorun.exe' - why??

You should double click 'setup.exe' to run the install and not in folder 1033 but in the main folder only.

Hope you've solved this already so my info may now be useless.

POMAK<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

autorun.exe launches setup.exe,is not this the cause.I'm sure there's a wrecked registry db.Myself,when I have this kind of problems I format and re-install. Might sound weird,but I have ne computer where he only software is XP & IL2/FB(of course, with other utils like zip and so on). I wouldn't reccomend you to re-install if your life depends on Windows http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zayets out
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Zayets-iar80pic.jpg