PDA

View Full Version : Blissful rest and second wind

thekingshad
05-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Will you please remove/replace blissful rest and second wind or allow all players to have a similar feat? It's totally unfair when I fight a lawbringer, raider, kensei or warden that constantly use second wind to restore their health. It's like I have to kill them 4 times, while they only have to kill me once. The nobushi is invincible when she activates blissful rest. You're actually forced to allow her health to fully regenerate before doing any damage. If you won't remove/replace these feats or allow all players to apply them, can you introduce a feat that counters it? For example, a feat that doesn't allow your opponent to heal wounds that you caused when your feat was active.

razabak10mm
05-13-2017, 04:38 PM
Deal with it. It's feats like this that make the game fun. You want us all to be playing the generic bots in the loading screen?

The first time I saw a bushi do this, I literally thought she was cheating. I chipped her down and won that fight fair and square. She popped her Rest at the perfect time and came back to beat me.

Of course my initial reaction was to throw my tv through the window. But then I realized that that's a pretty cool Feat and it's just another facet of the game you have to deal with.

Even though it can get annoying, without stuff like this we might as well be playing rock, paper, scissors.

We.the.North
05-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Those are level 3 feats and promote further gameplay. They are fun. Do you know what's my 3rd Valkyrie's feat ?? A one shotting Javelin. I say one shotting since I always throw it during revenge or while my 2nd feat is active and yes, it then one shots people from 100% to 0%.

Javelin is the kind of feat I would call cancer. Healing feats are fine.

Sykoink
05-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Wow people really want to suck all the fun out of the game don't they. I've also seen people complaining about the auto revive feat from Warlord. Today i had a dominion match where both teams ended up at above 1000 points and my other 3 teammates died and i was being chased down by 3 enemies, i stopped and faced them hoping i could atleast take a couple with me, so i killed one of them and another at low health but then i died and the 2 remaining enemies were doing emotes celebrating there win........but as a warlord i had the auto revive feat unlocked, i stood up, grabbed one of them and threw him over the ledge LOL and fought against the remaining enemy and won that battle and the match. Everybody was spamming Wow! Wow! Good fight!... that moment was just amazing, especially since i didn't remember if i unlocked the feat yet.

These moments are great when they happen. Just removing all of these things take all sorts of fun out of the game.

People want classes nerfed, feats nerfed/removed, throwing of off ledges changed and the list goes on. Be careful what you wish for because in my experience in other games, when Devs do listen to these things and they finally remove / change things, those same people start to regret it and then the forums will flood again with topics to revert the changes.

SwellChemosabe
05-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Be me:
In a Dominion match with three rep 10+ warlords on the opposing team. They're pushing people off ledges left and right, no sense in going where they're at, that's the only way they manage to get a kill. Game is coming to an end, enemy team in the lead by a 100 points, both teams breaking, my team has two out of three objectives. The game comes to a complete stand still with only three players remaining on each team. "Lets just wait them out, we'll still win with a point lead." my team decides. so we wait, and we wait. I'm holding one objective alone, other two guys holding the battlefield. Warlord somehow sneaks up behind me seconds after we take the lead. We duke it out one on one. I beat him, keep the objective, decide to go join my teammates in an emote spamming or/gy. Coming down the latter and all of a sudden the objective turns blue with ten seconds left on the clock. Warlord had revived himself and won the game for his team. My reaction? "well played sir....well played." No need to be nerfing feats, just learn from your loss and move on.

Felis_Menari
05-13-2017, 06:56 PM
I hardly use Second Wind on my Lawbringer. The limited usage and weak heal (1 bar, bar and a half?) makes me gravitate towards Pugno Mortis instead.

thekingshad
05-13-2017, 06:57 PM
You all make fair points but why not just make all feats available to every hero? Then, no one could complain.

Alustar.exe
05-13-2017, 07:03 PM
If you knew what I am capable of with a bleed feat and an attack buff from the field those feats are the only way those classes would be able to survive against players like me. I say let them heal. It's balance.

Alustar.exe
05-13-2017, 07:06 PM
You all make fair points but why not just make all feats available to every hero? Then, no one could complain.

You have to rebalance the whole tree system otherwise you'd have pretty much the same 4 feats being run on every class if not all classes running the same build.

thekingshad
05-13-2017, 07:59 PM
You have to rebalance the whole tree system otherwise you'd have pretty much the same 4 feats being run on every class if not all classes running the same build.

If that's the case, It proves that whatever 4 feats being ran by every class are grossly overpowered and should be rebalanced. In my opinion, making all feats available to every hero is the fairest solution. To clarify, I mean all level 1 feats should be available to all heroes at level one, etc...

Netcode_err_404
05-13-2017, 08:09 PM
I agree the heals on LB are too much, but its not like the valk's javelin is less OP.

Or the autorevive from the wargod

Heck probably the most useless trait is the flashbang

Alustar.exe
05-13-2017, 08:39 PM
If that's the case, It proves that whatever 4 feats being ran by every class are grossly overpowered and should be rebalanced. In my opinion, making all feats available to every hero is the fairest solution. To clarify, I mean all level 1 feats should be available to all heroes at level one, etc...

Not really, I find that the reason I use certain feats is because of a lack of viable alternatives for survivabilty. Do not give assassin classes the option to heal on the fly.
Even the warlords feat is negated if you play smart and work for an execution.

kweassa1917
05-13-2017, 08:52 PM
Like others have adequately said, they're fine, thx.

UbiNoty
05-14-2017, 12:16 AM
We'll be removing feat CDR with the new gear stats revamp (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-290121-16/season-2-gear-stats-revamp).
And we're planning on taking a closer look at certain feats and re-evaluating them - I'll make a note to the devs about your feedback.

Helnekromancer
05-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Heals are fine as it is in the game right now and pick that defensive heal instead of a damage projectile or damage buff. If the heals were tier 1 feat then it would be a problem but since it 3-4 and players have to work for it. You should be able to choose how you want to fight.

Felis_Menari
05-14-2017, 12:40 AM
I agree the heals on LB are too much, but its not like the valk's javelin is less OP.

Or the autorevive from the wargod

Heck probably the most useless trait is the flashbang

No, Harsh Judgement is far worse. At least Flashbang can exhaust revengers and do enough damage to kill enemies in their last bar of health. I would say if Flashbang was to be buffed, make it a T1 feat or cause delayed/decreased stamina regen for several seconds.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 04:00 AM
No, Harsh Judgement is far worse. At least Flashbang can exhaust revengers and do enough damage to kill enemies in their last bar of health. I would say if Flashbang was to be buffed, make it a T1 feat or cause delayed/decreased stamina regen for several seconds.

Flashbang on PKs with CDR is OP.

Felis_Menari
05-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Flashbang on PKs with CDR is OP.

You must have some rotten luck; I've never seen prevalent flashbang usage in any of my matches. And really, the blast radius is pretty small. A single dodge from some characters, a roll from others, and the flashbang is avoided.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 10:20 AM
You must have some rotten luck; I've never seen prevalent flashbang usage in any of my matches. And really, the blast radius is pretty small. A single dodge from some characters, a roll from others, and the flashbang is avoided.

Actually, I use it with max CDR, which makes it extremely short cooldown and can be used in almost every encounter (unless you're meeting opponents in a one long, non-stop chain of events).

Superb escape tool, superb attack tool, nice finisher... and obviously, you'd think I'd use it better than just throw it smack in front of someone that's watching me in preparation to react. :D What do you think it does when combined with the PK's speed and stealth feet?

Egotistic_Ez
05-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Those are level 3 feats and promote further gameplay. They are fun. Do you know what's my 3rd Valkyrie's feat ?? A one shotting Javelin. I say one shotting since I always throw it during revenge or while my 2nd feat is active and yes, it then one shots people from 100% to 0%.

Javelin is the kind of feat I would call cancer. Healing feats are fine.

That's getting "fixed" with the new gear system though remember. No more attack affecting feats.

Gray360UK
05-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Actually, I use it with max CDR, which makes it extremely short cooldown and can be used in almost every encounter (unless you're meeting opponents in a one long, non-stop chain of events).

Superb escape tool, superb attack tool, nice finisher... and obviously, you'd think I'd use it better than just throw it smack in front of someone that's watching me in preparation to react. :D What do you think it does when combined with the PK's speed and stealth feet?

So you are the reason people still hate PKs .... ;)