PDA

View Full Version : EXPLAIN IN A NUT SHELL PLEASE

Mangomommy
01-01-2004, 10:21 AM
What ISSSSSSSS going on with Uru Live???? It's ready, it's not. There is a demo, there's not. It's free, it isn't. How much will it cost, I don't see that anywhere. I played the game. Decided to check out the multi-player side of it. When signing up for Uru Live page should say "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" LEAVE E-MAIL ADDRESS AND WE'LL CONTACT YOU WHEN UP AND RUNNING! Sorry, I wasn't yelling at anyone. I just want to play the game. I am a TOTALLY recreational computer user and just want the facts. In plain English, what's up with the Live portion??? Thanks for holding my hand

Mangomommy
01-01-2004, 10:21 AM
What ISSSSSSSS going on with Uru Live???? It's ready, it's not. There is a demo, there's not. It's free, it isn't. How much will it cost, I don't see that anywhere. I played the game. Decided to check out the multi-player side of it. When signing up for Uru Live page should say "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" LEAVE E-MAIL ADDRESS AND WE'LL CONTACT YOU WHEN UP AND RUNNING! Sorry, I wasn't yelling at anyone. I just want to play the game. I am a TOTALLY recreational computer user and just want the facts. In plain English, what's up with the Live portion??? Thanks for holding my hand

belford
01-01-2004, 10:51 AM
"It's ready, it's not": It's not ready. It's still in beta. It will be ready in early 2004 -- that's all they've said.

"There is a demo, there's not": There is a demo.

"It's free, it isn't": You mean the game or the demo? The demo is free. The game is still free, because it's in beta. When it begins, it will cost money, but you will get a free month (starting when it begins, or when you sign up, whichever comes later.)

"How much will it cost": They haven't said.

During the current beta ("Prologue") phase, you can poke around and talk to people. There isn't much to do. They have hinted that more areas will open up before the game begins, but that isn't certain.

dividertabs
01-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Currently, only one server for Uru: Live is up and you have to sign up on a waiting list to get invited to play on it. This will continue until They are finished testing the servers.

When the testing phase is completed, Uru: Live will be a subscription service. I don't think they've decided what the price will be, but if it's like most similar games it will be $10-$15 per month.

However, everyone who bought the game gets a free month.

Ki 01235796

Moleculor
01-01-2004, 10:53 AM
1. Wrong forum. This is for NON-Uru topics ONLY. (They should move this forum to the BOTTOM of the listing.)

2. Uru Live is in beta. They keep calling it 'Prologue' because they're trying to keep this as non-computer as possible, but it's in beta. To get in, you have to get invited. (Beta means... yes, exactly what you said. Under construction. Working the bugs out.)

3. It'll be ready when it's ready. It'll be released when it's either ready, or when Ubi rushes it out the door when it ISN'T ready like it does everything else.

dividertabs
01-01-2004, 10:55 AM
What great timing we all have.
He posts at 9:21, half an hour elapses with no response, and then belford, myself, and Molecular respond within 3 minutes of each other.

Ki 01235796

Mangomommy
01-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks to all for the simultaneous postings! Hold my hand one more sec dividertabs. Regarding the cost, you said could be $10-$15 per month for subscription service, if like simular games...urrrr here come what you might think a really dumb question...ready? What are simular games (so I can research) and how long does it take to play the dang thing (since you said 10-15 per month). I'm really stumped on the "per month" thing. Can you like play the game online for years it you want to? See, I told you I was purely recreational. Thanks again

Mangomommy
01-01-2004, 12:39 PM
P.S. Sorry I posted in the wrong forum too

mystmum
01-02-2004, 02:06 PM
From what I can gather, the developers will keep adding new ages to the online component, so game play can be an indefinite experience.

__________________________________________________ _________
Every day above ground is another day waiting.

Kirsehn
01-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Examples of other MMOGs that charge 10-15 dollars a month:

Everquest
Dark Ages of Camelot
Star Wars Galaxies

Srikandi
01-02-2004, 04:58 PM
This is really a new kind of online game, MM, but the idea is certainly that you can play "forever"... new Ages and other new content will be added continuously.

I believe Ultima Online is the oldest graphical multiplayer online game; that's been around for what, 7 years? And still going strong. There are text-based multiplayer online games that have been around much longer. So, forever could be a pretty long time.

Sri's Relto (http://members.cox.net/srikandi/Uru/)