PDA

View Full Version : Not Getting Credit For Tank Kills

Breeze147
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm flying the stock Russian Sturmo campaign. In the last 5 missions or so, I have blown up at least 5 tanks, but I am not getting credit for them. It shows up on the screen when it happens - Enemy Tank Destroyed - but not in my stats or in the mission summary. Has anyone else encountered this?

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap16.jpg

Breeze147
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm flying the stock Russian Sturmo campaign. In the last 5 missions or so, I have blown up at least 5 tanks, but I am not getting credit for them. It shows up on the screen when it happens - Enemy Tank Destroyed - but not in my stats or in the mission summary. Has anyone else encountered this?

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap16.jpg

Udidtoo
06-23-2004, 06:42 PM
In some cases Tank destroyed comes on the screen when infact it was an armoured car or AA vehicle.

When that happens its listed in your vehicles destroyed column not your tanks.

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

-HH- Beebop
06-23-2004, 07:29 PM
One of my squadmates recently discovered the same "problem".
What happens is in the stats you only get credit for direct hits, not colatteral damage. It is entirely possible to get the points for destroying 10 tanks, 3 vehicles and 7 wagons and still get a 0% hits tally if none of your ordinance actually struck anything.

Odd..........but true.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9334/Image6.jpg
Previously known as Beebop_54

Zeus-cat
06-23-2004, 10:29 PM
The file HH_Beebop is talking about is the Dgen.log file in the root directory for IL-2. Below is a sample of what it records for each player if you host a multiplayer mission. Regrettably, this info isn't recorded if you fly offline (unless you fly your mission using the multiplay option). Anyway, I noticed that we were dropping bombs and destroying ground targets, but our "hit bombs" numbers were awful. I did a test offline and found that I got credit for destroying a convoy with bombs, but as the bombs landed 10m from the nearest truck, I got a zero in the "hit bombs" category.

Udidtoo is correct in what he says. But I think you are refferring to something else. As far as your problem with destroying tanks and not getting credit for them, a similar thing has happened to me last week. I attacked a train in a P-47 campaign mission recently and nothing else. When I ended the mission it said I had destroyed four guns and three planes on the ground. Huh? It has only happened to me once, so I didn't worry about it.

Dgen.log data
Name: Zeus-cat
Score: 200
State: Landed at Airfield
Enemy Aircraft Kill: 2
Enemy Static Aircraft Kill: 0
Enemy Tank Kill: 0
Enemy Car Kill: 0
Enemy Artillery Kill: 0
Enemy AAA Kill: 0
Enemy Wagon Kill: 0
Enemy Ship Kill: 0