PDA

View Full Version : Improving the "Troop" Flag

Helnekromancer
05-13-2017, 02:55 AM
Just as the title says, I have played tons of Dominion and secretly the flag with the troops on it controls the pace of the game and whomever takes control of that dictates the flow of the other two but at the end of game that player who held down that objective got 0 in the objective column.

Is that a bug or just implies that that area isn't needed and players should just go to the other two since I've noticed the team that owns that flag troops will get pushed off it because their soldiers cant handle the wave that is coming towards them and if not tending too will get overrun.

Not sure if it was like that in the beta but if that was made because data shown players ignore those types of flag, I think if they improved the troops it would give players more urgency to hold that spot.

The soldiers that take the spot simply sit idle and do nothing but if they made traps to impede the incoming wave of enemy or after a amount of time they get a captain to boost their morale and if the flag is successfully defended that flag will have a max 3 captains that will hold that flag down, making players force to acknowledge it's presence and take it back.

Season 2 is changing this game entirely and I think if they improve Dominion which is always active will help players will learn how to cooperate and play off each others strengths and weaknesses.

Also this makes Heroes with Body Count and Inspire more desirable to use in this team oriented game mode since their feats is more towards that flag, giving that flag more power will give them more influence in the game. :)

Moondyne_MC
05-13-2017, 04:16 AM
I actually really like the idea of gaining captains the longer your troops hold that point, that's great. As a Nobushi main, I have probably the single greatest wave-clear zone in the game, and can pretty much destroy the maximum amount of troops with 3 zones, which frankly is ridiculous.

Helnekromancer
05-13-2017, 05:24 AM
I actually really like the idea of gaining captains the longer your troops hold that point, that's great. As a Nobushi main, I have probably the single greatest wave-clear zone in the game, and can pretty much destroy the maximum amount of troops with 3 zones, which frankly is ridiculous.

Great to see another fellow Nobushi main :). She is very useful in Dominion. If she isn't shooting a bunching of arrows shes healing her team.

VJWalker85
05-13-2017, 05:44 AM
I don't know how I feel about captains but I do agree that more should be brought to that center point. Especially considering Vanguards extra renown gain comes from owning the center. As a conqueror I use to sit in the center a lot due to the extra serviceability it gave me (heal on minion kill) but now a days I don't see the point. No renown gain.

Helnekromancer
05-13-2017, 06:20 AM
I don't know how I feel about captains but I do agree that more should be brought to that center point. Especially considering Vanguards extra renown gain comes from owning the center. As a conqueror I use to sit in the center a lot due to the extra serviceability it gave me (heal on minion kill) but now a days I don't see the point. No renown gain.

Captains aren't that strong compared to a player but they can easily cut down regular grunt soldiers and so the huge wave doesn't push back so the enemy team has to send someone over to deal with the captain and troops because its really annoying to clear all those soldiers and go support somewhere else only to have that point reset because someone wasn't there to stop the huge wave coming in.

VJWalker85
05-13-2017, 06:23 AM
Ah, I like that.

kweassa1917
05-13-2017, 09:10 AM
It is true those fighting at mid despite the importance of the role aren't properly rewarded, whereas just staying at side zone and doing nothing yields even higher scores than those who fought their arse off.

cragar212
05-13-2017, 09:36 AM
It's not like personal score really matters, you get a few more war assets :rolleyes:

I friggin hate captains lol. They are the trolls of FH. Yesterday I was about to win a 2v1. Had last guy out of stam and baited a parry. While waiting for slow motion parry to come around a captain randomly walks over and GBs be. I eat the exhausted heavy and die. CaptainRAGE

Gray360UK
05-13-2017, 11:41 AM
I had hatemail from a guy on my team once because at the end of a match I had 0 for my Objectives total even though I had held B for the entire game (also on Nobushi, funnily enough).

I know the official explanation is that A and C are Zones, while B is a 'front' which is supposed to be an ever changing ebb and flow battle zone rather than a static goal like the zones. Still, if you clear 30 minions and are definitely instrumental in your side getting B, it would be nice to have that recognised.

kweassa1917
05-13-2017, 12:17 PM
It's not like personal score really matters, you get a few more war assets :rolleyes:

I friggin hate captains lol. They are the trolls of FH. Yesterday I was about to win a 2v1. Had last guy out of stam and baited a parry. While waiting for slow motion parry to come around a captain randomly walks over and GBs be. I eat the exhausted heavy and die. CaptainRAGE

It matters, since the score is a proportionate display of the amount of renown you've earned = feat unlocks. A guy parked at the side zones doing occasional 1v1s will be getting higher scores, lower deaths, and all their 4 feats long before people at mid fighting continuous waves of minions and multiple enemies can even make their way to tier2~3 feats.

SnugglesIV
05-13-2017, 01:55 PM
1) Captains are horrible. They're worthless in Skirmish because of how little points and renown they give, and they can feed revenge to the other team (or interrupt your attacks with their own). Adding them into dominion is a bad idea.
2) The Front (ie. the point with the minions on it) is not worthless to hold. The fact that the team that doesn't hold it gets MORE minions is actually way better for the team holding the Front because of how much points farming minions can accrue. As a Nobushi main, I'm sure you have noticed this. Not only do you gain reputation and points at a crazy rate, you can also constantly sustain yourself and slowly win the war of attrition on anyone who tries to duel you on the front. It's definitely a strong point to have, as long as you have the characters who can take advantage of it.
3) The only reason people ignore the front is because you can't boost it, and once you have taken it, it's not awfully hard to keep control of it. All you have to do is have a roamer clear minions as they move between the other two points, and prevent the other team from clearing your minions. Compare this with the other points which can be stolen by a single person if it is not being boosted, or having to kill a player to take a boosted point from the other team, and you can see why there tends to be more resources committed to protecting or attacking points other than the front.

UbiNoty
05-14-2017, 12:47 AM
I really like your discussion about ideas for putting more emphasis on different points and objectives of the dominion map. I've always felt like there could be a bit more dimension. I'll be sure to bring it up with the team for them to take a look at!

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 03:11 AM
Cavalry.

We need the cavlary! :D

Gray360UK
05-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Cavalry.

We need the cavlary! :D

https://i.imgflip.com/jvzk2.gif