PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a game.

RaptorGangster
05-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Now this is a guessing game, my team has one reputation 2, one reputation 1, and the rest are below level 10, we are in Dominion and our highest gear stat is 48. Now the enemy team composed of 3 people above reputation 5 and one right behind them at 4, with gear stat and 108 besides the reputation 4 who is only like 15 or so off. Take a guess at who beat the living **** out of the other like a man privates when he has not felt another humans embrace his whole life.

Im_just_Clumsy
05-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Gear doesn't matter if you hit them and don't let them to hit you. Simple as that

RaptorGangster
05-12-2017, 09:46 PM
The main thing I don't like is they most likely than not have way more time on the game and know every little tip and trick, there are times when I'm fighting someone and they do something and I'm just sitting there like "What in god's green earth did I just witness?"

We.the.North
05-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Gear doesn't matter if you hit them and don't let them to hit you. Simple as that

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5xpnje/for_honor_defined_gear_stats_revenge_gain_and_more/

tell me again gear doesn't matter. The +30% defense alone is gamebreaking since taking more hits also means building more revenge and procing revenge in 1v1 against a gearless person is suicide. You might be super good and beat a geared person in 1v1, but the odds are highly in the other person's favor.

Kraxers
05-12-2017, 10:42 PM

The most stupid argument ever.

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Im gs 98 on PK and i 2 shot people that have gs under 40 and people at 60-80 gs i 4-5 hit them the only people that put up a fight ir 108 gs people......so gs matters ALOT....

razabak10mm
05-13-2017, 01:39 AM

Derp.

Maybe, just maybe, someone with 108gs has put just a little bit of time into that character. And maybe those guys shouldn't be grouped up with someone who just picked up the game. Call me crazy.

The time and practice and therefore the skill a 108 has matters way more than the gear they are wearing, but it shows they are on a different lvl.

Im_just_Clumsy
05-13-2017, 03:40 PM
The time and practice and therefore the skill a 108 has matters way more than the gear they are wearing, but it shows they are on a different lvl.

Yeah I agree with that, higher level means more experience with certain character, but gear alone don't change anything. When I start playing new characters I don't use crates before I get to pres 3 and I don't have any problems with ppl on max level gear, but it takes experience on how to deal with them and just skill itself. You have right that new players will have a problem, but it's not an issue with old players on new characters without gear. I'm just addressing gear problem.

razabak10mm
05-13-2017, 04:50 PM
I for sure have trouble when I try a new hero. And while gear is a factor, it's the skill lvl that is hard to deal with. You can overcome the difference in GS, but when a very skilled person chops you up and spits you out without letting you get a hit in, it's a moot point.

The way I understand from the latest live stream is it's all going to change after the patch anyway. So they are fixing the gap in GS problem, but the player skill gap not so much.

So for new players it's good that gear isn't going to be as much a factor as it was, but bad that rep 0 peeps will still be getting paired with 108+ peeps.

tcs1991.ts
05-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Was in a match last with a low rep score team against a two with a rep level 25 warlord and a rep level 10 warden. We wiped them and their warlord only had 3 kills. They were also both 108 gs.

FledgeSRondo
05-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Check out this match I got put into. My teammates had low Rep/Gear scores, one of them was a bot, the other team had much higher Rep/Gear scores, when I got into the match my team was already losing by a huge spread, we weren't holding ANY objectives, and all my teammates were dead across the battlefield. I call it Matchmaking Hell. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK-6h8G8BmU

tcs1991.ts
05-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Check out this match I got put into. My teammates had low Rep/Gear scores, one of them was a bot, the other team had much higher Rep/Gear scores, when I got into the match my team was already losing by a huge spread, we weren't holding ANY objectives, and all my teammates were dead across the battlefield. I call it Matchmaking Hell. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK-6h8G8BmU

But your rep level 27 with 108 gs! You can't even make the slightest difference in this match?! But but you have better gear than 3/4 of their team! And more exp than the entire team!

There goes the gear matters theory. Damn.

FledgeSRondo
05-13-2017, 10:34 PM
But your rep level 27 with 108 gs! You can't even make the slightest difference in this match?! But but you have better gear than 3/4 of their team! And more exp than the entire team!

There goes the gear matters theory. Damn.

What? Look closely. I'm not the only 108 GS here, one of the enemy team members is also 108 gs, and the other two enemy players also have high gs close to 108 (they just haven't upgraded their weapon levels to the max yet, possibly because of the upcoming gear stat system change).

Also, Rep has nothing to do with Gear score, nor does it give you any kind of statistical advantage, it only says how much experience/time you have playing. Sure I'm Rep 27, but that only means I've been playing the game longer than they have. Keep in mind you can start getting the best gear after Rep3, and note how they're all Rep 6, 7 and 10: this, in my experience means they at least know how to play their respective characters competently. One expert player against 3 competent and well-geared players is still very, very one sided, especially when saddled with two teammates who have no Rep or GS to speak of and a bot. It basically becomes a 1v4 match, with my teammates serving as little more than fodder and me standing alone trying to make up for our utter disadvantage, not to mention our side starting from an already losing wide margin. That's quite a mountain to climb.

Compounded with all the other disadvantages it isn't surprising that we didn't win this match (though it was close, and that doesn't exactly mean I haven't somehow pulled a deus ex machina victory in similar matches :rolleyes:).

UbiNoty
05-14-2017, 12:07 AM
We'll be updating the matchmaking system soon! We know matchmaking has been in a bad spot, but the reason we were running into difficulties with changing it was because match sessions were created before heroes are locked in.

Our plans to improve, and hopefully create a more balanced matchmaking system will be to basically add the sum of your rep across all your heroes, and this will then be factored into your mmr. Even then, we'll continue tweaking the system until we can get it into a good place.