PDA

View Full Version : New Values for Throw and Sprint

FledgeSRondo
05-12-2017, 09:27 PM
I read through some of the new gear stats changes and was wondering how Throw and Sprint Speed were going to be valued. Right now I main Warden and have Sprint speed maxed on all builds (I lose out completely on Execution Regen but I'm okay with that because I simply can't stand slow running when I'm trying to get somewhere in time), and I have certain builds tailored around max Throw (it's useful on certain maps like High Fort if you're guarding an objective and become outnumbered to gain Revenge and toss one of the opponents over a ledge so you can focus on the remaining opponent(s)).

I've played around with these and can definitely feel the difference between levels, but since they're not going to be stats anymore I'm concerned where they'll actually be set. Are these now going to be defaulted to their current max, to their minimum, or somewhere in between that will be tweaked specific to each hero or universal for all?

Father_Giliam
05-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Not sure what you are asking? Best I can put it, gear with sprint speed and throw distance will have those properties entirely removed, will be replaced (unsure of what though) with a new stat. Throw distance and sprint speed will be the base level for each hero, which each has different values.

FledgeSRondo
05-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Not sure what you are asking? Best I can put it, gear with sprint speed and throw distance will have those properties entirely removed, will be replaced (unsure of what though) with a new stat. Throw distance and sprint speed will be the base level for each hero, which each has different values.

What I was wondering was how far throws would now go and how fast characters would now run given that these gear stats are being removed. If it's now being defaulted to the base levels as you suggest, well, geez louise, that would be pretty disappointing, at least where sprint speed is concerned, as I love playing Warden's moveset but personally couldn't stand the Warden's slow base speed and maxed it out even at the expense of Execution Regen. I hate the feeling of inexorability when trying to get somewhere in time only to find I'm too late. And although the articulated reasoning behind removing the Sprint Speed stat is to discourage running away, currently Warden's max run speed isn't enough to escape most fights at all unless there's some distracting element involved, so reducing it to that base level only serves to make it nigh impossible to get out of scrapes and a slog to get places, which is painful.

I'm not as concerned about the Throw distance since it was only for a situational build playstyle I used (I prefer focusing on fighting), though I will miss having the playstyle variety.