PDA

View Full Version : Kensei buff

dekot11
05-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Are devs even talking about it?

I'll be happy if they just made his dash attacks safe on block. And maybe give him a little more stamina. And if they're feeling generous make it so his dash attacks go into combos even on block. That last one might be a little too much but he will still be weaker than top tier.

Dizzy4213
05-12-2017, 05:42 PM

I'll be happy if they just made his dash attacks safe on block. And maybe give him a little more stamina. And if they're feeling generous make it so his dash attacks go into combos even on block. That last one might be a little too much but he will still be weaker than top tier.

No doesn't seem like it. I don't even play Kensei, but even I couldn't help but facepalm when they said a free GB by blocking Kensei's dash attack is fine. Damien even admitted that it's probabaly not the best choice to main Kensei. Yet they think the Warlord is perfectly acceptable in his current state when he has no downsides at all.

I don't think this game will ever be balanced properly. Especially when they keep going on about this stupid win/loss matrix. You cannot judge a character's effectiveness purely based off of that, and doing so is simply idiotic to say the least. There are many more factors that come in to play. The biggest one being the skill of the player that uses that hero.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 05:42 PM
They haven't said anything lately about him. Since they recently buffed him I doubt it will be anytime soon. I'm guessing they are going to be keeping an eye on how the two new characters are going to be first. They've also mentioned how conq isn't in a great spot.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 05:45 PM
No doesn't seem like it. I don't even play Kensei, but even I couldn't help but facepalm when they said a free GB by blocking Kensei's dash attack is fine. Damien even admitted that it's probabaly not the best choice to main Kensei. Yet they think the Warlord is perfectly acceptable in his current state when he has no downsides at all.

I don't think this game will ever be balanced properly. Especially when they keep going on about this stupid win/loss matrix. You cannot judge a character's effectiveness just based off of that, and doing so is simply idiotic to say the least. There are many more factors that come in to play. The biggest one being the skill of the player that uses that hero.

This is a good point. If what the say is true about the shinobi being the most technical character in the game then I can easily see him having the worst win/loss ratio while still being one of the strongest. That type of character also attracts a certain type of person regardless of difficulty, think hanzo and genji mains.

Netcode_err_404
05-12-2017, 05:53 PM

I don't think this game will ever be balanced properly. Especially when they keep going on about this stupid win/loss matrix. You cannot judge a character's effectiveness purely based off of that, and doing so is simply idiotic to say the least. There are many more factors that come in to play. The biggest one being the skill of the player that uses that hero.

No wait, they really said warlord is "acceptable" ?

That explain a lot about the current issues.

Dizzy4213
05-12-2017, 05:56 PM
This is a good point. If what the say is true about the shinobi being the most technical character in the game then I can easily see him having the worst win/loss ratio while still being one of the strongest. That type of character also attracts a certain type of person regardless of difficulty, think hanzo and genji mains.

Yes especially with that low health pool. If I had to guess, he has 90HP. If that's the case he can easily be two shot by Raider, Berserker etc.

Unfortunately as you say, this character attracts certain types of people. It's a shame he's probabaly going to get a lot of hate since I'm looking forward to playing him the most, as I have yet to level up any of the assassins. Mainly because none of their movesets really appealed to me. I have to find the character fun otherwise I just lose interest. That's also why I have yet to level up Warlord.

Dizzy4213
05-12-2017, 06:02 PM
No wait, they really said warlord is "acceptable" ?

That explain a lot about the current issues.

They didn't say that exactly, but the impression that I got from them, was that they think Warlord is fine. They don't want to touch him, but instead, bring other heroes up to his level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUWlvhHW3rU

Skip to 1:31:55 to see their response to the Warlord.

Helnekromancer
05-12-2017, 06:23 PM

Yea really looking forward to playing him love using challenging characters. "Oh you guys say this is bad, let me make it work and show you wrong" Got Nobushi to work and kicking heads everywhere i go and after getting her to Rep 26 i think Shinobi is my next step. If I'm not challenged I just get bored so hopefully Shinobi can keep me excited and from looking at his kit and health pool he looks like a high risk high reward hero which sounds thrilling. :D

Kitsune..
05-12-2017, 07:19 PM

Swift Strike is working the way they want it to work. It's unsafe on block because otherways we will spam it. Probably the way wardens spam SB, valks spam sweep, PKs spam lights etc. lol.
/sarcasm

While we haven't talked much yet about a potential Kensei update, if we see that he is suffering relative to other heroes in terms of win-loss ratio we'll definitely take a closer look at him and see what needs to be done.

That's the most recent statement on Kensei I believe. A very polite "fck off". Statistics, you know, and all that jazz.

JamaasK
05-12-2017, 08:17 PM

Agreed. At least when ranked comes out, the effect will be mitigated, or be more precise. Balancing based off of the high skiledl playerbase instead of the whole playerbase.

Swift Strike is working the way they want it to work. It's unsafe on block because otherways we will spam it. Probably the way wardens spam SB, valks spam sweep, PKs spam lights etc. lol.
Facepalm.jpg

Kensei side dash attacks are always free parries unless they're dodging my attack and I'm in recovery, and even if they spam it, I can feint to bait the light dash for a free parry. I don't think the unsafe on block is necessary.

Kitsune..
05-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Kensei side dash attacks are always free parries unless they're dodging my attack and I'm in recovery, and even if they spam it, I can feint to bait the light dash for a free parry. I don't think the unsafe on block is necessary.
Tell it to Roman. I'm a Kensei main and should have probably put that /sarcasm there. And just did it.
TBH to hear all that Swift Strike BS was like 100 times more disheartening and frustrating than being rect for a whole evening. A HUGE disappointment.

MasterChiefPON
05-12-2017, 10:49 PM

It is ridiculous how he said Warlord is fine, I wouldn't care he has more tools than other characters if he didn't has that throw distance. Currently, you can be outplaying the Warlord and if for whatever reason he guarbreaks you, you go directly to an environmental hazard and it's an insta-kill.
I say this because I was playing brawls this afternoon and in one of them against a Warlord in the Sanctuary Bridge map with holes, spikes and fire, almost every time I was winning it only took one gb from him to throw me off, then for the rematch I picked a map without holes or spikes and I killed him every time. So if he makes a mistake I get a normal punish, but I have to play like a damn robot and not make any mistake or I get insta-killed. That's not balanced.

ZonalsEnd
05-13-2017, 04:08 PM
It is ridiculous how he said Warlord is fine, I wouldn't care he has more tools than other characters if he didn't has that throw distance. Currently, you can be outplaying the Warlord and if for whatever reason he guarbreaks you, you go directly to an environmental hazard and it's an insta-kill.
I say this because I was playing brawls this afternoon and in one of them against a Warlord in the Sanctuary Bridge map with holes, spikes and fire, almost every time I was winning it only took one gb from him to throw me off, then for the rematch I picked a map without holes or spikes and I killed him every time. So if he makes a mistake I get a normal punish, but I have to play like a damn robot and not make any mistake or I get insta-killed. That's not balanced.

Don't position yourself near these traps. In battle, watching your footing is a real thing.

MasterChiefPON
05-13-2017, 06:03 PM
That's the point, there are maps where I position myself as long as I can from the hazards but Warlord carries you that far, if the Warlord is somewhat fair he won't throw you off but if he only wants you dead you can't make a mistake or your're dead. I wouldn't care if I was in next to the hazard and well it was bad positioning, but I care if I know I'm avoiding the hazards but with one gb he took me that far anyways.

ZonalsEnd
05-13-2017, 06:18 PM
That's the point, there are maps where I position myself as long as I can from the hazards but Warlord carries you that far, if the Warlord is somewhat fair he won't throw you off but if he only wants you dead you can't make a mistake or your're dead. I wouldn't care if I was in next to the hazard and well it was bad positioning, but I care if I know I'm avoiding the hazards but with one gb he took me that far anyways.

I'll concede that the throw range is a bit too far. I feel the same way about Raider though.

Warlords get too much hate.

mathi4s
05-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Here is a clip where a youtuber playing as kensei, dodges a warlords headbut and does a dash attack. The Warlord manages to recover no problem before the dash attack gets to him. Blocks it. Gets a free GB and there goes the kensei off the ledge. If someone is seriously saying that this is OK then he is mentally challenged. There is no way arround it.

https://youtu.be/Kw9-YZW9zoU

Dizzy4213
05-13-2017, 07:16 PM
I'll concede that the throw range is a bit too far. I feel the same way about Raider though.

Warlords get too much hate.

Raider isn't an issue, same with Lawbringer. Yes, they can carry you quite far, but it's not much of an issue as they can only do it in one direction. This gives the player some breathing room as they only need to watch their back. Warlord does not, he has a stupidly huge throw distance in any direction.

Warlord gets a lot of hate yes, but it's completely deserved. He is straight up broken, and so overpowered compared to the other heroes it's not even funny. He has no downsides. You'll see Warlord mains trying to defend him by saying he has poor range or whatever, when that's not even an issue. Range in this game hardly makes a difference. The devs for whatever reason, seem to think he's 'fine'. They also think it's acceptable to get a free GB when blocking Kensei's Swift Strike which is ridiculous. They didn't want Kensei to 'spam it' lol, but a Warden spamming their 50/50 Shoulder Bash is totally okay with them. The balancing in this game is a ****ing joke!

MadeArtifact
05-13-2017, 07:33 PM
My main is kensei and I have a 80% winning %

zide-
05-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Kensei is OP for gods sake, no need for buff.

Netcode_err_404
05-13-2017, 08:03 PM

This comment deserves to be copy pasted and framed in some top tier museum

Netcode_err_404
05-13-2017, 08:04 PM
My main is kensei and I have a 80% winning %
http://prntscr.com/f7gjpx

Yes I see LoL

Kitsune..
05-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Soooo
WL doesn't need nerfs.
Kensei doesn't need buffs.
Kensei is on par with WL.
:D
You must BELIEVE!

ZonalsEnd
05-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Raider isn't an issue, same with Lawbringer. Yes, they can carry you quite far, but it's not much of an issue as they can only do it in one direction. This gives the player some breathing room as they only need to watch their back. Warlord does not, he has a stupidly huge throw distance in any direction.

Warlord gets a lot of hate yes, but it's completely deserved. He is straight up broken, and so overpowered compared to the other heroes it's not even funny. He has no downsides. You'll see Warlord mains trying to defend him by saying he has poor range or whatever, when that's not even an issue. Range in this game hardly makes a difference. The devs for whatever reason, seem to think he's 'fine'. They also think it's acceptable to get a free GB when blocking Kensei's Swift Strike which is ridiculous. They didn't want Kensei to 'spam it' lol, but a Warden spamming their 50/50 Shoulder Bash is totally okay with them. The balancing in this game is a ****ing joke!

I just don't see the point in *****ing about a specific character being 'over powered'. If you know what the character's strengths are and what they are going to use against you then avoid it. If you know he is going to throw you off and you're worried about it then hit the button they made to counter it. Plain and simple.

If you KNOW they are going to use it against you then adapt.

I hated getting stuck in the Valkyrie sweep loop, so I figured out how to dodge it. Plain and simple.

Antonioj26
05-13-2017, 08:29 PM

Hahahahahahahaaaaahhhhhhaaaahahahhahahah

Netcode_err_404
05-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Soooo
WL doesn't need nerfs.
Kensei doesn't need buffs.
Kensei is on par with WL.
:D
You must BELIEVE!

Next patch kensei will be nerfed and they will add 100 meters to the warlord GB.

Because for honor is "BALNACED"

Kitsune..
05-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Next patch kensei will be nerfed and they will add 100 meters to the warlord GB.

Because for honor is "BALNACED"

One day we'll log in and find out that we have to fight with a bokken instead of nodachi. For balance sake ofc.

Netcode_err_404
05-13-2017, 08:41 PM
One day we'll log in and find out that we have to fight with a bokken instead of nodachi. For balance sake ofc.

How about a broken butter knife ?

Kitsune..
05-13-2017, 08:47 PM
How about a broken butter knife ?
Reminds me of this thing
http://nv.ua/img/article/784/75_main.jpg

Kinda Kensei's kit in a nutshell.

dekot11
05-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Or they could speed up his second light (stab to the face). It looks like it should be fast but it gets blocked like 90% of the time and occasionally parried. I don't think I've ever been hit by it. And I play on Xbox. Or they could just speed up his side lights by a lot, maybe make him use his hilt like the raider.

And they should also speed up swift strike to the point where people can't block it even when you use it to dodge one of their attacks. Keep it unsafe on block but at least let it do what it was designed to do.

I just watched the latest devstream and it looks they don't give af about kensei. How can you be concerned that a kensei might spam swift strike but you think warlord is fine? That makes no sense. This is a good game but I keep thinking a better team could have made a great game. While I'm *****ing I also want to say that they seem to give zero ****s about consoles. They need to realize this game is going to be bigger on consoles than on PC for the foreseeable future and act accordingly.

Kitsune..
05-14-2017, 08:33 PM
On a serious note I would like to leave this thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6b446b/kensei_needs_a_rework_so_badly_that_its_not_even/) here. It would be nice to get an upvote and suggestions from fellow Kensei players and attention from the devs.
Maybe someone would like even to put aside that crappy data that tells him about Orochi's awesome wallsplats and such kind of BS and listen to the actual community.

Herbstlicht
05-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, though I guess Kensei still kills noobs in team modes .. hm yeah, after Raider, he needs a buff the very most. After Orochi i spend some time on him before going to Nobushi. Not saying Nobushinis strong, but compared to poor Kensei .. well, Nobushi isn't as punishable, can at least work somewhat with her range and her quick attacks actually are fast enough to hit at times. Kensei has nothing against a turtle right now.

Oupyz
05-14-2017, 11:27 PM
Nobushi is trash tier she is as bad as him , at least he got fast guardstancee switch , Nobushi got **** vs assassins who knows how to feint

UbiJurassic
05-15-2017, 12:42 AM
There's no changes that we're aware of coming to Kensei in the near future. We have been listening to the community's feedback and we know that there are players we feel he is underpowered in the current state of the game. We'll make sure to continue monitoring him and we'll make changes where necessary.

On a serious note I would like to leave this thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6b446b/kensei_needs_a_rework_so_badly_that_its_not_even/) here. It would be nice to get an upvote and suggestions from fellow Kensei players and attention from the devs.
Maybe someone would like even to put aside that crappy data that tells him about Orochi's awesome wallsplats and such kind of BS and listen to the actual community.

Thanks for sharing the thread! We do keep a close eye on the competitive subreddit and appreciate the feedback. :)