PDA

View Full Version : The ''Git gud'' mentality and how to get there?

GeneralPolov
05-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Hey,

I never really post on these forums thinking that playing the game itself would give me all the fun I needed but there has been something that's become more and more evident to me as I continued playing.
You see, I recently returned to the game after having lost interest due to other game releases. And my skills have been rather sloppy since. Not a problem. But is it just me or is the community grown more toxic than it used to be? At Launch you had highly skilled players give actual tips and advice when they noticed you were struggling with one of their big flashy feint double trickshot combos. These days, whenever I get my *** handed to me, I ask these people ''Oh wow how'd you manage to predict my moves so easily?'' And some of the nicer replies come down to ''Because I'm not a peasant like you! Go play duel with your noob friends.''

If anything I am not expecting people to be helpful at all times some people just can't be bothered but it has become so frequent that I've started to lose interest in playing the game alltogether since every loss I get a tirade from the supposed winner of how much of a ''Disgusting noob ****'' I am.

Has anyone else encountered this? And how did they manage to improve after a long absence from the game? Thanks in advance!

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Honestly, the FH forums and communities are the most flacid bunch of carebears around.

When you ever get close to a really "toxic" community, trust me. You'll know.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Hey,

I never really post on these forums thinking that playing the game itself would give me all the fun I needed but there has been something that's become more and more evident to me as I continued playing.
You see, I recently returned to the game after having lost interest due to other game releases. And my skills have been rather sloppy since. Not a problem. But is it just me or is the community grown more toxic than it used to be? At Launch you had highly skilled players give actual tips and advice when they noticed you were struggling with one of their big flashy feint double trickshot combos. These days, whenever I get my *** handed to me, I ask these people ''Oh wow how'd you manage to predict my moves so easily?'' And some of the nicer replies come down to ''Because I'm not a peasant like you! Go play duel with your noob friends.''

If anything I am not expecting people to be helpful at all times some people just can't be bothered but it has become so frequent that I've started to lose interest in playing the game alltogether since every loss I get a tirade from the supposed winner of how much of a ''Disgusting noob ****'' I am.

Has anyone else encountered this? And how did they manage to improve after a long absence from the game? Thanks in advance!

That's kind of a lame response on their end. I'd say for the most part people are pretty cool. Some get salty as hell but I've never given someone a compliment and been thrown a "git gud." I play on console by the way so I don't think people message each other nearly as often.

SnugglesIV
05-12-2017, 01:50 PM
I haven't really stopped playing For Honor but my suggestion would be to start off with some VS AI to get the rust off first. Sometimes it can take 30 minutes to warm up, even if you have been playing the game for a while and haven't taken a break. If you've taken a long break, you might need some more time to regain the muscle memory of playing your main.

Other than that, I suggest you quickly re familiarise yourself with some of the characters as some of them have really changed (case in point, LB and Shugoki). I can't give any more tips unless I know the specific problems you are facing.

Xynrex
05-12-2017, 01:52 PM
There is a simple solution:

GIT GUD

http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=76061

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Also if you play on PS4 I'll spar with you and give you some pointers

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Play warden and spamm Git Gud scrub ! thats how you play for honor

Draghmar
05-12-2017, 03:19 PM
I remember only one incident when someone called me 'Ping' in Elimination blaming latency for the fact that I fought off two Lawbringers and one Nobushi. Not all at once of course. They just made few mistakes that I've manage to get advantage of. ;)
But besides above action I at most didn't get any response and in duels it's quite often to get Good Fight! message or even some typed.

The longest absence I had was nine days. :P First fight I had was Elimination and Berserk as a opponent. Funny things was that there was some time right at the beginning when I couldn't remember what to do. :D Especially because I really don't like fighting against Berserkers. :P But after a short while I've manage to back on track...so my advise is - just play and it will come back.

Hammelsneid
05-12-2017, 06:25 PM
My magic recipe for this case, wich I'm successfully using since a few days after launch:

Turn the textchat off in the interface options and enjoy the game without the verbal diarrhea of these passive aggressive chimps, who never had a chance to learn how to behave in public towards other people, they don't know personally. They should kiss their mothers with these mouths, of whom they learned such a behaviour probably in the first place (or never learned it because of the lack of parents, who knows *shrug*).

PS: Oh, boy, am I salty ..