PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki needs new moves

Enjolras_ABC
05-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Since the nerf, Oni charge became useless in 1 vs 1 situations. When i was playing a duel, i never used oni charge more then once but now that it is gone Shugoki lacks a good move. Are the developers planning to buff Shugoki's kit ?

DrExtrem
05-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Right you are!

He needs:
- hyper armor to make sure, he can trade damage
- stun
- one shot ability, that heals

Oh wait ...

HiTeHa
05-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Right you are!

He needs:
- hyper armor to make sure, he can trade damage
- stun
- one shot ability, that heals

Oh wait ...

DrExtrem shows how noobs think. He never tryed Shugoki and he never understand how fight against Shugoki:
- hyper armor which can be removed by GB which is save and non-punishable
- stun after every light / heavy attack which do 0 damage, push away enemy so Shugoki can not continue with attacking
- one shoot ability that heals which works only against noobs and enemies which not know how dodge

... hmm great

Enjolras_ABC
05-12-2017, 12:31 PM
DrExtrem shows how noobs think. He never tryed Shugoki and he never understand how fight against Shugoki:
- stun after every light / heavy attack which do 0 damage, push away enemy so Shugoki can not continue with attacking
- one shoot ability that heals which works only against noobs and enemies which not know how dodge

... hmm great

Thank you.

Dizzy4213
05-12-2017, 12:47 PM
I think he needs a bit of a rework. He's just so boring to play as, and fight against. Light into headbutt, rinse and repeat. Throw in the occasional GB and Heavy feint and that's it!

sssnake154
05-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Also it will be great if devs will look on his recovery time.
OR i might do something wrong and you guys will correct me, but here is the point:
If you knocked down opponent with no stam, you get a free charge, which is, for sure, do a ton of damage and can literally destroy your enemy. Sounds great, for sure, but animatuon and recovery is so freaking slow, that opponent gets a free GB on you, which can lead to throw/heavy/environmental.
OR as i said before - i might be doing something wrong with timing, so please tell me if that's a case.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 12:59 PM
I'd be happy with a charged-heavy feint, and a heavy-charged heavy, heavy-charged heavy-feint..

Enjolras_ABC
05-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Here are some combos that you can do with Shugoki:

1- Light>Feint Heavy>GB>Heavy
2- Light>Feint Heavy>Light
2- Light>Feint Heavy>Light>Feint Heavy>Light>Headbutt (Beyblade combo)
3- Light>Feint Heavy>Hug
4- Light>Feint Heavy>WAGASHİCHUNİNAREEEE!!!
5- Feint Zone>GB>Heavy

Feinting heavy to GB or Light is Shugoki's 50/50

Thats pretty much it...

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 01:41 PM

... hmm great

1. There's nothing safe about trying to gb a shugoki who has hyper armor, everyone try's this and all you have to do is hit them with a light. If they do get it off cgb and turtle til you get it back.

2.not meant to do damage it's meant to reduce the enemies stam, frustrate an enemy, and relieve pressure. Gives you extra time to get your armor back and if you get them exhausted with it you can do your heavy cancel 50/50

3.works even better when you know how to parry and fight in an environment that helps you capitalize on shugos hug. Wall stun gives a guaranteed hug.

I'm not saying shugo couldn't use a bit more variety but the examples you gave weren't reasons why. You just named off all of his strengths

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 01:51 PM
The only thing Shugoki needs is a small buff, better say adjustment for his Oni-charge.
They nerfed this move into the uselessnes (if this is a word).

So i think the best to do so is, enemies shoud be thrown against walls with Oni-charge for a guaranteed Light and headbutt.
This would be enough.

Shugoki is a very strong Hero, but fast and agile Heros are his bane.

Shugoki has advantages and disadvantages, both are well balanced.

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 01:55 PM
I think he needs a bit of a rework. He's just so boring to play as, and fight against. Light into headbutt, rinse and repeat. Throw in the occasional GB and Heavy feint and that's it!

Yes, if someone plays like this it is boring, but people who are playing shugoki this way are bad in general, that means they would play every char like this. Light, Heavy feint GB and repeat.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 01:56 PM
The only thing Shugoki needs is a small buff, better say adjustment for his Oni-charge.
They nerfed this move into the uselessnes (if this is a word).

So i think the best to do so is, enemies shoud be thrown against walls with Oni-charge for a guaranteed Light and headbutt.
This would be enough.

Shugoki is a very strong Hero, but fast and agile Heros are his bane.

Shugoki has advantages and disadvantages, both are well balanced.

Yeah its complete crap now, do you mean having it work like warlords? That would be great.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Yes, if someone plays like this it is boring, but people who are playing shugoki this way are bad in general, that means they would play every char like this. Light, Heavy feint GB and repeat.

But anyone whose tried a Shug knows that's basically the only tactical advantage he has. Trading blows with light-HB a few times to push your opponent into being passive and repressed.

It's not like he's got ANY of the fancy or useful basic attacks some classes are blessed with. Heh,

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Yeah its complete crap now, do you mean having it work like warlords? That would be great.

It would work just like Oni-charge befor the nerf, with the only difference that you need a wall and "only" get a light(15 dmg) and a headbutt (great stamina dmg). Or you can mix up and if you maybe getting a GB you could throw him again against the wall for a free Oni-Hug.

Run your opponent, smack him against the wall, stop in time and give him a smack ;)

Because currently you don't even need to dodge oni-charge, it does nothing (except throw you down the cliff if something like that is nearby - but thats the only thing)

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 02:16 PM
But anyone whose tried a Shug knows that's basically the only tactical advantage he has. Trading blows with light-HB a few times to push your opponent into being passive and repressed.

It's not like he's got ANY of the fancy or useful basic attacks some classes are blessed with. Heh,

Mhh, i play him for fun and I like it ^^.
Sure his stamina is abit limited but still i you can feint heavies, shugoki has actually more chains than light> headbutt

Sure i beginn with throwing 2 or 3 times Light> Headbutt, but the moment i see that the enemy is waiting for it, i do his Light > Heavy if the light is blocked.
First time i feint it, to see of he reacts with a parry or not and sometimes i let them fly, if it is blocked, there will be still 4 chip dmg.

Here are some combos that you can do with Shugoki:

1- Light>Feint Heavy>GB>Heavy
2- Light>Feint Heavy>Light
2- Light>Feint Heavy>Light>Feint Heavy>Light>Headbutt (Beyblade combo)
3- Light>Feint Heavy>Hug
4- Light>Feint Heavy>WAGASHİCHUNİNAREEEE!!!
5- Feint Zone>GB>Heavy

Feinting heavy to GB or Light is Shugoki's 50/50

Thats pretty much it...

here, he posted some good mix ups, but there are actually more things.
You can whiff attacks, to lure enemies and so on
You just need experiment abit with the char.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 02:17 PM
It would work just like Oni-charge befor the nerf, with the only difference that you need a wall and "only" get a light(15 dmg) and a headbutt (great stamina dmg). Or you can mix up and if you maybe getting a GB you could throw him again against the wall for a free Oni-Hug.

Run your opponent, smack him against the wall, stop in time and give him a smack ;)

Because currently you don't even need to dodge oni-charge, it does nothing (except throw you down the cliff if something like that is nearby - but thats the only thing)

Not sure how that would work if it was like before but needed a wall. If it worked like before then they would be knocked down and even if by a wall they would still be knocked down. I also feel like it would be too hard to aim it so the enemy would hit the wall and not really worth just a light into headbutt. The risk of getting gb or attacked isn't worth an almost maybe light attack if you time and aim it perfectly.

Netcode_err_404
05-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Shugoki right now is OP in 4v4 and almost useless in 1v1. Unless you turtle up and parry god.

But well, every character is viable as long as you turtle up.

Before the nerf to oni charge, shugoki used the run to open up turtles because they lack options. Now they cannot do it anymore, infact if someone turtles against a shugoki, its a free win. His lights are slow the heavies...LOL, the only valid tactic is trade blows, but as I said, if you are against a turtle, you won't trade nothing because they won't attack you even once with a non unblockable bash. Shugoki is one of the few classes BAD DESIGNED at all, he is built around a specific mechanic, that is nerfed.

Once again the main problem is theturtling meta, and ubisoft should focus on this with the highest priority, instead they are wasting time buffing raiders and putting new characters, when half of the vanilla roaster are still broken.

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Not sure how that would work if it was like before but needed a wall. If it worked like before then they would be knocked down and even if by a wall they would still be knocked down. I also feel like it would be too hard to aim it so the enemy would hit the wall and not really worth just a light into headbutt. The risk of getting gb or attacked isn't worth an almost maybe light attack if you time and aim it perfectly.

Ah sorry, explained it abit bad.
It would be similar to Conquerer, after you shieldbash someone and those hit the wall, thy are staggered abit and Conqu can give a heavy.

And with shugoki if you push him and the enemy hits the wall because of this push, he gets a stagger, in this time a light + headbutt is safe.

And yes it is worth it, there needs to be drawback. You can counter the GB, and an attack... maybe a light or fast zone hits, but a heavy will not land on a train-goki, except you time it really bad.
It would give ppl a reason to pay attention to Oni-Charge.

It isn't hard to manage something like this.
And ppl always underestimate stamina dmg, as well as 15 dmg.

Shugoki right now is OP in 4v4 and almost useless in 1v1. Unless you turtle up and parry god.

But well, every character is viable as long as you turtle up.

Before the nerf to oni charge, shugoki used the run to open up turtles because they lack options. Now they cannot do it anymore, infact if someone turtles against a shugoki, its a free win. His lights are slow the heavies...LOL, the only valid tactic is trade blows, but as I said, if you are against a turtle, you won't trade nothing because they won't attack you even once with a non unblockable bash. Shugoki is one of the few classes BAD DESIGNED at all, he is built around a specific mechanic, that is nerfed.

Once again the main problem is theturtling meta, and ubisoft should focus on this with the highest priority, instead they are wasting time buffing raiders and putting new characters, when half of the vanilla roaster are still broken.

I do never turtel, most of the time i play passive-aggressive, depending on the situation.

Wow, you have no idea about shugoki don't you ?

Shugoki was never built around the Charge, he is build around his hyperarmor. He is pretty good designed, and works quite good, just needs some adjustments.

Turtles are a hard task, but this problem most chars have, this is nothing specific to Shugoki, so don't mix up such different things together.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 03:39 PM
It would be similar to Conquerer, after you shieldbash someone and those hit the wall, thy are staggered abit and Conqu can give a heavy.

And with shugoki if you push him and the enemy hits the wall because of this push, he gets a stagger, in this time a light + headbutt is safe.

And yes it is worth it, there needs to be drawback. You can counter the GB, and an attack... maybe a light or fast zone hits, but a heavy will not land on a train-goki, except you time it really bad.

I do never turtel, most of the time i play passive-aggressive, depending on the situation.

Shugoki was never built around the Charge, he is build around his hyperarmor. He is pretty good designed, and works quite good, just needs some adjustments.

Turtles are a hard task, but this problem most chars have, this is nothing specific to Shugoki, so don't mix up such different things together.

If I'm understand the way you describe it absolutely would be useless and not worth it. Playing the neutral game is a much safer way to get a light/headbutt. Honestly just pick up shug and try knocking someone into a wall using the charge. Obviously there won't be wall stun but you'll see that it barely moves the enemy and you don't jet forward with his light so you'll have to be right next to him. It'll be way too difficult to get this off with a very tiny reward.

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 04:06 PM
If I'm understand the way you describe it absolutely would be useless and not worth it. Playing the neutral game is a much safer way to get a light/headbutt. Honestly just pick up shug and try knocking someone into a wall using the charge. Obviously there won't be wall stun but you'll see that it barely moves the enemy and you don't jet forward with his light so you'll have to be right next to him. It'll be way too difficult to get this off with a very tiny reward.

I do play him since release.(he is prestige 1 lvl 13) but that is because i do no orders with him, and i don't need him in a higher prestige, most exp i give to my berserker.

There where many opportunities, the nerfed would have successfully hit against a wall or an object.
Not only me would appreciate a stagger against a wall/object for a free light and a headbutt.

Btw. are you playing on PS4? If you want we can do some matches :).
my account: S0Mi_xD
(the 0 is a zero)

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 04:19 PM
I do play him since release.(he is prestige 1 lvl 13) but that is because i do no orders with him, and i don't need him in a higher prestige, most exp i give to my berserker.

There where many opportunities, the nerfed would have successfully hit against a wall or an object.
Not only me would appreciate a stagger against a wall/object for a free light and a headbutt.

Btw. are you playing on PS4? If you want we can do some matches :).
my account: S0Mi_xD
(the 0 is a zero)

Sounds good. Even if there are opportunities it's far more trouble than it's worth. Invite sent

HiTeHa
05-12-2017, 04:23 PM
At this moment Shugoki can not win against skillen enemy. Even light attack is slow and very risky. Heavy, charged and other moves are slower ...so even more risky. Shugoki not have any side dodge attack, distance leaps etc... Charge of Oni is useless because push into wall not work and because of long recovery time, you can not continue with attacks.

And for these who think about Heavy feints. If you insert all armor / weapon bonuses into stamina, than you can try some combos. But in 1v1 / 2v2 scenarions where you have no stamina bonuses, alll feint combos will end with zero stamina!

At this moment all decent fight are too long and deathmatch games ends by Shugoki death because enemy will gank you.

Shugoki need rebuild. But i think that devs not have people smart enought do make it well balanced.

Enjolras_ABC
05-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Ubisoft please read this thread. Don't make Shugoki mains sad anymore. #makeshugokigreatagain

DrExtrem
05-12-2017, 05:10 PM
You are demanding more moves for a hero, that is not weak. In addition, the current meta and bots at level three crap on combos because they can be parried.

At the moment, your request is useless.

Netcode_err_404
05-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Trade blows ? In a game where nobody attacks ? Yeah, as I said, built around a broken mechanic.Oni charge were usefull to open turtles, now its completely useless,and that just because ubisoft don't want cooldowns implemented in this ****ing game. That would fix 70% odf the spammable unblockable.

That is the very same with warden, if one day, they will remove the cancel with shoulder bash, the class will be completely useless, at least in the current meta because he will lack options to open up turtles.

Every class without safe stuff to force a reaction, are trash tier. Warlord, Pk and warden are the top 3 at the moment, and even conqueror if played as turtle is insane good.

Netcode_err_404
05-12-2017, 05:26 PM
You are demanding more moves for a hero, that is not weak. In addition, the current meta and bots at level three crap on combos because they can be parried.

At the moment, your request is useless.

In a 1v1 environment he is weak, unless you are a parry god. Abusing parries to self grant free damage or hugs, don't make the class strong or weak.

As long as turtling up is the only viable option to NOT die, every class change request is useless.

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 06:36 PM
In a 1v1 environment he is weak, unless you are a parry god. Abusing parries to self grant free damage or hugs, don't make the class strong or weak.

As long as turtling up is the only viable option to NOT die, every class change request is useless.

This is quite exaggerated...

I don't need parries to win with a shugoki in a 1v1. Abusing parries for dmg does count for every char, it's nothing Shugoki specific.

Shugoki is quite dangerous, if played well.

Cracking up turtles is a hard task with the current defensive advantage, but it's not impossible.

Turtling up is not the only viable option to not die, the best way to survive is a good mix between, using your brain, gut instinct and experience.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 06:39 PM

I don't need parries to win with a shugoki in a 1v1. Abusing parries for dmg does count for every char, it's nothing Shugoki specific.

Cracking up turtles is a hard task with the current defensive advantage, but it's not impossible.

Turtling up is not the only viable option to not die, the best way to survive is a good mix between, using your brain, gut instinct and experience.

He plays on PC so there's a bit of difference to be honest but I agree with you about skugoki. I think our matches prove he's more viable than at least half of the cast

S0Mi_xD
05-12-2017, 06:42 PM
He plays on PC so there's a bit of difference to be honest but I agree with you about skugoki. I think our matches prove he's more viable than at least half of the cast

Yeah you are right.

Maybe i'll buy it for the PC. I am really curious about the difference.

JamaasK
05-12-2017, 06:49 PM
People think Shugoki is weak and needs a buff? I've seen it all.

t. Rep 6 Shugoki

Netcode_err_404
05-12-2017, 06:53 PM

How is dangerous exactly ? Without passive parry > wall > hugs ? Because hyper armor ? Already told you, HA is usefull when you find someone who attacks. When you meet up turtles your HA is as usefull as used toilet paper.

He is not as useless as kensei, but beeing more usefull than a kensei doesn't means ****. He lacks options, he is predictable, and slow. Before the nerf was used only to abuse the oni cheese 50/50 ( tournaments), now they have disapperaed completely. The ones you find, stau there, waiting and hoping for their precious parry > wall > hug

HiTeHa
05-13-2017, 06:23 AM
If you, as Shugoki, fight amateur who wants to fight, than you have a chance to win. But if you fight someone who know how use parry, than every shugoki attack is easy to punish. I remember I fight another Shugoki. All his light attacks I parryed without problem. So when I see enemy who get 5 times in a row hits from my light attack, than I know i win. But if enemy is skilled enought to parry it, than it is sure loose... :(

At this moment I not use Demons Embrace (hug) so often because wall throws sometimes not work. It is 50:50 risk. Lots of time I throw enemy against wall, but he is stuned only for short time so he just simply dodge this. I know it, lots of time when Iam throwed against wall, I simply block another attack.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-13-2017, 08:38 AM
He just needs more combo options.

People try to spam Oni Charge or GB because thats essentially all he has.

- He is slow as HELL

- His attacks are telegraphed and easily parried

- His Charge while powerful is in my opinion the single most predictable and easily dodged move in the entire game.

- His combos are useless due to his super slow attack speed.

- His hyper armor is only useful against slow opponents because all it takes is a second hit to interrupt whatever he is doing and since he takes SO LONG to do anything the hyper armor is only gonna get you 1 MAYBE 2 hits. Then if your opponent is any kind of smart he will just keep the pressure on to make sure you don't get the armor back.

- His stun is pointless since it knocks them out of range

His ONLY saving grace is that his damage is unreal, but thats assuming your opponent is trash enough to get hit by anything that you do.

Netcode_err_404
05-13-2017, 02:05 PM
He just needs more combo options.

People try to spam Oni Charge or GB because thats essentially all he has.

- He is slow as HELL

- His attacks are telegraphed and easily parried

- His Charge while powerful is in my opinion the single most predictable and easily dodged move in the entire game.

- His combos are useless due to his super slow attack speed.

- His hyper armor is only useful against slow opponents because all it takes is a second hit to interrupt whatever he is doing and since he takes SO LONG to do anything the hyper armor is only gonna get you 1 MAYBE 2 hits. Then if your opponent is any kind of smart he will just keep the pressure on to make sure you don't get the armor back.

- His stun is pointless since it knocks them out of range

His ONLY saving grace is that his damage is unreal, but thats assuming your opponent is trash enough to get hit by anything that you do.

Zerkers can deal the same amount if damage and they are fast enough

A pk can literally melt a shugoki.

UbiNoty
05-14-2017, 12:44 AM
I think it's very difficult to create a hero that is balanced both in duel and team/dominion scenarios - there's always some kind of give-and-take in exchange for different strengths/weaknesses under different scenarios. And I think this discrepancy is often why we see such a wide spectrum of opinions on heroes. But I have seen how you all feel about the Shugoki Oni-charge as well as his somewhat smaller moveset so I'll bring it up with the team.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 03:09 AM
I think it's very difficult to create a hero that is balanced both in duel and team/dominion scenarios - there's always some kind of give-and-take in exchange for different strengths/weaknesses under different scenarios. And I think this discrepancy is often why we see such a wide spectrum of opinions on heroes. But I have seen how you all feel about the Shugoki Oni-charge as well as his somewhat smaller moveset so I'll bring it up with the team.

Duly noted, er... Noty... (no pun intended... well, maybe a little.. but...) but some Shug players are with the opinion that it's not really about the natural/inevitable discrepancies that is bound to exist with all characters in one way or another... but rather we tend to think that it might be a bit of miscalculation in default class design -- no disrespect intended to the devs.

They've mostly done a wonderful job with the Shug, and what they intended with the Shug is also pretty clear to me, and well represented -- except there are a few design points that are counter-intuitive that may contradict the intended (and apparent) design focus.

I use this as an example a lot, but the comparison between a Warlord, who has HVY attacks protected by an inherent UI-shielding that's permanent, and a Shug, which has UI-shielding that dissipates if someone just touches him.

In actual combat, all the WL's HVYs are protected all the time, allowing him to be a quite capable brawler that can pressure/repress the opponent into a passive state, because they fear they'll be receiving the short-end of "trading blows"... whereas you have the Shug, which anyone just comes and tries a GB and the UI comes off, now you receivd 25% more damage, none of your moves protected -- despite not having as much utility nor 1v1 options as a WL.

So if we are to take for granted the "discrepancy" as you say, then what would be the reasoning behind the WL being considered....

- an overpoweringly strong 1v1 duelist
- a superbly resilient fighter even under 1vX conditions
- valuable to have in XvX team fights
- very strong defensive traits
- not various, but still powerful and imposing attack via "trading blows"

...whereas the Shug is...

- limited in 1v1 combat
- limited in 1vX scenarios
- Very valuable in XvX team combat
- limited capability to "trade blows" due to limited UI-shield
- unstable defenses due to UI-shielding turning off

...??

I don't think anybody in this thread is asking for the big muthaShugger to become the next Warden or Warlord. It's just that some of his skills and traits are counter-intuitive, and generally not very pleasant and efficient to use, because of some of the designs on Shug elements -- while the intent can be understood -- tends to raise eyebrows.

Enjolras_ABC
05-14-2017, 10:42 AM
Here is an idea i came up with as a new move set for Shugoki

NEW MOVES:

1- Change how Shugoki's headbutt works, make it like nobushi's kick where he can connect chains. Note that headbutt still stuns the opponent but is totally dodgeable.

So the combos should be like:

Light>Headbutt>Heavy
Heavy>Headbutt>Heavy

2- Make the second heavy chargable: Heavy>Charged Heavy / Light>Charged Heavy (you can also do this: Heavy>Headbutt>Charged Heavy or Light> Headbutt>Charged Heavy )

3- Shugoki can HEADBUTT when he dodges in every direction. HEADBUTT initiates chains. (kinda like warlords headbutt but slow enough to be dodgeable)

4- Hyper armor can only be obtained by landing a HEADBUTT

5- His HEAVY attacks are now hyper armored just like WL (NOT SURE ABOUT THİS ONE)

NERFS:

1- Hyper armor no longer regenerates it can be obtained.

2- Shugoki no longer one shots the opponent with his demons embrace

What do you guys think about this?