PDA

View Full Version : just remove the parry for light attacks

matt89connor
05-12-2017, 08:20 AM
free heavy (even rider) if you parry, just a little dmg if you failed, and turtle meta can win thanks to this, i think light attacks should not be parryable just blocked...or maybe parry a light attack just give free light attack , heavy and GB can be stopped.

DeLatv
05-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Something so dumb i havent heard for a while...

Its not the parry that makes turtle meta, its the block thats the problem as the chip damage is non existant...

Light parries are the best thing ever, cos its a risk reward. You feint, and punish guy who tried to parry with a free guard break...

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 08:35 AM

Its not the parry that makes turtle meta, its the block thats the problem as the chip damage is non existant...

Light parries are the best thing ever, cos its a risk reward. You feint, and punish guy who tried to parry with a free guard break...

Actually parry is what makes the turtle meta and you just explained why. A successful parry gives you a free guard break or heavy. If you screw up 1 light parry but get the second light then you've made a far better trade. Thats a much lower risk than throwing out light attacks. Even if I miss two light parries but parry the third light we are either even or I'm still on top.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Actually, it's...

(1) "too much guaranteed damage on successful defense action"
(2) "normal blocks being 'superior' against light attacks"

...that drive the turtle meta. Parry itself is fine. it's a good system.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 08:38 AM
Can you elaborate on what you mean by the first one? Do you mean the actual reward of the parry?

matt89connor
05-12-2017, 09:02 AM
S.

how do you feint the light? XDonly berseker can XD

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 09:05 AM
how do you feint the light? XDonly berseker can XD

Not even berserker can. I don't think that's what he was saying. He's saying the way to punish someone who is only parrying is to feint a heavy and gb

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Can you elaborate on what you mean by the first one? Do you mean the actual reward of the parry?

Yep. It's easier to damage the opponent by defending, rather than actually attacking.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Yep. It's easier to damage the opponent by defending, rather than actually attacking.

Okay so were in agreement then, I think I might have misunderstood you meant at first.

HiTeHa
05-12-2017, 11:07 AM

You are wrong. If enemy just block damage, no one gets hurt! But enemy just wait for attack to parry it and punish. So Heroes which have no charges can only attack which is allways risk! Lots of times I move in a circle against enemy while noone want attack first and be parryed.... si I agree ... remove light parry will help in my point of view.

Soul_of_Midgard
05-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Am i reading right?, you complain that you're not getting attacked? REALLY?

Morpheus256
05-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Light parries are fine. If you try to parry light attacks you actually take a risk. If it's a heavy and you parry too early, you take damage. If someone feints and you take the bait there's a high chance you'll get GB'd / parried / deflected etc.

People who go for light parries can actually be outplayed with feints and such.

But why should you go for light parries if you can just block all light attacks and only go for heavy parries/deflects? Going for heavy parries is almost risk-free and you get rewarded with a GB that leads to lots of damage in most cases.

That's what's wrong with the current parry system IMO. Heavy parries are easy to do and relatively safe and thus should only guarantee a light attack.

If you want to finish off the last bit of HP you can't just go for heavy parries and turtle. You'll actually have to do an attack yourself and/or go for light parries. (Unless you're Warden, I guess.)

Netcode_err_404
05-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Light parries are fine. If you try to parry light attacks you actually take a risk. If it's a heavy and you parry too early, you take damage. If someone feints and you take the bait there's a high chance you'll get GB'd / parried / deflected etc.

People who go for light parries can actually be outplayed with feints and such.

But why should you go for light parries if you can just block all light attacks and only go for heavy parries/deflects? Going for heavy parries is almost risk-free and you get rewarded with a GB that leads to lots of damage in most cases.

That's what's wrong with the current parry system IMO. Heavy parries are easy to do and relatively safe and thus should only guarantee a light attack.

If you want to finish off the last bit of HP you can't just go for heavy parries and turtle. You'll actually have to do an attack yourself and/or go for light parries. (Unless you're Warden, I guess.)

No, they are not fine.

A light attack do 10/15 damage, and you cannot be punished with 40+ damage or insta death, just because you tried an attack that would have damaged your opponent for only 10 damage.

Should always depend from what kind of attack am I using, parrying a LB top light, is not the same as parrying a orochi top light, you understand what I mean ? Same with raiders for example.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 02:21 PM
No, they are not fine.

A light attack do 10/15 damage, and you cannot be punished with 40+ damage or insta death, just because you tried an attack that would have damaged your opponent for only 10 damage.

Should always depend from what kind of attack am I using, parrying a LB top light, is not the same as parrying a orochi top light, you understand what I mean ? Same with raiders for example.

Agreed, 1 light parry is enough make up for missing 3 or 4 attempts. Not exactly high risk

Morpheus256
05-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Agreed, 1 light parry is enough make up for missing 3 or 4 attempts. Not exactly high risk

I don't think you understand what I said. Missing parry attempts because you have bad reactions is one thing, going for a light parry when your opponent is doing a heavy is something entirely different.

If you try to parry a light you take a guess. If it's a heavy you'll get hit. If it's a light you get a free heavy. Risk vs reward. Simple.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 04:01 PM
I don't think you understand what I said. Missing parry attempts because you have bad reactions is one thing, going for a light parry when your opponent is doing a heavy is something entirely different.

If you try to parry a light you take a guess. If it's a heavy you'll get hit. If it's a light you get a free heavy. Risk vs reward. Simple.

Nope, you can feint your light parries. No risk.

Alustar.exe
05-12-2017, 04:13 PM
If you are able to parry light hits efficiently, especially on console, you deserve to tear through your opponent however you see fit, first off being able to parry lights hits on anyone outside maybe the shugoki is pretty difficult.

Morpheus256
05-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Nope, you can feint your light parries. No risk.

No, you can't.

Go into duel training > pick lvl 1 bot > try to heavy feint when he does a heavy attack > watch how you get hit by every single one of his heavies.

Seriously, if it was that easy to just feint a light parry to avoid getting hit everyone would do it. But that's not the case. People get hit by heavies if they parry too early even when they try to feint it.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 04:54 PM
No, you can't.

Go into duel training > pick lvl 1 bot > try to heavy feint when he does a heavy attack > watch how you get hit by every single one of his heavies.

Seriously, if it was that easy to just feint a light parry to avoid getting hit everyone would do it. But that's not the case. People get hit by heavies if they parry too early even when they try to feint it.

I do it all the time if I need to post of video doing it I will, it's not difficult.