PDA

View Full Version : Is the turtle meta a PC thing?

Tyrjo
05-12-2017, 06:51 AM
I'm playing on PS4 and while I sometimes come across a player who really turtles up, I have to say turtling is quite rare.

Is it something that only occurs in the top tier of play? Granted I'm not there...

Is it something that is most prevalent in duels? In that case how would a change effect other game modes?

IF turtling is something that only is a problem in a subset community, how would a mechanic change effect the other subsets of the community if the devs do something to try and fix it?

Egotistic_Ez
05-12-2017, 07:19 AM
It's mainly a duel thing because, with the exception of all block characters, you can just attack from the opposite side as another ally. Not to mention gb spam. Duel players are, on average, also better than dominion players skill wise.

It's also more prevalent in top tier because most players want to attack, it takes restraint to just sit there like a rock all day and actively not enjoy yourself.

On the consoles we also have less time to react (tv input delay, lower fps, etc) so that counters turtles to a degree.

EDIT - Also I like the word also.

cragar212
05-12-2017, 07:30 AM
It's really a pc thing. You can just watch a major console tournament and watch a pc one. Playstyles are quite abit different.