PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting more storage space in this patch? (Do the mods have any news?)

SerArthur-Dayne
05-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Theres been a ton of threads since launch, and a few responses that the mods would pass it along, but we still only have 60 spaces at the moment.

I havent earned scrap since rep 3 and im now rep 14. I just want to keep the different outfits, but you cant even keep them all with the space provided. I dont imagine its all that hard to change, and it would make a world of difference if it was 200 or something.

Any update on weather itll get increased in this update? Cheers.

Gray360UK
05-12-2017, 12:25 AM
A couple of threads on this have been made already, one by me. There was an answer along the lines of there being no actual plans to do this yet, but they have noticed it is something the community is interested in and will consider it for the future.

UbiNoty
05-12-2017, 12:58 AM
We know it's a popular community request, but at the moment it's not really on our radar. Once we can address and resolve more pressing issues, and have extra time and resources, we'll take a second look.

TheMalakith
05-12-2017, 01:26 AM
Ones the new gear is out you won't need the old one anyway. It's perhaps a bit sour but you can just deconstruct all of it ones you got the new stats.

Mia.Nora
05-12-2017, 05:08 AM
let me get this right... you want more space purely for vanity sake? oh brother. I dont keep nothing that doesn't have the stats I want. if the armor im wearing I want to make loojk like soemthign else. I jsut change the look then get rid of the other crap that I wont ever use... especially jsut for vanity sake...therefor I never have storage space problems.

What's wrong with being vain? Pretty much %100 of progression and customization is based on vanity here, everything else is fluff since everyone and their dog goes for same stats.

I agree especially with new 4 weapon + 2 armor sets we will need those extra slots if we want to mix and match different looking sets and ornaments. It is as simple a change as a number in a code, since inventory is designed dynamically scaling, so no need to do any extra work there.

Just edit that 60 > 200 and we are good. No need to keep it in radar or some other nonsense.

Lumina-US
05-12-2017, 08:45 AM
What's wrong with being vain? Pretty much %100 of progression and customization is based on vanity here, everything else is fluff since everyone and their dog goes for same stats.

I agree especially with new 4 weapon + 2 armor sets we will need those extra slots if we want to mix and match different looking sets and ornaments. It is as simple a change as a number in a code, since inventory is designed dynamically scaling, so no need to do any extra work there.

Just edit that 60 > 200 and we are good. No need to keep it in radar or some other nonsense.I support this view to 125%.

Like it or keep staying in denial for all i care, but "For Honor" is all about the looks aka Vanity, otherwise there wouldn't be so much color patterns, symbols and other duckymcf1cky to choose from and given the fact that the current gear stats don't even differ that much from each set, it's even more about the looks - saying otherwise is pure ignorance.

Plus, even with new gear coming up, why in gods name would anyone want to delete all the cool looking hilts with animal heads?

They are basically the most unique thing in the game and therfor definitely a keeper, even when no longer used for action.

So YES we need more slots - 250 would be nice, so collectors can collect, while the ones that don't care at all, can still do it their way.

If you keep both parties happy, you'll definitely be able to keep more players in the long run.

Hillbill79
05-12-2017, 06:01 PM
We don't need more storage space, only a way to be able to change the look of something, to anything we have already collected previously... Like WOWs transmog system.

But then, I expect it is far easier to increase storage space... you'd only have to alter a number in the script.

Transmog would require whole new scripts.

Helnekromancer
05-12-2017, 06:13 PM
You also have to consider when they put in the new stat values there will be more ways to build your character meaning more items in your inventory.

Hillbill79
05-12-2017, 06:18 PM
60 slots is plenty for that though...that's 10 different sets.

The only way 60 isn't enough is if you want to collect all the looks as well as the stats.

Bear in mind its easy to get the same item visually a few times with different stats.

100 slots would be nice, and in no way would it effect anything in the game.

Some people just like to collect :)

You also have to consider when they put in the new stat values there will be more ways to build your character meaning more items in your inventory.

Gray360UK
05-12-2017, 06:58 PM
This is a great idea and does no harm to anyone, but helps out the collectors, and Ubisoft (more room to collect = more crates = more steel).

RenfieldX
05-12-2017, 08:52 PM
We don't need more storage space, only a way to be able to change the look of something, to anything we have already collected previously... Like WOWs transmog system.

But then, I expect it is far easier to increase storage space... you'd only have to alter a number in the script.

Transmog would require whole new scripts.

This would be my preferred solution too. Once you collect a style, it should be available as an option when you want change the look of an item. No need for increased storage