PDA

View Full Version : predetermined complaints about shinobi

THEKITYKAT22
05-11-2017, 08:53 PM
I know the trailers has been out for a while so i assume everyone here has seen them and due to them i feel the shinobi will be hated as much if not more than the peacekeeper because of something that looks like a ranged guard break and what appeared to be a teleport behind your enemy i would like to know your opinions about it though and see how abused you think they will be in when he is out

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:57 PM
I know the trailers has been out for a while so i assume everyone here has seen them and due to them i feel the shinobi will be hated as much if not more than the peacekeeper because of something that looks like a ranged guard break and what appeared to be a teleport behind your enemy i would like to know your opinions about it though and see how abused you think they will be in when he is out
I don't anticipate having much trouble with these things. It shouldn't be hard to learn the counter plays, but I haven't fought against it yet, so I can't really say.

xLeapingLizardx
05-11-2017, 08:58 PM
I would suggest watching their warriors den livestream they did today or look at Candle's sticky post.
They actually showed both characters' move sets and tutorial videos.
You can make proper speculation instead of guessing based on the videos.

KnifeInUrNeck
05-11-2017, 08:58 PM
The movesets for both characters are available online https://pvplive.net/c/for-honor-shinobi-and-centurion-movesets-and-season-pass-outfits-revealed
The teleport is the deflect which teleports you behind the enemy. He also has a charged heavy(2lvls) and a super sprint. The centurion has unblockables and jump attacks.

Xinlyfenne
05-11-2017, 09:06 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Shinobi will fall down if he gets counter guardbroken.

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 09:10 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Shinobi will fall down if he gets counter guardbroken.

Don't think so. Parrying his ranged attack will pull him to you and make him fall on his face.

cragar212
05-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Potential lightspammer!

Pain-Seeker
05-11-2017, 09:37 PM
I absolutly love the concept but cant realy see how ranged attks will work in higher lvl . unless its fast as light it will be too easy to parry . When it comes to GB unless you can somehow mind game your opponnent it will be totaly useless and being the first punishable GB it wont be used at all . But i guess it can be used for punish just like orochis storm

Knight_Raime
05-11-2017, 09:43 PM
the only salt that people will get from him is the fact that he will be able to light light spam. Since his second light is guarenteed. Like orochi. cept he can do it from any direction.
The teleport deflect into kick is situational. and isn't better than any current wallstun you get froma good old fashion GB throw. and zerker already had deflect throw so nothing new.
his ranged GB can be parried or CGBed if I understood right. either way his neutral ranged options are easily punishable and will get you pulled in for a free light.

His dodge dodge cancel and his back flips are 2 things I think will be used often. He can't feint his charged ranged options so no worries there. He's very flashy but very hard to use from eyeballing. and he's only got 2 strong damage combos. one which is a normal combo which requires 2 heavies to land. good luck with that. And his other I believe is a mix up after a kick. which would be easier to land since he gets a lot of options off of a kick.

If you ask me I think centurion will bring more salt to the table. lots of mini mix ups that stamina damage. and his punish for knocking you on the ground brings most people into 2-3 shot territory. So that imo seems more rage enducing.

THEKITYKAT22
05-11-2017, 09:55 PM
i haven't seen the moveset video befor i posted this to be honest i didn't know it was out sorry for sounding like a misinformed individual

BananaBlighter
05-11-2017, 10:00 PM

This is correct. Countering his ranged GB or parrying his ranged attack will unbalance him. If you watch the video it also appears as if you get pulled in closer to the enemy when you fall over after either of these two cases.

Dizzy4213
05-11-2017, 10:42 PM
He has like 80HP. Poor bastard is going to get 2 shot.

Also if you watched the stream you would know that his ranged GB is punishable, simply by countering it. I can almost guarantee nobody will ever use it in a duel. His teleport is only on deflects. Despite having a large moveset, I feel like he's only going to have 1-2 viable moves in high level play.

Centurion seems to be so much superior with the amount of stamina damage he can dish out as well as all his unblockable attacks.

Xinlyfenne
05-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Don't think so. Parrying his ranged attack will pull him to you and make him fall on his face.

Both apply perhaps. I'd need to rewatch the stream to confirm.

Edit: Both apply. Watch 45:00 and on in their latest stream.

Helnekromancer
05-11-2017, 10:57 PM
What complaints the Shinobi is the squishiest charcter in the game, meaning less room for error. A revenged Shugoki can pretty much 1 shot him and 2 heavies from anyone else until he gets good gear which will take days so prepare to see alot dead Ninjas. He has combos woo but so does everyone else "combos" dont exist in this game the most you can get in maybe 2 hits. They highlighted his 6 input combo i doubt he will get 3 will how easy it is to simply parry and hit him with a heavy and half his health is gone.

I think once player realize how taxing it is to use this guy they will simply go to the much simpler centurion.

Karma_Ghost
05-11-2017, 11:17 PM
I don't think deflect will be that bad. The ranged GB is going to get a ton of hate in 4v4. Given the range, Shinobi can probably pull people down from ledges and across hazards from safe positions. The range looks like it's long enough to pull people off the dock from coast in Canyon. In 1v1, it's too dangerous to risk using any of the long range attacks, but being able to pull preoccupied enemies from off screen is going to be lethal.

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 11:23 PM
He'll have his weaknesses, as well as his strengths. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all think of him after the 16th :>

Hormly
05-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Cant wait to eat my first Shinobi

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Cant wait to eat my first Shinobi

Rip. I'm scared of the thread topics I'll be seeing here on the 16th.

xLeapingLizardx
05-12-2017, 12:05 AM

Same!! :O

KnifeInUrNeck
05-12-2017, 12:24 AM
I imagine he'll have two different play styles depending on whether its 4 v 4 or 1 v 1. Fortunately, he looks like he has enough tools to be viable in both scenarios. I could imagine some salt from getting yanked while fighting someone else and then getting vaporized. He could perform like a terror in dominion or skirmish in the right hands.

CandleInTheDark
05-12-2017, 12:28 AM
I imagine he'll have two different play styles depending on whether its 4 v 4 or 1 v 1. Fortunately, he looks like he has enough tools to be viable in both scenarios. I could imagine some salt from getting yanked while fighting someone else and then getting vaporized. He could perform like a terror in dominion or skirmish in the right hands.

I am looking forward to taking him into brawl and getting wow spam from everyone >.>

Supercool5150
05-12-2017, 06:17 PM

Shinobi is already OP..(that thread is coming).Can't wait to get one.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 06:30 PM
The knockdown from his long range attacks getting parried or cgb seems like it won't even be worth it to use those attacks. Using one of those is a good way to end up with losing half of your health

G0dzBlaze
05-12-2017, 07:06 PM
2 top light confirm from orochi and the shinobi is dead lol

AkenoKobayashi
05-13-2017, 12:18 AM
So, a character whose occupation is stealth and espionage has a lot of drawn out attacks and makes a lot of noise when fighting. Oh, and he can poof like a magical wizard. What could possibly be to complain about?

Kaotic_CipherTV
05-13-2017, 12:59 AM
I think there will be a lot of threads complaining about his low HP to be honest, not because he is OP. He only has like 90hp... Anyone with an attack buff can nearly 1 shot him. It was even stated he wont do much damage, but he can apply a lot of pressure. He also has a lot of stamina costs.

He will be the hardest class to play and will result in excessive underpowered threads. You can be a fast character all day, but if it takes 10 hits to kill an enemy that can kill you in 2 you will lose almost every time.

Egotistic_Ez
05-13-2017, 01:09 AM
My main concern is that he's designed as a super fast dodge everything or die character in a P2P game with notorious sync issues. Oh, you thought you dodged that? Computer says no.

Karma_Ghost
05-13-2017, 04:46 AM
I think there will be a lot of threads complaining about his low HP to be honest, not because he is OP. He only has like 90hp... Anyone with an attack buff can nearly 1 shot him. It was even stated he wont do much damage, but he can apply a lot of pressure. He also has a lot of stamina costs.

He will be the hardest class to play and will result in excessive underpowered threads. You can be a fast character all day, but if it takes 10 hits to kill an enemy that can kill you in 2 you will lose almost every time.

They said Shinobi won't have high burst damage, that is high damage from single hits. Guaranteed light followups and that HHLLL chain still look like they do enough damage to compensate. In the gameplay video, Shinobi takes Centurion from full (~110) to critical (~15hp) in one combo.

Kaotic_CipherTV
05-13-2017, 05:36 AM
They said Shinobi won't have high burst damage, that is high damage from single hits. Guaranteed light followups and that HHLLL chain still look like they do enough damage to compensate. In the gameplay video, Shinobi takes Centurion from full (~110) to critical (~15hp) in one combo.

On a centurion that isnt doing anything. You have to factor in the current defense meta and how hard it will be to get a combo off. Also if you get CGBed or parried at long range you are stumbled or knocked over. All these factors on top of only have 80-90hp can make the character too easy to kill. If his evasive moves didnt cost too much stamina it might be ok, but they already stated that those move will take a lot of stam.

Im not counting him out yet because I still really want to play him. Im just saying that this can pose a serious problem for the character. If defense meta didnt exist and it wasnt stupid easy to get a CGB it would be different, but in the current state of the game he might struggle to live through any fight against an opponent with any skill.

But I do really hope im being paranoid because he fills the void of my character choices.

Karma_Ghost
05-13-2017, 07:38 AM
On a centurion that isnt doing anything. You have to factor in the current defense meta and how hard it will be to get a combo off. Also if you get CGBed or parried at long range you are stumbled or knocked over. All these factors on top of only have 80-90hp can make the character too easy to kill. If his evasive moves didnt cost too much stamina it might be ok, but they already stated that those move will take a lot of stam.

Im not counting him out yet because I still really want to play him. Im just saying that this can pose a serious problem for the character. If defense meta didnt exist and it wasnt stupid easy to get a CGB it would be different, but in the current state of the game he might struggle to live through any fight against an opponent with any skill.

But I do really hope im being paranoid because he fills the void of my character choices.

Shinobi gets the full combo for landing 2 heavies, which isn't too unreasonable. If good defense is the deciding factor, then everyone's heavy attacks and combos are useless without parrying, which still gives Shinobi a slight offensive advantage with the light light that can connect from any direction. Add to that the mixup potential from double dodge, charge cancels and backflip cancels and Shinobi should be able to sneak in plenty of damage. The ~95 damage combo in the video starts with dodge heavy. I'm guessing the various cancel/mixup heavies count as the first hit as well. Shinobi is probably going to be a short fight either way. You either parry the combo and chunk off most/all of his health or you miss the parry and get chunked.