PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about changing to the Knights..hmm

Sykoink
05-11-2017, 04:49 PM
So i've been with the Vikings since the start and seeing how A LOT of people changed factions to the vikings just because we won Season 1 kind of annoys me in a way. BUT that is not the real reason i'm thinking about switching. It's the Centurion. That character is going to be my main 100% even if he isn't good at all, i just love the class. Now he is coming to help the Knights and i'm thinking if i'm going to main him, i might as well change factions and help the knights in Season 2.

But i'm still not 100% sure i want to leave the Vikings :(

I'm curious if anyone here also switched factions and the reason why you switched :o

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 05:19 PM
So i've been with the Vikings since the start and seeing how A LOT of people changed factions to the vikings just because we won Season 1 kind of annoys me in a way. BUT that is not the real reason i'm thinking about switching. It's the Centurion. That character is going to be my main 100% even if he isn't good at all, i just love the class. Now he is coming to help the Knights and i'm thinking if i'm going to main him, i might as well change factions and help the knights in Season 2.

But i'm still not 100% sure i want to leave the Vikings :(

I'm curious if anyone here also switched factions and the reason why you switched :o
I have been a Viking since the beta, and not much will make me change that.

Maxime_Qc-
05-11-2017, 05:24 PM
SAME

i've been with the vikings since closed beta !!

and i'm thinking about switching to knight now !!! ... i too don't like the fact that everyone's changing to vikings because we won first season .. and even with lot more people vikings.. i don't really think vikings are gonna win twice anyway !!!!

+ it may look stupid but i like allways changing my emblem and create new one and with the form of the knight emblem i got a lot of idea ! :P ...

but still not sure ... i love the vikings and everything what's related to vikings !! ... even the ''vikings '' tv show is one of my favorites !!! loll (right after the walking dead xD )

Ex__Machina
05-11-2017, 05:45 PM
i was viking in closed cuz i mained zerker
i was a knight in open cuz i mained pk
i was a viking in season 1 and mained zerker

now ima main centurian so i'll be a knight season 2

NocturnalFox-
05-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Personally I think they should lock your characters to your faction...
People might pick factions a lot more carefully then.

I changed to Vikings after getting **** on the whole first season as a knight.
Its fun being the underdog, but the rewards don't tally up.

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm a knight, have been since Beta.

Don't really play many knights though. My main is Zerker, but Kensei will soon overtake him.

I'm not gonna switch... I can fight for knights with any character I choose without penalty. Centurion may bring me back more to the knight side of things... we shall see.

I totally disagree about having your characters locked with which faction you choose. Its a full price game and you should be able to enjoy the entirety of it.

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:31 PM
People, if you don't like Viking faction because a bunch of people jumped ship to be Vikings simply because they won, you should take note of the fact that those people are fickle and will leave as soon as another faction appears to have a better shot at winning.

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:32 PM

That locking classes to factions thing makes no sense. It isn't fun, and that defeats the purpose of playing a game.

Infidel.Castro
05-11-2017, 08:34 PM
People, if you don't like Viking faction because a bunch of people jumped ship to be Vikings simply because they won, you should take note of the fact that those people are fickle and will leave as soon as another faction appears to have a better shot at winning.

But they are then guaranteed to get no rewards at the end of the season, why would anyone do that?

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 08:42 PM
They should just switch off faction changing once the season starts.

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:46 PM
But they are then guaranteed to get no rewards at the end of the season, why would anyone do that?
They obviously won't switch during. After though, they will go over to whoever has the most numbers and thus the best chance of winning.

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Tons of people switched mid season last time.

They obviously won't switch during. After though, they will go over to whoever has the most numbers and thus the best chance of winning.

XxHunterHxX
05-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Kinght only 4 ever !

Liv3rp00l
05-11-2017, 11:04 PM

This is a little extreme, but I understand where you are coming from. Somebody on these forums a few weeks back, suggested that you should only be granted war assets if you play a hero who represents your chosen faction; while still being able to play any hero you like; it just means if you're playing a Conqueror while fighting for the Samurai, you get no assets at the end of the game to distribute. You still get the exp, steel and loot, just no assets.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea. People can play whatever they like, with no penalty, however, if they want to contribute to the faction they represent, they must play as that factions heroes. It does make choosing your faction more interesting.

bmason1000
05-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Im reallly counting on it

bmason1000
05-11-2017, 11:26 PM
This is a little extreme, but I understand where you are coming from. Somebody on these forums a few weeks back, suggested that you should only be granted war assets if you play a hero who represents your chosen faction; while still being able to play any hero you like; it just means if you're playing a Conqueror while fighting for the Samurai, you get no assets at the end of the game to distribute. You still get the exp, steel and loot, just no assets.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea. People can play whatever they like, with no penalty, however, if they want to contribute to the faction they represent, they must play as that factions heroes. It does make choosing your faction more interesting.

Its a pretty neat idea. I do kinda like that.

Sykoink
05-11-2017, 11:41 PM

Hmm i don't know if i like this. I find myself playing more characters than one for longer periods of time. One season is a couple of months which is a pretty long period. If i suddenly fall in love with another character that isn't from my own faction then i would feel kind of forced to keep playing with my own faction character instead of the one i fell in love with because i really like deploying war assets and help bringing my faction to victory. I would then be stuck because i can't switch to that faction where my new character is from, well i can but that means i'm unable to receive any rewards at the end of a long season and i won't have the same incentive to play like i normally do because i'm basically stuck and forced to play something if you know what i mean.

I do really like the suggestion that was made about getting better rewards if you stay loyal to a faction over multiple seasons.

Hormly
05-12-2017, 12:42 AM
So many impure viking posers now fill our ranks >:( I just know theyre going to cost us a season 2 win.

but I cant shave my beard and join the sissy factions, so I guess I gotta take the loss

JP_3rd
05-12-2017, 02:58 AM
This whole faction war thing just feels terrible as a competitive thing. They can say what they want, but ur personal performance has no bearing at all on the results. Whether u win or not depends solely on whether u pick door #1, 2, or 3.

Im on the knights. I lost out on the ornaments not because of anything i did or didnt do; not because other people outperformed me or i lost a certain number of matches; Not because i wasnt in a cerai percentage on the leaderboards; but Only because i didnt choose to represent the winning faction. Its a simple fact. Everything they say is just them over complicating a random hit or miss choice.

bmason1000
05-12-2017, 03:28 AM
So many impure viking posers now fill our ranks >:( I just know theyre going to cost us a season 2 win.

but I cant shave my beard and join the sissy factions, so I guess I gotta take the loss

Well said

Karma_Ghost
05-12-2017, 03:36 AM
They can say what they want, but ur personal performance has no bearing at all on the results. Whether u win or not depends solely on whether u pick door #1, 2, or 3.

Except it does. That's what assets are. Just because your contribution alone can't sway the tide of battle, doesn't mean it doesn't have any bearing on the results. Put enough drops of water together and you can make an ocean.

JP_3rd
05-12-2017, 03:49 AM
Except it does. That's what assets are. Just because your contribution alone can't sway the tide of battle, doesn't mean it doesn't have any bearing on the results. Put enough drops of water together and you can make an ocean.

Exactly. I lost because i didnt choose the faction with the most drops in ur bucket

Karma_Ghost
05-12-2017, 04:02 AM
Exactly. I lost because i didnt choose the faction with the most drops in ur bucket

If you're agreeing then you're complaining because your faction lost not because personal contribution doesn't matter.

Egotistic_Ez
05-12-2017, 04:13 AM

Not really how it works I'm afraid.

Outside of some psychological bias that might make skilled players pick vikings (an example, not a fact), or some other similar effect we've got no way of accounting for, the percentage of skilled players, inactives, and people who don't manually deploy assets are spread evenly across all factions. Because the game then balances assets based on population size it essentially makes every faction identical.

So while Jay may say "**** it, I'm done with this bs", statistically there's the same percentage of people saying the exact same thing in every other faction which evens it out.

Fact is the faction war comes down to which way those percentages fall in the last few turns of the round and, since we have no real effect on it, for all intents and purposes it is just luck.

EDIT - The exception to that is bandwagoning. Since the vikings won season 1 a LOT of people, usually those who are less skilled or active, will jump to team viking. So assume they'll lose this season.

The_B0G_
05-12-2017, 04:38 AM
I thought about hopping over, then I seen the stats on the faction war and how they won, figured a lot of bad players would hop on their faction, so I stayed knight faction. Doubt I'll ever change.

Egotistic_Ez
05-12-2017, 04:39 AM
how do you even begin to understand what you jsut said? so you are saying nothing we did mattered. they jksut threw a dart at a board and thats how they picked the winner? HAHAHAH seriosuly people... salt much about S1...

See my post above.

skru_loose
05-12-2017, 05:08 AM
ZOMG people! Until ubisoft makes it so you only gain war resource for a character of your faction (CHILDREN, NOTE HOW I DIDN'T SAY LOCK YOU INTO A SET FACTION) then the whole faction war thing remains utter ********, the number of times on console I see a Viking playing a prestige 20+ peace keeper or orochi or law bringer and then look at the faction war results is just laughable, and don't tell me that their real main is a faction class rep 30 or whatever. The moron on the warriors den sums up the situation perfectly, 'yay us vikings won, but hey I play peace keeper' or words to that effect. A simple fix , block war resource to non faction classes played then you may just see a more appropriate so called faction war result. I've brought this idea up a few times previously but wussy little tender hearts seem to read it as they can't play anything they want rather than hey if you think your factions hot **** then back that up by actually using said faction.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-12-2017, 10:38 AM
ZOMG people! Until ubisoft makes it so you only gain war resource for a character of your faction (CHILDREN, NOTE HOW I DIDN'T SAY LOCK YOU INTO A SET FACTION) then the whole faction war thing remains utter ********, the number of times on console I see a Viking playing a prestige 20+ peace keeper or orochi or law bringer and then look at the faction war results is just laughable, and don't tell me that their real main is a faction class rep 30 or whatever. The moron on the warriors den sums up the situation perfectly, 'yay us vikings won, but hey I play peace keeper' or words to that effect. A simple fix , block war resource to non faction classes played then you may just see a more appropriate so called faction war result. I've brought this idea up a few times previously but wussy little tender hearts seem to read it as they can't play anything they want rather than hey if you think your factions hot **** then back that up by actually using said faction.

I touched on the fact several weeks ago about the presenter maining the spamming PK for his Viking faction. ..a total and utter joke..Surely there must be a serious look in depth at fixing the asset points rewarded for those who play warriors from their chosen faction. .How is it right for someone to shout "Hey I won cos I'm a Viking " when most of the time they used warriors from other factions..
I like and agree with above comment,,use warrior from your chosen faction and collect rewarded assets,,but if you use mercenary warriors ( not your faction ) then no assets. ..
It gives more principal to the faction war...
Absolutely scunnering to hear many many times "oh I main warlord but I'm a knight",,"yeah I main PK for my Viking bros",,
"Cool,I main conqueror though I'm Samurai ",, how absurd this is.

SO PLEASE DEV'S HAVE REAL CONSIDERATIONS IN FIXING THIS IN WHATEVER WAY YOU SEE FIT..
STOP THE SPAMMERS SPAMMING MERCENARY ASSET GATHERING.
IF YOU USE YOUR CHOSEN FACTIONS WARRIORS THEN THEY ARE COLLECTING ASSETS FOR THEIR WAR CHEST,,NOT SOME OUT OF FACTION WARRIOR,,SO THE TRUE FACTION PLAYERS SHOULD BE REWARDED ACCORDINGLY.
IF YOU WANT TO USE WARRIORS OUTWITH YOUR FACTION THEN NO ASSETS SHOULD BE GIVEN AS THIS SHOULD BE LOOKED UPON AS PLAYING FOR FUN..
IF YOU WANT TO HELP YOUR FACTIONS WAR CHEST THEN PLAY WARRIORS FROM IT...

HEY VIKING IM JUST SNEAKING IN GIVING YOU 1,850 ASSETS,
ODEN; "YOU 'ORIBBLE SPAMMING PK WENCH,,WHERE'S MY VIKING BROTHERS AND SISTERS,,WHEN DID WE START USING THESE FALSE VIKING WANNABES,,
FOR THERE'LL BE NO VALHALLA FOR THE IMPOSTERS.

😂😂😂😂

Tyrjo
05-12-2017, 11:48 AM
I was viking in season one but I switched to knights for season two.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Knights poop in their armor.

No thanks.

I'll defecate with the rest of the Vikings behind a bush like a proper human being.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Knights poop in their armor.

No thanks.

I'll defecate with the rest of the Vikings behind a bush like a proper human being.

...except vikings don't wash their rear.... according to historical texts.

CandleInTheDark
05-12-2017, 01:35 PM
>.> Stay with your own kind, we don't want people jumping to us just because fair weather traitors from our side have flocked under your banner.

NocturnalFox-
05-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Like I genuinely was happy being knights faction as I play knight classes almost exclusively (Only giving vikings and samurai a go for the trophies and for the campaign- didn't like either tbh), but as I said what is the point of choosing a faction if they are all basically the same and the only difference is what your emblem border looks like...

At the end of the day the faction war is a load of ****e.
Because its not factions- its a mixture of the factions fighting for each other.

Now that there is also unlockables attached to being on the winning team it makes sense that people (myself included) will jump to the winning team.
What is gained from losing a season? Nothing.
I stuck with knights did ok for the time I could play, but I learned my lesson after 2+ whatever months- join the winning side.

So now everyone should stack a faction if they want the prizes.
GG at creating teamwork in a roundabout way Ubi ;)