PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they should balance the game around console instead of PC?

cragar212
05-11-2017, 03:24 PM
As most people know by now the console and pc versions of FH are two distinctly different games. There is not only a difference in gameplay but even in playstyle due to these differences.

The primary difference is reaction time as well as most agree pc offers a much smoother feeling.

I am a console player but spent about 15hrs playing on pc and it is a different game. It's not only randoms who feel this way. Some of the top pc players in the world (Sypher, kingrichard, iskys, keehu) all said the same after playing in console tournaments. They said things like it's a guessing game not a skill game and that in it's current form shouldn't exist on console.

The Pc version of the game is dying rapidly. Last night it had 1400 players on steam. Yet console is still flourishing.

Should the devs make improving the console version of the game a focus? For example all season they said their top priority has been fixing the turtle meta. Yet turtling is far less of an issue on console.

It feels like console is just here to pay the bills while they get pc sorted.

Whew that was long home sick nothing todo.

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Needs to be seperate or consoles need to be pushed to 60 fps. If they balance it around consoles it would become really slow for pc.

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 03:28 PM
The devs said they want to try the fixes they have going first with key binding and dead zone tweaking (both of which make a huge difference, I have an elite controller and already have both, gb on left click, feint on right click and if I didn't have paddles underneath I would have had dodge on lb/1 and right stick with minimum dead zone), just not having to take fingers and thumbs off the buttons and sticks you need for the fight gives you an extra split second once you have muscle memory, though they also made the point that the peacekeeper, which is where most of the balance complaints comes from, has a lower win/loss on the console than the pc.

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Needs to be seperate or consoles need to be pushed to 60 fps. If they balance it around consoles it would become really slow for pc.

I don't know what it would take to make a game 60fps after it's already 30fps but from how rare it happens I'm willing to bet the cost of resources wouldn't make it worth it or ubi. I do agree that if we balance it around console PC will be destroyed from how slow it will be. Ideally they would balance them separate but again I'm not sure the cost of doing that would be worth it for them

Alustar.
05-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Cranking up the fps is not the solution to the lack of responsiveness, even if they wanted to I don't think they could because it would increase lag. instead look into the timing of the indicator and how soon after it alerts does a hero strike.

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Input and display delay are the worst problems console is facing mnot so much the frames per second. I switched my TV to game mode and use the wired controller now and it's night and day difference

dj.unam
05-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Input and display delay are the worst problems console is facing mnot so much the frames per second. I switched my TV to game mode and use the wired controller now and it's night and day difference

If u got a Samsung TV set your HDMI Input to "PC" mode.
And set your PS4 to 720p.
Its another Huge improvement.

Pope138
05-11-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't know what it would take to make a game 60fps after it's already 30fps but from how rare it happens I'm willing to bet the cost of resources wouldn't make it worth it or ubi. I do agree that if we balance it around console PC will be destroyed from how slow it will be. Ideally they would balance them separate but again I'm not sure the cost of doing that would be worth it for them

Agreed.
If this game is going to reach it's full potential on console then it will need to bumped up to 60 fps. Sadly, I don't think this is possible. Hopefully we'll see it happen with the sequel.

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 04:25 PM
If u got a Samsung TV set your HDMI Input to "PC" mode.
And set your PS4 to 720p.
Its another Huge improvement.

Thanks for the advice I'll have to try that out too.

TheLastPandaa
05-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Do you think they should balance the game around console instead of PC?
Short answer: Yes i do.

Captain-Courage
05-11-2017, 04:56 PM
The game has never been really designed for PC to begin with, otherwise they would never have implemented this crappy open bar P2P infrastructure, and the game is basically dead on this platform, with a userbase that won't recover now, too late (we'll just see a spike in numbrers with the release of the new heroes, then 2 weeks after i will go back to "normal" numbers, understand abyssal)

So ... why not.

Netcode_err_404
05-11-2017, 05:13 PM
What a BS topic. Different platforms with different problems. Ask to fix your platform's problem, instead forcing the devs to ignore one of the 2 platforms at all.

This thread gives me AIDS

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 06:11 PM
What a BS topic. Different platforms with different problems. Ask to fix your platform's problem, instead forcing the devs to ignore one of the 2 platforms at all.

This thread gives me AIDS

Well it's probably because it's more realistic the devs could change on their side than Microsoft or Sony could change their piece of hardware. It's also playing to your audience. If you have a convenience store and 80% of your customers drink beer A as opposed to 20% that drink beer b then it would make sense that you try to appeal to beer A guys more. If you have limited resources and you either have to have to take the hit from the beer A guys or the beer B guys which would you choose?

Netcode_err_404
05-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Well it's probably because it's more realistic the devs could change on their side than Microsoft or Sony could change their piece of hardware. It's also playing to your audience. If you have a convenience store and 80% of your customers drink beer A as opposed to 20% that drink beer b then it would make sense that you try to appeal to beer A guys more. If you have limited resources and you either have to have to take the hit from the beer A guys or the beer B guys which would you choose?

Its ubisoft, they do not have limited anything.

I paid the game as you did, and since Im on pc, i coudn't care less about console, and console probably will feel the same about pc. So, i don't care to have the ga,me balanced for problems that on my platform don't exist.

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Its ubisoft, they do not have limited anything.

I paid the game as you did, and since Im on pc, i coudn't care less about console, and console probably will feel the same about pc. So, i don't care to have the ga,me balanced for problems that on my platform don't exist.

But they do have limited resources. If they had unlimited resources then updates would be more frequent and they would be able to balance between console and PC. It's not a matter of you caring or not, I'm looking at it from there perspective as business owners. You are a beer b guy so of course you don't care about beer a. Look at it this way. This store only has one cooler than can either fit beer A or it can fit beer B. They also have a shelf though that can fit whatever beer doesn't fit into the cooler. When people buy their beer they prefer it to be cold. So now as a business owner you have to decide whose business you are more willing to lose, Beer A guys or Beer B guys. There is no inbetween, this is the decision Ubisoft has to make unless they are willing to buy a whole new cooler (balances different between the two platforms). If they do the cost could end up being an overall loss.

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Console is overall less quality than PC, in terms of hardware and visuals. Why would they base on console which would ruin the better system because console needs slower things from what I've heard.

Because that's where their main playerbase is. If the majority of their customers are console so from a business stand point it makes more sense to balance the game around them.

Netcode_err_404
05-11-2017, 07:41 PM
The others sh can support their games on all platforms. Why ubisoft should not ?

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 07:52 PM
The others sh can support their games on all platforms. Why ubisoft should not ?

The others balance according to platform because it benefits them in the long run. If it benefited ubi to do so then why wouldn't they do it? Well the answer is it probably wouldn't. The sales of this game weren't exactly stellar, it's a very niche market so pouring a ton of resources into something that probably didn't profit them a whole lot will make them lose more money.

Netcode_err_404
05-11-2017, 09:08 PM
The others balance according to platform because it benefits them in the long run. If it benefited ubi to do so then why wouldn't they do it? Well the answer is it probably wouldn't. The sales of this game weren't exactly stellar, it's a very niche market so pouring a ton of resources into something that probably didn't profit them a whole lot will make them lose more money.

The sales are not stellar because the product is broken. Otherwise people would buy it. But they don't because for honor connecting issue is a meme right now.

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
The sales are not stellar because the product is broken. Otherwise people would buy it. But they don't because for honor connecting issue is a meme right now.

That's a whole different discussion and it really doesn't have anything to do with this. The fact of the matter is the majority of the sales this game is going to make has already happened so the choice they have is appease the customers they have. Should they keep the smaller group happy or the bigger group. They are a business that is trying to make a profit and you have to look at it from that viewpoint

UbiNoty
05-12-2017, 12:46 AM
I think we've touched on this a few times in past streams - so currently we don't have any plans for separate balancing, since we're going to focus first on improving other elements that should make reaction speed perception better on console. But we'll still leave it open for consideration in the future.