PDA

View Full Version : All Centurion and Shinobi Executes and emotes.

TheMalakith
05-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Centurion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SczcCZITZN8

Shinobi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsnSZdGP34

Enjoy!

Moondyne_MC
05-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Sa-weet! I noticed that a lot of the emotes are quite 'goofy' for lack of a better word; that last Shinboi execution was beautiful though. Cheers (:

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 11:00 PM

Enjoy!

Centurion is just way too awesome. I don't think I'll ever get sick of that last execution

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Damn, those are awesome, love everything the Centurion does and a couple of the Shinobi executes are amazing :)

TheMalakith
05-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Centurion is just way too awesome. I don't think I'll ever get sick of that last execution

Agreed! I love the Centurion. I hope he will be balanced/ good. I'll probably main this badboy!

CandleInTheDark
05-10-2017, 11:15 PM
The centurion you can just imagine him shouting ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! lol

And the shinobi's, goodness, the last one, all get back over here I am not done with you.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Agreed! I love the Centurion. I hope he will be balanced/ good. I'll probably main this badboy!

Not sure if I'll main him just yet but I'm definitely picking him up asap and giving him a solid go before I drop him for awhile.

JCDagz
05-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Oh man, now I don't know which one I will start leveling up first! I was totally going for Shinobi when the new characters were announced, but now seeing the executions for the Centurion I am leaning towards going with him first. Can't wait!

Hormly
05-10-2017, 11:32 PM
These executes make the old ones look very plain

Karma_Ghost
05-10-2017, 11:46 PM
There's something particularly brutal about the executions where the loser tries to escape. I think Shinobi's final execution is more vicious than Lawbringer's back breaker.

UbiNoty
05-10-2017, 11:47 PM
Every centurion execute feels especially brutal for some reason. (I'm scared for the samurai next season...)

Tobias96716
05-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Emote wise it looks like they spent a bit more time on the Centurian.....

Ulrichvonbek111
05-11-2017, 01:24 AM
Every centurion execute feels especially brutal for some reason. (I'm scared for the samurai next season...)

💮💮
Bushido sister UbiNoty all shall be well for we are ready to tame the brute..Take him to the Temple Garden and fill him with plenty of sake then drown him in the fountain...😂😂😂.

SURESHOT22
05-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Those are long to extremely long. I know i know. Duel for the long ones and short ones for other.

Prob is duel i find a terrble waste of time. Its fun sure but the experience is a complete joke.

Trying to level up chars in a timely manner i would never do duel but i want to see the awesome executions.

Le sigh :(

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 02:15 AM

The Shinobi one where he pulls him back a few times is really sadistic as well, love it!

Egotistic_Ez
05-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Those are long to extremely long. I know i know. Duel for the long ones and short ones for other.

Keep in mind you get more hp for longer executions. If you're low hp and you have an extra second or so to get the long one off it can be beneficial.

Dizzy4213
05-11-2017, 02:46 AM
I might be wrong as it's hard to see, but I think the first execution of the Shinobi chops of both arms before he decapitates the opponent.

If that's the case, it's about damn time we got some different executions. Please Ubi, stop with the decapitation executions. We need more variety. I want to cut my opponents legs off, chop them in half, break their bones etc. Just something else other than the usual decapitation we see.

bmason1000
05-11-2017, 03:57 AM
I already hated shinobi, even more so now and he's not even released yet haha. Why are you an anime character, shinobi? Just...go away.

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 08:52 AM
I already hated shinobi, even more so now and he's not even released yet haha. Why are you an anime character, shinobi? Just...go away.

He's a bit over the top, but I never liked ninja's much anyway. the Centurion however is really awesome imo.

Captain-Courage
05-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Same thing I said in aniother post

A bit disapointed with Centurion executions.
First because his body language doesn't fell like a Cention at all, but like a Gladiator, a Pit Fighter, an crowd entertainer in an arena, not a military chief from a structured order. The characterisation is suffering from that.
Secondly because yes, I admit that it wasn't a very good game, but Ryse : son of Rome did the job far better when it comes to execute a foe with a gladius, or simply short sword + shield, so better than the warlord too to be honest (htat's the only real thing they nailed in this game)

Regarding the Shinobi they are nice, except the Kursarigama throw which is kinda stupid (it's not really a Kusarigama to begin with). You don't throw the sickle. Never. Even with a Kyogetsu Shoge you don't do that. These weapons have a weight or a ring for a reason.
I understand that it's probably to have a Mortal Kombat / Scorpion reference, which is nice by itself, but MK still does a far better job when it comes to silly, over the top executions.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-11-2017, 09:54 AM
That Centurian Thumbs Down execute and Knee Slice Shoulder Bash execute
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2bx6n6HJS1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

DrinkinMyStella
05-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Centurion all the way, his emoted lmao a bit clumsy

RapStylezz
05-11-2017, 01:43 PM
I love every single one of them, sucks you can only pick 2. Hope Ubi maybe makes it possible to use 4 in the future haha

Pope138
05-11-2017, 03:27 PM
I understand that these executions need to be all epic and stuff, but that shinobi execution where he climbs on the dudes shoulders is lame imo. Crazy inefficient, and there is no way he's not stabbing his own inner thighs. /rant

But that thumbs down execution the centurion does is brutal.

Pope138
05-11-2017, 03:37 PM
A bit disapointed with Centurion executions.
First because his body language doesn't fell like a Cention at all, but like a Gladiator, a Pit Fighter, an crowd entertainer in an arena, not a military chief from a structured order. The characterisation is suffering from that.

I definitely get a gladiator vibe as well, but I'm kind of thankful for it. Roman soldiers fought in shield walls and rarely alone (I know, warlord, but that is to a much lesser extent) and centurions often didn't fight at all and just commanded troops.
So I definitely think a gladiator would be a better fit. Also, a lot of gladiatorial events were reenactments of famous battles, so the Centurion label makes sense (if we want it to).
Personally, I would've preferred just a straight up gladiator, but whatever. Still cool.

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 03:51 PM
I definitely get a gladiator vibe as well, but I'm kind of thankful for it. Roman soldiers fought in shield walls and rarely alone (I know, warlord, but that is to a much lesser extent) and centurions often didn't fight at all and just commanded troops.
So I definitely think a gladiator would be a better fit. Also, a lot of gladiatorial events were reenactments of famous battles, so the Centurion label makes sense (if we want it to).
Personally, I would've preferred just a straight up gladiator, but whatever. Still cool.

Just a small correction, Roman Centurions usually fought with their soldiers on the front line.

Pope138
05-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Just a small correction, Roman Centurions usually fought with their soldiers on the front line.

Right, always on the frontline, but in a command position. During a shield wall they were usually front right and would signal to the legionaries in their command. From what I've read centurions didn't fight until the enemy was routed, or was the first into a breach.
I suppose this helps the centurion to look more like the independent fighter we see in For Honor.

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Right, always on the frontline, but in a command position. During a shield wall they were usually front right and would signal to the legionaries in their command. From what I've read centurions didn't fight until the enemy was routed, or was the first into a breach.
I suppose this helps the centurion to look more like the independent fighter we see in For Honor.

They did fight right away and casulties were quite high under Centurion. The back rows will take the fronts place by switching so they always have fresh fighters in the front, so it might happen that he gets pushed to the back in longer fights. They usually stood in the middle of the front line. Of course his role is to lead, but they pretty much always fought at the start.

Edit: But I do agree that he's more a gladiator than an actual Centrurion. Not that his armor makes much sense anyway and the fact he has no shield is rather odd.

Pope138
05-11-2017, 04:29 PM
They did fight right away and casulties were quite high under Centurion. The back rows will take the fronts place by switching so they always have fresh fighters in the front, so it might happen that he gets pushed to the back in longer fights. They usually stood in the middle of the front line. Of course his role is to lead, but they pretty much always fought at the start.

Edit: But I do agree that he's more a gladiator than an actual Centrurion. Not that his armor makes much sense anyway and the fact he has no shield is rather odd.

Interesting. That contradicts a lot of what I've read.
I'll look into it.

TheMalakith
05-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Interesting. That contradicts a lot of what I've read.
I'll look into it.

Correct me if you find anything I don't know about or am mistaken at, but that's what I know about it. Would love to learn or be corrected if you find something interesting.

A reason for this might also be that you can't hear a whole lot in a fight with all the sounds of steel, fighting etc (running with lorica segmentata armor makes a lot of noise for instance) as he gave orders by yelling, so it's likely the back rows mimicked the front row in a fight to know what they have to do ones the noise is too loud to hear the Centurion (this is my personal speculation). As they rows swapped every 90 seconds or so it's quite likely he was on the front for multiple passes even until he gets tired.

FizNpop
05-11-2017, 04:59 PM

Enjoy!

Why the hell is the Centurion the comic relief? Those taunts make him look like a noob. Also, why are his executions so long? That is just begging to get interrupted.

And really? Did the Shinobi serious stab himself?

SMH

Pope138
05-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Correct me if you find anything I don't know about or am mistaken at, but that's what I know about it. Would love to learn or be corrected if you find something interesting.

A reason for this might also be that you can't hear a whole lot in a fight with all the sounds of steel, fighting etc (running with lorica segmentata armor makes a lot of noise for instance) as he gave orders by yelling, so it's likely the back rows mimicked the front row in a fight to know what they have to do ones the noise is too loud to hear the Centurion (this is my personal speculation). As they rows swapped every 90 seconds or so it's quite likely he was on the front for multiple passes even until he gets tired.

During battle they actually used whistles to signal when fresh fighting men would take their place at the front so the men they replaced could take a break, get some water...
You can buy replicas (https://www.der-roemer-shop.de/centurion-whistle-reenactment) online.

A lot of my info comes from the works of Stephen Dando-Collins. Amazing historical author. I recommend "Nero's Killing Machine." It's all about the disgraced 14th Legion that eventually redeemed itself by defeating Boudica despite being crazy outnumbered (it was like 23 to 1!).

xLeapingLizardx
05-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Nice! All of these look pretty solid to me!

I knew they were gonna give the Centurion a lot of clumsy emotes, just like the did the LB.
"Do you look big and bruting? Well get ready to look like a doofus with our emotes!" - Ubisoft :p