PDA

View Full Version : Far cry 5

Farcryisdead
05-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Far cry 5 is set in montana usa but it's not a western. it will be set around a modern day-ish montana. well thats the info im getting so maybe it's true or maybe it's not.

WID992007
05-10-2017, 10:15 PM
same thing i heard .. we will know more next month i suppose at E 3 June 13th - the 15th i'll be in LA for the event ..hopefully they have a build ready i can play when i get there :)

WID992007
05-10-2017, 11:12 PM
myths in the tweet i saw today ???

Leaks at Giant Bomb and Kotaku indicate Far Cry 5 is set in Montana. Your a cop who is after a rebel group who has taken over some ranches.

Farcryisdead
05-11-2017, 11:47 AM
I hope ubisoft surprise us by adding the map editor and multiplayer to FC5. i wouldn't bet any money on this through.

briangade
05-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Sounds interesting,but I'm not really optimistic.I really hope it will return FC to form,but I'm expecting another "Ubisoft the open world game".Same old mechanics and mission types and paint by numbers storywith ****ty AI and spawning.Please,please prove me wrong Ubi...I would love for a reurn to form..I really miss my old Ubisoft

Farcryisdead
05-13-2017, 08:15 PM
IMO if they reveal only a small teaser at E3 2017 this will more than likely mean a 2018 release date for fc5.

HorTyS
05-14-2017, 07:49 AM
Sounds interesting,but I'm not really optimistic.I really hope it will return FC to form,but I'm expecting another "Ubisoft the open world game".Same old mechanics and mission types and paint by numbers story with ****ty AI and spawning.Please,please prove me wrong Ubi...I would love for a reurn to form..I really miss my old Ubisoft

What "form" are you hoping they return to though? Because personally I like the structure they've established with FC3/4, though things could be tweaked & improved to alleviate some of the more re-used systems they have (towers for example). There are elements from FC2 I think could be brought in and fleshed out / balanced better, like weapon degradation, but FC2 had a handful of issues that were fairly frustrating as well, such as bullet-spongey enemies, hive mind AI that drastically limited stealth options and those respawning checkpoints. Reverting all the way to any FC before 2 would be a mistake IMO.... I think finding a balance between the FC3 & 2 types would be sort of the best of both worlds, and I wouldn't mind seeing

I do hope the game is modern day Montana and not a western, because A) going up against RDR2 would be suicide and the game would not sell as well as it could, no one in their right mind who could only get one would go with a western FC over RDR2. B) as a Montana native, I think doing something with the area in a FC game could be very interesting indeed... the environment, the wildlife, and if its the sort of small scale domestic terrorism kinda stuff that the Eurogamer vid speculated, that could lead to a cool story...and I would be interested to see how they handled being cut off from civilization for the most part... and how only you are taking on the enemies etc...

HorTyS
05-15-2017, 01:14 AM
I absolutely agree. Worth mentioning that FC2 AI has a wounded state and is more empathic in that they go and bring their wounded companions into cover..

Yeah, would be cool if they introduced some sort of injury system where you can hit appendages to incapacitate enemies to lure others or as a distraction. Use a bow to hit someone in the leg so they fall over screaming drawing attention to that location so you can flank around as they gather to the wounded soldier, stuff like that...Shooters in general I think could start implementing more systemic mechanics like that to make combat/ encounters deeper if the player decides to take advantage of those feature....

briangade
05-18-2017, 04:07 PM
@HorTyS By return to form I was thinking back to FC2 and 3.FC3 is the last game in my mind I really enjoyed and IMO had only minor issues.

HorTyS
05-22-2017, 10:08 AM
@HorTyS By return to form I was thinking back to FC2 and 3.FC3 is the last game in my mind I really enjoyed and IMO had only minor issues.

well if you feel 3 is the "form" they need to return to can you tell me why you didn't like 4? It was very similar.....

Fallen-Champ
05-22-2017, 10:21 AM
well if you feel 3 is the "form" they need to return to can you tell me why you didn't like 4? It was very similar.....

Maybe the palm trees ;)

HorTyS
05-30-2017, 06:56 AM
Maybe the palm trees ;)

Sad as it is to say, people have disapproved of games for matters as trivial as that...