PDA

View Full Version : Alpha and Closed Beta Emblem Packs

Bringer89
05-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Just curious if these will ever be obtainable again some great emblem symbols would like to have them as part of the collection

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 04:15 PM
I hope not, I use them because they are exlusive and relatively rare. It would undermine the value of them considerably if anyone could have them.

Bringer89
05-10-2017, 04:46 PM
I get exclusivity but nothing is undermined its not like you achieved anything other than playing in the alpha and closed beta.

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 07:31 PM
I get exclusivity but nothing is undermined its not like you achieved anything other than playing in the alpha and closed beta.

You don't get exclusivity then. Exclusivity is what would be undermined if everyone had them. The total opposite of exclusivity. And it is an achievement, one you cannot duplicate, something I did, that you didn't :)

Bringer89
05-10-2017, 07:55 PM
You don't get exclusivity then. Exclusivity is what would be undermined if everyone had them. The total opposite of exclusivity. And it is an achievement, one you cannot duplicate, something I did, that you didn't :)

I guess we differ in opinions on what an "achievement" is, The reality is nobody cares about anyone elses emblem so whatever satisfaction you claim from your "exclusive symbols" is just your own. Other people having them doesn't undermine anything and if you feel it does thats kind of pathetic. I mean preorder stuff was called "exclusive" but they just gave it to everyone anyway I wasn't posting here for your opinion just a simple reply from someone who actually knows if they will be released.

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 08:42 PM
I guess we differ in opinions on what an "achievement" is

What is an achievement anyway? Picking the winning faction by sheer luck? Playing a lot? Pre-ordering from a store? Real achievements are things like climbing Mount Everest, not playing games. However, as far as gaming achievements go, being there for certain exclusive events is pretty much a standard one.

An achievement is definitely not whining on forums until you get the reward for something you did not achieve.

They didn't give the pre-order stuff to everyone. The pre-order stuff is still exclusive to people who pre-ordered the game, funnily enough.

The reality is nobody cares about anyone elses emblem

Then why the post asking to have them? :rolleyes:

Sorry pal, you can't make a thread asking for something you want and then claim nobody cares. You do, clearly ;)

I see you're trying to insult me for valuing something that you want badly enough to be worth insulting me over. Have a think about that ...

BananaBlighter
05-10-2017, 09:15 PM
I played all the closed alphas and betas, but i have to agree with the OP here. It is not an achievement to have been lucky enough to participate, and I wouldn't mind seeing those emblem packs becoming available to others eventually with a rather hefty steel cost. If you didn't earn that exclusivity then I don't see how it has any value in the first place.

Same with the faction war rewards. Many players on all sides were just un/lucky and got dragged down/carried by their teammates, despite playing well/badly. I would like to see the exclusive ornaments from season 1 released to all factions at the end of season 2 with a high steel cost to purchase them.

In general I think we should be trying to reward people as little as we can for things that revolve around luck. Even playing a lot isn't something I view as an achievement. When I see a rep 30, I do not think, "Wow!" - I think, "Jesus I wish I had that much time".

I have suggested in the past another currency which you earn for kills and lose for deaths (and cannot be bought with micro-transactions), hence only being earned by good players. This currency could be used to buy things like patterns which are above your rep level, giving an alternative to players who do not have time but have skill.

Bringer89
05-10-2017, 10:12 PM
I played all the closed alphas and betas, but i have to agree with the OP here. It is not an achievement to have been lucky enough to participate, and I wouldn't mind seeing those emblem packs becoming available to others eventually with a rather hefty steel cost. If you didn't earn that exclusivity then I don't see how it has any value in the first place.

Same with the faction war rewards. Many players on all sides were just un/lucky and got dragged down/carried by their teammates, despite playing well/badly. I would like to see the exclusive ornaments from season 1 released to all factions at the end of season 2 with a high steel cost to purchase them.

In general I think we should be trying to reward people as little as we can for things that revolve around luck. Even playing a lot isn't something I view as an achievement. When I see a rep 30, I do not think, "Wow!" - I think, "Jesus I wish I had that much time".

I have suggested in the past another currency which you earn for kills and lose for deaths (and cannot be bought with micro-transactions), hence only being earned by good players. This currency could be used to buy things like patterns which are above your rep level, giving an alternative to players who do not have time but have skill.

Yeah i would gladly pay for them i just have that "Gotta Catch Em All" mentality i just want to unlock all the possible options not tarnish anyones achievements

UbiNoty
05-10-2017, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't think so, as the alpha and beta packs were meant to be exclusive to players who participated in those events. However, you can never say never.