PDA

View Full Version : Russian Campaign

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 01:48 PM
I am presently moving along in my first campaign - Russian fighter. I played a number of missions initially with the I-16. Had a hard game in a thunderstorm. I survived the first engagement of an attack; but had to bail in a second wave (a lot of my squad didn't make it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

To my surprise I advanced on in the campaign. After my hospitalization, I was given a new plan (P-40).

I gather that there is a separate part to each campaign with a different plane. If I remember correctly, I had four choices (time periods) to choose from when I picked this particular campaign.

For those who have played through the campaigns (probably most, eh?), are there certain number of missions for each part of the campaign? How does a successful campaign end (anything exciting to see)?

-------------------------------

On a separate note, while I do respect the gamers here who have been playing IL-2 series and know (and probably will always) way more about the planes and flying (yet to learn about engine management) than me, I think this game is great! Perhaps my ignorance has shielded me from all the disappointments that certain others are experiencing with the recent patches.

If I have any disappointment, it is that I can't play this game on Perfect yet, but hopefully further driver updates/fixes relating to my Radeon card with resolve this.

It's exactly what I was hoping it would be. I'm still relatively new and not looking ahead (though there are some great games coming) for anything until I enjoy this sim some more fully.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 01:48 PM
I am presently moving along in my first campaign - Russian fighter. I played a number of missions initially with the I-16. Had a hard game in a thunderstorm. I survived the first engagement of an attack; but had to bail in a second wave (a lot of my squad didn't make it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

To my surprise I advanced on in the campaign. After my hospitalization, I was given a new plan (P-40).

I gather that there is a separate part to each campaign with a different plane. If I remember correctly, I had four choices (time periods) to choose from when I picked this particular campaign.

For those who have played through the campaigns (probably most, eh?), are there certain number of missions for each part of the campaign? How does a successful campaign end (anything exciting to see)?

-------------------------------

On a separate note, while I do respect the gamers here who have been playing IL-2 series and know (and probably will always) way more about the planes and flying (yet to learn about engine management) than me, I think this game is great! Perhaps my ignorance has shielded me from all the disappointments that certain others are experiencing with the recent patches.

If I have any disappointment, it is that I can't play this game on Perfect yet, but hopefully further driver updates/fixes relating to my Radeon card with resolve this.

It's exactly what I was hoping it would be. I'm still relatively new and not looking ahead (though there are some great games coming) for anything until I enjoy this sim some more fully.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 01:58 PM
The Campaigns just end, full stop, no fanfair, no nothing! So if you expected chearing crowds and victory celebrations, with young thankfull girls throwing flowers (and themselves) at you, you are going to be grossly dissapointed. Sorry!

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 02:08 PM
That's alright, my wife wouldn't like those girls throwing themselves at me anyway /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
TacticalSkirmsh wrote:
. . . .
- It's exactly what I was hoping it would be. I'm
- still relatively new and not looking ahead (though
- there are some great games coming) for anything
- until I enjoy this sim some more fully.
-
-

Its good to hear someone being happy about this game. You deserve a good answer.

If you have the game all patched up to v1.11 you can have a look in your FB folder for the 1.11 Readme file. There are entries that you can make to shorten or lengthen your future campaigns. The info on how to do that is in that readme.

Tsisqua

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have set the campaign to shortest length using FB Manager 4.0.

Not sure if this change takes immediate affect (i.e., campaign had already existed before I made this change).

Therefore, I was wondering how many missions with the default settings.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 05:08 PM
TacticalSkirmsh wrote:
-
--------------------------------
-
- On a separate note, while I do respect the gamers
- here who have been playing IL-2 series and know (and
- probably will always) way more about the planes and
- flying (yet to learn about engine management) than
- me, I think this game is great! Perhaps my
- ignorance has shielded me from all the
- disappointments that certain others are experiencing
- with the recent patches.
-
Don't believe everything that is posted on this forum! in this case, ignorance is a blessing. I've played the original Il-2 from the beginning and I still love to fly FB. Don't let the lots of negative posts get on you! Just have your fun (the I-16 is a fun plane) and take the earliest Il-2 for a spin if you want to have some good fun with ground targets.

Happy flying!

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 05:11 PM
The only real obvious bug, is the sound. It was always the weakest link in Il-2 and FB. Now, the souds of the guns are sometimes lagging behind the actual firing of the guns. You shoot, hear nothing and when you stop shooting, you hear the gun sounds!!!

Anyways, they fixed the fading engine sounds.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)