PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate for the Heavies.

J-HovTheKnolls
05-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Feels like the whole community and Dev team hate them and you all just want them to deal and take no damage and now want them to be punished for be defensive in the game. From top to bottom reps 4, 8 and 8 and when the new season begins will have to leave the class cause the baby van, assins and hybs hate that they take and deal more damage then them.

Moondyne_MC
05-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Likely because they're the ultimate defensive players in the game, and playing against someone with solid defense and reaction skills is just painful, especially when they're playing a heavy.

They're not doing anything wrong as such, just playing how their characters are designed, but there's also a reason why the devs are trying to break the defensive meta.

Fenrirwolf24
05-09-2017, 11:21 PM
I think the biggest issue with the heavies is that its insanely hard to attack them. They just about block every attack. Which leads to a long drawn out fight that gets boring fast. As for the high damage i dont really see that as a problem. Its fine as is.

Pillow_Hands
05-09-2017, 11:25 PM
I think the problem stems from the heavy lean on defensive tactics in this game, because it is the most effective way to play, and the Heavy classes naturally excel at this role, making them top picks. The only classes that could compete on a tourney level with the heavy classes were Warden(vortex), and PK(very fast lights/zones).

Perhaps when the game's balance shifts, and is less reliant on turtling, we'll see some buffs to the heavy classes.

Hormly
05-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Featherweights are jealous