PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Mode

PathlessMoss
05-09-2017, 05:08 PM
(if others have brought up similar ideas - sorry in advance)

This is an idea of a tournament style game mode that I think should be added.

Players: 4 or 8

Everyone gets randomly paired for duels. If you die or are waiting on the next round you can spectate other duels until everyone finishes their first round. Losers can get their exp and go back into matchmaking or wait in the lobby and spectate to ready up for the next tournament.

After each round the winners move up the bracket and get a higher exp bonus for each bracket until there is only one tournament winner.

This would help give a place for honor bound brawlers and would fit this game perfectly. What do you think?

Eyaside
05-09-2017, 06:00 PM
This would be amazing. I play the game too much as it is, but with this I wouldn't be able to help myself. You just have to be careful on the incentive to win, because with even a hair of an extra bonus, people are going to start playing sooo cheesy. Ledge lords, top 5 spam, the works.

PathlessMoss
05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
I know, if they had a mode like this it would be my go to mode hands down. I mean even the spectating aspect would be fun. You can learn by watching how others are winning their fights first hand. I agree that if this was to ever become a game mode any kind of exp bonus for each bracket should be only a small increase.

Eyaside
05-09-2017, 08:27 PM
As it is right now, the only incentive to win is extra war assets and stats. Some people still go to extreme measures with just that to pull out all the stops.

UbiJurassic
05-10-2017, 01:03 AM
It's definitely a fun and awesome idea! Quite a few players have shared similar ideas us and it is certainly something we could look into for the future. What are everyone else's thoughts on a gamemode like this?

bmason1000
05-10-2017, 02:35 AM
Dig it.

JCDagz
05-10-2017, 11:27 PM
This would be an awesome game mode. Tournament, Gladiator, King of the Mountain mode or something along those lines.