PDA

View Full Version : I would liek to see a screenshot of stormy weather and a rough sea.

Seeratte
07-27-2004, 10:31 AM
I checked all screenshots and videos,but never saw a picture,where the sea is rough and have high waves. I think i read,they included storms etc,but i dont know if this affect the sea alot,except maybe a little bit higher waves the usually.

In AoD,i loved the sea movements,especially when the sea was rough..but of course it was not even close comapred to a real storm.

I watched a friend playing Pirates of the carribean,which also has ncie water/ocean effects and one time he entered a storm and the waves were sginificantly higher then normally.

I would like to know from the commnity here,if such feature is planned and from the Devs,if they maybe could post a pic of a stormy ocean here.

That would be great.
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seeratte
07-27-2004, 10:31 AM
I checked all screenshots and videos,but never saw a picture,where the sea is rough and have high waves. I think i read,they included storms etc,but i dont know if this affect the sea alot,except maybe a little bit higher waves the usually.

In AoD,i loved the sea movements,especially when the sea was rough..but of course it was not even close comapred to a real storm.

I watched a friend playing Pirates of the carribean,which also has ncie water/ocean effects and one time he entered a storm and the waves were sginificantly higher then normally.

I would like to know from the commnity here,if such feature is planned and from the Devs,if they maybe could post a pic of a stormy ocean here.

That would be great.
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

macker33
07-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I'd say sprays and washes and choppiness are still beyond computers.Weather still has a long way to go.

Seeratte
07-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Im aware of this,i was more refering to a strong wave pattern..not the calculation of water hitting objects etc.

macker33
07-27-2004, 09:55 PM
well silent hunter2 did a good job of heavy swells,not gigantic ones,sh3 is bound to be better in every way.

Xanthippus
07-28-2004, 03:32 PM
I thought the video showed some 'stormy' seas, maybe far from as bad as they could get, but i remember i did like seeing some great lightening effects in the backgroud.