PDA

View Full Version : Frame Rate problem?

DrinkinMyStella
05-08-2017, 02:35 PM
I play on the ps4 which i know consoles have a crappy frame rate compared to pc. I can block, parry, deflect on demand but the one thing i struggle with is counter GB i physically can't see the GB symbol until it's too late, my reaction time is good but i just cant seem to counter GB efficiently enough because i cant see it happening until its already happened the only time i counter it is by guessing. when i'm watching others play in the death screen i can see the GB happening a lot clearer than when i'm actually playing. is this a frame rate thing or if not any tips to increase my capability of counter GB?

DrExtrem
05-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Xbox perspective.

Blocking lights is possible and not a big deal - except for the pks light attacks. They are too fast, to reliably block them. Valk is manageable but difficult. (talking about the first light attack - the successive light strokes are too fast to block then consistently)

Partying and deflecting heavy strikes is not a problem at all.

I personally have no problem anymore with counter guard breaking - unless I screw up, because i am not concentrated. But i use an elite controller and i have mapped GB to one of the paddles. Without this piece of hardware, i would not be able to counter guardbreak on reflex.

Your thumb rests on the right stick and gas to move to the button, after you realized, that you are GBed. Even with good reflexes, it is very, very difficult.
You should remap the GB button if possible.

DrinkinMyStella
05-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Xbox perspective.

Blocking lights is possible and not a big deal - except for the pks light attacks. They are too fast, to reliably block them. Valk is manageable but difficult. (talking about the first light attack - the successive light strokes are too fast to block then consistently)

Partying and deflecting heavy strikes is not a problem at all.

I personally have no problem anymore with counter guard breaking - unless I screw up, because i am not concentrated. But i use an elite controller and i have mapped GB to one of the paddles. Without this piece of hardware, i would not be able to counter guardbreak on reflex.

Your thumb rests on the right stick and gas to move to the button, after you realized, that you are GBed. Even with good reflexes, it is very, very difficult.
You should remap the GB button if possible.

Thanks mate, at least its not just me that finds it difficult with standard controllers.

RatedChaotic
05-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Have you tried adjusting your tv to make it more visible?

I read an article the other day talking about fps, deadzones, refresh rates, input delays and a number of other things.

47in TV or higher is not good.
Projectors are not good
Off brand controllers are a hit and miss
Wireless network not good
Wireless controllers not good

This article was a few years old so its probly not as reliable as it used to be. But he was saying with a combination of all those it really can effect competitive play because your adding all those input delays together.

I may just be dumb but it sounded reasonable. My wife was sitting next to me when I was reading it. She said dont even think about downgrading our TV. lol

CoyoteXStarrk
05-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Yeah I have had some bad stuttering these past few days.

But its always hard to tell if thats the game or the connection.