PDA

View Full Version : New idea against turteling

kanuzira
05-08-2017, 08:43 AM
I came up with the idea after reading a post about parrying.
Basically my idea to battle the turtling is to give heroes a certain percentage of a chance to bypass a block or parry. Bigger and slower weapons have a slightly higher chance to bypass/push trough smaller weapon.
Like, raider vs warden = 5%chance on block 2% of parry

Raider vs peacekeeper =6% on block. 3% on parry

I also was thinking about puneshing the out of stamina a little by putting an extra 3% on it.

What do you guys think.
Like any other human we make mistakes, are over powered or outsmarted. With this i think we can break it on a fair basis without ruining gameplay.

Ryumanjisen
05-08-2017, 08:57 AM
That's a terrible mechanic for this game. In a fighting game you can't rely on luck (except for those strange characters with luck mechanics... but they are rare and generally VERY low tier).

kweassa1917
05-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Random shi* kills people.

CaynAldan
05-08-2017, 12:03 PM
What about a counter-Parry similar to counter GB? It would be close to real fencing, with parries, counter-parries, and counter-counter-parries... And so on. Each weapon has its own balance who allow you to change an out-balanced move in an attack. It's the same basic principle of chained attacks.

Not every attack allow that, but every weapon has this possibility, or at least every combat style has some techniques to give you that possibility.

DrinkinMyStella
05-08-2017, 12:22 PM
how about something much simpler but possibly better...how about timing out guard blocks with every hero like assassins? it mean they have to at least switch guard and then it means a heavy attack has more chance of breaking their guard.

kanuzira
05-08-2017, 12:56 PM
What about a counter-Parry similar to counter GB? It would be close to real fencing, with parries, counter-parries, and counter-counter-parries... And so on. Each weapon has its own balance who allow you to change an out-balanced move in an attack. It's the same basic principle of chained attacks.

Not every attack allow that, but every weapon has this possibility, or at least every combat style has some techniques to give you that possibility.

Also is a good viable thing to have. Good thinking!

Dizzy4213
05-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Hell no. There shouldn't be RNG in a skill-based game.