PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with community of this game?

JakesGoodman
05-07-2017, 01:17 PM
I just played over 20 duels... I played nobushi although warden is my main. In all those duels not a singe guy I was fighting acted normally. And im not talking about spamming emotes cause i got those muted with dialog settings ;p

Thing is that most of those players were just rude. Rude, cocky, disrespectful and exploit abusing. I'm just really tired of people cheesing or going for flicker zone/ soft faints to win cause they would lose in normal duel . One orochi wasted 5 minutes running around map... when I run his miserable *** down and killed him guess what? He rage quit... I feel like player base in For Honor consist mostly from over-excited little kids on sugar with no respect to others.

And that's one of the reasons why I play this game less and less. Please share your experience with this kind of players.

SlashingElbow
05-07-2017, 01:20 PM
The idiots playing this game wouldnt bother me at all if i could actually play it without getting disconnected. Good job ubi for failing with one of the greatest games ever. Congrats it takes a special kind of ****** to **** this **** up.

Funeragon
05-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Totaly agree :(

MagicTyrant
05-07-2017, 01:27 PM
The idiots playing this game wouldnt bother me at all if i could actually play it without getting disconnected. Good job ubi for failing with one of the greatest games ever. Congrats it takes a special kind of ****** to **** this **** up.

Wish I could even start the game. At this time I would be happy with getting disconnected now and then.
Think I have to wait for new patch to come out as others say reinstalling the game will not fix the game not starting problem.

kweassa1917
05-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Sounds about normal to me.

DrExtrem
05-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Sounds about normal to me.

Isn't that a bit disturbing or even worrying?

Dhaleks
05-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Give people the means to troll others, and they will.

This wouldn't happen if we had arenas actullay suited for duels or if issues and exploits were fixed.

Egotistic_Ez
05-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Fighting games are notorious for having BM communities. Combine that with the fact they're probably triggered from one of a hundred different bugs and it's to be expected.

ShonM93
05-07-2017, 02:28 PM
There is too much toxicity in the playerbase, everyone forgets that the game is about having fun, not about being a b***h about every move your opponent does...

kweassa1917
05-07-2017, 02:29 PM

Not really, naw... considering it's PvP,.. and in all of the PvP game types, 1v1s are where ALL the egos go to crash into each other and explode.

Besides, it's not even the "scrubs". Many ppl don't know this, but usually the best PvP players are also sociopaths.

The guys at the really, really top? They're like living, breathing ego freaks. When you meet one of those, you begin to understand why some of the best sports stars are also arseholes.

It's just "the name of the game". **shrug**

ShonM93
05-07-2017, 02:52 PM
To be honest (many ppl won't agree with me on this), toxic players should be punished for they behavior, because they ruin the fun of the game for every other ppl and even their own to. They should get like a day or two long ban, because the longer it goes unpunished the worst it gets. And there should be bigger punishments the more they do it.
Everyone should learn to behave when they are in a community, if they won't do it the easy way, then there is the hard way.

Joseph_2017
05-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Fighting games are notorious for having BM communities. Combine that with the fact they're probably triggered from one of a hundred different bugs and it's to be expected.

Ahh, hearing the term BM takes me back to my Diablo 2 days getting NK'd and fighting hackers. Agreed since I've never came across a fighting game without BM, you just can't control the salt.

Johny_Bee
05-07-2017, 06:04 PM
I have seen more than one thread dealing with this, and everytime I read, sadly, I have to agree. What is even worse, I mainly play PVE with friends, I am not good at pvp, or maybe I could be, but I just do no like it that much. Why I said I play PVE... Let's say you have an order to complete, let's say that order has something to do with other players on your team, you know where I am going with that. For example Skirmish/dominion/... medic order. They rather stay dead on the battlefield after you rush to revive them - usually because they wanted to go for a 1v2 and failed - and after, they even start to be rude, because you obviously were not there to help them... But hey! Who cares you were fighting elsewhere.
/ If there is a way I can help a teammate, I rush towards them, even if I am one hit from dying, just to take heat off them for example...

Now do not get me wrong, I found friends while playing, many of the people are nice, but I have to agree that yes, sadly, game seems to have many impolite players :/

With this said, I can see why people are angry in PVP, I play mainly PVE, but I tried multiple matches, and bugs / connections issues are good reasons to get upset, maybe even let some of the steam out, albeit being rude to other players (I work with people IRL, so I guess I am used to all kind of ****)

But I seriously cannot understand the reasoning in PVE, somebody rushes into battle, dies, because there are no friendlies around or some other reason, which is really only his / her fault in the end, and they start to insult their teammates ... anyway just my two cents

JohnWick87
05-07-2017, 07:17 PM
they should take away the chat as well.... or can i deactivate it ?

Nestramutat
05-07-2017, 08:13 PM
How freakingly ironic is that the name of this game is "For Honor"?

Hormly
05-07-2017, 08:19 PM
the game is;
A) Highly competitive
B) Highly unbalanced
C) Highly cheesy

This all equates to a highly toxic community.

want to make things better? Be the GG guy, the guy who says 'nice parry!' or 'you got me!'

Be a good sport, remember, YOU are the community as much as they are

CandleInTheDark
05-07-2017, 08:26 PM
To be honest (many ppl won't agree with me on this), toxic players should be punished for they behavior, because they ruin the fun of the game for every other ppl and even their own to. They should get like a day or two long ban, because the longer it goes unpunished the worst it gets. And there should be bigger punishments the more they do it.
Everyone should learn to behave when they are in a community, if they won't do it the easy way, then there is the hard way.

The problem is what do you consider toxic? Take brawl, personally, when I queue up for brawl, I queue up for a 2v2,it is the only place I can go for a team battle without boosts, feats and gear score. So for me, 'toxic' is the 'honor' community when one of them decides because attacked the guy he was attacking he is going to do everything he can to sabotage the pair of us, to him it is likely my behaviour that is toxic because he doesn't want to go to duel for a 1v1. People argue all over here and I have seen threads on reddit (I am not a member but I was looking for Den news before the last call to brawl), personally I will argue my right to attack anyone in the opposite colours at any time and to even join the two opening battles so that there is target switching all around until the day the devs say no that isn't how we want it to be played. So you open that door and that is a whole nasty can of worms.

Rikuto01.tv
05-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Well, this is a lot of bleed-over from dark souls community and generally pvp in that game have always been sometimes-honor and sometimes-trolling. You never know which you'll get so you gota just roll with it and have fun. It's nothing personal I'm sure.

CandleInTheDark
05-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Well, this is a lot of bleed-over from dark souls community and generally pvp in that game have always been sometimes-honor and sometimes-trolling. You never know which you'll get so you gota just roll with it and have fun. It's nothing personal I'm sure.

Mmhm my point being if you want bans for toxicity, whose definition of it?

Mia.Nora
05-08-2017, 12:50 AM
I think this is more of an issue with people who are what you would call more 'dedicated hardcore' base. They simply can not handle losing, and they lose their mind when they are winning probably touching themselves while spamming emotes.

On the other hand more casual people have a much more relax approach *provided that you respect them in return* instead of spamming emotes or cheese moves you noticed they don't know how to counter.

I encountered a player on duel, I think his name was fruitcakedruid, he was clearly a newer player with less experience in the game. After round 2 I realized that to be the case and went easy on him, and did not parry or use GB at all so he could actually use the tools he was accustomed to. We kept on playing back to back for almost an hour rotating through most of hero rooster, where I slowly introduced him to new mechanics like just parry one game, just GB/CGB another. He was playing significantly better in the end, and we both enjoyed it thoroughly. We had to stop playing because maintenance kicked in.

kweassa1917
05-08-2017, 01:39 AM
....didn't you people ever play sports? Football, basketball, baseball with your friends at school?

It's just what it is when things get too competitive and heated up. People trade banters, mouth-off, trashtalk. Egos clash all the time, pride being snubbed and fulfilled in ups and downs, one day you send a message of respect, the next day you send a "you're dead next time" grudge message. Emotions run high. That's what competition does. Those emotions often become strong motivations to do better, become better, and when you achieve your goal, you feel redeemed. You finally beat that guy. That's catharsis.

It's different from a genuine feeling of animosity and hatred, the desire to belittle and berate someone, and hurt their feelings. When those human scumball Nazi garbages in the game run around with Swastikas and mouthing of racist shi*, or when the Chinese-Japanese-Koreans butting heads against each other in their petty nationalism squabbles and bringing in real-life politics into the game... that's something different.

In PvP, people talk trash.

I'm having a hard time understanding why some people feel this as so alien and strange. . :confused:

Technomancer264
05-08-2017, 03:30 AM
This community is remarkably toxic. Frequent ragequits, teabagging, and chat spamming. I am rather glad that I play on console so people can't actually say what they want to say in chat. Truthfully, its the ragequitting that disappoints me the most.

Antonioj26
05-08-2017, 03:31 AM
....didn't you people ever play sports? Football, basketball, baseball with your friends at school?

It's just what it is when things get too competitive and heated up. People trade banters, mouth-off, trashtalk. Egos clash all the time, pride being snubbed and fulfilled in ups and downs, one day you send a message of respect, the next day you send a "you're dead next time" grudge message. Emotions run high. That's what competition does. Those emotions often become strong motivations to do better, become better, and when you achieve your goal, you feel redeemed. You finally beat that guy. That's catharsis.

It's different from a genuine feeling of animosity and hatred, the desire to belittle and berate someone, and hurt their feelings. When those human scumball Nazi garbages in the game run around with Swastikas and mouthing of racist shi*, or when the Chinese-Japanese-Koreans butting heads against each other in their petty nationalism squabbles and bringing in real-life politics into the game... that's something different.

In PvP, people talk trash.

I'm having a hard time understanding why some people feel this as so alien and strange. . :confused:

It's also a tactic, when people play angry they are more likely to make mistakes. Getting in your opponents head and playing mind games can help win matches. They are words or emotes just ignore them. If you respond you let them know they are getting to you and that's what they want. I don't want to quote Tyler the creator here but everyone knows the tweet and it very much applies here.

TableFancy
05-08-2017, 04:10 AM
It's also a tactic, when people play angry they are more likely to make mistakes. Getting in your opponents head and playing mind games can help win matches. They are words or emotes just ignore them. If you respond you let them know they are getting to you and that's what they want. I don't want to quote Tyler the creator here but everyone knows the tweet and it very much applies here.

Pretty sure the kind of toxicity people are talking about has no tactical value besides making people dislike the game.

Heck, even after the match is over they do it then leave. You better not claim they are just playing the long game.
Even if you are just trying to piss them off as a strategy, you are just abusing sociopathic behavior to your advantage. If you don't want to be fighting against opponents at their best in a game that is meant for fun, sportsmanship is pretty lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYXMwk6IWE

KiahsRevenge
05-08-2017, 04:39 AM
i agree! It does come with the territory of a fighting game. But it would be nice to implement some sort of rank for people like that

An idea. Implement a sort of reputation to every player. you fall under 3 categories, for example. (It can be however Ubisoft sees fit) Good, neutral and bad. Each categories of player would be connected with each other. Or something like that. Although outplaying the dirty ******s is a far better punishment. There will always be those people though. Rage quitting or 4 vs 1 emote spamming jack wagons.

Antonioj26
05-08-2017, 04:44 AM
Pretty sure the kind of toxicity people are talking about has no tactical value besides making people dislike the game.

Heck, even after the match is over they do it then leave. You better not claim they are just playing the long game.
Even if you are just trying to piss them off as a strategy, you are just abusing sociopathic behavior to your advantage. If you don't want to be fighting against opponents at their best in a game that is meant for fun, sportsmanship is pretty lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYXMwk6IWE

Trash talk is harmless, it's present in everything that is competitive whether it's video games, sports, business, whatever really in life that has two or more forces fighting eachother. People these days are way too sensitive, they are just words. Ignore it and move on. Calling trash talk sociopathic is hyperbole on the highest level. They aren't skinning cats, they are calling you a noob and spamming emotes.

kweassa1917
05-08-2017, 04:49 AM

Not according to Muhammad Ali, it ain't.

Obviously you've never seen how much real athletes really "talk" in the field, and why refs/umps are so keen to try and shut everyone up and constantly remind them "no talking." :D

In principle, you are correct. People should be nice and courteous to each other all the time, competitions are purely contest of good will, and people should be humble in victories and proud in losses. Except in real life, anyone's whose been to the local playground can see things are quite different from the ideal. Sometimes, it's a matter of "boys will be boys".

CoyoteXStarrk
05-08-2017, 06:38 AM
I just played over 20 duels...

20 duels...

20 duels...

duels

See there is your answer.

Duel mode is where the smuggest, most tryhard, and most self absorbed players go to feel good about themselves. Just like how in CoD the tryhard players go play Search and Destroy. Its the most pressure and its the most skill based (Usually) mode.

BUT

Its also where the trolls, exploiters, and braggers go.

Duel is where people go to feel good about themselves and will use whatever cheap exploits, ledge kills or spam that it takes to get the win and then pat themselves on the back thinking they are good at the game when in reality all they are good at is getting a kill and that is not the case. Kills/Wins =/= Skill

If you want a little bit more respectful action and a bit more Honor then you need to go to Brawl mode, because 90% of those players actually duel properly and play the game properly, but just like every other mode you will have your trolls who ledge throw or people who gang up on the last guy standing, but for the most part people tend to play properly.

kweassa1917
05-08-2017, 08:12 AM
See there is your answer.

Duel mode is where the smuggest, most tryhard, and most self absorbed players go to feel good about themselves. Just like how in CoD the tryhard players go play Search and Destroy. Its the most pressure and its the most skill based (Usually) mode.

Yep.

It's the reason why in most games PvP modes that feature lot of people and team dynamics, with different objectives are always more popular than 1v1 duel modes -- just like how Dominion is immensely more popular than 1v1s in FH.

When more people are involved in the dynamics, the individual requirement for contribution to win the game also become lower, and there are more possibilities that a skilled player will to offset the shortcoming of a unskilled player. Also, a variety of different objectives offer ways to contribute and win the game without necessaril having to conront your enemies directly. Simply put, a team-mode with more players and different objectives spreads around the responsibilities and tends to make things less personal.

In a 1v1 duel, not so. Duels are "personal" to the core. There's no different way of winning, and every duel match is a constant reminder of whether you are better than that guy or not... and losing in duels usually have heavier impact to one's psyche than losing a team mode game. This is the reason why a good, coherent team-mode game with a wide variety of things to do, is usually much more popular with casual gamers -- who might enjoy bits of the game, but aren't confident enough to continuously expose themselves into 1v1 confrontations, and the "up close and personal" nature of 1v1 dueling.

Generally, when you want to recommend a PvP game to someone who is a casual player, then you start out by recommending objective-driven team modes, rather than player-killing duel modes.