PDA

View Full Version : Haven't played online in a month so I may be wrong...

Spectre_198
05-07-2017, 12:08 PM
..but did Kensei get the shaft? I haven't been able to play since my school didn't support the UPnP system so you could argue I might be a bit rusty, but when I played kensei last I dominated the playing field. Orochis couldn't hold a candle to me, neither raiders nor wardens could either. Now though, the first time I played kensei I got dogged by a warden, a valk and a pk. Even other high level Kensei were getting dragged by other warriors who used to be almost too easy to beat with Kensei. Just the other day I beat a reputation 5 Kensei with my level 5 Warden.

Im not trying to sound narcissistic or sound like a braggart; Im simply unaware of the new meta in the game and I can't pick it up from the gameplay. so if anyone could enlighten me that'd be appreciated (try to be honest and unbiased)

Its almost odd how fast everyone all of a sudden became good.One week i felt likeI was on of the few who always parried but now its a common occurrence, even in low level characters and players. The meta is still hard to read being completely honest but I can honestly say the skill trend is almost completely vertical if my observations are right. and sadly for new players I think this game is getting into dark souls territory difficulty wise; the learning curve is huge. In other words this is no longer a game anyone can just pick up

MisterGuyMan
05-08-2017, 04:05 PM
The defensive meta has fully crystallized and anything Kensei can do to initiate can be easily blocked. A lot of classes can also do a Zone Attack in his unlockable. This will either parry it or zone attack if the unlockable is fainted. On top of that, the easy kills have all migrated elsewhere. On PC I play the same people on duels and there's not a lot of easy wins anymore.

Spectre_198
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, I noticed what you said about Kenseis' unblockable as well; I was really confused when a peacekeeper parried it. Also noticed in group fights kensei dominates but when its straight 1v1 (especially against shields or orochis) its a struggle to win.

DrinkinMyStella
05-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Im lay kensei a lot and they gave him a slight buff but then again the competition in the last month or 2 has increased massively, everyone understands how to play.

MisterGuyMan
05-09-2017, 12:49 PM
It might make it easier to know that I only play Orochi and have never stopped playing even since the first beta. There was what seems like two week window where everyone just got good. One week I was dashing and Stormrushing around in a Hyper aggressive style. Then everyone blocked everything. Then the next week those blocks turned into parries and everyone could CGB. It took me a while to unlearn all my 'bad' offensive habits and convert to a more defensive Orochi.

The meta evolved that fast.

Spectre_198
05-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Thats what I was thinking, i used to be able to just pick up a controller and play well but now the games really changed. People who used to play shugokis were easy kills but just the other day i got rocked by one. Crazy how everyone just improved over night

Spectre_198
05-09-2017, 03:00 PM
I've definitely seen an improvement in orochis; it used to be that their were a handful of really good ones and dozens of easy kills but so far I've seen way to many good ones and even some pro league skilled players and even fewer bad ones. Don't get me started on berserkers either; they have always been good but some of these guys have been god-like in dominion games

DrinkinMyStella
05-09-2017, 04:05 PM
people can counter GB like its nothing, and everyone has had a lot of time perfecting their main. i never used to be worried about shugoki, berzerker, PK, even warden but now a good player can counter everything and rock you.

Spectre_198
05-09-2017, 07:08 PM
agreed and I'm not used to the CGB actually working so I almost always miss it. An annoying *** trend going on right now is orochi using GB to Top heavy after a dodge slash. 4 games in a row all 4 times orochi used the strat