PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi better say "Believe it!" in Japanese during his specials or I will be mad

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 08:50 AM
You have a golden opportunity Ubi. Don't mess this up. Make him a true weeb.

https://media.giphy.com/media/BHKpXZnLkYFYk/giphy.gif

matt89connor
05-05-2017, 09:15 AM
i hope he's not become another spam light's ATT XD

Herbstlicht
05-05-2017, 09:28 AM
忍びは「信じる」と言うでしょうか?
Or different: shall he say "shinjiru", or what do you consider "weeb"? I have some grasp on the japanese language, but can't tell what might put any words into any corner. Anyway, i guess shinjiru is the most common used word in this context, so it might be what you refer to. Anyway, all the samurai heros use their japanese language along the way, like knights and vikings use theirs. Honestly like it.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 09:29 AM
忍は「信じる」と言うでしょうか?
Or different: shall he say "shinjiru", or what do you consider "weeb"? I have some grasp on the japanese language, but can't tell what might put any words into any corner. Anyway, i guess shinjiru is the most common used word in this context, so it might be what you refer to. Anyway, all the samurai heros use their japanese language along the way, like knights and vikings use theirs. Honestly like it.

I was just trying to make a Naruto joke man. :(

Herbstlicht
05-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Damn it .. i don't know Naruto -.-

Ah, I am really too far removed from all this weeb culture. Though i even watched the occasional Anime due to language learning. Anyway, good thing though: I like the art style, i know a lot of kinda nerdy and weird person, but all those guys are kinda amazing. So guess I am the last to judge anyone negatively. Honestly, i would be happy if some more Japanese shows were more to my liking. Native language stuff once helped me so incredibly when it comes to English, but there are so many good shows to watch that come from the Americans ...

Ah well. Would it take much to explain the Naruto joke :3 Or wouldn't it be funny any longer?

Halvtand
05-05-2017, 09:43 AM
If this is the case. Orochi and Kensei should get some lines with the ending -gozaru (spelling uncertain) which is very associated with the samurai-culture.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Damn it .. i don't know Naruto -.-

Ah, I am really too far removed from all this weeb culture. Though i even watched the occasional Anime due to language learning. Anyway, good thing though: I like the art style, i know a lot of kinda nerdy and weird person, but all those guys are kinda amazing. So guess I am the last to judge anyone negatively. Honestly, i would be happy if some more Japanese shows were more to my liking. Native language stuff once helped me so incredibly when it comes to English, but there are so many good shows to watch that come from the Americans ...

Ah well. Would it take much to explain the Naruto joke :3 Or wouldn't it be funny any longer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCOY-oh0QM

(its like Narutos catchphrase from the Anime and he is a Ninja AKA a Shinobi)

Herbstlicht
05-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Erm .. maybe i get you now xD Oh my gosh, is see next level of individualization are individual voice overs. That "believe it" would indeed be hilarous. Though .. i dunno if i could like it. Guess the guy in the end of the vid did sum up my opionion a little ^^

Egotistic_Ez
05-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Good ol' naruto. Proof kids will watch anything.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Good ol' naruto. Proof kids will watch anything.

Hey thats my childhood you are talking about there.
http://ttb.t2b.click/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/student-money-saver-check-yourself-before-you-wreck-yourself.gif

mathi4s
05-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Actually he should say "DATTEBAYO!".
Because that's what Naruto is saying in the original Japanese version and well all the samurai characters are talking in their native languages as far as I know.

Egotistic_Ez
05-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Hey thats my childhood you are talking about there.

My condolences.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 02:09 PM
My condolences.

Naruto was cool as hell in my school when the Manga first cam out.
https://m.popkey.co/5d7037/e0LD6.gif

DrExtrem
05-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill are my childhood.

I win. :>

bmason1000
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Listen, listen, guys...anime is terrible. And I'm very sorry you had to grow up in a time where naruto was your best option. Its not your fault, and i forgive you.

berserker7331
05-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Naruto was cool as hell in my school when the Manga first cam out.
https://m.popkey.co/5d7037/e0LD6.gif

I didnt know you're a kid, i thought you were a grumpy old man.

MisterGuyMan
05-05-2017, 04:50 PM
If this is a Naruto reference... please no. As a guy that grew up liking all things Ninja, I can't stand Naruto becuase it's the exact opposite of what Ninja are.

berserker7331
05-05-2017, 04:52 PM
try watching true ninja anime like ninja scroll or basilisk

MisterGuyMan
05-05-2017, 05:11 PM
try watching true ninja anime like ninja scroll or basilisk
I loved Ninja Scroll. Basilisk is just too out there and I couldn't get far with it. I actually had a discussion about who the most Ninja character in anime was and after some thought my answer is this guy from Princess Mononoke:
http://www.absoluteanime.com/princess_mononoke/jigo.jpg
Here's why:
1. He's all substance and no style. There's no glory for him. If all goes well you'll never even suspect what he is outside of his identity as a merchant.
2. He has an obvious cover and appears like a generic merchant for the entire movie and you only realize he's an agile badass at the end when he finally reveals himself to complete his mission.
2. He's small and easy to overlook. Real Ninja were actually small so they could squeeze in tight spaces and hide easily.
3. He never says he's a Ninja. You just learn he's covertly on a mission from the Emperor.
Yeah to me that's why Ninja are badass. It's all about the mission not about being cool.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-06-2017, 07:03 AM
I didnt know you're a kid, i thought you were a grumpy old man.

I'm a 25 year old lol

bmason1000
05-06-2017, 07:15 AM
I'm a 25 year old lol

Hey now...there's nothing wrong with being a grumpy old man. Its pretty great, actually. We weren't subjected to naruto hahaha

Sincerity117
05-06-2017, 07:31 AM
I'm sorry growing up on cowboy bepob and Akira and outlaw star...... Naruto is absolute ****. The only thing that comes close is death note and attack on titan

CoyoteXStarrk
05-06-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry growing up on cowboy bepob and Akira and outlaw star...... Naruto is absolute ****. The only thing that comes close is death note and attack on titan

Wait are you saying Attack on Titan is bad?

bmason1000
05-06-2017, 06:27 PM

Cowboy bebop and akira are absolutely incredible, and for the most part i really really dislike anime. Death note is horrible and so is attack on titan.

Since there are anime I've enjoyed, I'm willing to try things out that are suggested to me. Death note though... that was unbearable. Akira on the other hand, is on a whole other level. I'm still loyal to that 90's dub though haha, where they mispronounced everyone's names?

bmason1000
05-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Ahem. Got side tracked. I'm with the other guy, attack on titan is awful.

razabak10mm
05-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Forget all the anime crap. They're just going to have him recite all the daily Chinese spam on the message board.

UbiNoty
05-07-2017, 01:30 AM
I'll make sure the team is aware that this is of the most critical importance to make shinobi release ready. ;p

bmason1000
05-07-2017, 01:35 AM
I'll make sure the team is aware that this is of the most critical importance to make shinobi release ready. ;p

Haha you guys are good sports

SendRickPics
05-07-2017, 03:06 AM

No, what's of critical importance is that the Centurion shouts "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1ylg4GKv8

CoyoteXStarrk
05-07-2017, 07:29 AM

I appreciate that.

While you are at it can you ban those heretics?

Saying Attack on Titan is bad is clearly a bannable offense.

bmason1000
05-07-2017, 08:01 AM
I appreciate that.

While you are at it can you ban those heretics?

Argumentum ad deeznuts, that is an anime fallacy haha

Egotistic_Ez
05-07-2017, 08:01 AM

A month ago I would've agreed, but this season is pretty **** tbh.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Argumentum ad deeznuts, that is an anime fallacy haha

A month ago I would've agreed, but this season is pretty **** tbh.

Idc about this season.

Attack on Titan season one is one of the best debut Anime seasons ever. There is no argument to made against that. If you disagree you simply have bad taste and I am sorry for that.

You also are in the VERY small minority of people who didn't like it

https://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2019, 11:17 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/034e7f9bd0df198f758dad87858b0004/tenor.gif?itemid=9228837

PepsiBeastin
04-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Naruto is objectively hot horse crap.

UbiInsulin
04-28-2019, 08:56 PM
What a great necro by the spambot there. Regretfully, I must close this thread as it is old enough that its parents are probably looking for a good preschool.