PDA

View Full Version : LAWBRINGER is considered by community to be the weakest champion . Do they need buff?

messyman1
05-05-2017, 07:39 AM
I for one love LB's so much that he's rep 27. I know people feel that the 50/50 shove and the The long arm move (when they flip you) is hated by lot's of people. But It's highly Predictable and VERY punishable. Let's be honest OTHER classes have moves that we all HATE and that are less predicable. I'm sure you guys can name other classes cheesy moves. The LB lacks speed,defense,Stamina and not only that but their unblock-able/Heavy's are very slow... I cant tell you how paranoid im am when i use it against a good player cuz the parry kills the LB's stamina. Yet I see people complain about them and wanting to nerf them? what's going to happen when the new classes come out?

Be Honest please LB's need a buff. :)

also please voice how you feel. Be nice try to understand each other

Thank you :o

p.s LB's are life :cool:

Egotistic_Ez
05-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Sorry mate, but since the buff LBs are nowhere near the weakest class.

My.Insanity
05-05-2017, 07:48 AM
*facepalm*

kweassa1917
05-05-2017, 08:23 AM
They were never "weak" to begin with, at least not since around weeks after launch.

It's just a whiney picture the Lawb players painted during the times where most people still didn't understand the basic mechanics, tendencies of the game yet, and a meta still did not rise. After some time, people finally started to understand the guy with the bad-arse poleaxe wasn't a "crushing bruiser" type, but rather a defense-inclined "petty poker" type in fighting games, and things picked on.

Lawbs were never "OP", so to speak, as some 3~4 classes that people consider to be ... but they were never weak either.

They;ve always been around mid~uppermid tier.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Is OP high? lol

The Lawdaddy JUST got a buff and he is FINALLY balanced.

Tyrjo
05-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Is this OP two months old?

LB got buffed recently and you didn't notice it? In that case it must be something with how you play him. :)

matt89connor
05-05-2017, 08:36 AM
so now LB, he's become the Law SPAMMER or Spam Bringer, thnks the buff...and now you desire another buff? and after? hypearmor with every attack? superior block? XD......c'mon!!!! it was good but hard to use before the buff, now is very hard to match XD

Antonioj26
05-05-2017, 07:10 PM
They were never "weak" to begin with, at least not since around weeks after launch.

It's just a whiney picture the Lawb players painted during the times where most people still didn't understand the basic mechanics, tendencies of the game yet, and a meta still did not rise. After some time, people finally started to understand the guy with the bad-arse poleaxe wasn't a "crushing bruiser" type, but rather a defense-inclined "petty poker" type in fighting games, and things picked on.

Lawbs were never "OP", so to speak, as some 3~4 classes that people consider to be ... but they were never weak either.

I disagree with him being midtier before but I'd say he's about there now. He had the slowest attacks and pretty low damage especially when you consider how slow he was. No good openers, bad mobility, slow guard stance, and no mix ups. He was one of the characters I played as prebuff and I had to feint half a dozen times just to get a single light in if my opponent was half decent.

If he wasn't the bottom of the barrell then I don't know who was. I personally did better with kensei, raider, and orochi. I've never played as zerk and have little play time with nobushi but I can see myself being more successful with them if I gave them a shot than with Lb. You are right about him being defense inclined, his parries could lead to high damage but his slow guard stance made missing parries a huge problem. I feels he's in a good place, he's still lower than warlord, warden, pk, shug, and valk.

slasht14
05-05-2017, 08:22 PM
The only thing LB needs right now is the guard stance speed.The idea of LB is to punish with parry but with this stance speed the only thing he punish is himself!

TheMalakith
05-05-2017, 08:34 PM

LB wasn't good at all pre buff. He has one of the worst stamina of all, second lowest damage, slow guard speed, slow attacks, and pretty much no opener. He was a noob stomper, that's about it. Now you got some faster follow-ups to surprise people a bit sometimes, and finally some good damage for attacks that are so slow. Now he's quite okay.

JibletHunter
05-05-2017, 09:18 PM
LB wasn't good at all pre buff. He has one of the worst stamina of all, second lowest damage, slow guard speed, slow attacks, and pretty much no opener. He was a noob stomper, that's about it. Now you got some faster follow-ups to surprise people a bit sometimes, and finally some good damage for attacks that are so slow. Now he's quite okay.

Nobushi has a lower stamina pool, higher stamina costs on ALL associated moves, and lower base damage (without bleed passive being activated). He has 2 fast ublockables and 1 unblockable heavy. Nobushi has one slow unblockable with no ability to cancel/mixup. They have the same guard change speed, but nobushi has 65% of the total heal of the LB.

Please tell me again how you class was weak before the buff.

RatedChaotic
05-05-2017, 09:22 PM
The OP hasnt been back since he created this thread. I believe its safe to say.....You guys showed him that he needs to L2P.

FootlessRhino
05-05-2017, 09:45 PM
'LAWBRINGER is considered by community to be the weakest champion'. that's quite a statement there mate, could've at least added a question mark at the end, lol. I think I missed the elections for community representative, how long ago was it?

TheMalakith
05-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Nobushi has a lower stamina pool, higher stamina costs on ALL associated moves, and lower base damage (without bleed passive being activated). He has 2 fast ublockables and 1 unblockable heavy. Nobushi has one slow unblockable with no ability to cancel/mixup. They have the same guard change speed, but nobushi has 65% of the total heal of the LB.

Nobushi doesn't run out faster since her attacks cost less. LB's key moves (like spike charge) cost more than half his bar when you hit. On one bar of stamina LB can hit 20 lights, 10 heavies, or 12 hits from his combo. Nobushi can hit 19 lights (including the 3rd bleeding strike), 10 heavies, or 14 from her combo. So for normal attacks they are about the same except that Nobushi does more damage (pre patch).

Nobushi has range (LB doesn't even though his weapon is long), the bleeding stacks and is part of her attacks, so it should be counted along with base damage. If you mean the 2 shove variants, they did nothing against even half competent player, i had no guarenteed or fast follow-up, and the 1 unblockable heavy is easily dodged, parried, and is almost impossible to get off on a person that can parry or simply block (except on light parry, which also isn't guarenteed on every character, but that's about it).

And no, even after the buff Nobushi has a slightly higher avrg damage than the LB has (including bleed). Before the buff it was the lowest of all characters, including Conqueror(by a little). You also get a 20% damage buff against a bleeding opponent. HP difference is just 30 hp, so about one heavy or two lights (or 4 since LB did 8 damage on side lights pre buff instead of 15).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

All a LB could do was stomp noobs who can't block or parry, while Nobushi Isn't the best character either, she deff was better than the old LB.

Antonioj26
05-05-2017, 10:41 PM

Fast unblockables for who? A grandma? The shove after block is fast but at neutral is garbage. I'm not sure what unblockable heavy you are talking about. If you mean his parry then that will only land if it was a light parry and if you are talking about his chain then you would never get far enough in that chain against anyone with half a brain and even against idiots they could dodge it. Her damage, range, and speed was better than him prebuff. Don't get me wrong she still sucks but just because she sucks doesn't mean LB wasn't weak.