PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror issues

Mudflaaaps
05-05-2017, 01:54 AM
We all know the conqueror is a strong character, no-one is denying that.
He doesn't need a buff, he needs a rework.
Currently, he has a very limited set of moves.
Unfortunately, this leaves 99% of conqueror players leaning on the shove heavy shove combo. This shouldn't be allowed in more than a chain of 2 (like any stupid spam).
What's worse is, it's now extremely easy for experienced players to simply dodge this and get a free GB. So he's pretty useless right now.

Here's my suggested changes, as a conqueror hater AND player;

-Shoulder bash-heavy chain receives its original stamina cost (before nerf), but can now only be chained twice. Also unable to dodge quite so easily (again, pre patch).

-Heavy damage increased. His charge up is less powerful than a berzerkers top heavy...why? He's a heavy, PLUS its a charge up. it should be one of the strongest attacks in the game.

-Base light attack damage increase

-More light attack combos, not just left right left. This is predictable and pointlessly weak currently.

-Keep the guaranteed GB on a conquerors failed shoulder bash. This is fair.

These kinds of adjustments would increase his arsenal whilst keeping him a reasonably balanced character. Less spamming, more combos. Simple.

Lastly, please PLEASE tilt his shield away from his body slightly. So sick of seeing it clip through his shoulder pad and arm.

TheLastPandaa
05-05-2017, 01:59 AM
We all know the conqueror is a strong character, no-one is denying that.
He doesn't need a buff, he needs a rework.
Currently, he has a very limited set of moves.
Unfortunately, this leaves 99% of conqueror players leaning on the shove heavy shove combo. This shouldn't be allowed in more than a chain of 2 (like any stupid spam).
What's worse is, it's now extremely easy for experienced players to simply dodge this and get a free GB. So he's pretty useless right now.

Here's my suggested changes, as a conqueror hater AND player;

-Shoulder bash-heavy chain receives its original stamina cost (before nerf), but can now only be chained twice. Also unable to dodge quite so easily (again, pre patch).

-Heavy damage increased. His charge up is less powerful than a berzerkers top heavy...why? He's a heavy, PLUS its a charge up. it should be one of the strongest attacks in the game.

-Base light attack damage increase

-More light attack combos, not just left right left. This is predictable and pointlessly weak currently.

-Keep the guaranteed GB on a conquerors failed shoulder bash. This is fair.

These kinds of adjustments would increase his arsenal whilst keeping him a reasonably balanced character. Less spamming, more combos. Simple.

Lastly, please PLEASE tilt his shield away from his body slightly. So sick of seeing it clip through his shoulder pad and arm.

I denied. He is not strong (in fact he does the lowest dmg of the game with normal heavy and light atacks) and for sure he is not competitive anymore. BUT i agree with your main idea: HE REALLY NEEDS A TOTALL REWORK.

UbiNoty
05-05-2017, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. We've already passed along some of your thoughts on the current state of conqueror to the team, and while I can't say what their plans are for him at the moment - we're definitely very aware that we'll need to take another good look at him.

TheLastPandaa
05-05-2017, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. We've already passed along some of your thoughts on the current state of conqueror to the team, and while I can't say what their plans are for him at the moment - we're definitely very aware that we'll need to take another good look at him.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder241/500x/72561241/pursuit-of-happiness-will-celebration-this-part-of-my-life-this-little-part-is-called-happiness.jpg