PDA

View Full Version : Who is your main? Who do you have trouble against? (Ubisoft look here)

CoyoteXStarrk
05-04-2017, 11:22 AM
This is a serious thread that I feel could be useful for Ubisoft to get a feel of the players and the way they feel towards certain heroes.

Please take this seriously, because I feel like this kind of constructive feedback could be a gold mine for the Devs,

Just stick to the format please. Don't use this as your chance to rant about Revenge or how a certain class is OP. Just list your reasons why and leave it at that. The longer the post and the more hateful the post the less likely they are to take this seriously.

FORMAT

I am a *Insert hero here* main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with *insert hero here*

- Reason why

- Reason why

- Reason why

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *insert hero here*

- Reason why

- Reason why

- Reason why

3) My class could be improved by *INSERT A SINGLE REASON HERE PLEASE DON'T MAKE AN ESSAY*

I am gonna be the first post so I apologize for the double post Mods, but I wanna keep the OP short (relatively) and sweet.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-04-2017, 11:31 AM
I am a Beserker main

1) The Hero I have the most trouble killing is the Conqueror

- His default block = parry mechanic makes life MISERABLE for me and my heavy combos

- The fact his block = parry means that my spin to win is borderline useless because its so telegraphed.

- Most of my openers are easy to spot and memorize. It makes a good conqueror a pain in my backside.

2) The Hero I have the most trouble defending against is the Kensei

- His excessive range during his dodge R1 means that if we both do it at the same time I will miss and he will hit

- Since all my openers are widely known its easy to parry + GB and the Kensei on the GB is devastating

3) I feel like the Beserker class could be improved by having a better Zone Attack.

Our Zone attack doesn't do NEARLY the damage as others and since there is no mix-up in the timing we are easily blocked when we use it.

Mia.Nora
05-04-2017, 11:55 AM
I am a Peacekeeper main

1) The Hero I have the most trouble killing is the Kensei in 1v2 situations

- His swings are too deep and wide, no dodge can avoid his attacks and as PK my defense/counter attack heavily relies on being able to dodge with correct time.

- Parry is the only way to punish his attacks, his attacks still connect through dodge, and deflect is very weak as he can move onto his next light instead where he still hits. Problem is that if I parry him I am wide open to take hits from the other guy.

1) The Hero I have the most trouble defending against is the Berserker

- Blocks are not reliably working especially vs Berserkers with bad connections. Even if they work they dont stop his combo.

- Deflect is completely useless since he has superarmor, so if I deflect and riposte both he and I take damage but only I stagger and he keeps his combo.

- He can dodge+LA around my dodge+LA, so I cant use dodge as a counterattack either

- I cant poke stop his attack either due to superarmor

- Only option to stop his combo is parry, nothing else works.

3) I feel like the Peacekeeper class could be improved by changing the way HA cancel into LA.

Right now it is worthless and just a waste of stamina. Making it unblockable and reducing its damage significantly would make it a meaningful opener with heavy stamina cost; and provide a good alternative to spamming lights/ZA for opening up which everyone complains.

Hormly
05-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Warlord here, only guys who give me trouble are vortexing knight, warden being the worst.

SerArthur-Dayne
05-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Warden main here

1) Hero I have trouble with 1v1 is Warlord (and once in a blue moon a PK only when connection is bad)

-- A good/ average Warlord needs only one parry to win. Parry, then get snow ploughed acoss the map off a ledge. Honestly feel it should be like Raiders throw or something.
-- Feels like he has it all, and dosent really throw out any parryable moves.
-- Health just seems too much on some of them. Combined with Wardens small stamina pool when doing feint/ gb/ heavy mixups, It takes forever to kill them even if youre steamrolling them.

2) When im trying to defend myself, I have the most trouble with: Disabler moves.

-- I think the design choice to have heroes in the game with these disabler moves is horrid, and if I could change only one thing about the game, ever, I would remove them (the disabler move) entirely and replace them with other attacks inline with the rest of the roster. Specifically Shugos hug, lawbringers pole flip, and Valks bash spam.

-- My current experience of dominion/ 4v4 modes has essentially boiled down to these 3 moves being spammed to no end, then getting ********ed often from full health + full revenge + full defensive gear gear in one single swoop, or getting locked into two of these heroes spamming these moves, which entirely bypasses the combat system as you 100% cannot escape, cant defend, and definately cant attack. All other heroes are fine in 1vX, even warden, conq, raider charge etc.. As you feel like you have a chance, and can avoid it/ punish it.

--If it dosent get changed, my only hope is that they never release another "disabler" hero for the life of this game.

My class could be improved by:

--Removing the GB feint to light attack.

--Removing the top light feint to dodge ( I think?).

Saw these in true talents vid when he was getting slapped pink by a warden, and these moves looked broken.

RatedChaotic
05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Adding the platform you play on will help them aswell. I'm sure we can agree that the consoles and pc versions are not mirror images.

Kalsiner
05-04-2017, 01:07 PM
I am a Warden main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Conqueror

- Armored turtle.

- Shoulder-Bash is useless as opening since he dodge + Shiel Bash (sometimes Shoulder Bash cancel + zone can hit).

- He's passives are really annoying (Shield Basher does too much damages and Heal on Block)

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Shugoki

- I have a hard time to deal with slow attack

- Demon embrace

- While its super armor take a hit, he can hit freely

3) My class could be improved by nothing it is good like that

dj.unam
05-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I am an Orochi main.

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Conqueror/Warlord

- I don't have an efficiant move to open up a good Turtle with decent reactions.

- Every Missplay I do (f.e. Blocked Hit, missed hit, missed dodge) gives them an immediate counterpossibility, that I'm not able to avoid or counter myself.

- If Im able to open them Up once (with feints or smth.) ill do literally no dmg to them and after first opener, they know my pattern due to my limited moveset.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Valkyrie/Lawbringer

- Due to the reaction block it is nearly impossible to not get hit by their moveset.

- If you get hit once your stuck in a Vortex that is almost unavoidable (PS4)

3) My class could be improved by 60fps on console/reduce deadzone on controllers/change the hit indicator timing on console

Great Post btw.

My.Insanity
05-04-2017, 02:48 PM
I am a Warlord main (but hes fine) so im talking about my second Main Valkyrie =)

1) The Hero I have the most trouble killing is the Conqueror

- His default block is killing any combo i try

- His Shieldbash drains Stamina which can be realy annoying if you are exhausted

- All of my openers can be easy punished by a simple block (from each Hero) with a free GB

2) The Hero I have the most trouble defending against is the Shugoki

- His Superarmor makes it hard to start any combo without getting GB.

- With the low dmg on Valk its hard work to take down any Heavy Hero.. but if you make 1 or 2 mistakes you are dead.

- His feat which makes it nearly impossible for him to fall down is completly killing my 50/50 sweep combo (cuz he wont fall from sweep)

3) I feel like the Valkyrie class could be improved by having a better Recoverytime on her opening attacks.

Hunter's Strike and Pouncing Thrust are very well telegraphed and can be punished way to hard (any free GB can lead to instant kill by enviornment)

WoodDaGawd
05-04-2017, 02:50 PM
I am a Raider main on PS4

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with *N/A*

- No problems here

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *Orochi & Nobushi*

- Hard to block because they are very fast. Their light attacks come in before the guard can go up. And don't even try to parry.

3) My class could be improved by *Raider needs another move or two. Another move to close the distance during a fight. In comparison to Lawbringer's moveset, Raider is lacking a bit. Maybe add a light combo?*

Also this is a great thread. No crying. No ranting about nerfs or buffs. No one is demanding their class be changed. Just constructive feedback and suggestions.

Egotistic_Ez
05-04-2017, 03:44 PM
I am a Raider, legendary main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with no class in particular.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Peacekeeper and Valkyrie.

The reason? Simple. I play on console. Raider guard changes VS fast lights is hell.

3) My class could be improved by three things;
a) Normalising stance change speed;
b) Balancing the game with consoles in mind and;
c) Fixing the follow-ups I can do from guard breaks since I get essentially nothing unless I spend half my stamina bar or happen to be near a wall.

Halvtand
05-04-2017, 04:02 PM
I am a Warlord PC main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Nobushi

- Distance. WL has pretty limited range and as long as the Nobushi can keep backing away there is not much that can be done to close the gap except for the very parryable dash-HA.

- Speed. Nobushi is a pretty fast hero and WL a pretty slow one, in an open fight Nobushi has the advantage.

- Direction. Many of Nobushi's moves works in a straight line between her and the opponent. As WL doesn't have any sidestep-attacks and his only real distance-closers all work in a straight line as well the advantage in speed works to her advantage.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Valkyrie

- Speed and distance. Same as above, Valk is faster and has longer range than the WL, her light combo is fast enough to almost impossible for me to block if the first one hits.

- Disruptor. Valk can get someone on the ground, and keep the poor sod there with well-timed combos. Her attacks does enough damage to make sure even a fully defensive WL will die or at least lose almost all health before the Valk's stamina runs out if done correctly.

- Defence. Not only can Valk hurt a lot and be hard to defend against, her own defenses are almost as tough as WL's. If she decides to play safe, she's a fortress.

3) My class could be improved by any kind of offensive move after a dash to keep up with the lighter classes that likes to dash-attack all day long. Other than that WL is pretty much equipped to deal with the heroes available at this point.

Lyskir
05-04-2017, 04:19 PM
1) Raider Main

- When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Turtle Warlords /Congs

cuz raiders slow *** and pedictable attacks

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *PK, Nobushi"

- slow *** guard change speed vs light spam = rip

- Valk is not a problem i can parry her sec light

3) My class could be improved by GUARD CHANGE SPEED INCREASE UBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII even that is not enough

Dude_of_Valor
05-04-2017, 04:26 PM
I am a Warden main (Xbox). I play mostly 1v1

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Nobushi

- Struggle to close the distance on them without taking hits that cause DoT

- When I parry they are usually to far away to punish outside of a zone attack

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Lawbringer

- Block into shove into something punishes my stamina so much.

- Feel I will have to turtle against them in order to win (I am fine with this, but it does make for a long..long game and people describe this as borring).

3) My class could be improved by:

- Extend the duration one has to cancel GB (for all class on console only)

- Long range classes have a slightly longer recovery time when heavy attack is parried (enough so one can get in close but not to get a free hit or GB i.e. one can close the distance but attacks/GB can still be dealt with).

RaptorPetingZoo
05-04-2017, 04:43 PM
I am a Shugoki main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Zerker

- Cant deal with the feints

- he dodges all of my swings like a bad ***

- every time i do something i get punished by a parry or dodge

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Nabutchi (Poke Girl)

- Light attacks

- light attacks with poison

- light attack spam with kick

3) My class could be improved by Being able to tank more damage, his moves are all fine but after his armor is gone hes basically a fat assassin in terms of HP, so hes really weak to light spam :c:(

DrinkinMyStella
05-04-2017, 05:07 PM
I am a Valk main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Shugo

- His Heavy cannot be interrupted

- Demons embrace is a noobs last stand

- my shield tackle doesn't down him and he hits through it

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Berzerker

- His infinite attacks

- quick dodge attacks

- super powerful top heavy

3) My class could be improved by more dmg per attack especially heavy.

The_B0G_
05-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Lawbringer main here, ps4.

1. I have the most trouble killing Conqs.

- They usually just turtle, I hardly ever lose the fights against them, but they take so long to kill that teammates usually show up to help before you can finish him alone. Without shield bash spam they are too easily defended against so they are no threat 1v1, just hard to kill.

2. While trying to defend I have the most trouble with the Valk, PK a close second.

- If you don't block the first strike from the Valk the LB can get stuck in the knock down vortex, two unblockable knock downs is hard to deal with when your dodge isn't great and your guard stance is slow.

- PK is hard to deal with only because of light spam, people that are good at it can be very difficult to stop with LB due to his slow guard stance.

3. Lawbringer just got a huge buff so theres nothing he really needs, I'd gladly trade the shove+light spam for faster guard stance though.

RenfieldX
05-04-2017, 05:58 PM
I am a Nobushi main on PS4

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Conqueror/Warlord

- No good way to open up a turtle, just GB and kick. Kick is slow and easily dodged and punished. GB on Noboshi requires very close range, negating my range advantage and is generally a waste of time against turtles as they're typically very good at counter GB.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Berserker/Peacekeeper

- Nobushi's slow guard change speed makes it difficult to deal with light attack spam with quick direction changes..

3) My class could be improved by normalizing guard change speeds (which would also help Raider and Lawbringer) and perhaps slightly increasing the speed of kick. Reducing the stamina cost of hidden stance would be nice too.

xLeapingLizardx
05-04-2017, 07:35 PM
I am a Lawbringer main and I play on Xbox

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with: I'll go with Warlord & PK (I don't play against many turtle conqs)

- Warlord: He is just so super tanky. A really good warlord is just generally difficult to break through with the LB.

- Peacekeeper: One reason is because they dodge around so much It gets difficult to try and close distance when I want to instead of when they want me to. Probably the bigger reason is because they always run away when they are loosing, and I have low sprint speed for my gear while they are the fastest character in the game.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with PK & Nobushi (Valk is close in there too)

- Peacekeeper: For the one reason why anyone has trouble with a PK, the light attack spam. LB of course has a slower guard change speed so it's almost a guessing game of where I think they will hit next.

- Nobushi: Generally this might be a "me" problem for the moment, I just generally have trouble when against Nobushi's. The range she has is hard to get by. She also has some pretty fast attacks so the slower guard speed once again effects me.

3) My class could be improved by making his guard speed uniform with everyone else's. As "The _BOG_" has said, I would not mind trading the light after shove for uniform guard change speed. I miss being able to respond to people saying "the LB spams shove" with "oh you mean the shove that has 0 guaranteed follow-ups"... I can no longer say that.
Or for a middle ground have the light be after the dash shove instead of on the block shove.

UbiNoty
05-04-2017, 11:18 PM
I really, really love the set-up you've put into place here.
While debates and long discussion posts are insightful, it can be very easy to lose focus on what you all consider to be the biggest pain points - and those are the things we should be focusing on first instead of getting lost in the the little things.

Thank you all - I'm going to put a gold star next to this when I bring it to the devs :D, because I truly appreciate the effort you all are taking to communicate with us your biggest concerns and issues.
We still love all your in-depth write ups! But we like these kinds of things too :p

Helnekromancer
05-05-2017, 02:28 AM
I am a Nobushi main - Xbox

1. When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with: Warlord

-Warlord: A giant turtle,only uses unblockables to sneak in hits, (headbutt/running shield push). I can kill him but it takes so long by the time i get him to his last health bar his back up comes, and don't get me started when he gets revenge mode.

2. When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with: Lawbringer/Warden

- Both these Knights have a crushing counter, making it so i have only 2 viable angles to attack, my weapon gives off a huge notification of where I'm going to attac unless i use a zone attack or heavy.

Warden - I have to constantly predict correctly of his 50/50 one or two bad predictions and I'm half health.

Lawbringer - Because of his recent buffs i can't risk miss timing a parry and blocking will not let me get in dmg, so I have to rely on dodging his shove unblockable horizontal/vertical swing and some of his top lights. Out of all the Heroes i fight, Lawbringer is the one i have to use dodge the most on to beat.

3. My class could be improved by increasing her overall stamina or reduce the stamina cost for using her Zone Attack and Side winder Form

I'm fine with having a slower guard stance then everyone else, I have learned to work around that and the fact that my unblockable can be easily avoided and punished but I can't stand is how little offensive i can be because i'm held back by my stamina bar. Can never fully punish an enemy shifting the match into my favor,only to fight in short concentrated bursts giving my opponent time to compose themselves.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-05-2017, 02:37 AM
I really, really love the set-up you've put into place here.
While debates and long discussion posts are insightful, it can be very easy to lose focus on what you all consider to be the biggest pain points - and those are the things we should be focusing on first instead of getting lost in the the little things.

Thank you all - I'm going to put a gold star next to this when I bring it to the devs :D, because I truly appreciate the effort you all are taking to communicate with us your biggest concerns and issues.
We still love all your in-depth write ups! But we like these kinds of things too :p

Thanks!

Honestly the idea came to me when some guy sent me a rage message last night complaining that as a Nobushi the Beserker (my main) was his worst match-up because his block speed was so slow and then commented how he preferred fighting Shugoki.

Then it hit me that you guys would probably get more use out of a I am this, I like this and have trouble with this kind of format rather than looking through 6 different threads for 6 different issues.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Sorry for the double post but I wanna add my feels about my Shugoki

1) I have the most trouble killing the Beserker/Orochi

- Their spin to win easily gets the away from my grab and my heavies

- Their R1s are quick enough to interrupt pretty much everything I do

- Their ability to change direction is quicker than I can block

2) I have the most trouble defending myself against is the Beserker/Orochi

- Literally the same EXACT reasons as number 1 lol

3) The thing that would help Shugoki the most is the ability to block faster. Because anyone with any amount of speed can smack me faster than I can move my block

matt89connor
05-06-2017, 08:06 AM
main warlord PC
TRUBLE
i have problem vs players who parry even JESUS CRIST itself XD
HARD TO DEFEND
vs SPAMBRINGER is hard to defend when he spam his dash,
HELP WARLORD
warlod it's ok no need help but i have to say: GIVE TO RIDER a few moves or a speed cancel zone for a suprise GB :)

Moondyne_MC
05-06-2017, 12:39 PM
I am a Nobushi main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with: Lately, the Lawbringer.

Most I come up against have great reflexes and can block all my openers, and punish me for trying as I find it very difficult to ever dodge their shoves

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with PK/Valk

Both can simply light spam me to death and I can't keep up. When I play other characters I can even parry lights fairly reliably, but I can't even reliably block PK/Valk lights with my Nobu.

Valk can also trap me in endless shove loops as my dodge is usually to poor to actually dodge her shoves.

3) My class could be improved by: improving guard switch time and dodge effectiveness.

DK REVOLUTIONZZ
05-06-2017, 01:30 PM
I am a Lawbringer main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Shugoki

- His uninterruptable stance is annoying as he can take anything I give him and punish me for it.

- His demon's embrace restores a lot of health and does a lot of damage too.

- His GB then heavy swing sends me soooooo far and gives him time to get his uninterruptable stance back.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Warden

- His shoulder bash feint means I am always second guessing myself.

- His shoulder bash cancel into GB means its a 50/50 situation.

- His zone attack is way too fast.

3) My class could be improved by making the light after a shove completely guaranteed so people can't dodge or block the light at all.

Thank you

Haemmerst0rm
05-06-2017, 03:33 PM
I am a warlord main.

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with *warden*
I have problems with killing wardens. Wardens has a too powerful vortex and i literally can't do any ****. Warden guardbreak ouf of shoulderbash is ridiculous too OP. THis was removed on warlord and valkyrie so i wonder: why not warden too? This vortex isnt enjoyable!

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *orochi*

His cheesing tactic: spamming top light attacks and zone attack. Those are really too fast which makes this cheesing. This isnt fun, in combination of flickering! Nerf orochi top and za.

3) My class could be improved by nothing.

Warlord could maybe get a sidestep stab or a shield stun. But again: warlord has the best tools already.

TheLastPandaa
05-06-2017, 03:47 PM
What a great post! :D

Playing as a CONQUEROR (R10)

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with *PK*

- You can not fight a PK that does not want to fight you, especially with such a slow chararacter as conqueror.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *VALK*

- She switch the direction of her atacks faster than i can switch the guard.

- Fullblock takes too much stamina. Most of the times if i use it i cant atack later.

- Her mixups and 50/50.

Here are some ideas for a remake:
- Keep the speed of all my starting atacks as it is now, but increase the speed of the following ones.
- Make that if you block my light atacks you stop my combo (like happens with valk)
- Make all my atacks unparriable because it has no sense with a chain weapon.
- Increase only a bit the dmg of my light atacks but reduce a little the speed of the first hit and keep the speed of the following ones as it is now.
- Increase alot the stamina cost of my SB so i can only do it 2 times in a row.
- Reduce a bit the time to charge my SB and let it as the WL Headbutt.
- Take away the granted GB after blocking a heavy and give me only a granted light atack but with the posibility to chain a combo.
- Give me hyper armour on the second swing of my heavy atack but give to my oponent a granted light if i miss it (not if im blocked, only if i do not hit anything) so he can punish me.
- Give some more new moves, combos and mixups.

#SaveTheConqueror.
#DeusVult.

CandleInTheDark
05-06-2017, 05:03 PM
I am going to preface this with I did this more for the last question than the first two.

I am a Peacekeeper main on xbox

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Warden

- Crushing counterstrike makes me very wary about my main distance closer

- I have to watch his dodges as much as my own

- Before the nerf I would have said his shoudler bash but I feel that the patch has done what was intended there

(I do want to note that I am not complaining about any of this, just why it is awkward for me)

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Shugoki

- Oddly enough the slower heavies screw up my timing (this is more a learn to play thing)

- It feels like I am always one demon's embrace away from all the work I have done being for nothing

- This is situational but I hate facing them in duel on the tower ruin, before the nerf it was impossible, after it, I have only met one, I just about got around that. This is more about the maps than the shugoki though

3) My class could be improved by Making her bleed game more attractive to players than her light game. I don't have any particular suggestion for how since the devs don't want to lower speed, but if they are ever looking for a rework, it needs to be around that. Other than that she doesn't need improvements, but I think rather than nerfs, others need to be buffed to her level if there is a disparity after the guard change stuff, defensive meta stuff and exploits have been fixed.

Charmzzz
05-06-2017, 05:41 PM
I am a PK Main (Rep 18 soon) on PC

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with is the Warlord in Elim/Dom and Warden in Duel

- Warlord: Best turtle atm, LB, Conq and Valk are close but the Warlord is almost unkillable if he takes all 4 passive feats, giving him more defense, more hp, more damage and a self-resurrect. Also his Counterplay is strong, Fullblock into guaranteed Light, Headbutt into guaranteed Light, Hyperarmor on Heavy startup and a Throw that takes you miles. He has it all.

- Wardens in Duel are a pain for me because if I got them low they just back off, spam zone (which has much more range than mine and is also superfast) and keep their guard up for a fast top light.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with is Berserker and Warden

- Berserker with his Hyperarmor on 2nd hit is a pain, Deflect is worthless unless I deflect the first or last hit of his combo. His Top Heavy deals so much Damage, if they jump at you from a side you cant see - half HP gone. Also superfast chained attacks, strong dodge attacks and a guaranteed GB on Deflect.

- Warden still has a strong Bash/GB opener. If you are close (which I have to be as PK) it is almost the same as before. Top Light and ZA are fast and deal alot of Damage, also Top Light has Counterstrike ability and can be used as Bash-Combo-Opener. GB of a Warden deals too much Damage, guaranteed side Heavy or Top Heavy is alot. If they have the Anti-Bleed feat in Elim/Dom I just have to run away if they are good.

- Options on Deflect to encourage players to use Deflect over Parry
- As someone above suggested: make HA cancel into LA an unblockable Attack with less Damage so people do not have to use Light / ZA Spam or Heavy feint to open up a turtle. Then slow ALL first Light Attacks which are currently 15 Frames (PK, Warden, Orochi, etc) down to 18 Frames. Equal across the whole Roster, and easier to react for Console players.

Delta1038
05-06-2017, 05:57 PM
My main is a Conqueror

The hardest one to kill for me is generally a shugoki, simply because his ability to take a hit and not get staggered and still launch an attack can leave me vulnerable due to slow attack speed.

The hardest to defend against is probably the peacekeeper because of her guard break shank ability then just sit back and let me bleed. Rinse and repeat while dodging my slow attacks.

The most I can say about a change is possibly tweak attack speed or give me some more combo options to use.

All these things being said, I can still manage against a shugoki more often than not and I simply refuse to engage a peacekeeper where she has room to dodge so freely. So I consider there room for my own skill improvement being more a priority than fully buffing or nerfing anything.

bananaflow2017
05-06-2017, 09:38 PM
I am valk Main on xbox
1. When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with:
Warden:

Ok vortex is still hard but i can live with that. The big Problem is the turtle.
I am at a point where good wardens allways parry my second light. No matter where i set it. He never atacks and abuses the Turtle Meta like hell.
The only atack coming from him is his zone atack.
I have also no real atack option against him. My jump atacks will get blocked what is a gb for him. The only thing i can do is heavy into bash After 1727271 feints..

2 When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with pk.

Ok i know her recovery is longer After the Patch now.
But that doesnt change anything on console. Still fells like her second light is faster than my guard switch.

3) My class could be improved by
Fixing the turtle meta Problem by removing the ridiculusly high benefit u get when u denfend sucessfully. For example: when a warden parries your light it's an Overhead heavy...

UbiNoty
05-07-2017, 12:33 AM
Glad this thread is still going! Keep em' coming!

SURESHOT22
05-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Few chars i bounce around on.
Warden rank 4. Pk rank 5. Conq rank 3. Lawbringer rank 3. Orochi rank 5.

I have a terrible time against conqs. Pks and sugokis. Doesnt seem to matter that i play them all except the fatman i still have a hard time with those.

Really annoying. I can beat the conq easily usually on my orochi. Every other hard time.

MasterChiefPON
05-07-2017, 01:38 AM
I'm not sure what I main but lately Kensei is my favorite, so I'll go with him. I play on Xbox One.

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with every player that doesn't try to parry whatsoever and just turtles block.

- If my opponent just blocks, my faints don't work and I have no way to iniciate or go to my mixup unless I gb or parry.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Warden.

Because of his vortex, despite it was nerfed, it is still very strong. Lately I've found myself in situations where the Warden just blocked, made my faints useless so I had to earn my damage parrying his lights and then one light got in, I guessed wrong the vortex, and he easily took more health from me than me having to parry his lights. And rolling leaves me without stamina so Vortex becomes worse.

3) My class could be improved by fixing the turtle meta (chip damage), forcing people to try to parry more so my feints become useful against all players.

guest-Nez6tBu0
05-07-2017, 02:55 AM
CONQUEROR main here

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with PK & Rider

- PK and her GB distance, but mostly when I`m out of stamina and if she grabs me afterwards I get three poison hits = big dmg, but still able to kick me down and guarantee minimum two hits, I`m not sure here but probably one heavy and one light
- PK, sometimes I got a feeling she has more HP pool than Conq, she can eat so many heavies from Conq that it is ridiculous. Also, is it just me but if thrown into the fire she seems to take almost no damage, while I`m burning like a bacon.
- recently I played against better Rider I couldn`t do a thing, after my shield bash he side steps and for me, he had guarantee GB I was not able to counter with mine GB. In that case, I was totally shut down as he took away only mechanics Conq has.
- I noticed it only for Rider, but when I miss parry I wasn't able to feint Heavy by Full Stance. Maybe lag/connection issues, can someone confirm these two points against Rider?

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *Warden & Shugoki*

- Warden and his vortex cancellation

- Shugoki, armour layer should be limited to hits only. Running shield bash shouldn`t be immune, doesn`t make any sense. Shield bash should work as well as push back when hit however it should not take armour layer away as it doesn`t do dmg but Shield Bash as crowd control mechanism should work normally

Generally, I like how Conq works as he is different compared to others but here are some ideas that might work as improvements:

- While he cants feint, against light attacks(LA) if he side steps in direction of LA, the enemy should take a small portion of dmg(stagger damage), same as his (conqueror) LA. Versus fast spamming classes it will be still challenging to get it right, but at least not heavy punished like after missed parry and not able to do anything with it.

- I will copy this from above as an improvement: Shugoki, armour layer should be limited to hits only. Running shield bash shouldn`t be immune, doesn`t make any sense. Shield bash should work as well as push back when hit however it should not take armour layer away as it doesn`t do dmg but Shield Bash as crowd control mechanism should work normally

- light attack infinite combo with each successful hit slight attack speed increase

- after dash side left/right, if double-clicked GB he could perform GB instead of SB. I missed so many opportunities when opponent do mistake with side dash and could really punish him with light weakest attack, instead, when I make this mistake I get punished like crazy especially again Berserker heavies

- 3 stage charged heavy should be the strongest hit in game

Kitsune..
05-07-2017, 07:00 AM
I am a Kensei main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with anyone semi decent in blocking

Block is an ultimate anti-Kensei thing in this game. Doesn't matter how hard you try, you can never do anything to someone who just uses this completely basic mehanic and it's frustrating. Ppl even get guaranteed GBs from blocking you and it sucks.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Wardens/slow characters/myself

- Wardens: I'm bad at guessing, this lottery should definitely be more rewarding for Warden's opponent on right guess and should not be so spammable. With nerfed defence this sht is going to be overwhelming I'm afraid.

- slow characters: I mess up parry 98% :( (completely a git gut issue)

- myself: sometimes I just do stupid stuff, I see that I do stupid stuff but I can't stop :eek:

3) My class could be improved by giving us some tool to maintain pressure on passive opponent (chip damage would do I guess, still some kind of special move from neutral is very welcome), removing excessive punishment from Swift Strike or making it really swift, improving his ZA.

Ok, essay! Sorry :o

I think that there's a need to work on overall hero design here. If the devs want Kensei to be an attacker he should get nice pressure tools, bigger damage and get rid of stupid unefficient chains. If he is supposed to be a counterattacker he needs more health, better punishment tools etc. If he is a mindgames king (which he is supposed to be as far as I understand) he needs more feinting options. Give him more soft feint possibilities, let feinted attacks count into chains, decrease stamina cost on his cancels, increase attack speed on feinted attacks, make his feinting window wider and even give his feinted attacks some additional properties (i.e. daze or push) to make them something more than a show you can watch and block on reaction at the end. For now his feints don't look as something so much special in comparison to the other heroes.

Funeragon
05-07-2017, 01:29 PM
I am a Orochi main-PC

1) when i'm trying to get a kill, i have the most trouble against warlods and conq

- hp pool and feats make them almost unkillable
-conq only blocks, so almost impossible to hit him

2) When i am trying to defend myself i've the most trouble with warden / pk

- Warden cause of the vortex (I may be just bad) And that he can do either a parry either his light counter on top side (hard time for an orochi imo)
- Peacekeeper : Speed attacks + speed guard change + flicker (the speed attack is fine, but the flicker make it so my brain goes off xD)

3) My class could be improved by giving it more options to attack (okey it's op to have a double top light, nerf it and give us other tools or some speed, not much, on sides)

Grinzzer62
05-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Not sure which I main, when I started I really sucked so I went with orochi got him to rep 3 but lost to wardens a lot, so I thought I might try the warden thought it was fun and was doing decent got him to rep 2 then started having problems with the assassin side step spam that just got anoying and trouble some so I decided to give the zerker a shot, having a blast with him except maybe when lawbringer plays defense or valk backs me into a corner and does the 3 point leg sweep spam. I recently started playing with the Kensei thoe waiting for a chance at the centurion and Ninja.

vgrimr_J
05-08-2017, 05:30 AM
My main is Lawbro REP 10(xbox one) i play agressive lawbro like american police style
1)I have the most trouble against Conq when im trying to get a kill
-too much turtle and braindead shieldbash

2) when im trying to defend myself i have the most problems against valkyrie
- simply because of light spam

3) lawbro doesnt need a buff anymore hes in perfect spot.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-08-2017, 06:21 AM
I have been playing the Conqueror ALOT these past 2 weeks to prove a point and this is my experience

1) I have a hard time killing ANYBODY

- My best move is still my heavy + Shield bash spam, but my Shield bash can be easily dodged and may god HELP me if they have a dodge R1/R2

- My hardest hitting move is the most telegraphed move in the game

- I have no running attack and my running Shield Bash is VERY easy to dodge and even if it hits I only get a SINGLE heavy and that still does barely any damage

- Also me not have ANY unblock-able swings or uninterruptible attacks (Despite having a Flail which should ABSOLUTELY have one or the other) makes it near impossible for me to get any kills with regularity.

2) The hero I have the most difficulty defending myself against is the PK/Beserker

- Their ability to easily dodge and IMMEDIATELY punish my shield bash makes it near impossible to kill them.

- There R1/R2 spam makes it hard to block with 100% accuracy. Luckily all I need to do is block a single hit.

- The PK's endless GB spam makes it hard for me to defend myself while at the same time trying to fight back. Either I turtle and she endlessly GB spams me hoping I miss the timing or I attack and she dodge R2 stabs me into oblivion.

3) The Conqueror can be improved by having the same uninterruptible heavies as the Warlord or the same Unblockable Heavies as the Shugoki.

- Everything he does is so telegraphed, but he has no bite to back up his bite. His only high damage move is his wind up which can be seen from space and any player that has the slightest clue of how to play will simply back away or parry the hit.

Conqueror is in a BAD spot.

dj.unam
05-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Thread needs to stay up after all the Spam that came in today.

so *PUSH*

Draghmar
05-08-2017, 11:21 AM
I am a Nobushi main on PC

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Conq

- It's hard to get pass the ability to bounce even heavy attacks
- If I miss SB spam at the beginning and I'm pinned to the wall it's hard to get out
- [this is me only] I have really problem with reading attacks - it's hard for me to know that they are starting

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Berserk/PK

- If they manage to close gap and start spamming attacks/feints it's hard to keep up, especially when there is wall behind me

3) My class could be improved by making hidden stance somehow more valuable move. It is fun at the moment but hard to pull of in the middle of intense fight. And lags compensation doesn't help here...

TheLastPandaa
05-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Playing as a WARDEN (R11)

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with *SHUGOKI*

- His hyper armour gives him a huge advantage. He only has to trade hits with me to destroy all my hopes.

- The moment when i should put more presure on him (when he is about to die and his health is in red) is the moment when i MUST be more carefull and whait to atack because no matter what, he can oneshot me.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with *NOBUSHI*

- Is hard to get near a good nobu player with a Warden.

- I can not really punish her as i should. If i parry her i only can do a ZA that takes half of my stamina.

- That bleed man...

I think warden is very well balanced now but, if i had to make any change on him, i would reduce a bit the stamina cost of his feints.

#SaveTheConqueror.
#DeusVult.

AKDagriZ
05-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Valkyrie main

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with KENSEI

-he always overcatch every move i make.I'm simply always off timing

-He always seem to have an incredible blocking and parry skills

-I can't move or try anything he is always faster and reach me over my attack.His dodge go beyond mine.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Lawbringer

-i simply need all my collection to be able to win against lawbringer

-i don't have much to say ,only everytime i face any rep lawbringer i feel like it is a competitive tournament match

3) My class could be improved by remove the free guard break people get on some of valkyrie light attack.She will never be competitive as long as this will be accepted.Or , if not let her feint light attacks though.Not to flame the berserker. but he already have a free GB on deflect so if he block a single light its an other free GB.,Add a succesfull parry and you have the picture .3 different opportunity to have free hits out of light attacks

here is 2 respective fight against a kensei and a berseker confirm what i just said
Kensei https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJr4NhlUsE
Berseker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWwSbeJXOA

xSkeletalx
05-08-2017, 03:00 PM
I main the Warlord and mostly play on Xbox.

1) When I am trying to get a kill I have the most trouble with Kensei or Peacekeeper

- PK feels as though she is able to easily get out of any pressure. Her dodges seem to have a lot of invulnerability, and even when she is exhausted from spam or after a parry, she can dash to safety almost guaranteed. If she decides to full sprint away, there really isn't much I can do to chase her down, either; that's generally fine in 4v4s, but I feel as though the PK needs to either struggle to get out of immediate danger OR struggle to run away, whereas currently it seems as though she's the best at both of those things.

- Kensei's side dodge attacks are extremely frustrating. Free blocks, fast initiating dashes with lots of invulnerability and wide movement, and a good amount of damage, and he isn't even an Assassin. I also can't get a guard break after parrying him, which really limits my guaranteed punish opportunities against Kensei, and doesn't adequately punish a Kensei who isn't playing smart.

2) When I am trying to defend myself I have the most trouble with Peacekeeper or Valkyrie, Warden vortex.

- Warden's vortex continues to be a problem, even with the changes to the grab cancel window. His SB and SB cancel works fine, and I feel it is fair for him to land free side lights after a neutral SB hits, but I do not think the grab cancel should remain part of Warden's kit. Valkyrie and Warlord both had access to cancel their unblockables into GB at one point, and it was removed. Obviously both characters have different kits than the Warden, but if that sort of 50-50 was deemed OP, unfair, or otherwise not right for the game, I think it should be removed from the Warden, even if it means a successful SB guarantees a heavy instead of lights.

- Valkyrie can enter her bash and lights -> sweep combo too easily and consistently, and gets too much of a reward from it. She gets a free heavy on knockdown, sets up the sweep, and gets another heavy. The sweep does not feel reactable on the X1, and if you've been hit by her lights you may not even be out of hitstun in time to attempt to dodge the sweep.

-The PK's light spam continues to be problematic, particularly with the speed change to Full-Guard; I have had numerous instances where I initiate Full-Guard in anticipation of being attacked, the vocal sound plays, yet the transition hasn't actually happened and I get tagged. It's too difficult (With Nobushi/Berserker/Warden as well, those are the other classes I've spent decent time with) to even block her lights, and it turns every 1v1 into 33/33/33 guessing against a PK. Which side will they switch to? Will they keep the same arc?

3) My class could be improved by speeding up the transition into Full Guard - I struggle to find a use for it as the startup delay prevents it from being reactive, and when I attempt to use it ahead of time my opponents tend to not attack. I'd also like an investigation by the devs/testing team to see if there is a bug preventing Revenge's uninterruptible state from always triggering against non-stagger inducing attacks or automatically countering GBs. As my Warlord I have had instances where I am grabbed during the activation of Revenge or poked out of attacks, while I have had the Revenge state buffs prevent me from doing the same (which is as expected). I do not think that this theoretical bug is class-specific, but I do not know that for sure, either.

Nandomps123
05-09-2017, 07:37 AM
up with this hread