PDA

View Full Version : Exploit venting thread

Crackatawa96
05-04-2017, 01:10 AM
https://gfycat.com/SpotlessActiveAustraliansilkyterrier

I feel like instead of nerfing heroes, exploits should be looked at first. Would give a pretty good idea of what the hero can actually do without them, thus giving better feedback on how to balance them.

And so the point of this thread is really to just share your most rage inducing exploit encounter, whether it was done by you, or to you, all stories are welcome.

Beetlejuice1686
05-04-2017, 02:00 AM
what is that gif supposed to show?

Charmzzz
05-04-2017, 01:18 PM
what is that gif supposed to show?

Don't you see the flickered left attack into right attack (from the attacker POV)?

Edit: But I do not think they can fix that. They have "Simulations" running on every client. So the Attacker in this case presses Attack, your Simulation thinks it comes from his left side, but when it "confirms" the left Attack with the other Players Simulation it is wrong, the Attacker switched his Attack side faster than the latency between the Simulations.

This issue will NEVER be fixed if I think about it (I'm a Software Engineer). They cannot reduce the amount of "wrong" guesses by the Simulations if they stay with a P2P model. Only dedicated Servers with centralised "correct" Information sending to all clients could fix this.

RatedChaotic
05-04-2017, 02:40 PM
And people bash on me for not pvping much and only playing AI for the moment. I chose to not play in that messed up pvp for good reasons. This is one of them. I'd rather wait and pvp when it actually works. I have always had concerns with the indicators being properly displayed to each player.